Kylian Mbappe | Merci.

We aren’t signing Mbappe. Doesn’t fit our squad currently and won’t come here. It’s Madrid or Paris only for him.

It makes zero logical sense why he’d join United. Other than money. We have Rashford so basically have our own version of him.

People can bang a drum saying Mbappe is better but going on last seasons form not much in it.
I stopped reading when you said there’s not much in it between Mbappe and Rashford. Unfortunately it was also the last sentence.

We should be all of this. This signing would put us back on the map. Unfortunately he will probably go Madrid or maybe Chelsea as London is a big pull now. Not sure why as the city has declined massively in the last decade
In what way?

I stopped reading when you said there’s not much in it between Mbappe and Rashford. Unfortunately it was also the last sentence.
Was his point inaccurate regarding form last season?

[
Mbappé is one of the best players in the world and would make us real contenders again. Rashford, although they share some qualities, is nowhere near his level.
Not on his own he wouldn’t. Bayern clowned him in the champions league this season because that PSG side was fractured.

I’d honestly be going for a player like Vinicius JR or Kvaratskhelia together with Kane if we wanted to make this team the best side in the world the next few years.

Kane is just as good as Mbappe right now as a footballer.

We have Rashford so getting a player who does the same stuff even if it’s better is kinda pointless to me on those wages if Marcus stays fit.

Thats fair - and you watch him more than I do - what is the power he has over PSG? Are the reports of him having some autonomy over club decisions a nonsense?

And what is his work ethic like? Playing with pure hypotheticals - do you think he'd clash with a manager like Ten Hag? These are my worries. I'd like to think if he were to come here in that insane scenario, Ten Hag would give him a similar approach that Fergie gave Cantona and adapt.

Mbappé doesn't any more power than the other top players in the world, he doesn't have a particular autonomy, in fact this season PSG did the exact opposite of what Mbappé has been rumoured to want.

It depends on what you mean by work ethic? He trains hard and his obsessed with Football, now Mbappé isn't a defensive player, he is bad at it and barely thinks about it, if that's what you mean by work ethic than no he isn't good at pressing, tackling or marking.

Also Mbappé and Cantona are nothing alike, Cantona was a loud troublemaker while Mbappé doesn't really talk outside of a scheduled PR events by the FFF, PSG or the LFP.

You don’t decide to buy a player based on one season’s form. Regardless, Mbappe’s stats were still considerably better than Rashford’s this season. Mbappe was also one of the best players at the World Cup. One of the best players in the champions league while finishing joint 3rd top scorer. So yes, even that point is inaccurate.

[

Not on his own he wouldn’t. Bayern clowned him in the champions league this season because that PSG side was fractured.

He’s a slight upgrade over Marcus if Marcus stays fit for a full season.

I’d honestly be going for a player like Vinicius JR or Kvaratskhelia together with Kane if we wanted to make this team the best side in the world the next few years.

We have Rashford so getting a player who does the same stuff even if it’s better is kinda pointless to me on those wages if Marcus stays fit.

Callum Wilson and Haaland both score goals. Maybe City should've gone for Wilson instead.

Kvaratskhelia over Mbappé? So you would replace Rashford with Kvara, but not Mbappé? :confused:

And then again, there is City. What a statement that would be. However, how they square that off financially would be the thing.. but then again, football is f***ed financially, and if people want to get this done, it will get done.

I think Mbappe has been tapped up anyway.

Under owners that hadn't squeezed the life out of the club this would probably be viable. Under our current stewardship, safe to say it is not..

Mbappe is several tiers above Rashford. It’s not remotely close between them. He’d be the standout player of the PL (team environment etc aside) if he came here - ahead of KDB and of course the poacher.

Mbappe is several tiers above Rashford. It’s not remotely close between them. He’d be the standout player of the PL (team environment etc aside) if he came here - ahead of KDB and of course the poacher.
That's not what the post said. Their form was comparable last season - that is an irrefutable fact, and that's all the poster said.

