Kurt Zouma / 180 hours community service + banned from keeping cats for 5 years

Again that's my point, it's bullshit to have done nothing at all. That's where all the anger should be placed
They didn't do nothing though, he was fined. You might think it's not enough, but saying they did nothing is factually wrong.

They didn't do nothing though, he was fined. You might think it's not enough, but saying they did nothing is factually wrong.
They did nothing that may effect their results on the pitch and frankly I think that's diabolical and they should be taken to the cleaners for it in the press

Okay, that's your opinion, and you're welcome to it.

My opinion is that there are several ways to express love. I love to pet dogs, cats and goldfish - yes, you can totally pet a goldfish - but I love to eat bacon, sausages and lamb chops.

Does that not qualify me as an animal lover?
You are just being ignorant because you obviously can't comprehend what kind of torture and terror animals must endure in slaughterhouse before you eat your delicious piece of meat.
They are completely disregarded as sentient beings.
I made my peace with it, I'm aware that most people lack a deep empathy as this is not part of cognitive ability but what really grinds my gears are 'tryin to sound funny and cool' jokes about bacon, chops and meat in general.
Nobody is forcing veganism on you, but I think it should be mandatory to at least repsect the slaughtered animal you eat.
Every life has equal value.

Really?

How many animals are slaughtered in the UK? Every year in the UK approximately 2.6 million cattle, 10 million pigs, 14.5 million sheep and lambs, 80 million fish and 950 million birds are slaughtered for human consumption
Go away.

How many of those were pets?

I wonder if this happened to a United player, and they were in a desperate hunt for 4th place where the money they could get from it would be season-defining (unlike the real United that can print money without winning a thing), would those asking for Zouma to be suspended for x number of games still feel the same, or would they justify a punishment that didn't require a key player missing?

It's not about it being strange, it's about it being hypocritical. You can't call yourself an animal lover if you pay for them to be slaughtered. You can call yourself a dog/cat lover but you clearly don't love all animals if you eat them.
Please do as your user name.

It's not about it being strange, it's about it being hypocritical. You can't call yourself an animal lover if you pay for them to be slaughtered. You can call yourself a dog/cat lover but you clearly don't love all animals if you eat them.
I only eat the dead ones tbf

Can you be even more insufferable?

I wonder if this happened to a United player, and they were in a desperate hunt for 4th place where the money they could get from it would be season-defining (unlike the real United that can print money without winning a thing), would those asking for Zouma to be suspended for x number of games still feel the same, or would they justify a punishment that didn't require a key player missing?
Not that it's comparable but many of us have said greenwood should never play for united again even if he isn't actually charged with anything.

We can be objective. Silly argument

What he did wasn't on the pitch or against another team, so i don't think the FA will charge him and rightfully so IMO.
What Cavani did was send a message to a friend on Instagram? He was banned for 3 games for bringing the game into disrepute. So, what's the next excuse?

What if you love them for their flavour? Technically I still love them, just on a plate.

United fans in general? There would be some hypocrisy, probably.

United fans on here? They would. Those who wouldn't would be the same who go lightly on Zouma now, so there wouldn't be much hypocrisy.

Obviously. Rape is fine so long as it's done at home and not in the stadium against an opposition player. Everyone knows that.
Rape a girl at home, fine. Racially abuse someone in front of millions, a couple of games ban. Kick a cat?! Hang the motherfecker!!!

Rape a girl at home, fine. Racially abuse someone in front of millions, a couple of games ban. Kick a cat?! Hang the motherfecker!!!
You really seem like you have some psychological issues around racism that cause you to massively exaggerate everything in your own head. People think he should have got a short ban for bringing the game into disrepute and you're rounding that up to execution. You've kept making similar leaps for several days in this thread too and you're just getting yourself worked up mate.

Last edited:
I couldn't agree more. It's an uncomfortable truth.
Sorry but this is an awful argument. You can’t compare the natural process of eating meat to hitting a defenseless animal out of the fact your a massive dickhead. Does this argument mean that those who hit animals should go unpunished because people eat meat? People who are defending zouma are shameful

Sorry but this is an awful argument. You can’t compare the natural process of eating meat to hitting a defenseless animal out of the fact your a massive dickhead. Does this argument mean that those who hit animals should go unpunished because people eat meat? People who are defending zouma are shameful

I think my post was taken out of context. I was actually referring to a previous post on the notion of being an animal lover and eating meat. Nothing to do with Zouma.

