Kylian Mbappe | Signs new PSG contract until 2025, La Liga says they intend to file a complaint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Comparing a 23 yr old with a 30 yr old. It makes KM look even better. MS is only going to decline. The longevity of good performances has been short over his career. Perhaps MS is over performing right now.

What even is this? How does age have any bearing on how good they are right now.

Its no surprise people are claiming Salah is miles better. Let alone that he'd struggle :lol: :lol: in the epl. Till Mbappe moves to a bigger league. Playing down his ability will never end
It's similarly bizarre that people are claiming Mbappé is miles ahead of Salah. Both are absolutely brilliant.

What even is this? How does age have any bearing on how good they are right now.

Right now is a nonexistence concept.in this discussion

the Discuss uses many variables or beliefs, age is another variable. The discussion is not time bound. over MSs career he may have peaked of has over performed he’s not consistent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone made that claim?
People actually think Salah is the superior player :lol: Salah is not even the best player in a Liverpool shirt.
I'd take Mané any day of the week over Salah. I know it's an unpopular opinion but all I see in Salah is a quite one-dimensional player, although he is really good at what he does - running at defenders, cutting inside and curling it in. IF it works, it looks amazing, if it does't he looks like a headless chicken. He doesn't have the vision or play-making of other top players (like Mbappe and Mané) and no random stats thrown around here can change this fact. Liverpool play to maximise this strengths but I'm not sure he would shine as much in other setups.
Mbappé is faster, has more skills and more importantly is younger then Salah.
The guy is one of the best since he is 18. At his age now, Salah wasn’t spoken about…
At the end of their careers, Mbappé will be the best player by far.
I'd argue that the above quotes imply that, yes.

I'd argue that the above quotes imply that, yes.

So, no one. Because none of these posts said that he was miles better, they just said that in their opinion he was better.

So, no one. Because none of these posts said that he was miles better, they just said that in their opinion he was better.
Would you say that Mbappe was miles ahead of Mane? If so, the first poster is implying that he's miles ahead of Salah, who he says is not as good as Mane.

I know how quick you are to defend French players so can see you heard some sort of 'assemble to defend our great hope' clarion call, but I'm not knocking him.

Would you say that Mbappe was miles ahead of Mane? If so, the first poster is implying that he's miles ahead of Salah, who he says is not as good as Mane.

I know how quick you are to defend French players so can see you heard some sort of 'assemble to defend our great hope' clarion call, but I'm not knocking him.

Don't start that french nonsense, I don't care about their nationality and I don't think that Mbappé is the clear better player or the best player in the world, I already said it in this thread. But no one said that anyone was miles ahead of Salah, the first poster said that he would pick Mané and admitted that it was an unpopular opinion.

Right now I'd give a very slight edge to Salah but honestly it's basically nothing. Although I have no doubt about his ability, I still need to see Mbappe outside the french league

Don't start that french nonsense, I don't care about their nationality and I don't think that Mbappé is the clear better player or the best player in the world, I already said it in this thread. But no one said that anyone was miles ahead of Salah, the first poster said that he would pick Mané and admitted that it was an unpopular opinion.
It's not nonsense...you post a disproportionate amount in threads involving French players and leagues. No shame in it, you're French (i presume?!)
And, again, by implication if the first poster said he would take Mané 'every day of the week' over Salah then i don't think its unreasonable to assume that he thinks Mbappé is miles ahead of Salah. But sure, nobody said those exact words so chalk another internet win up for you in the pedant column. Awesome.

It's not nonsense...you post a disproportionate amount in threads involving French players and leagues. No shame in it, you're French (i presume?!)
And, again, by implication if the first poster said he would take Mané 'every day of the week' over Salah then i don't think its unreasonable to assume that he thinks Mbappé is miles ahead of Salah. But sure, nobody said those exact words so chalk another internet win up for you in the pedant column. Awesome.

Of course it's nonsense you insinuated that I defended a player based on his nationality which is nonsense since I didn't even defend the player. You questioned my integrity based on nothing.

Will be interesting to see him in a Real shirt next season.…

How do you know Mbappé wouldn't shine in PL?
Kane has shined in PL for 5 years straight, is he better player than Mbappé? Firminho has shined in PL for a while, is he better than Mbappé? Diogo Jota is shining in PL now, is he better than Mbappé?

Rashford can score in Ligue 1, but he would never do what Mbappé has done in the UCL against Bayern, Madrid,City,Barcelona,etc

When Mbappé was knocking out City and Dortmund, playing for Monaco at 18, Salah was playing in the swiss league.
Mbappé has a bigger ceiling than Salah, he has only less 4 goals than the egyptian in the UCL, being 6 years younger, he 100% gonna surpass him.
Salah is a terrific player, but he isn't better than Mbappé, they are on the same level at least.

