Kylian Mbappé | Real Madrid watch

World Cup isn't the upper echelon in world football when it comes to measuring performances. Pogba was fantastic in the World Cup, but for United he wasn't particularly great. Amrabat was great for Morocco, as was James Rodriguez, William Carvalho, Golovin, Kleberson etc. It doesn't mean much, because the World Cup is only a few matches. Ronaldo has been world class in Premier League, La Liga and Serie A, whereas Mbappé has only shown it in a dominant PSG side against the mighty Reims and Strasbourg. He will have had a great career, no doubt, but there is absolutely zero chance he will surpass Cristiano Ronaldo.
Mbappe also played for Monaco where he did very well, including CL games.

Some ridiculous ott reactions in this thread. He will bang then in routinely once he’s playing for Madrid. He was injured for most of the tournament and playing in a defensive system where no French attacker or even midfielder looked particularly good (Kante aside).

He actually had various great chances to score though, he just fluffed his lines and wasn’t at it at all this tournament.
This is exactly what he'll be doing in Spain for the next 5, 6 years. The unbalance that PSG has over Ligue 1 is identical to what (gap is even wider according to ELO ratings) Madrid has over La Liga. It's an extremely unbalanced competition which allows for some serious stat padding and Ballon d'Or campaigning. It's also free of absolutely any scrutiny cause there's another "PSG" in there (Barca and their infinite levers) and another club that basically has a Europa League fetish (Sevilla), just to insure endless supplies of coefficient and therefore arguments in the neverending "My league is better than yours" squabble.

Mbappe will not be tested week in and week out in Spain. For any semblance of that he'd have had to move to England. At Madrid he'll have the Barca games and the Atleti home game. He will however have in general just a lot more prestigious spotlight, having finally left the "farmers league" behind. He'll swap that reputation with being at mercy of the moody RM crowd and the added pressure of having more people do the counting of his hits and misses.

As for the player himself, having watched probably over 95% of his PSG matches, this dude is really not the generational player some still deem him to be. He lost that spark from his Monaco days probably in his 2nd year at Paris. Too often he disappeared in big CL games and was generally a handicap to team balance with how little backtracking he did. For all his time spent at Paris, I can say he was reasonably efficient. The only thing he's definitely polished in his time there was his shot technique and his ego. From every bit of media and coverage I caught of him at PSG, dude gave of a certifed c*nt vibe, which is why I'm glad he went where he went.

Yeah he should have went to City and stat padded in the one horse race Premier League instead if he really wanted to show what he’s made of

5 years. Perez’ obsession.

He isn’t even close to Vini from what I’ve seen the last 12 months. Has the numbers but inferior at every other aspect.
This allways winds me up to read. A forward that has the numbers or a forward who is good at every other aspect.....I wonder which forward I'd go for. Who'd want a forward who produces goals and assists when you can have a forward who can really trap a ball, am I right?
We'll get to see them in the same team next season and I'll be interesting to see which one of them is the talisman...

PS! Looking at dribbling, passing, creativity, heading etc. stats now. Mbappe better in every aspect. Only aspect Vini has better numbers is defensive stats (tackles and blocks). Vini actually has a pretty low successrate at dribbling (40%) compared other typical dribbly wingers/forwards.

Dude, he has 12 goals in the World Cup by age 25. Please try and be reasonable :lol:
Sure, that's great but come on, Klose has 16. Lineker had 10 across two world cups. He's clearly qualify but he is playing in the best squad of the last 10 years.

Can people please provide me with an argument as to why this guy is considered world-class outside the WC which is every 4 years and below club football, and tearing up a mediocre league? People rate Mbappe based on what they think he might do rather than what he does. If he was world class he would have dragged PSG to a CL. The only time he's been to a CL final is when Neymar was carrying the team.

A new challenge might be exactly what he needs to push on. People should not be comparing him to Ronaldo, that's disgusting and completely out of touch.
The World Cup is and always will be the sport’s pinnacle. Granted he plays for a NT which has the strongest pool of players but the regardless, he has shone at the highest level.

