Kylian Mbappé | Real Madrid watch

He was shit at the previous Euros too. He's incredibly overrated and if he's the best player in world football, then that tells a lot about the ever decreasing individual quality in football.

You take away his speed and he’s bang average. I say speed because that’s not an actual footballing talent. It’s pure genetics.

I’m really curious to see how this will work. He’s an absolute helmet of a boy with an ego that isn’t far off his idol’s, so it’ll be interesting to see if he upsets the Apple cart.

He’s a very mature kid that has his head on straight.

Looked like he was trying to sneak off down the sewers like a Ninja Turtle after the game, at least he came back on to clap the French fans.

He was shit at the previous Euros too. He's incredibly overrated and if he's the best player in world football, then that tells a lot about the ever decreasing individual quality in football.

That’s a given. He stands out amongst the players of today, but probably wouldn’t in previous generations.

Damaged goods

Womp womp

He doesn’t look much like a striker when I’ve seen him play, which is what you guys seemed to need more than anything. He could actually weaken you next year as he’s going to eventually end up displacing Vini. He’ll give you slightly more goals but much less of everything else.

How long is his ridiculous contract for?

He's out of form and has been for months now. He'll set the record straight next season no dout.

The Rashford comparison is pretty decent, he hasn't really improved that much since he established himself in the first team.

You take away his speed and he’s bang average. I say speed because that’s not an actual footballing talent. It’s pure genetics.

WTF

Everything in football is about genetics. That's what talent is.

I could practice trapping a ball 100000 times and i'd never get to Berbatov's level.

Diminishing a player based on one aspect of their game is more "athletic" than "footballing talent" is outrageous

Didn’t quite happen for him at the euros, but I think he’ll be absolutely incredible at Madrid.

Uninspiring at the Euros again, but some of the hyperbole in this thread is funny.

He will break scoring records with ease at the World Cup.

Has plenty of top performances in the CL.

Revisiting this thread in a year's time after he smashes it at Real will be funny.

I mean, not his biggest fan, but it's pretty much how Ronaldo looked in most of his past Euros too to be fair.

And Mbappe's been miles better than Ronaldo at the WC too.

Mbappe isn't Messi. But him and Ronaldo aren't that dissimilar. If you compare their careers up to Mbappe's age, they're pretty even.

Feel like on another night he'd have two goals and an assist. Some hyperbole in here.

But can't believe I had to argue with someone that claimed he has the potential to eclipse Messi, a few months ago... he's no GOAT or potential GOAT no matter how many trophies he wins.

He doesn’t look much like a striker when I’ve seen him play, which is what you guys seemed to need more than anything. He could actually weaken you next year as he’s going to eventually end up displacing Vini. He’ll give you slightly more goals but much less of everything else.

How long is his ridiculous contract for?

5 years. Perez’ obsession.

He isn’t even close to Vini from what I’ve seen the last 12 months. Has the numbers but inferior at every other aspect.

Feel like on another night he'd have two goals and an assist. Some hyperbole in here.

But can't believe I had to argue with someone that claimed he has the potential to eclipse Messi, a few months ago... he's no GOAT or potential GOAT no matter how many trophies he wins.

That's evident and anyone who argues otherwise isn't being truthful.

He could eclipse CR7 depending on how he does in Madrid considering how well Mbappe has played at the World Cup. But he doesn't have the innate talent to come close to Messi.

And Mbappe's been miles better than Ronaldo at the WC too.

Mbappe isn't Messi. But him and Ronaldo aren't that dissimilar. If you compare their careers up to Mbappe's age, they're pretty even.
Ronaldo had two stand out seasons by his age, he's had one standout tournament and a very good final.

Fluffed his chance at the end but he still shows good skill and passing on the ball, unlucky with a few swerving shots in previous games. With Giroud and Griezmann fading, he needs some more around him, Pogba was great at finding him, he's kind of operating on his own.

5 years. Perez’ obsession.

He isn’t even close to Vini from what I’ve seen the last 12 months. Has the numbers but inferior at every other aspect.

Vini at his absolute best or Vini over the course of a season?

Because lest I remind you that in the first half of last season Vini was a combination of shockingly bad or injured.

Maybe there isn't a master plan to everything that Perez does, he is human too, after all.

We shall soon find out.

