Kylian Mbappé | Real Madrid watch

Are some people genuinely trying to claim Mbappe is better than Ronaldo at the same age? :lol::lol:

Do these people also think Lee Cattermole was better than Busquets?

Mbappe will likely break loads of WC records and presuming his PSG form continues at Real(with trophies)with good longevity, he will easily break into the top 10 attackers of all-time.

Easily? He can accomplish it if he improved further but I doubt he'll pull that off. In his own generation, there were Messi, Cristiano and Neymar who were clearly better than him at the same age. And then you have Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Maradona, Cruyff, Zico, Best, Garrincha, Pelé, Puskas and di Stefano who were all attackers. Depending on your definition of attacker, Zidane, Platini and Iniesta as well. As of now, I'd say he is in the Robben, Suarez, Lewandowski, Hazard, de Bruyne, Salah, etc. tier.

Especially considering that the 22 "world cup" was a penalty-party, i'm sick of hearing about his "legendary" hatrick in the final.

Why is did you put the World Cup in quotations there? :lol: You do realize that it was , in fact, a world cup, don't you?

If you've watched the game, he hardly did.

Could have had a penalty, had two or three clear shots on goal that could be goals on another day.
People criticize Rashford and Ganarcho on here exactly because they miss chances like that.

Kylian Mbappé counterattacks to recover nearly 55 million euros unpaid by PSG

According to information from "Le Monde", the Real Madrid player, who is claiming the sum from his former club, whose main shareholder is Qatar Sports Investments, has contacted the legal committee of the LFP, as well as UEFA, through the French Football Federation.
https://www.lemonde.fr/societe/arti...-sommes-impayees-par-le-psg_6287200_3224.html

Can't shed a tear for Nasser here, no matter how pandering and contradictory Mbappé was over the years.

Hid wc record is quite deceiving, wasn't their most importantly or even second important player during their successful run and was pretty close to being a passenger in 2022 before the final.

No one considers klose to be one of the best of all time.
Miroslav Klose (retired) career goals - 329

Kylian Mbappe (age 25) career goals - 336

Completely different eras and leagues.
It's nothing to do with eras or leagues. Mbappe is trending towards being an all time great, Klose was not. So there is no point in trying to discredit what Mbappe has done in the World Cup, which is remarkable (only teenager to score in the final besides Pele, only player to score a hattrick in the final besides Hurst, broken the record for most goals scored in the final when he is still only 25, already high on the all time scorers list, etc.) by pointing out that Klose also scored a lot of goals in the World Cup (in four tournaments v Mbappe's 2 so far).

The argument that a few less than stellar players scored a lot of goals at the World Cup therefore scoring a lot of goals at the world Cup doesn't matter, is a silly one. It matters and it will always matter.

It's nothing to do with eras or leagues. Mbappe is trending towards being an all time great, Klose was not. So there is no point in trying to discredit what Mbappe has done in the World Cup, which is remarkable (only teenager to score in the final besides Pele, only player to score a hattrick in the final besides Hurst, broken the record for most goals scored in the final when he is still only 25, already high on the all time scorers list, etc.) by pointing out that Klose also scored a lot of goals in the World Cup (in four tournaments v Mbappe's 2 so far).

The argument that a few less than stellar players scored a lot of goals at the World Cup therefore scoring a lot of goals at the world Cup doesn't matter, is a silly one. It matters and it will always matter.
That remains to be seen.

For all his talent and he has it in spades, he's much less well rounded than a lot of his illustrious predecessors, the ones he is and will always be compared to. He's also very reliant on his speed so unless he adapts his game, the peak of his career might turn out to be much shorter than what people expect.

I never did that. His record at the World Cup is great, so that's out of the way, but at a club level the picture is much more sobering. The problem is that he wasted precious years of his career by being pampered at PSG in a very weak league whilst achieving nothing at a European level. We'll see the impact he'll have at Real Madrid.

I was very impressed by him in his teenage years but it's been a bit of a wet cracker since then. Don't get me wrong, he undoubtedly is one of the best players of his generation, but as of right now he's not even in the top 15 discussion when it comes to all times greats, and that's me being very generous.

He'll never belong to the Messi, Maradona and Pelé tier in my opinion, and we'll see if he makes it to the one just below when he'll hang up his boots.

