Kylian Mbappé | Real Madrid watch

Yeah people don't watch Vini's inconsistency in La Liga.

Also, i really dislike vini. Absolute twat of a person - almost Sergio Busquets level of scummy.

Plus his whole victim shtick is really annoying.

Has he suffered racial abuse? Yes, absolutely. But his whole shit of, "The only reason people hate me is because i'm black" is honestly ridiculous.

Are there people who hate him because he's black? No doubt.

Is that the main reason for most people? No, it's because he's a cheating ,diving, unsporting, whiny prick who also starts needless fights and provocations mid match. Compare his antics to Rodrygo and it's night and day as to who is more likeable.

You should write him a tersely worded email. He may change his ways for you.

Mbappe plays as the main man in a 4-3-3 formation at a club which is so much stronger than everyone else it's considered an absolute miracle if another team even comes close to challenging.

Ronaldo played as a classical left winger in a flat 4-4-2 for the first 4 years at Man Utd.

Ronaldo played on the right and left and he didn't have that many defensive responsibilities.

Pretty sure if there was a heat map then, it'd be in similar advanced areas as Mbappe.

Mbappe also had a fantastic season at Monaco before his move. And he wasn't the main man at PSG for a few seasons until Neymar's injury woes took over and lead to a decline.

And Mbappe's been miles better than Ronaldo at the WC too.

Mbappe isn't Messi. But him and Ronaldo aren't that dissimilar. If you compare their careers up to Mbappe's age, they're pretty even.
Ronaldo in 2007-2010 was clearly above everything Mbappé has shown so far.

You could easily say that Robben and Di Maria were better than Messi at the WC until 2022(you still can argue Di Maria's favor). So?

Yet can't dribble past a player these days...

Why is dribbling a mark of a top forward? Also, why is one bad tournament where he was injured for 90% of it an indication of his broader abilities over many years?

Benzema wasn't known for his dribbling abilities but he was Real's best forward in about two decades.

Bit concerning that he was probably better when he broke through at 18 than he is now.

And Mbappe's been miles better than Ronaldo at the WC too.

Mbappe isn't Messi. But him and Ronaldo aren't that dissimilar. If you compare their careers up to Mbappe's age, they're pretty even.
Hard disagree. Mbappe already has a great international career to look back on and is a pretty great player but Ronaldo was the last player in England to win the Ballon D'or and probably will be for the foreseeable. Mbappe just isn't on his 25yo level yet, he's played in one CL final in a stacked team and was a passenger.

Ronaldo's 2006/7 and 2007/8 season eclipse whatever he's produced so far, it's as simple as that.

I mean that's very debatable.

You're equating those Ronaldo seasons as some all-timer seasons when that's not the case.

Vinicius disappears for vast chunks of the season. First half of last season he was either terrible or injured.

Also, Ancelotti's Madrid doesn't have static positioning for their forwards. A hell of a lot of times Rodrygo pops over to the left too to combine with Vini, overloading the left, leaving Valverde to drive into the space on the right.

Mbappe, Vini and Rodrygo interchanging seems like a good middle ground.

You are arguing against yourself, RM already has, as you correctly points out, two players who wants to play on the left, now there is a third one, overkill much?

Ego-signing by Perez, that serves no function, yes Mbappe will score some goals and so on, but ultimately, he will replace a player that didn't need replacing.

Why are we even discussing dribbling?

Rooney by the time he left his teenage years barely ever dribbled but was still one of the PL greats.

I mean, it's not out of the realm of possibilities that he stayed at PSG too long and has begun losing some agility and for a player like him, that's a huge deal. He's turning 26 and has a ton of miles on his legs. Not to say he's declining, but losing some agility is normal compared to early 20s. And let's not forget, Rooney started declining at his age.

He had a broken nose yes, and Frances system was extremely negative, but he was extremely bad for the standards he has set in previous tournaments. Possibly bulked up a bit which adds to agility loss.

I mean that's very debatable.

You're equating those Ronaldo seasons as some all-timer seasons when that's not the case.
His 2008 season was definitely an all timer, record goalscoring in both the league and cl while generally being pretty involved with our overall play.

He did drop off the season after but he was sublime throughout 2007/8.

Yet can't dribble past a player these days...

