Kylian Mbappe | Merci.

As much as I rate him, I don’t really find the idea of virtually taking him on loan for 1-2 seasons before he inevitably forces a move to Madrid that fascinating. We won’t be competing for major trophies even with him in the squad, and I’d rather build our squad on players that we can keep beyond maximum of 2 years.

As much as I rate him, I don’t really find the idea of virtually taking him on loan for 1-2 seasons before he inevitably forces a move to Madrid that fascinating. We won’t be competing for major trophies even with him in the squad, and I’d rather build our squad on players that we can keep beyond maximum of 2 years.

Does he actually want to sign for Real Madrid?

Hasn’t he like forever wanted that? I thought it has been pretty well established it’s his end goal.

No. People have assumed that it was his dream due to his passion for Ronaldo. But the reality of the matter is that Mbappé has rejected them 3 times.

Come and do 6 years here like Ronaldo and then get your dream world record move to Real, like Ronaldo. Suii come on mate.

I know what you mean, not nice when we are used as a "stepping stone" but as example if we signed Haaland from Salzburg and allowed the clause, we would of had him for 3 years and he would of left for Madrid/Barca definitely not City. What would we of achieved in those 3 years with him nobody knows but surely would of been better than what we did.

Hindsight is a great thing though.

No. People have assumed that it was his dream due to his passion for Ronaldo. But the reality of the matter is that Mbappé has rejected them 3 times.
If we're to be frank, he's also been offered absolutely stupendous amounts of money for the alternative. Or are you suggesting that if PSG and Madrid had offered him the same wage and bonus package he would still refused Madrid?

If we're to be frank, he's also been offered absolutely stupendous amounts of money for the alternative. Or are you suggesting that if PSG and Madrid had offered him the same wage and bonus package he would still refused Madrid?

Well he refused them for Monaco and the rumoured wage offer from Madrid were similar to the ones rumoured for PSG. But even then, there is nothing other than Ronaldo that links him to Real Madrid.

Well he refused them for Monaco and the rumoured wage offer from Madrid were similar to the ones rumoured for PSG. But even then, there is nothing other than Ronaldo that links him to Real Madrid.

Yeah I don’t get the whole ‘he wants Madrid’ thing. It was mostly the club twerking for him but he rejected RM time and time again. If he really wanted, he would be there already.

I know what you mean, not nice when we are used as a "stepping stone" but as example if we signed Haaland from Salzburg and allowed the clause, we would of had him for 3 years and he would of left for Madrid/Barca definitely not City. What would we of achieved in those 3 years with him nobody knows but surely would of been better than what we did.

Hindsight is a great thing though.

Good point. Sometimes with these top players it’s better to have them for a short period of time than not at all, and often short period of time is all you can get. I don’t expect Haaland to stay at City more than 4 years either.

That was last year after renewing. In addition to a comic book in which he says:
"Mom, this shirt must be returned to Santa Claus. Look, it's not the original, it doesn't have the cross on top of the crown. I won't wear it. The one I will wear will be the original one when I grow up and play for Real Madrid."
And maybe there are some more details. Dream, predilection, sympathy or perhaps media interest, it could be defined in different ways, but he seems willing to orientate his career towards Madrid above the rest.

In all seriousness, this is all incredibly lame.

The guy did a big media event, at the stadium, holding a t--shirt that said MBAPPE 2025. Then he and PSG did a PR campaign and multiple interviews where they talked about a three-year contract.

For him to, one year later, be like "actually it's a 2+1 contract and I'm already telling you after 1 year that I'm not renewing" is such a shitty move.

He didn't do that one year later, he did it barely 2 months later :lol: :lol:

He extended in mid may of 2022 and told PSG's board he wouldn't trigger the option in mid july, 2 fudging months later !

So a Madrid mouthpiece claims that the nation of Qatar have specifically asked Mbappe whether he fancies United, to which he's told them no.

Well that's that then. Back to the Kane thread.

Romain Molina is full of sh*t, he can't be trusted.

