Kylian Mbappe | Merci.

Only one player they're coming for if they sell him, Rashford. We need to get his contract sorted if we're to keep him.
feels like the most logical next best thing, could definitely see them pushing for the likes of him Osimhen and RKM

The fact I'm in this thread alone suggests I hold the faintest hope, but he's only ever going to end up at RM, isn't he?

The fact I'm in this thread alone suggests I hold the faintest hope, but he's only ever going to end up at RM, isn't he?
No way he doesn’t play there at some point, and at 24 if he joins someone else now it’s possible they don’t let him move again until he’s 28/29. It’s hard to see how he doesn’t push for Madrid now, it’s the perfect time really.

Whether or not it suits Madrid is another matter. Didn’t Perez swear off him after getting publicly swerved last year? They also have Vinicius in his spot and a big number 9 shaped hole to spend money on. Unless Mbappe wants to play through the middle, but I’m sure he’s said he doesn’t want to.

Him possibly going to Madrid leaves us clear for a run at Kane in theory right? I mean I say in theory because Levy will probably demand a half the takeover fee for him.

I love how there has been 6 pages since the news broke without there being a single link to us.

I love how there has been 6 pages since the news broke without there being a single link to us.
There are no links. Technically mods should block any mbappe transfer threads and move.them to the football section as its all fantasy about him coming here.

No way he doesn’t play there at some point, and at 24 if he joins someone else now it’s possible they don’t let him move again until he’s 28/29. It’s hard to see how he doesn’t push for Madrid now, it’s the perfect time really.

Whether or not it suits Madrid is another matter. Didn’t Perez swear off him after getting publicly swerved last year? They also have Vinicius in his spot and a big number 9 shaped hole to spend money on. Unless Mbappe wants to play through the middle, but I’m sure he’s said he doesn’t want to.

I'm sure I read somewhere recently that they kissed and made up, not sure of the veracity of that and even if they didn't, we all know Perez has nothing in the way of a moral compass to pass up the chance to sign French Rashford.

There are no links. Technically mods should block any mbappe transfer threads and move.them to the football section as its all fantasy about him coming here.
Yeah, we won't be able to buy someone like Bamford before our takeover is complete nevermind Mbappe.

If Mbappe comes at the expense of Garnacho he can feck right off.

Garnacho is going to be a right baller.

Purely from a sentimental view, seeing Garnacho develop and play his role in taking us back to the top would be more satisfying then buying the ready made guy that'll leave after a few years.

If Mbappe comes in and doesn't affect Garnacho's playing time/development then I'm all for it.

Madrid will probably do a cash plus player deal with them offering vini or rodrygo as makeweight

If Qatar buys us there's a chance, otherwise we may as well start printing the Madrid shirts with Mbappe on the back now.

Sancho plus say £60m if we get bought by Sheikh Jassim. Sancho stays on his very high wage, United manage to move a player on who doesn't fit and it's very helpful for FFP. If Sancho is valued at £60m in the deal, then Mbappe's price is £120m. Amortised over 5 years that's £24m per annum, less Sanchos' amortisation of around £14m and the incoming fee of £60m, that's £50m added to the FFP budget (some of this will be offset by the difference in wages).

Obviously this would all facilitated by two *cough* unrelated *cough* parties. Said parties would also benefit by breaking this story before the takeover completes. Just a question of if Mbappe will go for it.

Last edited:
Wonder if they would take a swap deal with Rashford involved. £80 million plus Rashford, PSG have long been interested in him! I love Rashford but I’d drive him to the airport myself if we got a chance at Mbappe, he’s the best in the world.

How much do we reckon he'll cost then? Under normal circumstances it would definitely be a record setting fee, but again he's on the last year of his contract and PSGs aren't exactly skint.

Do Madrid have any levers the can pull? :D

Wonder if they would take a swap deal with Rashford involved. £80 million plus Rashford, PSG have long been interested in him! I love Rashford but I’d drive him to the airport myself if we got a chance at Mbappe, he’s the best in the world.
And what do you do in 2 years' time when we have neither as Mbappe has fecked off to Madrid? Beg for Rashford to come back?

And what do you do in 2 years' time when we have neither as Mbappe has fecked off to Madrid? Beg for Rashford to come back?
Well in that scenario mbappe would be sold for £200 million plus so you’d like to think we could reinvest that.

:lol: the disrespect!

Crazy fee and astronomical wages, do not want on due to this. Great player but we need 5 supporting players before we can get the likes of a luxury player like Mbappe.

How much do we reckon he'll cost then? Under normal circumstances it would definitely be a record setting fee, but again he's on the last year of his contract and PSGs aren't exactly skint.

Do Madrid have any levers the can pull? :D
£180-£200mil. Same as what madrid offered last summer when he was going into last year of his contract.

It will at least equal his monaco to psv move €180mil if not more.

:lol: the disrespect!
To who? Wouldn’t be the worst deal for PSG who at least get something like a replacement in and someone who they admire. Better than hun going to Madrid for nothing a year later!

£180-£200mil. Same as what madrid offered last summer when he was going into last year of his contract.

It will at least equal his monaco to psv move €180mil if not more.
Yeah I don't see anyone spending that.

I feel like he's burned his bridges with Madrid somewhat after the teasing and bamboozling last summer, and despite that I don't see them forking out that much after they've spent a fair bit on Bellingham.

City could probably swing it if they swallow some more financial doping charges (which they won't receive any meaningful punishment for), but not sure they need him.

I reckon he might just stay another year and then bow out on a free to Madrid next season.