No argument from me here but numbers never tell the whole story.

Last edited:
That remains to be seen.

For all his talent and he has it in spades, he's much less well rounded than a lot of his illustrious predecessors, the ones he is and will always be compared to. He's also very reliant on his speed so unless he adapts his game, the peak of his career might turn out to be much shorter than what people expect.

I never did that. His record at the World Cup is great, so that's out of the way, but at a club level the picture is much more sobering. The problem is that he wasted precious years of his career by being pampered at PSG in a very league and with whom he never achieved anything at European level. We'll see the impact he'll have at Real Madrid.

I was very impressed by him in his teenage years but it's been a bit of a wet cracker since then. Don't get me wrong, he undoubtedly is one of the best players of his generation, but as of right now he's not even in the top 15 discussion when it comes to all times greats, and that's me being very generous.

He'll never belong to the Messi, Maradona and Pelé tier in my opinion, and we'll see if he makes it to the one just below when he'll hang up his boots.

I actually don't disagree with that much you've said here. I do think it's unfair to say he's achieved nothing at European club level. Not winning the trophy is not the same thing.

He's scored 48 goals in 73 games (10th all time already) and at the end of this season (or next season) he's very likely to be more prolific than everyone in European Cup/Champions League history, save 5 players: Cristiano, Messi, Lewandowski, Benzema and Raul. That's pretty good.

He's scored in every big ground in Europe; the Camp Nou, the Bernebeu, the Allianz Arena, Anfield, the Etihad, Old Trafford etc. He's also helped PSG to get further in the competition than they've ever gotten, multiple semi finals and a final, whereas they'd never ever gotten past the quarters before he (and Neymar) joined them.

Winning the European Cup for the first time in a club's history is very, very difficult. Just ask the likes of Man City and Arsenal. Ultimately, he came up just short.

Otherwise, you make some valid points. He probably did stay at PSG too long. He probably will have to develop as a player. We will see what happens at Madrid.

I don't consider corrupt, slave-state world cup, as an actual world cup, no.

Well as long as you don't consider it one, it must mean that it wasn't.

Similarly, an actual Copa America must not have taken place this summer, since it took place on a genocide-state.

What sort of logic is that?

Good old time!

As long as you figured out what team you were trying to select, and what player you were controlling. It was probably the best football game but laden with naming rights issues.

Yeah, he has 12 goals in the world cup at 23 including 4 world cup final goals (Klose doesn't have a single one, ofcourse). He's already doubled Ronaldo Nazario's number of finals goals and Ronaldo is an all time great international player.

Moreover, using goals as a yardstick when it comes to Mbappe is a little harsh since he isn't a pure number 9 waiting in the 6 yard box. He has a lot more to his game than pure strikers.

He's already a great player and it'll be interesting to see what sort of success he has with Real Madrid and whether he can build on his already-steller international career with France.

The 2022 world cup final showed a lot of mental strength. He kept brining France back each time they went behind. Hatrick aside, he nearly scored a 4th in the very last place of the game and created a chance in the 118th (?) minute that just needed a touch and would have resulted in France scoring their 4th goal.

Kylian Mbappé counterattacks to recover nearly 55 million euros unpaid by PSG

According to information from "Le Monde", the Real Madrid player, who is claiming the sum from his former club, whose main shareholder is Qatar Sports Investments, has contacted the legal committee of the LFP, as well as UEFA, through the French Football Federation.
https://www.lemonde.fr/societe/arti...-sommes-impayees-par-le-psg_6287200_3224.html
Much counterattacks such wow. 55 million is nothing for their oily overlords.

That remains to be seen.

I never did that. His record at the World Cup is great, so that's out of the way, but at a club level the picture is much more sobering. The problem is that he wasted precious years of his career by being pampered at PSG in a very weak league whilst achieving nothing at a European level. We'll see the impact he'll have at Real Madrid.

He’s gone to Real Madrid, the team that has by far the best chance of winning the CL. Sport is weird in a way sometimes where if something seems a sure thing then it has a way of not happening but he’s only 25, in 10 years time nobody will really care he didn’t win the CL with PSG if he wins a couple of CLs with Real Madrid as the main player. And you’d have to say that situation is more likely than not.

