Kylian Mbappe | Signs new PSG contract until 2025, La Liga says they intend to file a complaint

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me he is the best player in the world right now

Surely it is Salah? 23 goals and 9 assists in 28 games.

Mbappe has 22 goals and 16 assists in 32 games.

Mbappe plays in the best team in France by far and the competition is far lower than in the PL. He has 12 goals and 9 assists in the league in 22 games compared to Salah who has 16 goals and 9 assists in 22 games.

Outside of goals and assists, both look very dangerous but Salah has a better all round game.

Mbappe plays in the best team in France by far and the competition is far lower than in the PL. He has 12 goals and 9 assists in the league in 22 games compared to Salah who has 16 goals and 9 assists in 22 games.

Outside of goals and assists, both look very dangerous but Salah has a better all round game.

Nope Mbappe has a better all round game. Mbappe looks to create for his teammates quite a lot. Salah plays a much more selfish game in my opinion.

And looking past the stats, I watch Salah and I watch Mbappe and to my eyes Mbappe looks better.

Mbappe looks unplayable. I rarely see players like that. He's going to transform Real Madrid.

Salah is second in the Premier league for chance creation, big chance creation and assists (TAA has him beat in all three categories).

But yeah, let's go with selfish. Maybe invite Garth Crooks into the conversation and count how often he doesn't pass to Mane.

Best way I can describe Mbappe is as a shark or barracuda. You can never feel safe with him on the pitch because you know at any point he can just blast past a defence and he generally does every game at various times. He must be a nightmare to defend against.

When you compare Mbappe to Rashford the two key things with them that stand out (we can discuss their technical abilities etc) is that Mbappe just has that "I am the boss" swagger about him, hes had it from day one and he is just a livewire, constantly, constantly attacking.

Rashord on the other hand has never had that same kind of swagger. Which to me just points to a mentality gap between the two more than a technical gap. Some players just don't give a sh!2 regardless of the stage. Mbappe seems one of those.

For me, the biggest difference between the two isn't swagger but intelligence. Kylian's one of the smartest players out there, and he's not just some speedster with some skills trying to get past players all the time without much of an idea of what to do afterwards, whereas Rashford feels like he stops thinking once he's got past his man and defaults to shooting from ridiculous angles and tough situations.

Salah is second in the Premier league for chance creation, big chance creation and assists (TAA has him beat in all three categories).

But yeah, let's go with selfish. Maybe invite Garth Crooks into the conversation and count how often he doesn't pass to Mane.
I can’t believe this is even a discussion. Mbappe is very wasteful with chances while Salah is a killer with a wider variety of finishes.

Nope Mbappe has a better all round game. Mbappe looks to create for his teammates quite a lot. Salah plays a much more selfish game in my opinion.

And looking past the stats, I watch Salah and I watch Mbappe and to my eyes Mbappe looks better.

That is just complete rubbish.

:lol: Exactly.

I can’t believe this is even a discussion. Mbappe is very wasteful with chances while Salah is a killer with a wider variety of finishes.

This completely. Current Salah is ridiculous and is severely under rated by people. Probably because he doesn't play abroad, plays for Liverpool who aren't seen as flashy like PSG, isn't hyped up as a replacement for Messi and Ronaldo as the next big thing and didn't go for £150m.

Surely there's no one player that is the best in the world for sure at the moment. There's Salah, there's Mbappé, Lewandowski keeps performing at the same out of this world level that he has been playing for the past 3 years.

Surely there's no one player that is the best in the world for sure at the moment. There's Salah, there's Mbappé, Lewandowski keeps performing at the same out of this world level that he has been playing for the past 3 years.

I give it to Lewandowski because he makes difficult things look way too easy. It will sound very stupid but he is as impressive as prime Ronaldo and Messi. The others are impressively functional players but nothing looks actually easy.

They can offer the moon, he aint going to re-sign. Have you seen the pics of a 12 year old mbappe's bedroom? Covered in real madrid pics everywhere. The boy is a huge madrid fan.
Moreso Ronaldo than anything

20190101-The18-Image-Mbappe-Poster-Ronaldo.jpg

Mbappe-and-Ronaldo.jpg

but yea pretty sure he wants to follow in his footsteps :lol:

This completely. Current Salah is ridiculous and is severely under rated by people. Probably because he doesn't play abroad, plays for Liverpool who aren't seen as flashy like PSG, isn't hyped up as a replacement for Messi and Ronaldo as the next big thing and didn't go for £150m.
I find this quote funny because most would say playing for Liverpool is pretty good exposure. PSG may be flashy, but they play in a league that far less people watch and people have made the argument that if Mbappe wants to have a chance to be recognized as the best in the world, then he'd need to play abroad.