Sounds like Mbappe loving to me. Thanks for the unnecessary History lesson. You people told me this was a guaranteed Ballon d’or winner. He’s getting older it’s getting quiet. We’ll see :)

What do you mean by 'has more skills'? If you're saying he has more fancy tricks in his armory then probably but if you're saying he's better 1v1 with a defender then I'd disagree. Salah has impeccable balance, extremely quick feet and his body feints confuse hell out of defenders. I think he's just as effective as mbappe 1v1.
Objectively wrong. Mbappé attempts and completes more dribbles with a significantly higher success %

He's a far better dribbler than Salah. They're pretty much equal as playmakers(both elite creators considering they're primarily goalscorers) and passers, Mbappé carries a significantly bigger threat off the ball. Salah is the better finisher

Honestly, they're both monstrous ceiling raisers but Mbappé is also a better floor raiser, hence the better player

On the other hand, even a declined version of Ronaldo playing in bang average teams has better stats over the last 3 years than Salah and Mbappe.
Only checked stats for Mbappé since we're in his thread, but according to transfermarkt and since the start of the 18/19 season in club competitions, Ronaldo has 116G + 27A in 161 games for Mbappé's 133G + 62A in 159 games. Can't be bothered to look at NT stats but there's no chance it bridges a 52 G+A gap.

Safe to say your claim is blatantly false.

EDIT: And before any "farmer's league" nonsense, in the CL it's Ronaldo 20G + 5A to Mbappé's 22G + 20A. Once again, no contest.

What do you mean by 'has more skills'? If you're saying he has more fancy tricks in his armory then probably but if you're saying he's better 1v1 with a defender then I'd disagree. Salah has impeccable balance, extremely quick feet and his body feints confuse hell out of defenders. I think he's just as effective as mbappe 1v1.
By skills I mean the spectacular you like to see if you like football. Salah is probably as effective but not as good to watch in my opinion.

Maybe Salah is better right now. I didn’t think about it to be honest. I am just saying that at the end of their careers I am pretty sure Mbappé will be miles ahead of Salah which is not unpopular opinion I think.

You’d have to be a fool to pick Salah over Mbappé. Salah maybe slightly better, but he is 30 and is not getting better or younger. Mbappe is just about to enter his prime.
Easy choice.

Objectively wrong. Mbappé attempts and completes more dribbles with a significantly higher success %

He's a far better dribbler than Salah. They're pretty much equal as playmakers(both elite creators considering they're primarily goalscorers) and passers, Mbappé carries a significantly bigger threat off the ball. Salah is the better finisher

Honestly, they're both monstrous ceiling raisers but Mbappé is also a better floor raiser, hence the better player
In a totally different league. It's apples and oranges. To say he's a 'far better dribble than Salah is to do the Egyptian a massive disservice imo. His technique may not be as pleasing on the eye but he's every bit as good one on one.
Of course it's nonsense you insinuated that I defended a player based on his nationality which is nonsense since I didn't even defend the player. You questioned my integrity based on nothing.
'Questioned your integrity'?! It's a forum, mate, not a court of law - calm down.

Its interesting you mention off the ball, because I would argue he is worse off the ball especially defensively, Mbappe doesn’t press at all, in fact I think he presses less than Messi per game.

What was the point of mentioning the player nationality and assuming mine?
:lol: calm down mate...it's a forum, let's not take things too seriously.

I stand by what I said though, you absolutely have a slightly biased view where French players are concerned.

:lol: calm down mate...it's a forum, let's not take things too seriously.

I stand by what I said though, you absolutely have a slightly biased view where French players are concerned.

I'm perfectly calm. Can you show me where I have a biased view of French players?

Its interesting you mention off the ball, because I would argue he is worse off the ball especially defensively, Mbappe doesn’t press at all, in fact I think he presses less than Messi per game.
Obviously i wasn't talking about defending

I'm perfectly calm. Can you show me where I have a biased view of French players?
Why would I want to go through your post history to do that?! It's clear you're the kind of dude that likes to be right...I hope that works out for you!

Why would I want to go through your post history to do that?! It's clear you're the kind of dude that likes to be right...I hope that works out for you!

It's interesting because you keep talking about my character as if we knew each others, you make comments about me that are fairly negative and don't substantiate them. While acting as if I did something wrong, just as a reminder, I asked you who claimed that Mbappé was miles better than Salah.

I didn't defend a player and I didn't question your character.

Instead of accusing him of a French bias, you could address his point.

Again, instead of the childish response, you're better off pointing out a bias that you alluded to and got called out on. This is silly.

It's interesting because you keep talking about my character as if we knew each others, you make comments about me that are fairly negative and don't substantiate them. While acting as if I did something wrong, just as a reminder, I asked you who claimed that Mbappé was miles better than Salah.

I didn't defend a player and I didn't question your character.
A question that I answered, no? Though my answer didn't satisfy your forensic standards as the exact phrasing you required wasn't used. As for questioning your character, isn't that a little dramatic? I think its absolutely natural to be more kindly disposed towards some of your own international players...I'm sure I exhibit the same sorts of biases as well.
Instead of accusing him of a French bias, you could address his point.
Who pulled your chain? If you read down, you'll see i did answer that original point.