It's the mask and the nose issue. Already looked much more dangerous today. On another day, he'd have ended this game with 1 goal and 1 assist. His pinpoint cross led to the first goal for France.

Clearly, Mbappe can dribble past players consistently. Bad form or injuries won't change that permanently.

Yeah people don't watch Vini's inconsistency in La Liga.

Also, i really dislike vini. Absolute twat of a person - almost Sergio Busquets level of scummy.

Plus his whole victim shtick is really annoying.

Has he suffered racial abuse? Yes, absolutely. But his whole shit of, "The only reason people hate me is because i'm black" is honestly ridiculous.

Are there people who hate him because he's black? No doubt.

Is that the main reason for most people? No, it's because he's a cheating ,diving, unsporting, whiny prick who also starts needless fights and provocations mid match. Compare his antics to Rodrygo and it's night and day as to who is more likeable.

Let's ignore the personality issues. He's a very talented player and great to watch on his day but he's not consistent enough to be the best in the world and will never produce 30 goal seasons. Mbappe does and will.

You are arguing against yourself, RM already has, as you correctly points out, two players who wants to play on the left, now there is a third one, overkill much?

Ego-signing by Perez, that serves no function, yes Mbappe will score some goals and so on, but ultimately, he will replace a player that didn't need replacing.

I'm not arguing with myself. The player he's replacing is in essence Joselu.

Real madrid for the entire season had 1 recognisable striker who, no offence to the man, could barely hack it at Stoke City. Is Mbappe less effective centrally compared to being on the left? Absolutely.

Is he much much much better than Joselu? Yes.

Would your alternative be to pray that Endrick adapts to European football immediately?

His 2008 season was definitely an all timer, record goalscoring in both the league and cl while generally being pretty involved with our overall play.

He did drop off the season after but he was sublime throughout 2007/8.

It wasn't a record goal-scoring season in the CL.

Ronaldo was involved in our general play, but not to the extent you're suggesting.

I have a very different definition of all-timer season than that.

Hard disagree. Mbappe already has a great international career to look back on and is a pretty great player but Ronaldo was the last player in England to win the Ballon D'or and probably will be for the foreseeable. Mbappe just isn't on his 25yo level yet, he's played in one CL final in a stacked team and was a passenger.

Compare their careers up to age 25, what is the difference between the two?

It's very even. Mbappe's got performances at the World Cup that heavily eclipse Ronaldo's.

Even their CL performances to the same point are similar. Mbappe didn't well in that final, but Ronaldo was arguably worse in the 2009 final considering how selfish he played that game.

It wasn't a record goal-scoring season in the CL.

Ronaldo was involved in our general play, but not to the extent you're suggesting.

I have a very different definition of all-timer season than that.
My bad, meant the top scorer for the latter, but I belive he did break the league record for the 38 game era.

i Would like you to name some all timer seasons excluding Messi and Ronaldo at Madrid.

It's very even. Mbappe's got performances at the World Cup that heavily eclipse Ronaldo's.

Even their CL performances to the same point are similar. Mbappe didn't well in that final, but Ronaldo was arguably worse in the 2009 final considering how selfish he played that game.

Do you forget Ronaldo's 2008 final where he tore Michael Essien a new arsehole?

I'm not arguing with myself. The player he's replacing is in essence Joselu.

Real madrid for the entire season had 1 recognisable striker who, no offence to the man, could barely hack it at Stoke City. Is Mbappe less effective centrally compared to being on the left? Absolutely.

Is he much much much better than Joselu? Yes.

Would your alternative be to pray that Endrick adapts to European football immediately?

Looks like you are missing the entire point.

Super-expensive signing, when could have gone for a real CF instead, get it now?

Mbappe has no intentions of, nor can he, play CF in the long-term.

If he is better or not than Joselu in a position he isn't actually suited for is irrelevant.

This is a marketing signing that will clash with Vinicius in the long-term.

Ronaldo in 2007-2010 was clearly above everything Mbappé has shown so far.

You could easily say that Robben and Di Maria were better than Messi at the WC until 2022(you still can argue Di Maria's favor). So?

Don't agree with that at all.

As for the 2nd bolded: Get real. Di Maria was nowhere near Messi in that World Cup.

Do you forget Ronaldo's 2008 final where he tore Michael Essien a new arsehole?

