Kylian Mbappe | Merci.

Yeah I don't see anyone spending that.

I feel like he's burned his bridges with Madrid somewhat after the teasing and bamboozling last summer, and despite that I don't see them forking out that much after they've spent a fair bit on Bellingham.

City could probably swing it if they swallow some more financial doping charges (which they won't receive any meaningful punishment for), but not sure they need him.

I reckon he might just stay another year and then bow out on a free to Madrid next season.
According to spainish press earlier in the season, he contacted perez and apologised for messing them around last summer.

Whether he goes this summer or next summer to madrid remains to be seen.

Perez is as smart as they come for football chairmen. He must have kept the mbappe "fund" from last summer aside for this summer, just in case.

Real of course. That'll be some squad they have. Bellingham will be excited.

He’ll join Real Madrid eventually this burning bridges crap is bull

Wonder if they would take a swap deal with Rashford involved. £80 million plus Rashford, PSG have long been interested in him! I love Rashford but I’d drive him to the airport myself if we got a chance at Mbappe, he’s the best in the world.
Forgive me for looking at your username and then questioning your judgement on left sided attacking players.

Even if he was only here for 3 seasons(leaving to Real afterwards), it'd be 1000% worth it.

But I highly doubt he wants to go anywhere else but Real Madrid.

If Mbappe comes at the expense of Garnacho he can feck right off.

Garnacho is going to be a right baller.

Purely from a sentimental view, seeing Garnacho develop and play his role in taking us back to the top would be more satisfying then buying the ready made guy that'll leave after a few years.

If Mbappe comes in and doesn't affect Garnacho's playing time/development then I'm all for it.

Garnacho isn’t ready to start games yet as shown last season, he’s still a far better option when coming off the bench with 20-30 minutes to go when the opposition defence is tired.

I think Mbappe coming in if he were to do so simply means he and Rashford alternating during a game between left forward and centre forward like Martial and Rashford have done over the years so Garnacho wouldn’t get any less game time than he already does, what we don’t want to do though is burn Garnacho out or put too much on his young shoulders.

Purely from a sentimental view, seeing Garnacho develop and play his role in taking us back to the top would be more satisfying then buying the ready made guy that'll leave after a few years.

If Mbappe comes in and doesn't affect Garnacho's playing time/development then I'm all for it.
Well that's a take. Quite possibly the best forward on the planet at his absolute peak? No thanks, let's stick with Garnacho who will probably become a very good player in the next few years but who isn't good enough to start yet.

PSG should just focus on French talent... there is soooooo much French talent, that seem to go abroad instead of PSG... why? They will not get paid more? Maybe it's that new experience thing, which I fully appreciate, but I just think a focused, more refined PSG would probably end up winning the CL because their previous model has not worked.

We aren’t signing Mbappe. Doesn’t fit our squad currently and won’t come here. It’s Madrid or Paris only for him.

It makes zero logical sense why he’d join United. Other than money. We have Rashford so basically have our own version of him.

People can bang a drum saying Mbappe is better but going on last seasons form not much in it.

Come on, man. Kylian Mbappe is basically a top 3 player in world football.

Yeah I don't see anyone spending that.

I feel like he's burned his bridges with Madrid somewhat after the teasing and bamboozling last summer, and despite that I don't see them forking out that much after they've spent a fair bit on Bellingham.

City could probably swing it if they swallow some more financial doping charges (which they won't receive any meaningful punishment for), but not sure they need him.

I reckon he might just stay another year and then bow out on a free to Madrid next season.
They need a forward and the chance to sign him now before he runs his contract down and listen to other offers might be too much of a risk for Madrid unless they tap him up now and offer him a package for next year.

We aren’t signing Mbappe. Doesn’t fit our squad currently and won’t come here. It’s Madrid or Paris only for him.

It makes zero logical sense why he’d join United. Other than money. We have Rashford so basically have our own version of him.

People can bang a drum saying Mbappe is better but going on last seasons form not much in it.
Not much in it? In what world? I’m far from one of those posters to shit on our own players (especially the actually good ones like Rashford and Garnacho) — but come on, lads. This is Kylian Mbappe we are talking about here.

When someone like him is available you move whoever else it is in his way to get him. It’s a no brainer - he’s that good.

Come on... Mbappe is better at basically everything compared to Rashford. They do share some of the same qualities and share the same position but if Rashford his speed would be an 8 than Mbappe is a 10. If Rashford his finishing is an 8 than Mbappe is an 10. Rashford had a very good period during the season where he was closing the gap but that is not Rashford his normal level. There is a reason Mbappe is spoken off as already one of the best and a future Ballon d'Or winner and Rashford is not in that conversation.

Not saying we should sign Mbappe because there are positions that require more attention so Rashford and Garnacho will do just fine as left wingers. However, Mbappe is a better player than Rashford. Nobody other that an England and/or Manchester United fan would claim otherwise.

I am not so sure.

I am.

Rashford is a 100 million pound player himself. 180 million for a player on the final year of his contract? Mbappe or not, that's beyond bad business.

It's all arbitrary anyway, he's nailed on going to Real.

Not much in it? In what world? I’m far from one of those posters to shit on our own players (especially the actually good ones like Rashford and Garnacho) — but come on, lads. This is Kylian Mbappe we are talking about here.
Apart from the World Cup final hat trick Rashford was easily as good as him in the mins played that tournament.

Rashford was better in Europe and just as impressive in the league given Mbappe plays against poorer sides each week.

Put Rashford in the PSG side he would dominate too in Ligue 1.

I wouldn't be surprised if both Newcastle and Chelsea make a bid.

And he could be tempted to go to London. I wonder whether Arsenal may now rethink their £100m for Declan Rice. I would.

Saying that Mbappe does not fit your squad is like saying in 2009 Ronaldo does not fit your squad.

