Kylian Mbappe | Merci.

Not the first or even second time we are going through this Mbappe saga. Hard to give him the benefit of the doubt. Ultimately I feel that he legitimately loves playing for PSG, in Paris, being the superstar etc. And just like other players, ours too, his entourage seeing an opportunity to get even more now Messi is gone and Neymar most likely gone as well.

And that is perfectly fair tbh, just think Madrid should move on and no longer waste any time. Mbappe loved Ronaldo, don’t think he really gives a shit about RM and we should just focus on other areas. Let this one go, not every player wants RM and that is perfectly fine.

What benefit of doubt, that's the part that I don't get? There is no benefit of doubt or theory to build here, he signed a 2+1 contract and was supposed to opt in or out of the additional year this summer, he sent a letter to PSG that he wouldn't. You are building a theory out of PSG leaking out that he decided to not opt in.

If you wanted to talk about transfer reliability and 'Tier scale' on newspapers and such, El Pais is like the lowest of the low mind.

This is the publication that said we'd try to sign FDJ and Ronald Araujo after being given a 500 million warchest this summer

This report is a complete fabrication and I feel sorry for anyone believing it

The three names being pumped around are Osimhen, Hojlund and Kane. If there were any other decent strikers out there, I’m pretty sure we’d have become aware of them. With us, Chelsea & PSG in the market for a striker.

Kane won’t go to Chelsea (Levy) or PSG (Kane wants PL), which leaves those two fighting for the other two and with larger budgets than us.

Levy will sell to us if he thinks he can make a mug of us. Which we’ll have to accept or we’re going to have to start looking at some left field names, which I’m quite happy with. But it’s conjecture on my part.

On the plus side, at least Madrid are likely off the table for Kane.

Except we seem happy to pay 100m or whatever the price is for Kane, that’s not the issue. Every report is that Levy is telling us to feck off

Why do we always hear about the same players having contract issues year after year with extensions and renewals? Mbappe, Messi, Neymar, the entire Barca squad. It's all a bit sketchy.

I don't believe this for a second, obviously. But any aspiration ETH has of a pressing game would be in the mud with Rashford and Mbappe in attack. Great player on his day, but a lazy fecker whenever I've seen him.
Take this to the Rashford thread.

In terms of footballing aspect he would be a mega signing for any team.

In terms of economics and politics in the club, I would'nt want him to be there.

This season, he had 70M of salary plus 90M of bonus. Next year he will have another 70M and I think if he stays another year he will have the 70+90 again. He has everything to ruin a club in terms of wages.

And if you give 50M to Mbappe, Rashford and Bruno will ask for 30M.

As good as he is, I don't want him in our dressing room.

Also, he's not brave enough to come here (if we are bought by Qatar) because he wants to go to Madrid and shine there (easier to shine in Madrid than in the PL).

In terms of economics and politics in the club, I would'nt want him to be there.

This season, he had 70M of salary plus 90M of bonus. Next year he will have another 70M and I think if he stays another year he will have the 70+90 again. He has everything to ruin a club in terms of wages.

Also, he's not brave enough to come here (if we are bought by Qatar) because he wants to go to Madrid and shine there (easier to shine in Madrid than in the PL).
I hope the players take every money out of the owners pockets if this came to pass

The only way i support his move to RM is in 2024 for free, with no signing bonus, 50% of image rights, normal wages and his mommy fracking off. Top tier litmus test for Mbappay. If not, good luck elsewhere.

There are other and possibly better options to assemble top tier squad without drama. Kane and top tier RW for example, with Haaland down the line and Endrick being developed.

Are these numbers correct???

I imagine Mbappé falls into the ‘Real Madrid or City’ bracket but, as big as we constantly proclaim we are, he will ‘upset our dressing room’ and someone a bit less good fits with our culture or something.

Anyone who doesn't want Mbappe is a bellend. The guys about as good as it gets and some people on here saying they wouldn't want him have obviously got used to mediocre players like Fred and Sancho.

It's the reason why we haven't won anything because the mentality of this club and its fans are happy to just stroll along with bang average players who they hope might come good, but never do.

Anyone reckon Fergie would have turned down Mbappe had he been offered to him?

Not
A
Chance

Imagine signing Bellingham and am Mbappe in one summer. Cnuts.

shit won't happen until two things occur....we get sold to the Sheik and his bank takes over AND Mbappe says he will leave this summer which by all accounts he wants to wait until summer of 24 to leave Paris.

Anyone who doesn't want Mbappe is a bellend. The guys about as good as it gets and some people on here saying they wouldn't want him have obviously got used to mediocre players like Fred and Sancho.

It's the reason why we haven't won anything because the mentality of this club and its fans are happy to just stroll along with bang average players who they hope might come good, but never do.

Not
A
Chance

Ferguson would have turned down Mbappe on the crazy sort of wages he demands.

He turned down Ronaldinho because he wanted huge wages.

Imagine signing Bellingham and am Mbappe in one summer. Cnuts.

That's where we should be, that's the power we used to have but lost it this past decade.

Well be signing bananas and pears, we'll let Madrid have the apples.. :-)

My 10 year old wanted Mbappe last summer. I said impossible. He said. Nothings impossible. I said if we ever get Mbappe I'll shave my head bald and give you 100......hmmmmmmmmm

The only way i support his move to RM is in 2024 for free, with no signing bonus, 50% of image rights, normal wages and his mommy fracking off. Top tier litmus test for Mbappay. If not, good luck elsewhere.