He was incredible in that final, but he was also poor in the prior 2 legs vs Barcelona.

Both of them have great performances and subpar performances in the CL.

This idea that CR7's performances in the CL heavily surpassed Mbappe's at the same age point is a myth.

Looks like you are missing the entire point.

Super-expensive signing, when could have gone for a real CF instead, get it now?

Mbappe has no intentions of, nor can he, play CF in the long-term.

If he is better or not than Joselu in a position he isn't actually suited for is irrelevant.

This is a marketing signing that will clash with Vinicius in the long-term.

If your complaint is that Perez should have gone with a young Lewandowski type striker, there's definitely merit to be had there.

I think the issue is more the fact that there isn't one of that quality or type available on the market, (unless you go back to 2023 market where Kane was available).

If you were Perez, who would you have signed instead of Mbappe?

He was incredible in that final, but he was also poor in the prior 2 legs vs Barcelona.

Both of them have great performances and subpar performances in the CL.

This idea that CR7's performances in the CL heavily surpassed Mbappe's at the same age point is a myth.

Uninspiring at the Euros again, but some of the hyperbole in this thread is funny.

He will break scoring records with ease at the World Cup.

Has plenty of top performances in the CL.

Revisiting this thread in a year's time after he smashes it at Real will be funny.
Can’t work out if you’re saying has as in to come or has had. Because if it’s the latter than you’re well off the mark. He’s underperformed to a gigantic level in the Cl.

Can’t work out if you’re saying has as in to come or has had. Because if it’s the latter than you’re well off the mark. He’s underperformed to a gigantic level in the Cl.

Up to 25 years of age, go on and name Ronaldo's top performances in the CL and Mbappe has an equal amount.

Ronaldo hadn't even scored a CL goal until his double vs Roma in 2006-2007 and you're out here pretending he was destroying teams year in and year out.

Up to 25 years of age, go on and name Ronaldo's top performances in the CL and Mbappe has an equal amount.

Ronaldo hadn't even scored a CL goal until his double vs Roma in 2006-2007 and you're out here pretending he was destroying teams year in and year out.
You didn’t answer the question…..

Why are you out here pretending Mbappe has been destroying teams year in year out?

Didn't really look interested or too bothered about losing.

A poor performance to round off a poor tournament for him.

I mean, it's not out of the realm of possibilities that he stayed at PSG too long and has begun losing some agility and for a player like him, that's a huge deal. He's turning 26 and has a ton of miles on his legs. Not to say he's declining, but losing some agility is normal compared to early 20s. And let's not forget, Rooney started declining at his age.

He had a broken nose yes, and Frances system was extremely negative, but he was extremely bad for the standards he has set in previous tournaments. Possibly bulked up a bit which adds to agility loss.

To me he's lost half a yard of pace and that sheer explosiveness is on the wane slightly. This isn't to say he's no longer world class, though. How he carved that chance earlier (only to balloon it way over the bar) remains a sight to behold.

Don't agree with that at all.
Ronaldo was bit less athletic, but much more technically sound, had a much better shot and was much better in the air. He won games for his team with individual skill way more often than Mbappé does, while playing in stronger leagues.

As for the 2nd bolded: Get real. Di Maria was nowhere near Messi in that World Cup.
Di maria was at least as good as Messi in 2010, better in 2014, as bad in 2018 and bit worse in 2022. I don't think he was better overall, but saying so wouldn't be an absurd; before 2022, it would be the correct answer.

You didn’t answer the question…..

Why are you out here pretending Mbappe has been destroying teams year in year out?

I never said that. I said they both have top performances and sub-par performances.

Mbappe has 42 goals in the Champions League at this point in his career.

Ronaldo at a similar point in his career had 22(1 from a qualifying round too if I recall correctly)

Why are you pretending Ronaldo is levels ahead?

I never said that. I said they both have top performances and sub-par performances.

Mbappe has 42 goals in the Champions League at this point in his career.

Ronaldo at a similar point in his career had 22(1 from a qualifying round too if I recall correctly)

Why are you pretending Ronaldo is levels ahead?

Still waiting for an answer. You’re bringing Ronaldo up to sidestep the debate. Let’s focus on that initial comment.

