Kylian Mbappé | Real Madrid watch

I never said Messi.

But if he keeps this up, I'll retract what I said. It's only 3 games though.
Might not be you, someone argued that he could potentially overtake Messi as the GOAT.

Might not be you, someone argued that he could potentially overtake Messi as the GOAT.

Fair enough. I thought you were referring to me.

He is nowhere near Messi's level of talent.

Even at Messi's final PSG season, I don't think Mbappe was that much better than him(if at all).

Fair enough. I thought you were referring to me.

He is nowhere near Messi's level of talent.

Even at Messi's final PSG season, I don't think Mbappe was that much better than him(if at all).
By that, Ronaldo was close to Messi's level (not level of talent, don't want to go there again) for over a decade. Can't see Mbappe coming close, however many goals or CL's he might score/win.

I think we really underappreciated the magic Ronaldo showed at Real Madrid, well I did for years.

20 years ago Henry is still the best PL player we have ever seen. Messi and Ronaldo were tiers even beyond that, it's absurd.

The problem with Mbappe for me is that he is a very good player, however he is a player that has relied (in some part, not entirely) on pace. Pace is also one of the first things to go and can dissappear earlier than expected and suddenly. I am not saying this is an issue now, but it got rear it's head at any point. However, once that starts to go for him, I am not sure he is technical enough to be 'great'.

For me, he'll be 'OK' at Madrid. Whether that satisfies the Madrid fan based however is another matter.

Not Carlo's fault that Kroos retired and Modric is 60 yet RM didn't sign the necessary replacements. They need an Enzo or Joao Neves (or Vitinha, Ruiz....PSG hoovering up technical passers as if they'll turn into prime Barca :rolleyes:).

Mbappe needs to start scoring to justify him starting over Endrick.
After an era of having the best midfield they forget why they were so good...

I don't know when Camavinga is due back

But I'd do this

Mbappe-Vini
Jude
Camavinga-Tchouameni-Valverde
Mendy/Alaba-Rudiger-Militao-Carvajal
Courtois

When they defend, they defend in a 442 shape with Jude slotting into midfield. Mbappe-Vini don't need to cover the wide channels to conserve more energy.

Even in attack, I think they could copy what they did vs City at the Etihad and use a left slanted attack with Vini/Mbappe alternating between the left half-space and left channel. But it's obviously easier said than done. Mbappe and Vini both operate in similar areas, so they'll have to adjust and acclimate to each other.
Did they attack Vs City? I just remember them parking that giant bus.

I would test Real with a 120m bid next summer if we can shift Rashford, to compete with Haaland (who let’s face it makes the difference at City) you are going to need someone exceptional like Liverpool had peak Salah for a few years and why Arsenal can’t win the league.

I would test Real with a 120m bid next summer if we can shift Rashford, to compete with Haaland (who let’s face it makes the difference at City) you are going to need someone exceptional like Liverpool had peak Salah for a few years and why Arsenal can’t win the league.
Not going to happen. When taking his sign on fee into account, he’s on crazy wages.

Mbappe waited years for this move.

He's not leaving. This wouldn't even work in FM.

City were winning leagues before Haaland.

Madrid fans already lowkey turning on Mbappe for affecting the team's overall play

Yeah but you have to put up with a ciarlatano calvo.
What you talking about Carlo has beautifully full head of air. 's why all those other guys keep losing to him. I just revealed the secret of Madrid Inevitability

He is lucky Vini doesn’t care about stat padding or his ego. He could easily be named a flop but thanks to all the penalties he has like 6 goals in 8 games or something.

His overall play is poor and he doesn’t have any chemistry with the team. Looks out of place and so far a waste of money. Doesn’t look good.

He is lucky Vini doesn’t care about stat padding or his ego. He could easily be named a flop but thanks to all the penalties he has like 6 goals in 8 games or something.

His overall play is poor and he doesn’t have any chemistry with the team. Looks out of place and so far a waste of money. Doesn’t look good.
It's madness to sideline a serial winner and big game performer in lieu of an outsider, any outsider. One is a proven commodity that has literally won you the biggest prizes and always stands up to be counted, the other is a gamble until proven otherwise.

This reminds me of when we brought in Berbatov and overcooked the formula trying to make it all work with what was already the best attacking line in England, if not the world. Sure, he'll have his moments, but overall, does the team even need him?

Even Carlo might not be able to make this one work, and that's saying something.

It's madness to sideline a serial winner and big game performer in lieu of an outsider, any outsider. One is a proven commodity that has literally won you the biggest prizes and always stands up to be counted, the other is a gamble until proven otherwise.

This reminds me of when we brought in Berbatov and overcooked the formula trying to make it all work with what was already the best attacking line in England, if not the world. Sure, he'll have his moments, but overall, does the team even need him?

Even Carlo might not be able to make this one work, and that's saying something.

I think he'll figure it out. It'll be a strange, unorthodox but genius solution in full effect during crunch time (CL KO stage).

I think he'll figure it out. It'll be a strange, unorthodox but genius solution in full effect during crunch time (CL KO stage).
At best I think maybe switch back to the 442 with Camavinga in the Kroos role. Not sure if it will work but best he can do really.

But even then: his general play is poor. Bad passing, mediocre shooting, no dribbling. Like what are we paying for here?

Here for it, but as was discussed before Mbappe even got there, all his favourite actions occupy Vinicius' space and running lines, so what happens to Vincius' game then? Even with Mbappe trying to be an orthodox striker, he's still just going to default encroach into his favourite area of the pitch.

He creates more problems than he solves, so it will be one of Ancelotti's greatest feats if he can make it work and benefit each player.

He's playing badly individually. It's not a team issue, he's just failing at fairly basic stuff. He'll get back to his normal level eventually and in a game like yesterday's, finish with at least a hat trick and everything will be fine. Once we get Camavinga back, the only hurdle to clear will be defensive organization. Don't expect effort to be an issue