Kylian Mbappe | Merci.

While some here think Rashford is about Mbappe level.. how is it for Real Madrid? They actually do have a left wing player that could argue to be on the same or even better than Mbappe.

I cannot speak for every fan but I personally think Mbappe is the best player in the world and if he signs for Madrid that position problem will have a nice one to have.

Being creative is not just assists though. Also the way their teams play are so different, PSG and France basically build around Mbappe, and that was never true of Villa.

Neither PSG nor France are built around Mbappé, I don't get why people say these things that are just wrong. But lets say that they are what makes Villa a more creative player? What was he creating, he has less key passes per games and less passes per games, on top of not being close in terms of assists. The only time Villa was close is between 10-12 which is why I mentioned that period but even then Mbappé is more prolific.

I cannot speak for every fan but I personally think Mbappe is the best player in the world and if he signs for Madrid that position problem will have a nice one to have.

There are worse problems than having to pick between Vini Jr and Mbappe yes :lol:

If he wants Madrid and Madrid want him then that leaves the door open for Kane to join us.

[

Not on his own he wouldn’t. Bayern clowned him in the champions league this season because that PSG side was fractured.

I’d honestly be going for a player like Vinicius JR or Kvaratskhelia together with Kane if we wanted to make this team the best side in the world the next few years.

Kane is just as good as Mbappe right now as a footballer.

We have Rashford so getting a player who does the same stuff even if it’s better is kinda pointless to me on those wages if Marcus stays fit.
:lol: :lol:
what?

If he wants Madrid and Madrid want him then that leaves the door open for Kane to join us.
We are Kane's priority choice regardless. Unfortunately Levy thinks he has a real shot at CL football of Kane stays which is worth a lot of money to them and he feels it's worth more than any realistic fee they would get for him.

Mbappe is phenomenal and no club would turn him down....but....in terms of what we need to fix right now, I'd say we'd improve more for signing Kane.

We have Rashford and Garnacho already on the left (+ Sancho). Rashford and Sancho have struggled when asked to play elsewhere and based on Garnacho's style, he looks a pure AML.

So again, you're never going to turn down Mbappe if available but it would still leave us needing a CF and we'd severely limit Rashford and Garnacho's playing time.

However...with the consistent Rashford to PSG links down the years...would there be any mileage in a Rashford + cash offer? I know it would never happen since he's our academy poster boy, but it makes sense on a cold, hard, unemotional level

Real Madrid seems like the only realistic destination for Mbappe. Mbappe to Real and Rashford to PSG to replace him?
I obviously prefer Rashford to stay, but theres seemingly no news about a new contract so our hands could be tied and we might have to sell this summer (Rashford has been linked with PSG numerous times).

If Mbappe proved he could play through the middle yes I would take him. I’d prefer Kane through the middle though and with Rashford and Garnacho we don’t need Mbappe.

All three are too similar. All very direct and don’t create a whole lot in the assist department.

The point is we don’t need to buy a like for like spending 200m and god knows what on wages.

My point on Kvaratskhelia you can dominate football games with players like him. He has a skillset built of pressing and playing smart in tight areas.

That’s a style I’d like to see personally as he could be the player Sancho should have been.

If you sign M'bappé you let Rashford go (he is 2 years older), that's the point.
Kane needs to play with M'bappé, it's nonesense to compare the two.

I think any talk of Rashford being on the same level as Mbappe is a little premature. Rashford is a superb player, superb and I cannot waiit to see him when he has a couple of top forwards to play alongside him, and take the pressure off him. I would suggest that Rashford is definitely better in the air as he started attacking the ball and scoring headers (as he should, given his build, power..), and maybe long-range shooting. Everything else, which is like 95% of the game, Mbappe is some way ahead.

Theres not a hope in hell Mbappe will ever join us. None whatsoever.

This is all just fantasy football muppetry.

The only upside if he joins Madrid is that there's less chance City will beat them next year in the CL.

[

Not on his own he wouldn’t. Bayern clowned him in the champions league this season because that PSG side was fractured.

I’d honestly be going for a player like Vinicius JR or Kvaratskhelia together with Kane if we wanted to make this team the best side in the world the next few years.

Kane is just as good as Mbappe right now as a footballer.

We have Rashford so getting a player who does the same stuff even if it’s better is kinda pointless to me on those wages if Marcus stays fit.
I am huge fan of Kane and i think that Kane is best no9 in the world. Level above Osimhen, Lewa or whoever.
But Mbappe is THE best football player in the world right now. And will be for years probably.

It also means that some big Madrid names might hit the market sooner rather than later. I have no doubt they have the cash/credit to pay PSG, but they always balance the books with sales afterwards.

I'm still far from convinced that PSG would sell to Madrid of all clubs. UNLESS, the Qataris are sure of the United purchase and are already in their minds transitioning to using us as their PR flagship.

