Kylian Mbappé | Real Madrid watch

Outshone by Oli McBurnie.

Looks like he'll have to go and learn some more from Master Splinter.

If he fails at Real his next fav team is Liverpool. I hope he smashes it in Spain

Nar, he’d be hated on like Rashford in our system. He can come to us once we a well oiled unit again :)
There’s a difference between criticizing a player(with first team role and monumental wages) who has done nothing since Cup final in January 2023 and hating the player.

What a dump of a debut and it happened again. 2 matches and counting. All high profile signings mostly score on their debut especially if it’s at home. Surely in the next match? Nope. Hope it continues. Would be fun.

There’s a difference between criticizing a player(with first team role and monumental wages) who has done nothing since Cup final in January 2023 and hating the player.

Absolutely, but hating on and hating aren’t the same thing.

Hating someone is a emotion. Hating on someone is speaking badly of someone, or going on about why someone hates someone else. Essentially action, or a verb.

when you dance with the farmers for too long, it is hard to dance with slightly better farmers.
Elite farmers. Sociedad, Villareal, Bilbao would beat their similar ranked counterparts from other European leagues including the PL.

Elite farmers. Sociedad, Villareal, Bilbao would beat their similar ranked counterparts from other European leagues including the PL.
i can’t name a single game where spain would come out on top against england.

He's just not the player Real thought they were chasing for years. They've made a mistake here.

He's not having a good start and it's very early to judge him. That being said we shouldn't had bought him after the first time he rejected us, we didn't need him last season and there were other areas we could had improved. He's here anyway so hope it's only him adapting to the team but we should be winning comfortably against Las Palmas ffs!

Literally got knocked out of Europe last season 5-3 by Marseille.

At least they've won a trophy in Europe in the last 25 years or so.

French teams for whatever reason, are absolutely tragic in Europe. They even had a team fail to reach the group stages of one of the lesser European competitions tonight.

i can’t name a single game where spain would come out on top against england.
Spain are the most successful in both the CL and EL/Uefa Cup i think. They also win at having the best weather.

Last edited:
I think he'll come good eventually but won't be the elite player they want him to be. The Madrid bunch aren't known for their patience though, so it might get ugly quickly.

He'll come good imo, but Modric shouldn't be anywhere near the starting XI and Ancelotti should go back to his system from last season once Bellingham returns.

Vini's having a poor start to the season too.

He'll come good imo, but Modric shouldn't be anywhere near the starting XI and Ancelotti should go back to his system from last season once Bellingham returns.

Vini's having a poor start to the season too.
what should the starting 11 be?

what should the starting 11 be?

I don't know when Camavinga is due back

But I'd do this

Mbappe-Vini
Jude
Camavinga-Tchouameni-Valverde
Mendy/Alaba-Rudiger-Militao-Carvajal
Courtois

When they defend, they defend in a 442 shape with Jude slotting into midfield. Mbappe-Vini don't need to cover the wide channels to conserve more energy.

Even in attack, I think they could copy what they did vs City at the Etihad and use a left slanted attack with Vini/Mbappe alternating between the left half-space and left channel. But it's obviously easier said than done. Mbappe and Vini both operate in similar areas, so they'll have to adjust and acclimate to each other.

I don't know when Camavinga is due back

But I'd do this

Mbappe-Vini
Jude
Camavinga-Tchouameni-Valverde
Mendy/Alaba-Rudiger-Militao-Carvajal
Courtois

When they defend, they defend in a 442 shape with Jude slotting into midfield. Mbappe-Vini don't need to cover the wide channels to conserve more energy.

Even in attack, I think they could copy what they did vs City at the Etihad and use a left slanted attack with Vini/Mbappe alternating between the left half-space and left channel. But it's obviously easier said than done. Mbappe and Vini both operate in similar areas, so they'll have to adjust and acclimate to each other.

This fits right into my dream of binning Rashford off and getting a blockbuster deal for Rodrygo done next summer.

Ancelotti sacked before season end is surely a decent shout?
Not Carlo's fault that Kroos retired and Modric is 60 yet RM didn't sign the necessary replacements. They need an Enzo or Joao Neves (or Vitinha, Ruiz....PSG hoovering up technical passers as if they'll turn into prime Barca :rolleyes:).

Mbappe needs to start scoring to justify him starting over Endrick.

Madrid really needs a RW. If they're nice enough we could give them Anthony.
No he already left the club after his contract ended. Plus, he's more of a CF with some mileage at LW.