MadridXtra. Definitely an unbiased no-agenda source.
MadridXtra just retweets information from other media/people, in this case Romain Molina, french journalist, idk much about him or his credit.

Either way, annoying summer with Mbappe again.

Romain Molina is full of sh*t, he can't be trusted.

To be more honest, Molina can be trusted when the topic is one of his lengthy investigation. Otherwise he is gossipy and repeat the same old things while pretending that it's new or current which can be extremely misleading if you aren't following him regularly.

He's going to Madrid and nowhere else. 100%.

He wont go to city at all. His camp briefed journos awhile back that it would only be clubs with "history" i.e. not a new plastic club.

It was also reported that after he'd done spain he wanted to experience the PL. But thats a long way off.

Anyway Mbappe holds all the cards. Sell him this summer to Madrid or he joins them next summer on a free.
I don’t disagree about madrid being his likeliest next destination but the “history” bit will be forgotten as soon as the money is flashed up front afterwards.

To be more honest, Molina can be trusted when the topic is one of his lengthy investigation. Otherwise he is gossipy and repeat the same old things while pretending that it's new or current which can be extremely misleading if you aren't following him regularly.

This. He's apparently a good investigator, but when he turns his youtube channel on and explains 2 hours after a news that he knew everything all along, it's pure gossip.

He actually got caught in a couple of lies, including a big one in the Diallo/Hamraoui case when he was pretty much used as a pawn to tell one side of the story that was later disproven by the police. He gathers gossips right and left and spew it on camera as if it was an absolute truth.

He's going to Madrid and nowhere else. 100%.

He wont go to city at all. His camp briefed journos awhile back that it would only be clubs with "history" i.e. not a new plastic club.

It was also reported that after he'd done spain he wanted to experience the PL. But thats a long way off.

Anyway Mbappe holds all the cards. Sell him this summer to Madrid or he joins them next summer on a free.
Which is why he joined PSG, and chose to sign a mega deal with them instead of getting his dream move to Madrid last season?

I call bollocks. if City were interested he'd not think twice about joining them.

Tbh I feel like the prospect of making it Haaland vs Mbappe in Manchester and the premier league, similar to Ronaldo vs Messi in Spain, would be a hard one to pass up. Unfortunately we were too big of a shit show for too long so even with Qatar taking over, I don't think he'd come to United this year, not until we cement ourselves as a top club again. Real Madrid realistically though the only option. Benzema is gone, he'll slot in right there.

Which is why he joined PSG, and chose to sign a mega deal with them instead of getting his dream move to Madrid last season?

I call bollocks. if City were interested he'd not think twice about joining them.

As I've mentionned before, there's no way Mbappé goes to City with Haaland in the team. He wants to beat records and be the star in his team, he won't share the light and his goals with Haaland.

Tbh I feel like the prospect of making it Haaland vs Mbappe in Manchester and the premier league, similar to Ronaldo vs Messi in Spain, would be a hard one to pass up. Unfortunately we were too big of a shit show for too long so even with Qatar taking over, I don't think he'd come to United this year, not until we cement ourselves as a top club again. Real Madrid realistically though the only option. Benzema is gone, he'll slot in right there.
I actually think Madrid would struggle to afford him this summer, and PSG likely won't make it easy for them either.

Genuinely think the most likely outcome is him staying and then leaving for Madrid on a free next year.

I actually think Madrid would struggle to afford him this summer, and PSG likely won't make it easy for them either.

Genuinely think the most likely outcome is him staying and then leaving for Madrid on a free next year.
They'd be fine, they've made a transfer net profit the last 3 seasons before this one, something like 150m. Of course before that they had a big splurge, but they tend to go a few years of doing very little before going big in one window. This year Bellingham and Mbappe for a total of 250m isn't a big deal for them all things considered, especially as they've cleared a good chunk of wages.

They'd be fine, they've made a transfer net profit the last 3 seasons before this one, something like 150m. Of course before that they had a big splurge, but they tend to go a few years of doing very little before going big in one window. This year Bellingham and Mbappe for a total of 250m isn't a big deal for them all things considered, especially as they've cleared a good chunk of wages.