There are other and possibly better options to assemble top tier squad without drama. Kane and top tier RW for example, with Haaland down the line and Endrick being developed.
I think Mbappe is inevitable this year and even more so with the departure of Benzema.
Kane is a great striker but he was never first choice and after Hazard's experience I don't think they want to pay that much for players of that age.
If he has two or three years left as president and with the new Bernabeu so close he will go for the best.
Endrick is very good but when he arrives he might be like Vini his first year. He may need years to establish himself.

He simply isn't worth the transfer fee or wages. Prima donna that also takes Rashford out of the starting 11 and his salary will cause such an issue amongst the squad. We already have an inflated wage structure due to Pogba and Sanchez. The transfer doesn't make any sense other than the Qatar link. My guess is he will go Real Madrid.

What benefit of doubt, that's the part that I don't get? There is no benefit of doubt or theory to build here, he signed a 2+1 contract and was supposed to opt in or out of the additional year this summer, he sent a letter to PSG that he wouldn't. You are building a theory out of PSG leaking out that he decided to not opt in.

Admittedly I might not be fair to him. But just can’t help but feel it will once again end in a contract extension (which I’m kinda for). Just dont want Perez to chase a dream and miss out on signings we actually need.

He simply isn't worth the transfer fee or wages. Prima donna that also takes Rashford out of the starting 11 and his salary will cause such an issue amongst the squad. We already have an inflated wage structure due to Pogba and Sanchez. The transfer doesn't make any sense other than the Qatar link. My guess is he will go Real Madrid.
haha...no chance he takes Rashy out of the starting XI. They'd play in the front 3 together with Rashy either at CF or RW if Mbappe was brought in to play the left side and not CF

Football economics have changed quite substantially in the last 7-10 years. It’s an arms race, which I may add- we either keep up with, or get left behind.

Sure but how does signing one player on over a million pound a week help?

For all the hype around Mbappe he's never had to play in a league as tough as England. It would be a far bigger gamble than people think. He's not some dead cert to winning the league again.

My 10 year old wanted Mbappe last summer. I said impossible. He said. Nothings impossible. I said if we ever get Mbappe I'll shave my head bald and give you 100......hmmmmmmmmm

Hell I will shave my head and give him 100 if it happens :D

Ferguson would have turned down Mbappe on the crazy sort of wages he demands.

He turned down Ronaldinho because he wanted huge wages.
I thought Fergie was well up for Ronaldinho, but Kenyon fecked that up for us by low balling PSG at the last minute. I remember quotes from Ronaldinho at the time saying he was joining United, so the deal must’ve got close.

haha...no chance he takes Rashy out of the starting XI. They'd play in the front 3 together with Rashy either at CF or RW if Mbappe was brought in to play the left side and not CF

Rashford's position is LW and has been for sometime now, same as Mbappe. If Rashford was so good at CF why are we still trying to buy a number 9? Rashford has proved he doesn't get the goals at CF. He doesn't have the positioning to score taps in or the composure to score 1v1 regularly.

Harry Kane fan boys arguing Kane is a better signing than Mbappe.

Mental:wenger:

€200M for a player that can negotiate with anyone he wants in January? That doesn't sound very plausible. Nor do we have that kind of money. They could of course be doing some trickery where they sell M'bappe for €200M and then buy some of our players for €200M. But that would surely get someone looking into these transfers for suspicion of trickery?

€200M for a player that can negotiate with anyone he wants in January? That doesn't sound very plausible. Nor do we have that kind of money. They could of course be doing some trickery where they sell M'bappe for €200M and then buy some of our players for €200M. But that would surely get someone looking into these transfers for suspicion of trickery?
Levy is trying to squeeze over 100m (pounds) out of clubs for a much older Kane playing at a much less 'flush' Spurs and with a similar contract status (and whist I don't think there's That much between them in terms of outputs and 'ability'- Mbappe is just more an Henry, Kane a Shearer with Sheringham/playmaking 10 characteristics - that's a minority opinion on here).

I'd say the only way we get KM is (a) a Qatari take over and (b) by paying minimum 100m and then also finding players PSG are actually interested in (apart from Rashford) and offering them in part-exchange to make up the remaining 60-70m minimum.

Sure but how does signing one player on over a million pound a week help?

For all the hype around Mbappe he's never had to play in a league as tough as England. It would be a far bigger gamble than people think. He's not some dead cert to winning the league again.
He's scored hatricks in world cup finals.. I'm sure a wet Tuesday night in stoke won't bother him.

Not
A
Chance
He would've said there's no value in the transfer market and signed someone from his local Sunday league team for £5m instead. The signing would flop, but he'd still win the league because Giggs would still be going strong at 50 and Scholes would come our of retirement for the 10th time to give us a post Xmas boost and get us over the line.

The signing doesn't really make sense for us even though he'd obviously be a massive upgrade, we already have too many players who are used primarily on the left and none of them are that comfortable in the middle. I guess Rashford could play there, but his hold up play isn't the greatest. Rashford is our best academy product for a long time and it would be a real shame to let him go to make space for a galactico style signing. United have already been having a bit of an identity crisis since Fergie left, but getting rid of our best homegrown player is just heading further in the wrong direction. At that point we'd be no different to City apart from having a richer history.