Kylian Mbappe | Merci.

I think its rather convenient that this news breaks a few weeks after Real lose Benzema. Tin foil hat moment - I see the spanish clubs do this quite often, Destabilize a player before going after him.

I think Mbappe to Madrid is nailed on and no other club stands a chance. Its almost 'written in the stars'. Would be interesting to see if they fork the cash this year or sign him for free next year. 150mn is an awefull lot of money but mbappe might just be worth it.

With Mbappe, the problem is not the fee, it is the wages.

Reports about his current PSG contract have differed slightly but its clearly obscene - at least 150m in annual compensation once the initial signing on fee, annual wages, and annual loyalty bonus are accounted for. By not triggering the 2025 option he is giving up probably 100-120m in comp from wages and the annual loyalty bonus for that year. He's not doing that to go sign for a club like United for 500k per week or even 1m per week.

I think there are only really two clubs in the world that can afford him and they are the same two clubs he has been playing against each other for years - PSG and Real Madrid.

Reports about his current PSG contract have differed slightly but its clearly obscene - at least 150m in annual compensation once the initial signing on fee, annual wages, and annual loyalty bonus are accounted for. By not triggering the 2025 option he is giving up probably 100-120m in comp from wages and the annual loyalty bonus for that year. He's not doing that to go sign for a club like United for 500k per week or even 1m per week.

I think there are only really two clubs in the world that can afford him and they are the same two clubs he has been playing against each other for years - PSG and Real Madrid.
How in the feck are Madrid affording that?

I think Mbappe is inevitable this year and even more so with the departure of Benzema.
Kane is a great striker but he was never first choice and after Hazard's experience I don't think they want to pay that much for players of that age.
If he has two or three years left as president and with the new Bernabeu so close he will go for the best.
Endrick is very good but when he arrives he might be like Vini his first year. He may need years to establish himself.

There are to many variables to use term inevitable. First Qatar needs to be willing to sell. Which i doubt they will be. And if, fee will be substantial. Secondly, Mbappe needs to agree to RM`s terms and given his financial package at QSG, that will be highly demanding. Expensive as frack, time consuming and crucially given the shit he and his mommy pull on regular basis - a massive potential headache which would make CR7 antics appear as a cupcake in comparison.

I don`t see Kane as new Hazard. Totally different character. Plus if Flo manages to achieve 80+variables, then we should pull the trigger.

Or maybe : Vini - Kane - Mbappe? :devil:

In all seriousness, this is all incredibly lame.

The guy did a big media event, at the stadium, holding a t--shirt that said MBAPPE 2025. Then he and PSG did a PR campaign and multiple interviews where they talked about a three-year contract.

For him to, one year later, be like "actually it's a 2+1 contract and I'm already telling you after 1 year that I'm not renewing" is such a shitty move.

Sure but how does signing one player on over a million pound a week help?

For all the hype around Mbappe he's never had to play in a league as tough as England. It would be a far bigger gamble than people think. He's not some dead cert to winning the league again.

Everything has gone up in the business of football- just as transfer fees and wages have gone up, so has income and additional revenue streams, whether legit or otherwise to pump the P&L (lest not forget debt too). That said, it’s today’s business climate. The way to stay among the top 5-7 clubs in the world you have to ”invest”. I’m not advocating for this strategy though, but we did back ourselves into a position of weakness by making real poor to terrible decisions.

Until something is really done to circumvent and control how much clubs can really spend through the application of a hard cap like the NFL or NBA, the Citys of the football world will rule the competition. Not only have they invested lavishly, but also sold with great returns. What makes them different is they have done it in systematic fashion and with the right people and personnel.

In short, Mbappe’s wages in and on themselves are not the problem. The problem is the cavalcade of expensive trash we’ve accumulated that has provided little return, and thus precluding us from closing in the top tier.

They haven’t spent a lot of money recently and have been rather successful in the past 5 years. They definitely have the money.
They’ve spent over 200m on midfielders over the last two summers alone!
I just think that numbers crazy. You only get that in England outside of PSG imo.some books will be cooked somewhere

They’ve spent over 200m on midfielders over the last two summers alone!

Net spent last summer was negative because, although Tchouameni was expensive, Casemiro was sold for a huge fee, and then some random players were sold for small amounts (3-10m).

The previous summer it was also negative because Camavinga cost 30m, whereas Varane and Odegaard were both sold for comparable fees.

The summer after that, it was something like -100m (from selling people who weren't really in the squad).