This thread is full of ignorant knee jerk reactions. Mbappe is a brilliant forward and has been for years. The whole “can’t see why he’s rated” stuff makes no sense at all.

Sure, that's great but come on, Klose has 16. Lineker had 10 across two world cups. He's clearly qualify but he is playing in the best squad of the last 10 years.
Kevin Philips scored bucketloads in the PL. Shit tournament.

Inzaghi is 13th in all time CL goalscorers. Meaningless competition.

He'll look like a superstar again once he starts banging them in against the mighty Valladolid, Leganes and Rayo Vallecano in part 2 of his farmer league career.
Yeah let’s just pretend he didn’t score in consecutive World Cup finals.

Can you name one other player with 12 WC goals at 25 years old?

There is no other player to do that, but that doesn't impress you.
It's like no other forward in the history of the game has played for good national teams or clubs. Did Messi (scored 4 penalties in the last WC alone and is up to 13 WC goals total after 5 WCs), Ronaldo (8WC goals (3 pens) in 5 WCs), Pele (12 goals in 5 WCs), Romario (5 goals in 2 WCs), R9 (15 goals in 3WCs) etc. all play for mediocre teams and had to do everything themselves? Even Eusebio's record 9 goals in a single WC record contained 4 pens and 4 goals in one game against North Korea. Brazil won the WC in 1962 without Pele in the KO stages. Even Portugal won their only international trophy without their biggest star on the pitch for more than 25 minutes in the final.

Let's agree Mbappe had a very underwhelming EURO, but there is no need to downplay his WC record so far, because It's fantastic!

It's like no other forward in the history of the game has played for good national teams or clubs. Did Messi (scored 4 penalties in the last WC alone and is up to 13 WC goals total after 5 WCs), Ronaldo (8WC goals (3 pens) in 5 WCs), Pele (12 goals in 5 WCs), Romario (5 goals in 2 WCs), R9 (15 goals in 3WCs) etc. all play for mediocre teams and had to do everything themselves? Even Eusebio's record 9 goals in a single WC record contained 4 pens and 4 goals in one game against North Korea. Brazil won the WC in 1962 without Pele in the KO stages. Even Portugal won their only international trophy without their biggest star on the pitch for more than 25 minutes in the final.

Let's agree Mbappe had a very underwhelming EURO, but there is no need to downplay his WC record so far, because It's fantastic!
I'm being pedantic but he's not even the first French man to do it!

It is a great record but in the end, it is only a record and as such it doesn't mean much without context.

I think we're currently witnessing how fans are moving away from the very superficial goal record comparisons that only became a thing in the Messi vs. Cristiano era. In the beginning because both were incredibly complete footballers and later on to keep the comparison alive when it became clear that Cristiano couldn't keep up with Messi's allround game unless their impacts are reduced to goals scored. But now that those two are semiretired, football fans are back to prioritizing different qualities in which the crown princes Mbappe and Haaland simply aren't that special. Mbappe is still a very good dribbler with blistering pace but in the end, he contributes far less outside goals than the greats of the past used to do and if he doesn't score, he'll get criticized. He may have scored 12 and he'll probably go on to best Klose's record but as said, in the end it is only a record.

It is a great record but in the end, it is only a record and as such it doesn't mean much without context.

I think we're currently witnessing how fans are moving away from the very superficial goal record comparisons that only became a thing in the Messi vs. Cristiano era. In the beginning because both were incredibly complete footballers and later on to keep the comparison alive when it became clear that Cristiano couldn't keep up with Messi's allround game unless their impacts are reduced to goals scored. But now that those two are semiretired, football fans are back to prioritizing different qualities in which the crown princes Mbappe and Haaland simply aren't that special. Mbappe is still a very good dribbler with blistering pace but in the end, he contributes far less outside goals than the greats of the past used to do and if he doesn't score, he'll get criticized. He may have scored 12 and he'll probably go on to best Klose's record but as said, in the end it is only a record.

Nice observation & well put.:+1:

He'll look like a superstar again once he starts banging them in against the mighty Valladolid, Leganes and Rayo Vallecano in part 2 of his farmer league career.