First he needs a big rest, a mental reset. Second he needs to find a program that will allow him to get back some of his pace because man looks heavy and lumbered

Still waiting for an answer. You’re bringing Ronaldo up to sidestep the debate. Let’s focus on that initial comment.

Mbappe has had top performances in the CL. To pretend otherwise is just silly.

His performances vs City while at Monaco and then the subsequent tie vs Dortmund. His performances vs Bayern, Barcelona and Real. Why are you ignoring those?

Has he had 2-legged ties where he underperformed? Yes he has.

The idea that Mbappe has underperformed to a grand extent is nonsense.

You're forgetting the final Ronaldo scored in the year before and was excellent in. Also I dunno if you're misremembering but Ronaldo was our only attacking player in 09 who was remotely good, he tried very hard that day. He was also the main reason we even got to that final with his deciding goal vs Porto and the goals at Arsenal. Rooney was far more disappointing. Ronaldo wasn't stellar or anything but he didn't miss a glaring sitter like Mbappe did at 0-0 in the Bayern final and was probably our best player on the day in a very poor team performance.

Mbappe has had top performances in the CL. To pretend otherwise is just silly.

His performances vs City while at Monaco and then the subsequent tie vs Dortmund. His performances vs Bayern, Barcelona and Real. Why are you ignoring those?

Has he had 2-legged ties where he underperformed? Yes he has.

The idea that Mbappe has underperformed to a grand extent is nonsense.
Well he deffo has, relative to his ability and expectation.
I mean ffs, if someone said to you in 2017 when Mbappe signed for PSG that in the next seven seasons he’d fail to score a goal or put in a decisive performance in a CL Semi Final or beyond you’d have been told “Gtf”..
Anytime PSG have reached those decisive games he’s been nowhere to be seen. This year against Dortmund and against city in 2021 are particular standouts as massive underperformances. PSG have massively underperformed in the Cl and whilst that’s not entirely his fault, with the individual quality he possesses he should have been dragging PSG through some of those games.

Let's ignore the personality issues. He's a very talented player and great to watch on his day but he's not consistent enough to be the best in the world and will never produce 30 goal seasons. Mbappe does and will.

Do you watch La Liga regularly? Vinicius has been very consistent over the last three seasons. He's been the most decisive player in the champions league statisically over that period.

Mbappe is a striker. Vinicius is a pure winger with defensive duties but he has still scored 24 goals this season despite having missed probably 3 months of competition on injuries.

Di maria was at least as good as Messi in 2010, better in 2014, as bad in 2018 and bit worse in 2022. I don't think he was better overall, but saying so wouldn't be an absurd; before 2022, it would be the correct answer.

Messi was better than Di Maria in 2014 with his 4 goals and was voted player of the tournament. He was far better in 2022.

Yuh, the amount he to flatters to deceive is quite staggering. I feel with Ronaldo and Messi they would decide these games more often than not. Mbappe basically goes missing in most of the big games. I know he’s done well in two World Cup finals but apart from that he’s been horrendous for PSG in Cl knockouts and has been poor the last two Euros. Decision making and composure at times isn’t the level you’d expect.
You say this as if it is nothing. Millions of people dream of 'doing well' in one World Cup final, let alone two.

People are being ridiculous and knee jerk again. Saw it in the Musiala thread when Germany got knocked out. As soon as a team loses, their main player is crap.

Now Mbappe has been awful this tournament, no doubt. But he's injured. He will be back. There isn't a player in the history of the world who's never had a bad tournament.

Messi was better than Di Maria in 2014 with his 4 goals and was voted player of the tournament. He was far better in 2022.
Messi scored more, but Di Maria was a better player. I remember that at that time there was a consensus that Messi winning the best player award was joke, since he wasn't even the best attacker in his team(Robben and James were also better than him).

Do you watch La Liga regularly? Vinicius has been very consistent over the last three seasons. He's been the most decisive player in the champions league statisically over that period.

Mbappe is a striker. Vinicius is a pure winger with defensive duties but he has still scored 24 goals this season despite having missed probably 3 months of competition on injuries.

I watched practically most of Madrid and Barca's games.

Vini's record prior to the winter break was 4 goals and 1 assist in 11 games in La Liga.

Post winter break it was 11 goals and 5 assists in 15.

That's...not a sign of consistency.