How we could make it work:

In Possession:
OIo5gui.png

Out of Possession:
3QrCJSE.png

Positives:
  • Neither Rashford nor Mbappe are great going backwards, which makes them unsuitable for the left-wing in a positional play setup. Neither is great at occupying centre-backs but this way they'd share the load, with the freedom to drop and collect the ball from midfield. No team would dare go one-vs-one so would always leave either the DM or one of the full-backs back, leaving us with one more body in midfield defensively, and an extra one in deep build-up. In possession Mbappe and Rashford would take turns occupying the centre, or even leave it all together for a darting run from Mount/Bruno/Rabiot.
  • Mount and Bruno are hard-workers and would make us much more solid defensively, they would provide plenty of support to the full-backs. Mount is especially good at working the left half-space in possession , so his signing would make a lot of sense.
  • Shaw inverting suits him, he's not a great overlapper but has all the skillset for an effective DLP.
  • Wan-Bissaka staying back a la Walker is a good fit for his best assets
Negatives:

• Will lack width on the right.
  • Garnacho and Anthony would need to adapt their games.
you know you can never get the 20 mins it took you to do this back. thats gone now

Stylistically I understand to an extent but to ignore the vast different in quality is silly. You don’t refuse Mbappe who is all set to be standout player of his generation.

You’d refuse to sign Haaland if you had Hojlund?

I’m all for us being more about the system but Mbappe is the sort of player that is beyond systems.
No. I didnt say or insinuate that! I just said you can compare similar players in position whilst recognizing one is obviously better than the other.

you know you can never get the 20 mins it took you to do this back. thats gone now

It took less than 5, though that's still probably 3 too many. It's not happening unless there are some Qatari shenanigans going on. A supporter can dream though.

So Vinicius and Mbappe will fight for that left attacking position at Real, nice.
Maybe we should throw a tester for Vinicius to Real instead

PR war waging, it's gonna get ugly.

To be fair it's true that he said it. LeParisien is full of it here because yesterday's article clearly came from PSG, they didn't have to tell everyone that Mbappé sent them a letter and the idea of selling was mentioned from the POV of PSG who didn't want to lose him for nothing. Less than 24 hours later, they flip their headline and claim that it's all Mbappé.

We are Kane's priority choice regardless. Unfortunately Levy thinks he has a real shot at CL football of Kane stays which is worth a lot of money to them and he feels it's worth more than any realistic fee they would get for him.
And then they have an unhappy player and one who goes for free next season.

Kane is a better all round footballer. Apart from pace obviously.

Kane is ridiculously good in a limited spurs team considering. Mbappe wouldn’t be an upgrade for spurs over Kane as it stands.

What I like about Kane over Haaland and Mbappe is he doesn’t go missing in games half as much. He has a better skillset overall.

Imagine if he played for Man City? Assist and goals.

Bit early to be hitting the crack pipe don’t you think?

There we go. Just needs a bigger paycheck.

For the love of God someone slap Perez.

I don't really get that one. Where the paycheck part comes from?

Mbappe would be a perfect fit for the Premier league. Very similar stylistically to Henry and Cristiano. IF we'd get him, would be a real weapon and improve us. But he would not be the "be all end all" since our midfield and no 9 positions also need upgrading for us to win the big trophies. Getting him would be one giant step for sure and help attract other good players too.

Last edited:
Apparently Chelsea is also in the hunt. Not sure how that would pass through FFP but then again, that does not seem to be a real issue ever.

To be fair it's true that he said it. LeParisien is full of it here because yesterday's article clearly came from PSG, they didn't have to tell everyone that Mbappé sent them a letter and the idea of selling was mentioned from the POV of PSG who didn't want to lose him for nothing. Less than 24 hours later, they flip their headline and claim that it's all Mbappé.
I tend to side with the player on these sort of things, because clubs only ever let specific stuff out like that to suit them.

It's a shame if it ends acremoniously between them.

No-one is signing him, PSG will demand a world record transfer. The whole "Well you'll end up losing him for free" thing doesnt concern Qatar at all, in fact it could be seen as a powerplay from them i.e. "we have so much money, we could afford to lose the worlds most valuable footballer for free"

Real Madrid seems like the only realistic destination for Mbappe. Mbappe to Real and Rashford to PSG to replace him?
I obviously prefer Rashford to stay, but theres seemingly no news about a new contract so our hands could be tied and we might have to sell this summer (Rashford has been linked with PSG numerous times).
Maybe we could try to get Vinicius Junior from Real to complete the cycle. No way they could play Mbappe and Vini together, they are too similar.

Maybe we could try to get Vinicius Junior from Real to complete the cycle. No way they could play Mbappe and Vini together, they are too similar.
Wouldn't mind getting Vinicius as a replacement if Rashford does leave. However, I imagine that Vincius will demand an increase on his £345k p.w salary so then I think it's more likely that we just cave and offer Rashford 'whatever he demands' to stay.

Mbappe is phenomenal and no club would turn him down....but....in terms of what we need to fix right now, I'd say we'd improve more for signing Kane.

We have Rashford and Garnacho already on the left (+ Sancho). Rashford and Sancho have struggled when asked to play elsewhere and based on Garnacho's style, he looks a pure AML.

So again, you're never going to turn down Mbappe if available but it would still leave us needing a CF and we'd severely limit Rashford and Garnacho's playing time.

However...with the consistent Rashford to PSG links down the years...would there be any mileage in a Rashford + cash offer? I know it would never happen since he's our academy poster boy, but it makes sense on a cold, hard, unemotional level
Makes sense on absolutely every level given Mbappe is just miles and miles better the footballer.