So I guess we’re writing off Messi and Ronaldo’s careers too then yeah? Spain is pointless, France is pointless, the WC and Euros apparently are pointless now. What is it, England or nothing?

Four of Mbappe's goals came in the World Cup final, I don't recall Lineker or Klose ever scoring even one goal in the World Cup final. And Klose had teammates that were comparable to Mbappe's.

You can always come up with one or two outliers, as you have, but the list of prolific goalscorers in the World Cup Is pretty much a list of legends.

There's also the small problem of Mbappe having, at age 25, scored more goals (in all comps, club and international) than either Klose or Lineker managed in their entire careers.

What 'context' does 12 goals in the World Cup and 4 in the final by age 25 (plus actually winning the world cup as a 19 year old) require? I don't get this post at all.

What 'context' does 12 goals in the World Cup and 4 in the final by age 25 (plus actually winning the world cup as a 19 year old) require? I don't get this post at all.

Everything needs context. In this case, Mbappe's performances in WCs haven't been as impressive as those stats suggest. Even in the final in which he scored three, he was invisible for the majority of the game. And that simply happens far too often for a player of his supposed calibre.

Four of Mbappe's goals came in the World Cup final, I don't recall Lineker or Klose ever scoring even one goal in the World Cup final. And Klose had teammates that were comparable to Mbappe's.

You can always come up with one or two outliers, as you have, but the list of prolific goalscorers in the World Cup Is pretty much a list of legends.

There's also the small problem of Mbappe having, at age 25, scored more goals (in all comps, club and international) than either Klose or Lineker managed in their entire careers.
Christ did Lineker play in a WC final?!

He'll be fine. I think that nose injury was holding him back.

That being said, question remains whether Real actually needed him.

Everything needs context. In this case, Mbappe's performances in WCs haven't been as impressive as those stats suggest. Even in the final in which he scored three, he was invisible for the majority of the game. And that simply happens far too often for a player of his supposed calibre.

I know this one. What is the silliest thing said on the caf?

Ronaldo has been a big disappointment both at Euros and World Cup, the biggest sporting event of all time, despite playing in 11 different editions, more than anyone else with miserable 3 goals in 21 knockout games. You cannot get away with shitting the bed that consistently despite participating in more tourneys than anyone else for 20 years. He is not even close to Stoichkov or Suker in terms of NT legacy in the biggest stages among European players let alone players like Mbappe, Van Basten, Platini, Muller, Modric, Cruyff, Beckenbauer, Matthaus etc. Not even a top-20 European player with the NT.

Nobody buys "but but NT tourneys are not important for performance evaluation" BS. If that's so easy to perform, surely the UCL king Ronaldo would find a way to score more than miserable 3 goals in 20 years in major tournament knockouts. He had more chances than anyone else to show up. If anything, he was exposed big time when not surrounded by other superstars in super-teams. WC and Euros are the dreams for almost every top player to the extent many would exchange their couple of UCLs for a World Cup. Not surprisingly, it was Ronaldo's biggest dream as well.

The greatest perform both at the club and NT level in big tourneys. I'd say Eusebio's legacy with Portugal in a single WC eclipses whatever Ronaldo did in 5 WCs + 6 Euros. Statpadding against minnows in mighty Euro qualifiers and then ghosting when it matters most is a big flaw.

Mbappe is already a WC icon, the biggest sport event of all time. If he wins couple of UCLs as the main man at Real and maybe a Euro, he'll be considered above Ronaldo.

Euros, World Cup, who really cares? National teams play together 4-5 times a year, and some of them don't even know each other. A few games every second and fourth year isn't how you determine who's the best player, come on. You know that. You think playing in the Euros or World Cup is more challenging than playing in the Champions League? I'm going to repeat myself here; national teams don't play together often, they don't train together often, many of them are barely organised. Those tournaments being dreams for almost every top player is irrelevant. It has nothing to do with difficulty, it has to do with pride of representing your country and knowing your whole country is watching and cheering for you.

