Kylian Mbappe | Signs new PSG contract until 2025, La Liga says they intend to file a complaint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Qatar so desperate to keep Mbappe that the latest offer to him is £50mil per season for 2 years and a £100mil signing on fee.

Bloody hell.

Source: transfer window podcast

Qatar so desperate to keep Mbappe that the latest offer to him is £50mil per season for 2 years and a £100mil signing on fee.

Bloody hell.

Probably wouldn't be far off his wage at Real Madrid though - I think €100m signing bonus will be the lowest a player like him will command considering his profile and age.

Bloody hell.

100m a year basically just for two extra years of your service. It's mouth-watering, but I'm not sure it's accurate. PSG hasn't confirmed or denied it. It's a ridiculous sum of money no matter who it's for, and I'm not sure how they don't get in some FFP mess by even offering that sum with Neymar and Messi's salary plus Marquinhos extension on the cards as well and they are going to activate Nuno Mendes 40m fee as well. That's a lot of money going out without much coming in by way of transfer sales.

But he has a valid point...

No, it's still impressive due to his age.

And he also has more goals in the UCL than Messi and Ronaldo at the same age (23).

He plays for PSG because he is the best player in France by far.
Rooney record in PL it's because he played for dominant United, had he stayed at Everton he wouldn't have scored half of the goals he has.
So the excuse of "he scores a lot cause he plays for the best" makes no sense, the best have to play for the best teams.

No, it's still impressive due to his age.

And he also has more goals in the UCL than Messi and Ronaldo at the same age (23).

He plays for PSG because he is the best player in France by far.
Rooney record in PL it's because he played for dominant United, had he stayed at Everton he wouldn't have scored half of the goals he has.
So the excuse of "he scores a lot cause he plays for the best" makes no sense, the best have to play for the best teams.

To be fair, alot of players have better goals record than Messi and Ronaldo at that age, considering the fact that Ronaldo is pretty much a midfield winger while Messi is more of a support type player in their earlier ages. But Mbappe is definitely one of the best u-23 players I've ever seen, his stats and performance has been impressive.

To be fair, alot of players have better goals record than Messi and Ronaldo at that age, considering the fact that Ronaldo is pretty much a midfield winger while Messi is more of a support type player in their earlier ages. But Mbappe is definitely one of the best u-23 players I've ever seen, his stats and performance has been impressive.

Mbappé is the best U-23 I have seen, only behind Messi, Cristiano, and R9.

Yes, better than Henry at the same age.

How old are you? You’ve got to be below 30 with that commit. If so, fair enough.

But he has a valid point...
Sure, just like it's valid to say Rooney's record came from being in a dominant team. You can say CR7's record is full of penalties and being in a stacked team with the sole purpose of getting him to score. You can say Lebron James is so great because he got to pick and choose where to play, what teammates to get, and formed several super teams, or that sports science has helped these athletes play longer therefore naturally had more impact, it's easy to come up with put-down arguments and they would be 'valid' points, but they're still full of shit because no matter what, nothing about this is easy, otherwise everybody would be doing it. And the best players play for the best team, duh, and Ligue 1 isn't a free-scoring league, it's one of the more defensive one, so it's as dumb of a point as you can possibly make. Mbappe is one of the best young players ever, whether some people want to accept it or not is irrelevant. At this moment, there isn't a conversation about best player in the world that doesn't involve him. Whether you go league, CL, or even the world cup, he's been outperforming Messi or CR7 (to this day in WC knock-out goals), the same CR7 who is the all-time record scorer, didn't even get to Mbappe's goal tally in the CL until the age of 27. And before people try and come back with the argument that Mbappe is a striker and those other players aren't, I would say that neither is Mbappe. Haaland is a striker, pure and simple, and you can see his heat map resembles that much more of Lewandowski than a guy like Mbappe. I don't know where to look for heat maps of CR7's first stint with Manchester United or Messi's around the same age, but I would imagine they're far more similar than Mbappe's would be with a striker.

How old are you? You’ve got to be below 30 with that commit. If so, fair enough.
I'm over 30 and he's absolutely correct for me. There's 2 players I've seen I would very clearly put over him, R9 and Messi...that's it. Every one else may have an argument, but it's no longer clear cut, so I'm curious who are your obvious candidates?

