La Liga - 2012/2013

How people can find watching possibly the best club team ever boring I'll never understand.

:lol:

Jesus! Calm down, I'll leave.

Sorry, to gatecrash you two's Messi love fest and being a party pooper.

Instead of making a mockery out of it, you could actually adress my argument... Fulham (14th in the league) were destroyed without even needing RVP, the most in-form striker at United; Osasuna (20th in the league) were 1-1 against Messi, Xavi, Villa until they got a man sent off. How is that worse?

Messi is ridiculous. Although Osasuna's high line was a bit ridiculous in the first half.

If my calculations are correct, Messi is already 10 goals up on this time last year.

He has been a bit underwhelming in the past 2-3 games for me though. Looks more lively in this game, but also more imprecise in his passing and dribbling.

I think Messi didn't make more poor touches in last two years than he did tonight, and he still scored 4

somewhere i saw a comparative chart can't find it now

Something like this:

messigoalss.jpg

Those are league goals by the way.

I know, he was in doubt to start a game in first place.

Sanchez just isn't good enough to be a regular for Barca.

Agreed. Pedro and Iniesta as the inside forwards seems to be their best set-up.

How are Tello and Cuenca coming along? Havent seen much of them this season. They looked decent whenever I saw them play last season.

So, with that in mind, since Messi joined La liga, he has missed 67 games due to injury, holidays, rest, away with the national side and missed a game due to suspension. He has also had his name on the teamsheet but was never used as a substitute in many of the 67 games. He has scored 202 out of the 237 games he has scored in and provided 95 assists. He has scored a total of 119 in his last 100 games (la liga) he has played.

I believe that Malaga deserve to be in and around the top 4-5 places in La Liga, for the way they have taken on the big teams, a great all-round effort from one of the best managers in La Liga.

Definitely, I hope they can keep their players and build on this season. My main concern for them is their lack of squad depth. They've potentially done a brilliant piece of business by getting Diego Lugano on loan (not sure on how valuable Lucas Piazon will be), but they are in desperate need of a consistent goalscorer. Santa Cruz and Saviola have their days, but they're not at all consistent enough.

I believe that Malaga deserve to be in and around the top 4-5 places in La Liga, for the way they have taken on the big teams, a great all-round effort from one of the best managers in La Liga.

It doesn't matter if they finish 4th or 5th, they're not playing in Europe next season anyway. I wonder how these players find motivation to play so well in the league and win games, once CL restarts they will surely focus on that though.

It doesn't matter if they finish 4th or 5th, they're not playing in Europe next season anyway. I wonder how these players find motivation to play so well in the league and win games, once CL restarts they will surely focus on that though.

Well, they've petitioned their exclusion with TAS/CAS, and several clubs they "owe" have declared everything's in order. I hope UEFA revise their decision on the matter.

Courtois making an excellent point-blank save, but Athletic score on the resulting corner.