Ironic you talk about ghosting in the big tournaments. Where was Mbappé against Spain? Where was he against Portugal or even Belgium? In the last World Cup final against Argentina, he was invisible until his goal in the 70th minute, and then he added another two goals for a hattrick as if scoring a penalty is some incredible achievement. He scored twice against mighty Poland and twice against Denmark and went missing against England and Morocco in the quarter-finals and semi-finals. Maybe you rate Poland and Denmark high, but they're certainly nothing more than qualifier teams.

Let me be clear, there is not a microscopic chance Mbappé will be considered above Ronaldo ever. He is 26 in December and hasn't won a single Balon d'Or yet. He hasn't won a single Champions League, and the only thing he has to show in his career is winning the World Cup and Ligue 1. Ronaldo is the all-time leading goal scorer in Champions League with 140 goals in 183 games. He has won Premier League several times, La Liga several times, Serie A twice, Euro Cup and Champions League 5 times. Look at his goal scoring record in La Liga ffs, it's not normal. Add his assists too, and it's just absurd. Do you think you're ever going to see Mbappé scoring 48 goals and have 16 assists in La Liga in one season? He can't even do it in a dominant PSG side in Ligue 1.

I don't particularly like Cristiano Ronaldo much, but the idea that Mbappé will have a better career than Cristiano Ronaldo is straight up absolutely fecking nuts.

Euros, World Cup, who really cares? National teams play together 4-5 times a year, and some of them don't even know each other. A few games every second and fourth year isn't how you determine who's the best player, come on. You know that. You think playing in the Euros or World Cup is more challenging than playing in the Champions League? I'm going to repeat myself here; national teams don't play together often, they don't train together often, many of them are barely organised.
Doesn't that make it more difficult to perform with the national team if you have to do it without proper training, organization etc.?

You could turn your argument completely around, and say: it's easier to perform when your team has a proper structure and especially when that structure is build to make one shine, that's why Ronaldo was never able to do it on the national stage as it's much harder without proper training and without the whole structure of the team being set up just to suit him.

The real challenge lies in performing without such structure.

I know this one. What is the silliest thing said on the caf?
He is not wrong. France and Mbappe were basically non-existent in that Qatar final for the first 80 minutes.
So yes, Mbappe scored 3 goals in a WC final which is an incredible feast. The context is that he did absolutely nothing for the first 80 minutes and 2 of the goals were penalties. Yes, i am aware that those count.

He is not wrong. France and Mbappe were basically non-existent in that Qatar final for the first 80 minutes.
So yes, Mbappe scored 3 goals in a WC final which is an incredible feast. The context is that he did absolutely nothing for the first 80 minutes and 2 of the goals were penalties. Yes, i am aware that those count.

He more than made up for being invisible with an absolutely electric end to the game though, a forward doesn’t need to be brilliant for a whole game to have a great game. Apart from his three goals he had 2-3 incisive dribbles, nearly an assist for Kolo Muani and generally led the France charge.

Doesn't that make it more difficult to perform with the national team if you have to do it without proper training, organization etc.?

You could turn your argument completely around, and say: it's easier to perform when your team has a proper structure and especially when that structure is build to make one shine, that's why Ronaldo was never able to do it on the national stage as it's much harder without proper training and without the whole structure of the team being set up just to suit him.

The real challenge lies in performing without such structure.

An argument could be made for that if it wasn't for the fact that they are also playing against teams that are disorganised, both in midfield and defense. But it doesn't really matter either way, because Ronaldo has 130 goals in 212 games for Portugal. He has almost single-handedly carried Portugal into several Euros and World Cups, but there is only so much a player can do when they're facing much superior national teams. Look at Ronaldo's team mates for Portugal, and compare them to Mbappé's French team mates since he broke through. In your eyes, which has the better players? The answer is objectively France, and it's not particularly close. Deschamps has also been the only manager for France since Mbappé broke through, and they haven't had many changes in their team since, so of course they are much more organised than Portugal was. It is apparent that Mbappé has had it easier than Ronaldo has had playing for Portugal, so that structure you're talking about, France has it.
It's funny how you just imply that Manchester United, Real Madrid and Juventus all had a structure that was built to make Ronaldo shine. It was never his abilities that made him the player he is, it was just everyone around him and the structure! Yeah, right. Good one.