This year it's a bit tricky since there is nobody to sell.

Mbappe absolutely mugging off Qatar.

The guy did a big media event, at the stadium, holding a t--shirt that said MBAPPE 2025. Then he and PSG did a PR campaign and multiple interviews where they talked about a three-year contract.

For him to, one year later, be like "actually it's a 2+1 contract and I'm already telling you after 1 year that I'm not renewing" is such a shitty move.

It would have been quite strange if PSG gave him a 2025 but maybe 2024 t-shirt. :lol:

But on a serious note, it was reported as a 2+1 in the papers that I was reading.

https://www.capital.fr/entreprises-...-prolonger-pour-un-montant-titanesque-1435707

From the start it was reported as a 2 year contract with the option on Mbappe's end for a third year.

From the start it was reported as a 2 year contract with the option on Mbappe's end for a third year.

I don't speak French so I can't speak of what was reported there. But from what I know, the reports that it was a 2+1 came in September, long after the renewal. This is the first source I know that reported this, in L'Equipe. From that article it spread to Spain.

Then there is Mbappe 2025 t-shirt, PSG announcing " that Kylian Mbappé has signed a three-year contract extension with the Club. The France international striker has put pen to paper on a new deal with the Parisians until 30 June 2025," and Mbappe telling Mario Cortegana "I have three years on my contract."

I don't speak French so I can't speak of what was reported there. But from what I know, the reports that it was a 2+1 came in September, long after the renewal. This is the first source I know that reported this, in L'Equipe. From that article it spread to Spain.

Then there is Mbappe 2025 t-shirt, PSG announcing " that Kylian Mbappé has signed a three-year contract extension with the Club. The France international striker has put pen to paper on a new deal with the Parisians until 30 June 2025," and Mbappe telling Mario Cortegana "I have three years on my contract."

i already shared the link but here is what Capital reported on May 5th 2022
cette prolongation de deux ans (et une année en option) serait assortie d'un salaire net annuel de 50 millions d’euros

This prolongation of two years( and another in option) would be linked with a salary of 50m€ net.

That was the day his new deal was announced, and it was reported that it would be 2+1 way earlier. Here's a post of mine from 5th May 2022:

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/kyl...tend-to-file-a-complaint.464909/post-28824779

Unfortunately the tweet has since been deleted but think it was same source that JPRouve mentioned.

Granted, it wasn't as definitive as I remembered but there were reports then.

Little doubt his wages are obscene....but are they as obscene as the fact SAncho and DeGea combined are getting pretty much 70% of those wages pretty much between them. Two players linke dwith moves, a reasonable fee for Sancho and DeGea moved on pays his wages and the recent form of DeGea and Sanchos lack of performances since he has been here....not a lot to weigh up there, pretty much opposite of two for the price of one

If you sign M'bappé you let Rashford go (he is 2 years older), that's the point.
Kane needs to play with M'bappé, it's nonesense to compare the two.
Why would we do that? Rashford is Manchester United through and through.

Mbappe is that slightly hotter girl you think you can make happy and marry but she’ll run off with a Spanish waiter on holiday and leave you the bill for child support each month.

That was the day his new deal was announced, and it was reported that it would be 2+1 way earlier. Here's a post of mine from 5th May 2022:

"Could be", "still unclear." Can't say this is the most robust reporting I've ever seen.

He seems to love the drama. “I’m leaving everyone! Ooh care, someone!”

Anyway the point isn't whether some outlet here and there mentioned it. The point is both PSG and Mbappe clearly conveyed to the public that it was a three-year renewal.

PSG said "The France international striker has put pen to paper on a new deal with the Parisians until 30 June 2025."

That is not 'misleading' or 'technically true', it's just false.

Do not want he‘s a complete drama queen

What does he want in his contract this time? Say on team selection? In charge of transfers?

No thanks

Anyway the point isn't whether some outlet here and there mentioned it. The point is both PSG and Mbappe clearly conveyed to the public that it was a three-year renewal.

PSG said "The France international striker has put pen to paper on a new deal with the Parisians until 30 June 2025."

That is not 'misleading' or 'technically true', it's just false.

I agree with your point the PR was purposely false, likely because a three year extension made PSG look better.

How in the feck are Madrid affording that?

They might not pay him quite as much but they have over 700m euro in revenue, are used to paying a star like Ronaldo something like 60m per year, and are about to complete the very costly Bernabeu renovation. If anybody other than PSG can afford Mbappe, its them.