You make it fit to a player of his quality and also age.

I don't think we'll get him but if there's a 1% chance we should be trying.

We should be all of this. This signing would put us back on the map. Unfortunately he will probably go Madrid or maybe Chelsea as London is a big pull now. Not sure why as the city has declined massively in the last decade

Come on, man. Kylian Mbappe is basically a top 3 player in world football.
And this isn't FIFA.
My concern is the circus that comes with him. Who will the owners side with if ETH falls out with him over a poor work ethic or something misspoken to the media?

Question is whether Madrid can do the deal under FFP this summer. Having spent €100mil on bellingham. No one was expecting Benzema to leave this summer.

Also what would it take for PSG to sell? €180-€200mil ?

Would this be a reprieve for neymar? Messi gone, Mbappe possibly going. Do they do a u-turn and keep neymar, even though they have been trying to offload him.

I don't think he is going anywhere.
But there has been some rumours around Madrid about a 'painfull move', some say Rodrygo, others say Valverde.
It would make sense to make some money for the Mbappe deal if he really was coming to Madrid, which I don't think.

Last edited:
Apart from the World Cup final hat trick Rashford was easily as good as him in the mins played that tournament.

Rashford was better in Europe and just as impressive in the league given Mbappe plays against poorer sides each week.

That's an interesting take, especially when you talk about poorer sides. Rashfrod registered a G+A every 94 minutes in the EL while Mbappé registered a G+A every 93 minutes in the CL.

you cant be serious? I love Marcus as a person and a player but he is levels below Mbappe. Mbappe and Haaland are the best two forward players out there by some distance.

And this isn't FIFA.
My concern is the circus that comes with him. Who will the owners side with if ETH falls out with him over a poor work ethic or something misspoken to the media?

Mbappé barely talks to the media and there isn't really much drama outside of nonsense engineered by the french press. When it comes to these things keep in mind that the french sport press is one of the worst in Europe, they create and maintain drama.

Saying that Mbappe does not fit your squad is like saying in 2009 Ronaldo does not fit your squad.

You make it fit to a player of his quality and also age.

I don't think we'll get him but if there's a 1% chance we should be trying.

I dont know... Upgrading Rashford with Mbappe will improve the team but if you have a limited budget wouldnt solving some glaring issues in the team improve the team even more? Having a fit and Manchester United quality forward would be nice to have. I think that improves the attack more than a Rashford to Mbappe upgrade. Although i wouldnt complain if Mbappe signed. Guess Rashford will just have to focus on becoming the CF in that situation.

Pretty sure Ten Hag would want him given the chance. He has two eyes and a working brain.

That's an interesting take, especially when you talk about poorer sides. Rashfrod registered a G+A every 94 minutes in the EL while Mbappé registered a G+A every 93 minutes in the CL.
Swap Mbappe into that United team without Messi feeding him. I mean Rashford and Messi would be absolute fire too don’t you think?

Mbappé barely talks to the media and there isn't really much drama outside of nonsense engineered by the french press. When it comes to these things keep in mind that the french sport press is one of the worst in Europe, they create and maintain drama.
Thats fair - and you watch him more than I do - what is the power he has over PSG? Are the reports of him having some autonomy over club decisions a nonsense?

And what is his work ethic like? Playing with pure hypotheticals - do you think he'd clash with a manager like Ten Hag? These are my worries. I'd like to think if he were to come here in that insane scenario, Ten Hag would give him a similar approach that Fergie gave Cantona and adapt.

If he really wants Madrid, he will get it. Even if it means he just waits one year.

It may end up being a long summer saga where PSG end up conceding it’s better to accept anything above £70-80m now than nothing in 12 months.

Mbappé is one of the best players in the world and would make us real contenders again. Rashford, although they share some qualities, is nowhere near his level.

Worrying about Garnacho or Rashford in the case of Mbappe coming for some years is nonsense. He wouldn't stay his whole career. It'd be a 4 year thing, and we'd sell to Madrid after for the same as we buy him for basically. Garnacho is 18 years old, he's an impact sub, he's a rotation player. Look at Foden or Alvarez at City - both of them have Haaland, Grealish, Mahrez, Bernardo silva on more minutes. It's a very normal setup. Rashford and Mbappe would switch between CF and LW, Garnacho would sub for one, Antony and Sancho (or if Sancho leaves, Garnacho) would sub at RW.

In the unrealistic hypothetical of Mbappe coming, worrying about game time for an 18 year old isn't a factor because if Mbappe stayed 4 years, Garnacho could then takeover at 22 as the first choice. Which is fine.

No doubt what's happened with him though is he regrets staying for bigger money as he realizes that even a great world cup with a hat trick in the final brings him nowhere close to Ballon D'Or when he isn't playing important club football. He needs to play in an important league and do well in the CL.

I dont know... Upgrading Rashford with Mbappe will improve the team but if you have a limited budget wouldnt solving some glaring issues in the team improve the team even more? Having a fit and Manchester United quality forward would be nice to have. I think that improves the attack more than a Rashford to Mbappe upgrade. Although i wouldnt complain if Mbappe signed. Guess Rashford will just have to focus on becoming the CF in that situation.
I think they can play together.

Mbappe wants to play upfront and he's said so in the past. Rashford imho is much better off the left wing. We play fast transition football and are not much of a possession side, so it fits there. You can defend against one of these speed merchants but two would be a nightmare.

The only issue I can see is neither does any sort of good job of pressing and working for team and we cannot have 1, let alone 2 of these players starting for us week in, week out if we want major honours.

Man Utd pull this one off for the love of God.

Yeah this is one I am definitely not gonna allow myself to believe could even happen. Would love to say we could sell a vision of him coming here for 3/4 years then finally going to Madrid.