I've never even understood why some people think being great for your national team is what determines how good you are as a player. I mean, clearly club football has a ridiculously higher level than international football, it's just a fact. So, let's assume Argentina didn't win World Cup in 2022 and France won instead, and we all know Messi hasn't been the same player for Argentina as he was for Barcelona. Would you claim that Mbappé is a better player than Messi, because he scored a hattrick in the World Cup final, and Messi didn't deliver for Argentina through all these years? I don't think anyone feels that way, not any sane person, any way.
Let's not act like Mbappé has been some sensational player for France, either. Throughout this Euro he has been utterly anonymous, and France would be better off playing with Barcola. In nearly every cup he has played, he has been largely invisible other than a few games where he has scored two or three goals that has inflated his numbers. Twice against Poland, twice against Denmark, only to be completely invisible in the quarter-finals and semi-finals. He was also invisible in the final against Argentina until the 70th-80th minute, don't really recall when he scored his first goal. He has a better goal ratio in the World Cup than Ronaldo, and that's it. In the Euros - and any where else - Ronaldo is by far better.

Who isn’t overrated at this point? According to some of you all the best players in the world are overrated or not that good. In two years the people drooling over Yamal, Musiala, and whoever else is the next best thing will be telling us how they are also overrated.

Maybe just maybe top level football is extremely difficult and no one just dominates every competition.

Yeah on the caf generally everyone is overrated. I am not sure who is actually considered not overrated on here.

I am genuinely curious how Mbappe will react when he introduces himself to Endrick, and Endrick offers to autograph Mbappe’s practice jersey

Euros, World Cup, who really cares?
:lol:

which planet are you living in?

You think playing in the Euros or World Cup is more challenging than playing in the Champions League?
It definitely is for Ronaldo, he's always struggled. Even Goncalo Ramos managed to score a hat-trick or defender Pepe two goals in WC knockouts for Portugal whereas he has 0 in 20 years. Not a single MVP award in any tournament. A total embarrassment. Sure, he'd score another 20 goals against Luxembourg, Andorra, Faroe in WC qualifiers, and we'll hear from his few remaining fans how great he'd do in WC 2026, only to end in another embarrassment, chaos, and as usual tears.

I'm going to repeat myself here; national teams don't play together often, they don't train together often, many of them are barely organised. Those tournaments being dreams for almost every top player is irrelevant. It has nothing to do with difficulty, it has to do with pride of representing your country and knowing your whole country is watching and cheering for you.

Almost all football greats had legendary tournaments. Many owes a big part of legendary status to their performance in the Euros/WC.
Whether you agree or not is irrelevant, it's where all time greats are made and they are considered biggest sports events of all time. Accordingly, these tournaments are the dream for every single top player. Notice, how all of a sudden people start saying Yamal or Rodri should be considered for Ballon D'or, that's how important these tourneys are for players, their legacies and the world of football.

Modric, Forlan, Suarez, Stoichkov, James Rodriguez, Brolin, Suker, Hagi, Laudrup, Hasan Sas etc. are some who have played for similar level NTs, yet showed legendary performances unlike Ronaldo. And, many just played a single Euro/WC unlike Ronaldo playing in a total of 11 WC/Euros. So, he has no excuse.

But it doesn't really matter either way, because Ronaldo has 130 goals in 212 games for Portugal. He has almost single-handedly carried Portugal into several Euros and World Cups, but there is only so much a player can do when they're facing much superior national teams.
Pure BS.

Imagine flexing Ronaldo's stats against minnows (not bringing in but but disorganized card when he scores against Andorra, Faroe) and then complaining about NT tournaments as he regularly shits the bed.