I don't know what the figures were but they clearly had worked out a contract with him the last go around, only for him to have his head turned at the last minute by the obscene offer from PSG. So I think something is doable for Real Madrid, maybe not as high as his current wage but stratospheric compared to anybody else.

Didn't Mbappe only post today that he's staying at PSG and the posts were nonsense ??
Yes. He posted this:

LIES… ❌
I have already said that I will continue next season at PSG where I am very happy.

In answer to a Paris newspaper posting this:
PSG: Kylian Mbappé wants to join Real this summer

It would seem he wants to stay there next season and wait & see regarding his future, while PSG wants him to decide now wether he is taking the third year (optional in his contract) or if he is not doing that, they’d rather sell him now…

Little doubt his wages are obscene....but are they as obscene as the fact SAncho and DeGea combined are getting pretty much 70% of those wages pretty much between them. Two players linke dwith moves, a reasonable fee for Sancho and DeGea moved on pays his wages and the recent form of DeGea and Sanchos lack of performances since he has been here....not a lot to weigh up there, pretty much opposite of two for the price of one

Our two highest paid players are getting less than 50% of his salary? What do you think happens to other salaries if we offer him, conservatively, £700k pw?

We’re going to need Jassim and we’re going to need to do a City on our finances. Then in a years time we can be 115 charges FC.

Great player and a good footballing wet dream, but this shouldn’t be anywhere near an actual consideration for us unless he comes in within our existing wage structure. He’s good but he’s not good enough to risk exploding the club for.

He’d be a perfect example of the kind of mercenary we said we’d not sign moving forward. Here for the payday and his own rep, not for the shirt, the club or the plan. He’d then be off on his toes in a couple of years, and probably on a free as a final feck you to our FFP situation.

Yeah how many years ago did he first get linked
They haven’t spent a lot of money recently and have been rather successful in the past 5 years. They definitely have the money.

They definitely have spent a lot of money. If PSG don't demand the whole 150m up front though they can probably afford him over something like 5 years.

Yes. He posted this:

LIES… ❌
I have already said that I will continue next season at PSG where I am very happy.

In answer to a Paris newspaper posting this:
PSG: Kylian Mbappé wants to join Real this summer

It would seem he wants to stay there next season and wait & see regarding his future, while PSG wants him to decide now wether he is taking the third year (optional in his contract) or if he is not doing that, they’d rather sell him now…

He already told PSG what he intends to do, that's the entire story. He sent a letter to PSG informing them that he won't trigger the option.

He already told PSG what he intends to do, that's the entire story. He sent a letter to PSG informing them that he won't trigger the option.

So basically he's happy to stay for next season but he won't be triggering the option so PSG are thinking of cashing in now.

If we are taken over by Qatar then it's a no brainer as the funds are just moving one Qatar account A to Qatar account B surely :lol:

There are to many variables to use term inevitable. First Qatar needs to be willing to sell. Which i doubt they will be. And if, fee will be substantial. Secondly, Mbappe needs to agree to RM`s terms and given his financial package at QSG, that will be highly demanding. Expensive as frack, time consuming and crucially given the shit he and his mommy pull on regular basis - a massive potential headache which would make CR7 antics appear as a cupcake in comparison.

I don`t see Kane as new Hazard. Totally different character. Plus if Flo manages to achieve 80+variables, then we should pull the trigger.

Or maybe : Vini - Kane - Mbappe? :devil:
It is clear that Mbappe will have to do his part. First by accepting that Madrid do not pay in the same way and apologising or publicly showing his desire to play for Madrid.
This time it is not the Madrid press that is putting out the information. I was fed up with the "next year", so I would have planned ahead, but this time it seems to be all coming together.
About his character, yes, you may be right. We'll have to manage the jealousy of Vini, Mbappe and Rodrygo.

So basically he's happy to stay for next season but he won't be triggering the option so PSG are thinking of cashing in now.

If we are taken over by Qatar then it's a no brainer as the funds are just moving one Qatar account A to Qatar account B surely :lol:
Yeah, he would actually get a pay rise with us as well and probably make up the money he’s losing out on with bonuses

Obviously would be an amazing signing purely based on how good he is as a footballer. My main concern would be that his wages would be astronomical and the only way we have any chance of signing Mbappe would be if we went all out for one galactico signing this summer.

We have such a big need for a striker, GK and CM at least that I think as a team we would be better off not getting him.

There is more chance of Frenkie’s girlfriend begging him to move to Man Utd.