La Liga - 2012/2013

Terrible decision.

It's that ridiculous guideline in La Liga to yellow card every handball... and usually they're not even consistent in it, but this is just ridiculous. never a penalty, nevermind a sending off. Game over.

If he scores another in this game, he'll be the youngest player ever to score 200 La Liga goals.

For reference, the current all-time leading scorer of La Liga, Telmo Zarra, reached 200 goals at age 29.

Really? There are some things I didn't know, so, with that in mind, I will do some research and find some more stuff. On the match front, I am happy that Osasuna are making a match of it.

It's that ridiculous guideline in La Liga to yellow card every handball... and usually they're not even consistent in it, but this is just ridiculous. never a penalty, nevermind a sending off. Game over.

How is that not a penalty? You can't stop a shot at goal with your arm. The distance wasn't even close between the player and the ball.. Stonewall penalty, even though it's a stupid one to give away by the defender.

I'm never sure if it's a good idea to score against Barcelona at the Camp Nou. You just risk annoying them and losing 6-1 instead of 3-0.

On the other hand if you don't score it could be 6-0.

It's a dilemna.

the red card, yes, it was terrible, but the penalty was spot on

Don't know, he was heading for it and it hit his hand instead... I just don't like sending offs and penalties, call me a purist, but I feel that just ruins games.

the red card, yes, it was terrible, but the penalty was spot on

How could you give it a penalty and not a yellow?

It was a nonsense decision. Considering it is against one of the best teams on the planet, ever, makes it more painful.

Really? There are some things I didn't know, so, with that in mind, I will do some research and find some more stuff. On the match front, I am happy that Osasuna are making a match of it.

From twitter:

Messi needed 235 games to score 200 La Liga goals. Only player faster was Telmo Zarra at 219 (h/t @2010MisterChip).

Ronnie will be after that record.

He of course had the advantage of joining La Liga in his prime. I'm actually surprised it only took Messi 235 games considering he made his debut at 17 and played as a starter since 18.

The major difference in goalscoring between them this season, and every other season apart from the last one, is their away form.

Messi and Cristiano have the same amount of league goals at home, 13, but Messi has 10 more away from home (18/8).

Messi's scored in 10 of his 11 away league games (gave 2 assists in the remaining one); Cristiano's scored in 5 of his 10 away league games (no assists).

what a defending from Osasuna in first half, that's the worst highline I ever saw.

30+ goles en 4 temp. SEGUIDAS en las 4 grandes ligas: Dave Halladay (25-26 a 28-29), Jimmy Greaves (60-61 a 63-64) y MESSI (09-10 a 12-13).

Only the 3rd player apparently to score 30+ league goals in 4 CONSECUTIVE seasons in the top 4 leagues: Dave Halliday (1925/26 - 1928/29), Jimmy Greaves (1960/61 - 1963/64) and now MESSI (2009/10 - 2012/13).

C. Ronaldo is "only" on 2 consecutive seasons at the moment (3 if he makes it 30 this season).

As a neutral, I don't enjoy La Liga at all. It's such a bore-fest.

Mia Vs Bos needs to come back from the half before I fall asleep.

And Valdes doesn't want to play there, what kind of idiot you need to be. :lol:

And as I said, Osasuna are playing awfull higline during whole game last two goals from same mistakes again.