Ronaldo had two stand out seasons by his age, he's had one standout tournament and a very good final.

Mbappe's had plenty of stand out seasons, but people just brush it off because it's Ligue 1.

Compare their CL performances specifically to the same age point and you could argue Mbappe eclipses him there too.

It’s possible that staying at PSG too long has somewhat hurt his development a little. But it’s an international tournament. Tons of past greats have found it difficult to perform in them. He’ll be fine, but it will be interesting to see how he integrates into that madrid side, with vini in his preferred position.

Easily the worst player ever in the history of football.
No wait..you lot started the over the top nonsense :lol:

Uninspiring at the Euros again, but some of the hyperbole in this thread is funny.

He will break scoring records with ease at the World Cup.

Has plenty of top performances in the CL.

Revisiting this thread in a year's time after he smashes it at Real will be funny.

Who doesn't though?

Can just written off as part of the system, and arguably not improving us, since, you know, the team won the UCL and league without him.

Mbappe's had plenty of stand out seasons, but people just brush it off because it's Ligue 1.

Compare their CL performances specifically to the same age point and you could argue Mbappe eclipses him there too.

Mbappe plays as the main man in a 4-3-3 formation at a club which is so much stronger than everyone else it's considered an absolute miracle if another team even comes close to challenging.

Ronaldo played as a classical left winger in a flat 4-4-2 for the first 4 years at Man Utd.

People here will watch 2 CL games and reach all sorts of conclusions.

Mbappe is a level above Vinicius.

Did Mbappe have a bad tournament? Sure but let's not forget that Vinicius has done zilch for Brazil and has been consistently embarrassing for the National Team.

Who doesn't though?

Can just written off as part of the system, and arguably not improving us, since, you know, the team won the UCL and league without him.

He will definetely improve you guys.

Madrid won so many games through last minute Bellingham goals and the sheer power of friendship last season. You desperately missed a proper striker and though Joselu came clutch vs Bayern, he isn't the solution.

He’s a fantastic player, but a lot of the hype comes from the media who seemed desperate to annoint a successor to Messaldo. There’s almost a will to push things in a direction we want, rather than it happening organically. He’s going to remain in the top bracket of footballers in the world, no doubt.

He will definetely improve you guys.

Madrid won so many games through last minute Bellingham goals and the sheer power of friendship last season. You desperately missed a proper striker and though Joselu came clutch vs Bayern, he isn't the solution.

There is no guarantee of that, like at all.

He clashes position with Vinicius, who is, at this point, a far better dribbler than Mbappe, so has to play CF, which doesn't actually suit him either.

Did Mbappe have a bad tournament? Sure but let's not forget that Vinicius has done zilch for Brazil and has been consistently embarrassing for Brazil.

Yeah people don't watch Vini's inconsistency in La Liga.

Also, i really dislike vini. Absolute twat of a person - almost Sergio Busquets level of scummy.

Plus his whole victim shtick is really annoying.

Has he suffered racial abuse? Yes, absolutely. But his whole shit of, "The only reason people hate me is because i'm black" is honestly ridiculous.

Are there people who hate him because he's black? No doubt.

Is that the main reason for most people? No, it's because he's a cheating ,diving, unsporting, whiny prick who also starts needless fights and provocations mid match. Compare his antics to Rodrygo and it's night and day as to who is more likeable.

Did Mbappe have a bad tournament? Sure but let's not forget that Vinicius has done zilch for Brazil and has been consistently embarrassing for his National Team.

Yet can't dribble past a player these days...

Who doesn't though?

Plenty of players???!!!

The idea that everyone succeeds at Real is nonsensical.

Ronaldo's 2006/7 and 2007/8 season eclipse whatever he's produced so far, it's as simple as that.

There is no guarantee of that, like at all.

He clashes position with Vinicius, who is, at this point, a far better dribbler than Mbappe, so has to play CF, which doesn't actually suit him either.

Vinicius disappears for vast chunks of the season. First half of last season he was either terrible or injured.

Also, Ancelotti's Madrid doesn't have static positioning for their forwards. A hell of a lot of times Rodrygo pops over to the left too to combine with Vini, overloading the left, leaving Valverde to drive into the space on the right.

Mbappe, Vini and Rodrygo interchanging seems like a good middle ground.