Again, instead of the childish response, you're better off pointing out a bias that you alluded to and got called out on. This is silly.
Sweet that you're swooping in to defend JPRouve but I think you'll find he's fine. What, exactly, does it have to do with you?

And no, I'm not better off trawling through a poster's post history for hours to score internet points. Now THAT would be silly.

Sweet that you're swooping in to defend JPRouve but I think you'll find he's fine. What, exactly, does it have to do with you?

And no, I'm not better off trawling through a poster's post history for hours to score internet points. Now THAT would be silly.

No need to get emotional. You made a silly point, got called out on it, can't back up your initial claim that he had a French bias.

So you've resorted with that last line about not wanting to "trawl" through a search history to back up your claim. Silly, as I said.

A question that I answered, no? Though my answer didn't satisfy your forensic standards as the exact phrasing you required wasn't used. As for questioning your character, isn't that a little dramatic? I think its absolutely natural to be more kindly disposed towards some of your own international players...I'm sure I exhibit the same sorts of biases as well.

Who pulled your chain? If you read down, you'll see i did answer that original point.

No, you quoted people that didn't make that point.

And no it's not dramatic you used it as a way to dismiss a question that I asked you and you did it when I didn't even defend a french player. Also I don't have a bias in favor of french players, I find that notion weird, the nationality of a player is irrelevant to the way I judge them.

No need to get emotional. You made a silly point, got called out on it, can't back up your initial claim that he had a French bias.

So you've resorted with that last line about not wanting to "trawl" through a search history to back up your claim. Silly, as I said.
Who's getting emotional?! It's the internet...if I got emotional every time I had a minor disagreement with people I would be an emotional wreck!

Again, I honestly don't understand the need to back up anything I've said with evidence? I'm not building a legal case. If you disagree, which you clearly do, that's fine. It would be a dull world if we all held the same opinions. As I said...what would be silly would be spending time scraping his post history!

No, you quoted people that didn't make that point.

And no it's not dramatic you used it as a way to dismiss a question that I asked you and you did it when I didn't even defend a french player. Also I don't have a bias in favor of french players, I find that notion weird, the nationality of a player is irrelevant to the way I judge them.
We're going over old ground here. See my previous responses to you on this. As I said, I don't think that inferring that the poster i quoted thought Mbappe was miles ahead of Salah based on him not rating Salah as highly as Mane was a stretch. You disagreed. It happens. I apologize if you feel I've smeared your good name on this forum, or besmirched your e-honour!

It isn't about disagreements though. Or about a difference of opinion. You dismissed someone's posts and accused him of a bias based on nothing. You were called out on it are are now struggling to show where the bias is. That's pretty much it in a nutshell.
It is all about opinions here...it's a forum. I'm not struggling to show where the bias is as I'm not even trying. As I said, if you think that, cool, that's your prerogative. Still think it's a little odd you're getting involved in something that has nothing to do with you, but hey, whatever gives you your kicks, man.

We're going over old ground here. See my previous responses to you on this. As I said, I don't think that inferring that the poster i quoted thought Mbappe was miles ahead of Salah based on him not rating Salah as highly as Mane was a stretch. You disagreed. It happens. I apologize if you feel I've smeared your good name on this forum, or besmirched your e-honour!

You realize that it's not about me and my honour? It's about determining what kind of poster you are, I don't really know you and I wanted to know a bit more about you after you questioned my character for no obvious reason. Now I know where to stand.

It is a stretch. None of those posts indicate that he thought Mbappé was "miles ahead" of Salah.

No need to apologize. But your posts are going to get called out when you blatantly make something up that you can't back up.

You don't say? But if you're stating that someone has a bias, you better have something to back it up with, otherwise you look silly.
On your first point, let's agree to disagree.. i felt it was implicit in the Mane comparison but you don't...that's fine, we don't all need to agree on everything.

I wasn't apologizing to you, but interesting that you feel able to speak for the guy now too :lol:

You realize that it's not about me and my honour? It's about determining what kind of poster you are, I don't really know you and I wanted to know a bit more about you after you questioned my character for no obvious reason. Now I know where to stand.
Again, doesn't 'questioned my character' seem a little dramatic?! I said you were biased towards French players - it's not like I said you like to torture puppies or spit at babies. As for the bolded...how did you feel that you'd get to know more about me without asking? I'm Aquarius, GSOH and enjoy long walks and snuggling up by the fire with a good book.

Could see Mbappe staying on mega money if he feels Spain is on a little downturn but at the same time it's a great chance for Madrid to be the clear best team and rack up a few league titles. I'm sure the allure is still great for him.

Again, doesn't 'questioned my character' seem a little dramatic?! I said you were biased towards French players - it's not like I said you like to torture puppies or spit at babies. As for the bolded...how did you feel that you'd get to know more about me without asking? I'm Aquarius, GSOH and enjoy long walks and snuggling up by the fire with a good book.

There is no drama, by claiming that I'm biased toward french players you questioned the honesty of my opinion. And by not substantiating it, you demonstrated your own bias.

Now have a good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.