But Mbappe's definitely been anointed for a while now. It was just surprising how all of the sudden people are trying to put him as the best player in the world when not even 6 months ago he was a spoiled diva that was throwing his career away. Sports journalism and its measured and reasonable takes.

People actually think Salah is the superior player :lol: Salah is not even the best player in a Liverpool shirt.

Salah is better than Mbappe. Only PR would make anyone think otherwise.
Assuming you can't use L1 stats in this discussion for some reason (in 2021 Mbappé had 65 G+A overall to Salah's 48), we can look at CL stats.

Even being kind enough to remove Salah's pre-Liverpool stats from the equation, Mbappé's 32G+23A in 52 games are definitely superior to Salah's 33G+10A in 50 games.
Salah's been on fire so far this season but it's egregious to assume he's so much better than Mbappé that "only PR would make anyone think otherwise". Even this CL season, Mbappé has 5G+4A to Salah's 8G+0A, so it's arguably a very similar output.

I don't like making a stats post as an argument, but it's not like many here watch more than 5 Mbappé games a year to base their opinion on.

Eyy Salah is easily the best player in the Prem. who is better for Liverpool?

I'd take Mané any day of the week over Salah. I know it's an unpopular opinion but all I see in Salah is a quite one-dimensional player, although he is really good at what he does - running at defenders, cutting inside and curling it in. IF it works, it looks amazing, if it does't he looks like a headless chicken. He doesn't have the vision or play-making of other top players (like Mbappe and Mané) and no random stats thrown around here can change this fact. Liverpool play to maximise this strengths but I'm not sure he would shine as much in other setups.

I give it to Lewandowski because he makes difficult things look way too easy. It will sound very stupid but he is as impressive as prime Ronaldo and Messi. The others are impressively functional players but nothing looks actually easy.

He didn't really get close to reach Messi's peak (2012) statistically, but he had a better goalscoring calender year than Ronaldo ever had this year, statistically.

Having said that, football is more than just scoring, and that's why Mbappé and Salah are getting touted as the best in the world just as much as Lewandowski even if they aren't scoring as much.

I'd take Mané any day of the week over Salah. I know it's an unpopular opinion but all I see in Salah is a quite one-dimensional player, although he is really good at what he does - running at defenders, cutting inside and curling it in. IF it works, it looks amazing, if it does't he looks like a headless chicken. He doesn't have the vision or play-making of other top players (like Mbappe and Mané) and no random stats thrown around here can change this fact. Liverpool play to maximise this strengths but I'm not sure he would shine as much in other setups.
Mane can be class but I can see this being very much a minority opinion. Salah is brilliant - top three in the world for me at the mo.

Assuming you can't use L1 stats in this discussion for some reason (in 2021 Mbappé had 65 G+A overall to Salah's 48), we can look at CL stats.

Even being kind enough to remove Salah's pre-Liverpool stats from the equation, Mbappé's 32G+23A in 52 games are definitely superior to Salah's 33G+10A in 50 games.
Salah's been on fire so far this season but it's egregious to assume he's so much better than Mbappé that "only PR would make anyone think otherwise". Even this CL season, Mbappé has 5G+4A to Salah's 8G+0A, so it's arguably a very similar output.

I don't like making a stats post as an argument, but it's not like many here watch more than 5 Mbappé games a year to base their opinion on.

He wouldn’t be doing what Salah is doing in the Prem and Salah Would easily be doing what he is doing in Ligue 1. I mean if they wanted to them could replace Mbappe with Rashford next season and not much would change.

Salah is by far a better playmaker than Mane, I actually don’t understand what you’re talking about in relation to this, Salah has been a better playmaker since he came to the league.

Salah is every bit as good as playmaker Mbappe also, he is far more of a passer than dribbler actually when all said and done.

Mbappé is faster, has more skills and more importantly is younger then Salah.
The guy is one of the best since he is 18. At his age now, Salah wasn’t spoken about…
At the end of their careers, Mbappé will be the best player by far.

Mbappé is faster, has more skills and more importantly is younger then Salah.
The guy is one of the best since he is 18. At his age now, Salah wasn’t spoken about…
At the end of their careers, Mbappé will be the best player by far.
What do you mean by 'has more skills'? If you're saying he has more fancy tricks in his armory then probably but if you're saying he's better 1v1 with a defender then I'd disagree. Salah has impeccable balance, extremely quick feet and his body feints confuse hell out of defenders. I think he's just as effective as mbappe 1v1.

Spot on.

He has 29 goals and 7 assists in his last 20 UCL games or something like that. That's Prime Messi Ronaldo level stats.

Lets face it. If he was French, Brazilian or English his hype would be even more insane.