How we could make it work:

In Possession:
OIo5gui.png

Out of Possession:
3QrCJSE.png

Positives:
  • Neither Rashford nor Mbappe are great going backwards, which makes them unsuitable for the left-wing in a positional play setup. Neither is great at occupying centre-backs but this way they'd share the load, with the freedom to drop and collect the ball from midfield. No team would dare go one-vs-one so would always leave either the DM or one of the full-backs back, leaving us with one more body in midfield defensively, and an extra one in deep build-up. In possession Mbappe and Rashford would take turns occupying the centre, or even leave it all together for a darting run from Mount/Bruno/Rabiot.
  • Mount and Bruno are hard-workers and would make us much more solid defensively, they would provide plenty of support to the full-backs. Mount is especially good at working the left half-space in possession , so his signing would make a lot of sense.
  • Shaw inverting suits him, he's not a great overlapper but has all the skillset for an effective DLP.
  • Wan-Bissaka staying back a la Walker is a good fit for his best assets
Negatives:

• Will lack width on the right.
  • Garnacho and Anthony would need to adapt their games.

That's not what the post said. Their form was comparable last season - that is an irrefutable fact, and that's all the poster said.
Actually that’s not all the poster said which was

We have Rashford so basically have our own version of him.

People can bang a drum saying Mbappe is better but going on last seasons form not much in it.
We don’t have our own version of Mbappe because Mbappe is a better football by a country mile or three. People can bang a drum saying the form last season was similar but going on their careers let’s face it Rashford isn’t in the same category. Last ‘season’ also saw Mbappe have a brilliant World Cup where he nearly won it for his country. He’s one of those players - if you can sign them you have to sign them. All things remaining equal he would outperform any other Pl player.

Actually that’s not all the poster said which was

We don’t have our own version of Mbappe because Mbappe is a better football by a country mile or three. People can bang a drum saying the form last season was similar but going on their careers let’s face it Rashford isn’t in the same category. Last ‘season’ also saw Mbappe have a brilliant World Cup where he nearly won it for his country. He’s one of those players - if you can sign them you have to sign them. All things remaining equal he would outperform any other Pl player.
He did not compare one being better than the other. He said they are both of similar ilks which they are. Just like Hojlund is a similar ilk of a player to Haaland, but the latter is miles better.
And he said from a form standpoint Rashford proved he can match Mbappe's numbers last season, so he doesn't want to see that disrupted or at least see's little value in doing so.

Again - the comparison to Mbappe was not in any way outlandish whatsoever.

He did not compare one being better than the other. He said they are both of similar ilks which they are. Just like Hojlund is a similar ilk of a player to Haaland, but the latter is miles better.
And he said from a form standpoint Rashford proved he can match Mbappe's numbers last season, so he doesn't want to see that disrupted or at least see's little value in doing so.

Haaland and Hojlund aren't really of the same ilk. And I wouldn't say that Mbappé and Rashford are of the same ilk either, Mbappé is a more complete player and has generally been a far better playmaker.

For lack of better comparison, Rashford is closer to Hulk while Mbappé is closer to Barcelona's version of Villa.

Yeah this is one I am definitely not gonna allow myself to believe could even happen. Would love to say we could sell a vision of him coming here for 3/4 years then finally going to Madrid.

As long as he doesn’t end up at City I’m happy.

Mbappe has obviously spoken to a club, most likely Madrid. There was zero requirement for him to submit the letter of intent. He could just have continued as normal and let it expire without exercising the 1 year option. He’s most likely trying to provoke a move now rather than next summer to whichever club he’s spoken to.

Haaland and Hojlund aren't really of the same ilk. And I wouldn't say that Mbappé and Rashford are of the same ilk either, Mbappé is a more complete player and has generally been a far better playmaker.

