Kylian Mbappe | Signs new PSG contract until 2025, La Liga says they intend to file a complaint

Status
Not open for further replies.
It isn't a matter of disagreeing. It's just incorrect. You claimed he said Mbappé was miles ahead of Salah when he didn't. Nor did he imply that.

Regarding your second point, not speaking for anyone. Just calling out your baseless post. No need to get emotional, again.
Agree to disagree. I feel he did imply that. Feel free to disagree though!

Re your second point, you said 'no need to apologize' in response to an apology that wasn't aimed at you. Do you still feel that you weren't speaking for anyone there?! As for getting emotional - you do make me chuckle. No matter how many times you say it, it won't make it true ;)

There is no drama, by claiming that I'm biased toward french players you questioned the honesty of my opinion. And by not substantiating it, you demonstrated your own bias.

Now have a good day.
You too, mate!

Mbappe overall is a better player than Salah, this season it's close but doubts it'll remain this way in the next few months.

Again, it isn't a matter of disagreement. You claimed someone said Mbappé was miles better than Salah. You were wrong. This is black and white.

Regarding your second paragraph, I was clearly talking about your claim that JPRouve was biased when you struggled to back it. Again, you seem a little emotional, due to your posts.
Agree to disagree, that's fine with me!

Again, I didn't struggle to back anything, as I haven't attempted to. Again, though, bit odd you felt the need to say 'no need to apologize' to an apology not aimed at you, but it takes all sorts! As for emotional, again, you make me smile! I'm not sure what in my responses has given the impression that I'm anything other than good humored here. I've quite enjoyed the back and forth, to be honest. It's given me something to do at the gym beyond lying on the mats pretending to stretch.

Sure you did. You accused someone of being biased, and failed to back it up when you were challenged in it. You can keep trying hard to convince me you aren't emotional, but as I said, your posts betray your words. Carry on.
:lol: doesn't matter to me whether you think I'm emotional or not, mate. Hope you've found our discussion as productive as I have! As you were.

Sure you did. You accused someone of being biased, and failed to back it up when you were challenged in it. You can keep trying hard to convince me you aren't emotional, but as I said, your posts betray your words. Carry on.
You sound pretty emotional yourself.

:lol: doesn't matter to me whether you think I'm emotional or not, mate. Hope you've found our discussion as productive as I have! As you were.

You certainly seem to, judging my how hard you're trying to convince me you aren't :lol:
As I said, carry on accusing people of biases and squirming when you're challenged on it.

Anyway, apologies to all for the massive derailing of this thread. My bad. @Ladron de redcafe feel free to pm me if you want to keep talking about whether we're feeling emotional or not!

Nope Mbappe has a better all round game. Mbappe looks to create for his teammates quite a lot. Salah plays a much more selfish game in my opinion.

And looking past the stats, I watch Salah and I watch Mbappe and to my eyes Mbappe looks better.

In terms of looking for shots when there are better options. But he's still among the top chance creators and goal assisters.

Mbappé is a better dribbler, and is more dynamic than Salah, but while the latter doesn't excite as much as the former, his productivity is unmatched in England, isn't it?

At this point it feels like a foregone conclusion that he goes to Madrid. I can't see any sum of money being enough for him to want to stay at PSG.

Really hope Haaland doesn't follow him to Madrid. Will be boring to see then bag both of the biggest young stars in the game.

Mbappé wants to win Balloon D'or, he knows he isn't winning it playing in Ligue 1, unless he wins the UCL with PSG.
In Real Madrid he can win Ballon just by scoring tons of goals in La Liga(very doable for him) and reaching semifinals in the UCL, it won't be obligatory to win the UCL, as we saw it with Messi and Ronaldo.

He is aware that nowadays playing in Bundesliga, Serie A, and Ligue 1 puts you in disadvantage to win a Balloon D'or, it forces you to win UCL or an international tournament.

It's the perfect moment to move to Real, as his only real contenders for Balloon D'or , Mohammed Salah and Lewandoski aren't getting any younger, and Ronaldo and Messi are already finished at top level.

Last edited:
If one team can get Haaland and Mbappé, it's Real Madrid. They have spent little in recent years and invested in his renewed stadium. They will get like 150M euros each year hosting different types of events. That's what you get when you have a superb administration. You can say what you want about Pérez, but he knows business.

His business alone, makes like 100m euros a day according to him. You can view this in a interview with a spanish journalist.

If one team can get Haaland and Mbappé, it's Real Madrid. They have spent little in recent years and invested in his renewed stadium. They will get like 150M euros each year hosting different types of events. That's what you get when you have a superb administration. You can say what you want about Pérez, but he knows business.

His business alone, makes like 100m euros a day according to him. You can view this in a interview with a spanish journalist.

Don't believe all the propaganda about F. Perez. He was always a sinister character from his time as a politician in the 70s-80s.
In addition to how he got his fortune. As he had his company bankrupt and the Spanish state came to his aid and as he does and undoes in the media, he throws out journalists and his name comes out in the biggest corruption scandals in the country.

He was simply a student of civil engineering, and his fellow faculty member the future urban planning councillor of Madrid in full construction boom after Franco's death.

Nothing to fear in a country without corruption like Spain.

He was also and is a master of financial engineering, his company (I think around 2011) had a value of €4 billion and an estimated debt of 12 billion, in the annual balance he did everything so that his debt was only 6 billion . I don't want to bore you with all the plots that this character had and is involved in.

PSG have unlimited cash but Mbappe will still leave them for Madrid. It isn't because of the genius of Perez's business dealings but because of the allure of playing for Real Madrid, which sadly most footballers consider to be the pinnacle of football.