He will never be as good as Messi Pele Maradona but he could still be a great in a tier below with the likes of Zidane.

As long as you figured out what team you were trying to select, and what player you were controlling. It was probably the best football game but laden with naming rights issues.

Yeah, he has 12 goals in the world cup at 23 including 4 world cup final goals (Klose doesn't have a single one, ofcourse). He's already doubled Ronaldo Nazario's number of finals goals and Ronaldo is an all time great international player.

Moreover, using goals as a yardstick when it comes to Mbappe is a little harsh since he isn't a pure number 9 waiting in the 6 yard box. He has a lot more to his game than pure strikers.

He's already a great player and it'll be interesting to see what sort of success he has with Real Madrid and whether he can build on his already-steller international career with France.

The 2022 world cup final showed a lot of mental strength. He kept brining France back each time they went behind. Hatrick aside, he nearly scored a 4th in the very last place of the game and created a chance in the 118th (?) minute that just needed a touch and would have resulted in France scoring their 4th goal.
Absolutely, people simply don't understand the magnitude of what he did in that game. I know it's one game, but it's the World Cup final, FFS. The biggest and most prestigious game in football by a country mile. He put the team on his back. And for all those bleating about pens, Mbappe has 2 non-pen goals in the WC final (one in 2018 and one in 2022) that are better than virtually any other player's WC final goals that you can think of, with the possible exception of Pele. Better than R9, better than Zidane, etc.

He’s gone to Real Madrid, the team that has by far the best chance of winning the CL. Sport is weird in a way sometimes where if something seems a sure thing then it has a way of not happening but he’s only 25, in 10 years time nobody will really care he didn’t win the CL with PSG if he wins a couple of CLs with Real Madrid as the main player. And you’d have to say that situation is more likely than not.

He will never be as good as Messi Pele Maradona but he could still be a great in a tier below with the likes of Zidane.

It'll be hard for anyone to break into the Messi-Madadona- Pele triumvirate. But being in the same tier as Zidane, Cruyff etc is an enormous success. I don't know whether he'll even do that because doing so would mean he's a top 6-7 player ever (depending on who else you include in that 2nd tier).

Let's see how his career unfolds, but it bodes well for him that's he's been as dominant at the international level (the highest level of international level) as he has at such a young age. If the UCLs follow, I can see him the Zidane bracket.

Absolutely, people simply don't understand the magnitude of what he did in that game. I know it's one game, but it's the World Cup final, FFS. The biggest and most prestigious game in football by a country mile. He put the team on his back. And for all those bleating about pens, Mbappe has 2 non-pen goals in the WC final (one in 2018 and one in 2022) that are better than virtually any other player's WC final goals that you can think of, with the possible exception of Pele. Better than R9, better than Zidane, etc.

I agree, and I'll repeat that it isn't just his goals. He seemed like a man possessed. The entire Argentina defense looked petrified at the end of the game. His dribbling and the danger he possessed can't be reduced to his goals alone.

He's won a world cup golden boot already and performed in the biggest match in world football. Whatever happens from now on, I think he'll retire as an all time great. It's just a matter of where to place him when he retires, and he'll have to maintain his level as he ages.

Can't really argue. Based on just eye test, he's nowhere near as good a player as Messi or Maradona, but they're aliens. Mbappe can be among the best of the humans, if he keeps on going in a similar vein.

Yes officer, this post right here.

Id argue at the same age Mpabbe has achieved more. Especially since Cristianos achievements tend to be measured in goals. Since Cristiano achieved so much I'd still opt for him. But as young players it'd be harder choice.

He's just not the player Real thought they were chasing for years. They've made a mistake here.

He really looks out of sorts at the moment.

He's just not the player Real thought they were chasing for years. They've made a mistake here.

Jep. And we had an entire season to see how he dropped a level or two. Perez was obsessed.

Easier to score shedloads in Ligue 1 than La Liga, everyone knew that.

RM's midfield is also full of DMs like Camavinga Valverde Tchouameni, Bellingham is injured and even as a B2B he'd rank as one of the more creative midfielders at RM otherwise it's Guler or Modric who both aren't in their primes. Mbappe had Fabian Ruiz & Vitinha at PSG he has to adapt and become more creative in Spain.