Suker - 5 goals in 5 WC knockout games for Croatia
Goncalo Ramos - 3 goals in 2 WC knockout games for Portugal
Stoichkov - 3 goals in 3 WC knockout games for Bulgaria
Forlan - 3 goals in 5 WC knockout games for Uruguay
Demiral (Turkish defender) - 2 goals in 1 Euro knockout game for Turkey
Pepe- 2 goals in 4 WC knockout games for Portugal

Ronaldo
0 goals in 8 knockout games in 5 WCs
3 goals in 21 knockout games in 5 WCs/6 Euros

but but there's only that much Ronaldo can do against great teams..

Ironic you talk about ghosting in the big tournaments. Where was Mbappé against Spain? Where was he against Portugal or even Belgium?
Where was Ronaldo against Slovenia? Czech? Georgia? Greece? France? Morocco? Uruguay? and against 10s of other teams Should I continue?
By far the worst player among all time greats in terms NT performance. The definition of a statpadder with 3 goals in 21 knockouts in major tournaments, embarrassing.

In the last World Cup final against Argentina, he was invisible until his goal in the 70th minute, and then he added another two goals for a hattrick as if scoring a penalty is some incredible achievement. He scored twice against mighty Poland and twice against Denmark and went missing against England and Morocco in the quarter-finals and semi-finals. Maybe you rate Poland and Denmark high, but they're certainly nothing more than qualifier teams.
Imagine comparing Mbappe, the WC icon, already an WC all-timer with Ronaldo the NT tournaments ghost. Then complaining about penalties, a bit rich coming from a Ronaldo fan who scored by far most penalties in the football history (like 40-50% more than the next guy with most penalties - 163 vs 114).

Mbappe in 2 WCs - 12 goals in 14 games
Ronaldo in 5 WCs - 8 goals in 22 games

Mbappe in WC knockouts in 2 WCs: 8 goals & 2 assists in 8 games
Ronaldo in WC knockouts in 5 WCs: 0 g&a in 8 games

Mbappe in WC finals: 4 goals in 2 finals
Ronaldo in WC/Euro knockouts: 3 goals in 21 games

I've never even understood why some people think being great for your national team is what determines how good you are as a player. I mean, clearly club football has a ridiculously higher level than international football, it's just a fact.
I wouldn't understand too if my goal was to save Ronaldo's sorry ass after another embarrassing tournament in "inferior" NT tourneys.

So, let's assume Argentina didn't win World Cup in 2022 and France won instead, and we all know Messi hasn't been the same player for Argentina as he was for Barcelona. Would you claim that Mbappé is a better player than Messi, because he scored a hattrick in the World Cup final, and Messi didn't deliver for Argentina through all these years? I don't think anyone feels that way, not any sane person, any way.

Non-delivering Messi for Argentina
2 times WC MVP
2 times Copa MVP
Finalissima MOTM
Olympics MVP
U-20 WC MVP

imagine thinking Messi/Mbappe comparison at the NT level is the same as that between Ronaldo/Mbappe at the NT level.

I don't particularly like Cristiano Ronaldo much,
you obviously don't:lol:

Last edited:
:lol:

which planet are you living in?

It definitely is for Ronaldo, he's always struggled. Even Goncalo Ramos managed to score a hat-trick or defender Pepe two goals in WC knockouts for Portugal whereas he has 0 in 20 years. Not a single MVP award in any tournament. A total embarrassment. Sure, he'd score another 20 goals against Luxembourg, Andorra, Faroe in WC qualifiers, and we'll hear from his few remaining fans how great he'd do in WC 2026, only to end in another embarrassment, chaos, and as usual tears.

Almost all football greats had legendary tournaments. Many owes a big part of legendary status to their performance in the Euros/WC.
Whether you agree or not is irrelevant, it's where all time greats are made and they are considered biggest sports events of all time. Accordingly, these tournaments are the dream for every single top player. Notice, how all of a sudden people start saying Yamal or Rodri should be considered for Ballon D'or, that's how important these tourneys are for players, their legacies and the world of football.

Modric, Forlan, Suarez, Stoichkov, James Rodriguez, Brolin, Suker, Hagi, Laudrup, Hasan Sas etc. are some who have played for similar level NTs, yet showed legendary performances unlike Ronaldo. And, many just played a single Euro/WC unlike Ronaldo playing in a total of 11 WC/Euros. So, he has no excuse.