He didn't really get close to reach Messi's peak (2012) statistically, but he had a better goalscoring calender year than Ronaldo ever had this year, statistically.

Having said that, football is more than just scoring, and that's why Mbappé and Salah are getting touted as the best in the world just as much as Lewandowski even if they aren't scoring as much.

Touted? Nah that's just their PR teams at work. They did the same thing after Mbappe destroyed Barcelona last year.

Even in those posts by sports pages discussing Mbappe as the best player, most fan comments go "Does Lewandowski play golf/poker", etc.

Didn't Mbappe finish 9th in the Ballon d or ?

Right now, I would say Mbappe is a top 3 player in the world since Messi has declined and Mbappe has been pretty consistent and better than the Haalands and Benzemas.

Salah is the best in the League right now and I would say currently him and Mbappe are pretty even.

PSG aren't exactly "flashy" or attractive for Football fans. They're not Real or Barca.

If anything, when you play for PSG, people diss the hell out of you and ask you to move to a real league

It's pretty clearly Lewandowski for the last 3 years tbh.

He's the only one always showing consistency and in the discussion. Every candidate is pitted against him.

His stats and accolades over the last 3 years are pretty insane.

Even with the 2 Ballon d or snubs.

On the other hand, even a declined version of Ronaldo playing in bang average teams has better stats over the last 3 years than Salah and Mbappe.

Spot on.

He has 29 goals and 7 assists in his last 20 UCL games or something like that. That's Prime Messi Ronaldo level stats.

Lets face it. If he was French, Brazilian or English his hype would be even more insane.

Touted? Nah that's just their PR teams at work. They did the same thing after Mbappe destroyed Barcelona last year.

Even in those posts by sports pages discussing Mbappe as the best player, most fan comments go "Does Lewandowski play golf/poker", etc.

Didn't Mbappe finish 9th in the Ballon d or ?

Right now, I would say Mbappe is a top 3 player in the world since Messi has declined and Mbappe has been pretty consistent and better than the Haalands and Benzemas.

Salah is the best in the League right now and I would say currently him and Mbappe are pretty even.

PSG aren't exactly "flashy" or attractive for Football fans. They're not Real or Barca.

If anything, when you play for PSG, people diss the hell out of you and ask you to move to a real league

It's pretty clearly Lewandowski for the last 3 years tbh.

He's the only one always showing consistency and in the discussion. Every candidate is pitted against him.

His stats and accolades over the last 3 years are pretty insane.

Even with the 2 Ballon d or snubs.

On the other hand, even a declined version of Ronaldo playing in bang average teams has better stats over the last 3 years than Salah and Mbappe.

Just because Ronaldo has better stats than Mbappé and Salah for the last 3 years doesn't mean he was a better player.

Pretty sure most Man Utd fans would change Mbappé/Salah for a 37 years old Ronaldo, who when doesn't score doesn't offer anything else, Ronaldo is now a muscular version of Inzaghi.
All good scoring while playing in a dysfunctional team, but he isn't the only who has done that, there are plenty of players who have scored a lot playing for dysfunctional teams worse than current United, Danny Ings at Southampton, Aubameyang at Arsenal, Jamie Vardy at Leicester, Belloti at Torino, Anthony Modeste at Köln FC, etc

Mbappé has been a top 3-4 player in the last 4 years at least, will be number one when Messi retires, and Salah declines due to aging.

Last edited:
Its a bloody disgrace that United is not a front runner in purchasing Mbappe and Haaland. Its a bloody disgrace that other clubs don't fear our ability to pull their top players away from them. Its a bloody disgrace we stopped evolving after SAF retired.
But most of all its a bloody disgrace that we have fans who will justify all of this.

He wouldn’t be doing what Salah is doing in the Prem and Salah Would easily be doing what he is doing in Ligue 1. I mean if they wanted to them could replace Mbappe with Rashford next season and not much would change.

How do you know Mbappé wouldn't shine in PL?
Kane has shined in PL for 5 years straight, is he better player than Mbappé? Firminho has shined in PL for a while, is he better than Mbappé? Diogo Jota is shining in PL now, is he better than Mbappé?

Rashford can score in Ligue 1, but he would never do what Mbappé has done in the UCL against Bayern, Madrid,City,Barcelona,etc

When Mbappé was knocking out City and Dortmund, playing for Monaco at 18, Salah was playing in the swiss league.
Mbappé has a bigger ceiling than Salah, he has only less 4 goals than the egyptian in the UCL, being 6 years younger, he 100% gonna surpass him.
Salah is a terrific player, but he isn't better than Mbappé, they are on the same level at least.

Comparing a 23 yr old with a 30 yr old. It makes KM look even better. MS is only going to decline. The longevity of good performances has been short over his career. Perhaps MS is over performing right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.