Zero chance that his business is making 36 billion euros a year. The guy is living in cloud cuckoo land.

Zero chance that his business is making 36 billion euros a year. The guy is living in cloud cuckoo land.

It was a little bit less than 35 billion in 2020 though.

In the fiscal year of 2020, the Spanish civil and engineering construction company with headquarters in Madrid generated some 35 billion euros (or about 40.6 billion U.S. dollars) in revenue

I must say I was not aware of these figures until I read your conversation here. Had to look for them on Internet.

Anyway, ACS is the biggest international construction company in the world, so it is not surprising they are making that much.

It was a little bit less than 35 billion in 2020 though.

I must say I was not aware of these figures until I read your conversation here. Had to look for them on Internet.

Anyway, ACS is the biggest international construction company in the world, so it is not surprising they are making that much.

Wow, I stand corrected pal.

He owns grupo ACS... Which turned over 39billion euros in 2019

So his business is therefore turning over the equivalent of 100m euros a day

It was me talking bullshit and not him then:D

On par with Zlatan Ibrahimovic and only second to Cavani's 200 goals all-time for PSG. I don't think he'll break the record, unless he stays another season. I would honestly wait another season until Messi's end of contract and then leave at that point. Madrid is not a step up to PSG right now, unless they somehow manage to knock PSG out in the return leg, which let's be real, is absolutely possible despite being very unlikely.

On par with Zlatan Ibrahimovic and only second to Cavani's 200 goals all-time for PSG. I don't think he'll break the record, unless he stays another season. I would honestly wait another season until Messi's end of contract and then leave at that point. Madrid is not a step up to PSG right now, unless they somehow manage to knock PSG out in the return leg, which let's be real, is absolutely possible despite being very unlikely.
Doesn't his contract run out this summer? Would PSG be willing to offer a year extension?

Doesn't his contract run out this summer? Would PSG be willing to offer a year extension?
I don't think they'd offer just a year extension, but more like 2 with an option to sell him for a specific offer after the first year. This would leave him to play with Messi for the final year of the Argentine's contract, and he'd honestly be in a better team than whatever Madrid puts together.

I don't think they'd offer just a year extension, but more like 2 with an option to sell him for a specific offer after the first year. This would leave him to play with Messi for the final year of the Argentine's contract, and he'd honestly be in a better team than whatever Madrid puts together.
Don't see him staying 2 more years. Feels like overkill.

Yes, but Mbappé wants to win Balloon D'or, and he isn't winning it in PSG... unless he wins the UCL.
And we know winning UCL is tricky, the best teams don't necessarily win it, it's a cup competition.
Mbappé saw how a couple of times Messi and Ronaldo won Balloon D'or by breaking records in La Liga, while not winning the UCL.

Mbappé is a beast, the best u-21 player I have ever seen that isn't called Messi and Ronaldo Nazario.
He will get the recognition he always deserved if he goes to Real Madrid, and wins a Balloon there, unfortunately for him this is how modern football works.

Just do the bandulo and get him. He’s free. We pay CR7 £500k a week we are offering Pogba near enough the same. Scrap them all and give this guy the money.

We need a reboot.

Just do the bandulo and get him. He’s free. We pay CR7 £500k a week we are offering Pogba near enough the same. Scrap them all and give this guy the money.

We need a reboot.
Madrid can offer the same money, probably even more, and just a better environment in near enough every way. Mbappe is one of the players that the doom-mongers can say “why the feck would he want to join us??” and be accurate for once.

We need a reboot.
We could give him 2 mil a week and still wouldn’t want to play in europa league.

Really hope Haaland doesn't follow him to Madrid. Will be boring to see then bag both of the biggest young stars in the game.
Hopefully Haaland will be going to Barca. It will actually make La Liga worth watching again. Well for 2 games a season at least.

Hopefully Haaland will be going to Barca. It will actually make La Liga worth watching again. Well for 2 games a season at least.
Doubt Barcelona can afford him. Also, not sure he suits Barcelona if Xavi wants tiki taka. Then again, Aubamayang

Doubt Barcelona can afford him. Also, not sure he suits Barcelona if Xavi wants tiki taka. Then again, Aubamayang
I think Haaland would flourish in any team. Auba has started off well and he's a similar mould to Haaland in that he has limited participation in build up play. I can see Haaland being a beast at Barca or Madrid.

Yes, but Mbappé wants to win Balloon D'or, and he isn't winning it in PSG... unless he wins the UCL.
And we know winning UCL is tricky, the best teams don't necessarily win it, it's a cup competition.
Mbappé saw how a couple of times Messi and Ronaldo won Balloon D'or by breaking records in La Liga, while not winning the UCL.

Mbappé is a beast, the best u-21 player I have ever seen that isn't called Messi and Ronaldo Nazario.
He will get the recognition he always deserved if he goes to Real Madrid, and wins a Balloon there, unfortunately for him this is how modern football works.
Agreed, and I honestly don't blame him one bit. He's given 5 years to PSG and 6 to French football, for a talent like him, that's more than you can ask for unfortunately in modern football. I'm sure he would have loved to end it with a UCL for PSG, I have a very hard time seeing it happen, but that's also why I don't think he will accept any extension, even for all the money in the world. At least you know his decision is sporting and not financial (not that he's going to be struggling for money anywhere he does end up going to).

Don't see him staying 2 more years. Feels like overkill.
Well the idea from what I read is that he would just stay one more year but be under contract for another to get PSG a fee. But I honestly don't see that happen either. They had their chance to sell him for a near world-record fee when he had a year left on his contract which is ridiculous to turn down as much as it is to offer it in the first place from Madrid.

Status
Not open for further replies.