I don't really know the club finances, but i do know what the team needs in terms of positions on the field, and it sure isn't another LF, Vinicius will do, what will not do, however, is our situation at both RB and LB, in addition we need a new first striker(Mbappe doesn't fancy playing that position), back-up striker, new RF.

See, we have a lot of rebuilding to do, waiting around for Mbappe(again) will hurt us, hope he signs for United or whatever for a 5 year contract this summer.

Would be an unbelievable signing for Utd, a genuine game changer, but he's destined for Madrid.

I don't really know the club finances, but i do know what the team needs in terms of positions on the field, and it sure isn't another LF, Vinicius will do, what will not do, however, is our situation at both RB and LB, in addition we need a new first striker(Mbappe doesn't fancy playing that position), back-up striker, new RF.

See, we have a lot of rebuilding to do, waiting around for Mbappe(again) will hurt us, hope he signs for United or whatever for a 5 year contract this summer.

This. On top of that, good luck to the LB that will play alongside him because his off the ball contribution is terrible. Madrid doesn't have Messi on top of that so it won't be as bad but still, he's a phenomenal offensive player but a lazy f*ck (unless he finds a coach who forces him to do it).

I wonder if he actually wants to leave. Who's gonna match this salary? He'd be giving up a lot of money by joining Madrid or any other club for that matter.

People seem to assume everyone wants to go to Madrid.

Our two highest paid players are getting less than 50% of his salary? What do you think happens to other salaries if we offer him, conservatively, £700k pw?

We’re going to need Jassim and we’re going to need to do a City on our finances. Then in a years time we can be 115 charges FC.

Great player and a good footballing wet dream, but this shouldn’t be anywhere near an actual consideration for us unless he comes in within our existing wage structure. He’s good but he’s not good enough to risk exploding the club for.

He’d be a perfect example of the kind of mercenary we said we’d not sign moving forward. Here for the payday and his own rep, not for the shirt, the club or the plan. He’d then be off on his toes in a couple of years, and probably on a free as a final feck you to our FFP situation.

We need to cook the books to sign him, dont be utterly ridiculous. There could be a good 10-12players leave this season, who knows, we already have two leaving for free. May or may not happen....but we certainly arent buying anywhere near that figure. So salaries can balance out to a certain degree possibly as a squad.

Dont get me wrong, this kind of salary is crazy on top of a huge fee, we have had Sanchez on a huge salary and that hasnt massivley effected our wage structure. Mbappe may or may not turn out to be a mercenary, he doesnt seem to have carried himself greatly, cant deny that.

This is a differnt situation though. We are talking about probably the best player in the world now, age 24 so a decade of a career left in him, if he comes and moves in a couple of years....he is going for a huge fee unless he is allowed to run down a contract, this isnt a talented yet over hyped player, a player not at the wrong poitn of his career or a South American may not settle.

We sig him and the club explodes....slight over exaggeration maybe?

I get the wages are ridiculous, the loyalty may not be there and you allude to the obvious of him being a great player. The wages are the one crazy element of this transfer. Perosonally looking at fees we have paid out over the last decade the rumoured transfer fee is good, although its great some of the loyal and shirt loving players we have had, but the most mportant thing is they give there all in the shirt and perform while they are here, in a minority but the likes of Tevez and Heinze were great players in there time here....you dont have to be eligible for a testimonial either to be a great servant to the club, Cantona was only here five seasons in total and several treble winners far less.

If there is one player you adjust things to get here it would be Mbappe as you simply cant get a abetter player at this moment in time. At the end of the day, who are you to say he would just be a mercenary and on his toes in a couple of seasons anyway, he could be very different, hardly loyal but it was a foregone conclusion he was going to madrid last summer and he stayed.

I say all this and in all honesty I am not even a massive fan of him, there is a certain sense of arrogance beyond the French swagger I dont like about him, but not wanting Mbappe here as just the type of player we should avoid....really?

People seem to assume everyone wants to go to Madrid.
Its the best club in europe to join if you want to win the CL (unfortuntely).

Its run extremely well and they pretty much get the players they want eventually.