Pure BS.

Imagine flexing Ronaldo's stats against minnows (not bringing in but but disorganized card when he scores against Andorra, Faroe) and then complaining about NT tournaments as he regularly shits the bed.

Suker - 5 goals in 5 WC knockout games for Croatia
Goncalo Ramos - 3 goals in 2 WC knockout games for Portugal
Stoichkov - 3 goals in 3 WC knockout games for Bulgaria
Forlan - 3 goals in 5 WC knockout games for Uruguay
Demiral (Turkish defender) - 2 goals in 1 Euro knockout game for Turkey
Pepe- 2 goals in 4 WC knockout games for Portugal

Ronaldo
0 goals in 8 knockout games in 5 WCs
3 goals in 21 knockout games in 5 WCs/6 Euros

but but there's only that much Ronaldo can do against great teams..

Where was Ronaldo against Slovenia? Czech? Georgia? Greece? France? Morocco? Uruguay? and against 10s of other teams Should I continue?
By far the worst player among all time greats in terms NT performance. The definition of a statpadder with 3 goals in 21 knockouts in major tournaments, embarrassing.

Imagine comparing Mbappe, the WC icon, already an WC all-timer with Ronaldo the NT tournaments ghost. Then complaining about penalties, a bit rich coming from a Ronaldo fan who scored by far most penalties in the football history (like 40-50% more than the next guy with most penalties - 163 vs 114).

Mbappe in 2 WCs - 12 goals in 14 games
Ronaldo in 5 WCs - 8 goals in 22 games

Mbappe in WC knockouts in 2 WCs: 8 goals & 2 assists in 8 games
Ronaldo in WC knockouts in 5 WCs: 0 g&a in 8 games

Mbappe in WC finals: 4 goals in 2 finals
Ronaldo in WC/Euro knockouts: 3 goals in 21 games

I wouldn't understand too if my goal was to save Ronaldo's sorry ass after another embarrassing tournament in "inferior" NT tourneys.

Non-delivering Messi for Argentina
2 times WC MVP
2 times Copa MVP
Finalissima MOTM
Olympics MVP
U-20 WC MVP

imagine thinking Messi/Mbappe comparison at the NT level is the same as that between Ronaldo/Mbappe at the NT level.

you obviously don't:lol:

I'm not gonna bother with this post, obsessed with hating on Ronaldo.

There is no reason to debate with you because you clearly despise Ronaldo. I don't like him much, but I don't like Mbappé either so there's that. I stopped taking you seriously after you implied Ronaldo isn't an all time great and when you said Mbappé is a WC icon. What does that even mean? :lol:

No one has ever said Yamal should win Balon d'Or and Rodri could be a contender for it even before the Euros

Are you literally in here claiming Mbappé is a better footballer than Ronaldo?

Edit: I just checked your posting history, and holy shit :lol: You really have something personal against him. Grow up.

Last edited:
Didn't realise he spoke Spanish. Has he been learning for a while now because of Madrid or has he always been able to speak it?

Didn't realise he spoke Spanish. Has he been learning for a while now because of Madrid or has he always been able to speak it?
I think he must've been learning because he's really fluent, maybe it's the influence of Argentinian teammates (and Poch?) or maybe it was his teacher, because there is a hint of an argentinian accent there. Or perhaps he just grew up, understood a bit about football and figured it makes more sense to idolise Messi than Cristiano.

In an interview with Henry he said that he always wanted to be a global superstar and you can't do that only speaking French. So he (and his parents through private school) made a point about learning multiple languages. He speaks french, english, spanish and a bit of italian.

In an interview with Henry he said that he always wanted to be a global superstar and you can't do that only speaking French. So he (and his parents through private school) made a point about learning multiple languages. He speaks french, english, spanish and a bit of italian.
the feck is wrong with the kids these days if they think being multilingual is more important for a global superstar than having a blonde WAG prominently featuring in the colourful magazines