Last edited:
Sure, just like it's valid to say Rooney's record came from being in a dominant team. You can say CR7's record is full of penalties and being in a stacked team with the sole purpose of getting him to score. You can say Lebron James is so great because he got to pick and choose where to play, what teammates to get, and formed several super teams, or that sports science has helped these athletes play longer therefore naturally had more impact, it's easy to come up with put-down arguments and they would be 'valid' points, but they're still full of shit because no matter what, nothing about this is easy, otherwise everybody would be doing it. And the best players play for the best team, duh, and Ligue 1 isn't a free-scoring league, it's one of the more defensive one, so it's as dumb of a point as you can possibly make. Mbappe is one of the best young players ever, whether some people want to accept it or not is irrelevant. At this moment, there isn't a conversation about best player in the world that doesn't involve him. Whether you go league, CL, or even the world cup, he's been outperforming Messi or CR7 (to this day in WC knock-out goals), the same CR7 who is the all-time record scorer, didn't even get to Mbappe's goal tally in the CL until the age of 27. And before people try and come back with the argument that Mbappe is a striker and those other players aren't, I would say that neither is Mbappe. Haaland is a striker, pure and simple, and you can see his heat map resembles that much more of Lewandowski than a guy like Mbappe. I don't know where to look for heat maps of CR7's first stint with Manchester United or Messi's around the same age, but I would imagine they're far more similar than Mbappe's would be with a striker.

I'm over 30 and he's absolutely correct for me. There's 2 players I've seen I would very clearly put over him, R9 and Messi...that's it. Every one else may have an argument, but it's no longer clear cut, so I'm curious who are your obvious candidates?
Aww you ok hon

He is right, unless you want to go as far as Maradona and Pele times, Mbappé is one the best u-23 players ever, only surpassed by the likes Messi, Ronaldo, and R9 at that age.

Why do I keep seeing this bumped during a derby? Get a grip.

Lads come on. He’s not even better than Nicolas Anelka. Don’t get over heels by pace.

Surely every top club is putting together a package to try and entice him.

But it'll likely be Real and Haaland at Barca. Would be amazing for La Liga. Maybe Barca get the other clubs to pay for it in some way :D

- Keep distance in transition and he strikes a lethal ball to the back of the net

- Try to take the ball in transition, he'll dribble you and then strike a lethal ball to the back of the net.

Unplayable.

What a fecking player, making it all look easy. Truly the only player to be put in the same discussion with Messi and Ronaldo in terms of talent

What a player. God I hope he doesn’t end up at City.

It’s time to go!

Seriously, he gotta go test himself in a proper league now. He will not win the CL with PSG.

PSG do not deserve him anymore. He’s done his time, they’ve gambled to keep him putting all the chips on the line and here we are again. They say passing a kidney stone is the biggest pain a man can endure, try being a PSG fan.

That’s him to Real. Think PSG needed to win the CL to keep him. Rashford to PSG and Pogba to stay at United as the dominoes that fall?

Mbappe is totally elite. Probably the fastest player with the ball I can remember.

The French tend to produce some incredibly athletic strikers who look so serene when running at full tilt but have wonderful ability on the ball also, first Anelka then Henry now Mbappe.

The French tend to produce some incredibly athletic strikers who look so serene when running at full tilt but have wonderful ability on the ball also, first Anelka then Henry now Mbappe.

That Benzema guy is decent too. Weird day to not mention him.

That Benzema guy is decent too. Weird day to not mention him.

He’s up there but I was taking more of players who had searing pace which Benzema didn’t have, although he is very Anelka like in the way he runs and his high level of technique combined with nonchalance.

Really needs to vary his finishing. I know I say this a lot but he got in some great positions tonight and just blindly smashed it at the keeper.
he will really kick on when he joins a team that doesn’t just play through balls to him

He’s up there but I was taking more of players who had searing pace which Benzema didn’t have, although he is very Anelka like in the way he runs and his high level of technique combined with nonchalance.

Benzema was pretty rapid for most of his career.

Great player. Tried to win Champions League with PSG for 5 seasons, could only get to the final. Moving (probably to Real) this summer seems perfectly timed.

Status
Not open for further replies.