Not Carlo's fault that Kroos retired and Modric is 60 yet RM didn't sign the necessary replacements. They need an Enzo or Joao Neves (or Vitinha, Ruiz....PSG hoovering up technical passers as if they'll turn into prime Barca :rolleyes:).

Mbappe needs to start scoring to justify him starting over Endrick.

Well, with Tchouameni, Camavinga, Valverde, Bellingham they already kind of did beforehand, adding in Ceballos, Guler and to a lesser extent Brahim and Alaba, too. Think the biggest problem with them, though, is that none of them makes play like Kroos and Modric (did). So, either they grow into their new playstyle, design another new one that suits the squad better, hope one of them becomes a real passing leader, or do raise or get a new one that is closer to that mould. But it's also the start to their season, some injuries at crucial positions don't help. It's actually one of the midfields that shows a lot of promise and possibilities, just less of it in a Kroos-Modric style, but having one of those at their levels - let alone two - is pretty rare, it seems.

I think it would be better for Ancelotti to focus on what they have and get them playing in a way that won't be the forwards running to Kroos passes, midfielders relying on Modric. The former won't happen anymore, the latter will less and less, especially less reliably so. Because these new players are still really good, especially the first four options should be able to form a solid midfield 2, 3 or 4, in my opinion. It will need some time, though. Bellingham is moving back from basically a false9/10 position, Valverde is still maturing from the rusher who played RW for a while for a reason and Tchou and Camavinga are young (and injured).

Last edited:

Will likely be nowhere near the Ballon d'Or this year again, but some say he has the ability/potential to reach or even surpass Messi/Ronaldo... hmmmm.

Will likely be nowhere near the Ballon d'Or this year again, but some say he has the ability/potential to reach or even surpass Messi/Ronaldo... hmmmm.

Mbappe is a good player but he is nowhere near the level of Ronaldo/Messi. I think Haaland is a better player and he's nowhere near their level. Having said that, I don't think any current player is near the levels Ronaldo/Messi were at during their prime.

Seeing as both he and Vinicius share the same position on the pitch, LW,
What is Real's plan with this?

Who plays in the middle, if at all?

Well, with Tchouameni, Camavinga, Valverde, Bellingham they already kind of did beforehand, adding in Ceballos, Guler and to a lesser extent Brahim and Alaba, too. Think the biggest problem with them, though, is that none of them makes play like Kroos and
Modric (did).
What they need is a deep lying playmaker and what they have are DMs (a Saudi league midfielder outperformed RM's 2 French DMs at Euro 2024; they're young but clumsier and less dynamic than a 33yo Kante) and B2Bs (Bellingham and Valverde).... Guler has potential given his pinpoint set piece deliveries but he's too inexperienced to control the midfield like a regista.

Last season it was already impressive Carlo did the double despite injuries to Militao, Courtois, Alaba and no striker; their midfield and fullbacks were all solidly defensive-minded to paper over the cracks e.g. Jude who was used as a ballwinning defensive #10 given freedom to roam in attack transitions. This season they lost Kroo's playmaking yet also field 1 less MF so it's no surprise their midfield will get overrun especially if Jude can't stay fit and offer a physical presence.

Mbappe is a good player but he is nowhere near the level of Ronaldo/Messi. I think Haaland is a better player and he's nowhere near their level. Having said that, I don't think any current player is near the levels Ronaldo/Messi were at during their prime.

This. For these players to even be mentioned as near their level is an insult.

I never said Messi.

But if he keeps this up, I'll retract what I said. It's only 3 games though.

I don't think he works as a lone striker, he needs a Benzema or Rooney like Ronaldo.

Mbappe is a good player but he is nowhere near the level of Ronaldo/Messi. I think Haaland is a better player and he's nowhere near their level.
Let's see Haaland can get Norway to a Euro or WC with Odegaard's help, even Iceland did it. Mbappe gets stick but he's been talismanic at 2 WCs and scored a hattrick in a final. Not saying Haaland can't but it'll be when City play lower league minnows in a Mickey Mouse final

Mbappe will be fine long term but I think there will be a transitional period for the team. I also can see him losing desire early on as he already seems to have started on that path.

In the game before last he was switched to the left. He was put through and I was expecting him to curl it far side but instead he lazily toe poked it a good 10 yards wide.

I don’t think he’s got the mentality to be one of the best but he does have the PR to be in the conversation.