La Liga - 2012/2013

I turned over just in time to see some Modric trickery and absolutely no foul on the keeper.

Was Coentrao popping pills half way through the game there?

Ronaldo scores again - nice movement and positioning from him.

I think they've won this.

I'm not sure Getafe are going to get the ref to change his mind about the penalty now Ronaldo has actually scored it.

Ozil off for Callejon.
Ronaldo off for Benzema.

Getafe are now the team against who he's scored the most goals; 11 goals in 7 games

The Marca in-house "ref" says the Ramos goal should have been disallowed because of a foul by Carvalho on Moya.

He does have a bit of precedent Carvalho, seems to get away with almost anything.

The Marca in-house "ref" says the Ramos goal should have been disallowed because of a foul by Carvalho on Moya.

He does have a bit of precedent Carvalho, seems to get away with almost anything.

In realtime I thought it was a goal - the kind that often gets called a foul on the keeper - keeper and Carvalho both going for the ball and colliding. But, in slow motion, it looks like Carvalho deliberately angled his jump to get the keeper even if he didn't get the ball.

Even when the best ref in the game (Colina) is in charge!

There's a noon, Sunday match most weeks in La Liga - it's Madrid's turn this week. Malaga next week. Barcelona the week after.

Thanks. I reckon it's a bad idea. I assume it's for money from the far east. But the PL games that kick off early are normally flat.

The commentators said something about Madrid only agreeing to kick off at this time because they are out of the title race, and want to focus on the cup game.

The commentators said something about Madrid only agreeing to kick off at this time because they are out of the title race, and want to focus on the cup game.

I'd be surprised, Real Madrid say they like the timeslot. Mourinho says the players (and supporters) get the rest of the day off with their families. Perez says it promotes Madrid in the far east. They played the 12 noon slot a few times last year and even suggested it for the clasico.

Barcelona don't like it and managed to dodge it last season, but presumably were offered an even worse timeslot if they didn't take it.

On the scheduling thing. Real Madrid have asked La Liga for the Friday night slot for the clasico - scheduled to be played between the 1st and 4th March. They play us at OT on the 5th.

On the scheduling thing. Real Madrid have asked La Liga for the Friday night slot for the clasico - scheduled to be played between the 1st and 4th March. They play us at OT on the 5th.

Hopefully they get told to feck-off; no way the Premier League would do that for us if we requested it.

After the Madrid match.
Ramos: "Cristiano contagia al equipo"

Sounds like they finally got that virus that SAF wasn't going to sell them.

Osasuna equalise!

Didn't see it marcos...:( Since you are a Spanish speaker, "Gol", or "Gollllazo"? As for the new record, are there anymore records to beat for the little man...over to you Skorenzy.

If he scores another in this game, he'll be the youngest player ever to score 200 La Liga goals.

For reference, the current all-time leading scorer of La Liga, Telmo Zarra, reached 200 goals at age 29.