For lack of better comparison, Rashford is closer to Hulk while Mbappé is closer to Barcelona's version of Villa.
Rashford and Mbappe are forwards who often cut in from the left side, take players on and have similar strengths of pace and dribbling. I get Mbappe does more complete things, but we are really splitting hairs at the moment and just debating semantics.

A poster said he wouldn't really be keen on Mbappe because Rashford is there from the left and had the same form as Mbappe. Unless Mbappe enjoys playing centrally or from the right, I don't see an issue with his point of view (even if I disagree).

David Villa?

And then again, there is City. What a statement that would be. However, how they square that off financially would be the thing.. but then again, football is f***ed financially, and if people want to get this done, it will get done.

I think Mbappe has been tapped up anyway.

I highly doubt Mbappé or Haaland want to share their goal total. There's just not enough room in a team for both of them at the current stage of their career.

On top of that, it would take a lot of work for Guardiola to convince him he needs to work off the ball. Not impossble but far from ideal.

David Villa?

Yes, Villa in the way he was used in 10/11. An inside forward that isn't the main creator but a high level secondary creator while also scoring and playing like a striker but from a wide position.

Yes, Villa in the way he was used in 10/11. An inside forward that isn't the main creator but a high level secondary creator while also scoring and playing like a striker but from a wide position.
I do not think mbappe is anything like him, he was more technical and less physical, hes was more of a creator and less of a goal scorer. Mbappe is a more simplistic, direct player.

Callum Wilson and Haaland both score goals. Maybe City should've gone for Wilson instead.

Kvaratskhelia over Mbappé? So you would replace Rashford with Kvara, but not Mbappé? :confused:
If Mbappe proved he could play through the middle yes I would take him. I’d prefer Kane through the middle though and with Rashford and Garnacho we don’t need Mbappe.

All three are too similar. All very direct and don’t create a whole lot in the assist department.

The point is we don’t need to buy a like for like spending 200m and god knows what on wages.

My point on Kvaratskhelia you can dominate football games with players like him. He has a skillset built of pressing and playing smart in tight areas.

That’s a style I’d like to see personally as he could be the player Sancho should have been.

We aren’t signing Mbappe. Doesn’t fit our squad currently and won’t come here. It’s Madrid or Paris only for him.

It makes zero logical sense why he’d join United. Other than money. We have Rashford so basically have our own version of him.

:lol: Mbappe is so clear of Rashford.

Stylistically I understand to an extent but to ignore the vast different in quality is silly. You don’t refuse Mbappe who is all set to be standout player of his generation.

You’d refuse to sign Haaland if you had Hojlund?

I’m all for us being more about the system but Mbappe is the sort of player that is beyond systems.

bah gawd what is this blasphemy have you ever seen Mbappe play?
Kane is a better all round footballer. Apart from pace obviously.

Kane is ridiculously good in a limited spurs team considering. Mbappe wouldn’t be an upgrade for spurs over Kane as it stands.

What I like about Kane over Haaland and Mbappe is he doesn’t go missing in games half as much. He has a better skillset overall.

Imagine if he played for Man City? Assist and goals.

I do not think mbappe is anything like him, he was more technical and less physical, hes was more of a creator and less of a goal scorer. Mbappe is a more simplistic, direct player.

Villa wasn't more of a creator. As an illustration, since Ligue 1 will be dismissed who do you think registered more assists per game in the CL or International Football?

Villa wasn't more of a creator. As an illustration, since Ligue 1 will be dismissed who do you think registered more assists per game in the CL or International Football?
Being creative is not just assists though. Also the way their teams play are so different, PSG and France basically build around Mbappe, and that was never true of Villa.

Kane is a better all round footballer. Apart from pace obviously.

Kane is ridiculously good in a limited spurs team considering. Mbappe wouldn’t be an upgrade for spurs over Kane as it stands.

What I like about Kane over Haaland and Mbappe is he doesn’t go missing in games half as much. He has a better skillset overall.

Imagine if he played for Man City? Assist and goals.
Nah come on. Don't go there. Just don't.