With the Zouma issue, what he did was horrendous. It doesn’t take an animal lover, meat eater, vegan etc to realise that.

No. But IMO it means that those who eat meat but are overreacting about Zouma calling for him to be banned are being hypocritical given how the animals they eat are treated before reaching they eat them.

You really seem like you have some psychological issues around racism that cause you to massively exaggerate everything in your own head. People think he should have got a short ban for bringing the game into disrepute and you're rounding that up to execution. You've kept making similar leaps for several days in this thread too and you're just getting yourself worked up mate.
You're right, I took it too far and I apologise.

Look. Anyone who hurts a soul on purpose is a cnut. I am a slave to a cat, I'd kill anyone who touched her, but I'm not Chris Kirkland. I didn't start the conversation about race, he did. Kirkland compared any possible ban for Zouma to the previous bans for racism.

Don't you think that downgrades racism? One hurt cat causes pandemonium, thousands of hurt people of colour doesn't even touch the sides?!

There's nothing natural about rounding up animals, forcing them to breed in appalling conditions and slaughtering them. We do it because it tastes good.

No one making this line of argument is defending Zouma. We're just pointing out that far more animal abuse goes into serving a steak than slapping a cat and we need to react accordingly (Someone earlier said he should be arrested FFS :lol:)

It may be racism, it may not, but he 100% has an agenda against Pogba.
Players come and go who have been far worse than Pogba but souness goes at him with a such disdain, Even when Pogba plays well Souness gives him little praise.
Over the years though he rants about foreign players and seems to go over the top, that suggests to a lot of people that he’s racist.
That still isn’t racism. People need to understand what racism is before throwing it around.
I’ve been critical towards him in 90% of game. That isn’t racism. People have been critical of Maguire as much as Pogba. Including me. Does that mean people are racist against white people? Souness isn’t fan of Pogba as a player but that isn’t racism.

the amount of abuse he's taken I think he's been punished enough now

I hate what he did but he's taken so much abuse for it and will continue to probably for the rest of his career

Zouma is a dickhead, but would you rather be kicked and slapped, or killed and eaten? I don't think the argument is that bad really, people just don't want to hear it.

You are just being ignorant because you obviously can't comprehend what kind of torture and terror animals must endure in slaughterhouse before you eat your delicious piece of meat.
They are completely disregarded as sentient beings.
I made my peace with it, I'm aware that most people lack a deep empathy as this is not part of cognitive ability but what really grinds my gears are 'tryin to sound funny and cool' jokes about bacon, chops and meat in general.
Nobody is forcing veganism on you, but I think it should be mandatory to at least repsect the slaughtered animal you eat.
Every life has equal value.

Getting meat-shamed in the football forum by a smug vegan is a new low for me.

Can only imagine the shit-eating grin you were sporting while writing this out :p

For what it's worth, I've never harmed an animal in my life.

Zouma is a dickhead, but would you rather be kicked and slapped, or killed and eaten? I don't think the argument is that bad really, people just don't want to hear it.

This is the cut and thrust of the matter.

Can only imagine the shit-eating grin you were sporting while writing this out :p

If you feel shame that's maybe that's on you. Perhaps it's guilt and projecting that onto 'smug vegans' is your way of avoiding taking responsibility for your actions? Maybe you need to re-evaluate your part in the meat production chain as it is a supply and demand industry and the animals go through hell from birth to death.

Just because the vegans can see the hypocrisy of valuing the individual life of a single cat over the billions of sentient lives that are killed for taste pleasure doesn't make them smug.

the amount of abuse he's taken I think he's been punished enough now

I hate what he did but he's taken so much abuse for it and will continue to probably for the rest of his career
That's not a punishment though

Is shit eating vegan?

This thread is a shitshow of idiots finding ways to justify apathy, but want to tell you what you can or cannot be upset about.

Nothing new.

I know, but whats fair? It really difficult. I think a very hefty fine with that being paid to an animal charity is the best one. And by hefty i dont mean a week or two wagesz but from 4/6
It's difficult in the sense that we don't punish footballers like we do normal people, so talking about him losing his job becomes redundant in that sense.

A ban for a game or 2 (which, because football, is the most he'd ever get here) makes more sense than a fine. The guy is on around £12m a year, if you fined him a his yearly wage he'd still be very rich.

If you feel shame that's maybe that's on you. Perhaps it's guilt and projecting that onto 'smug vegans' is your way of avoiding taking responsibility for your actions? Maybe you need to re-evaluate your part in the meat production chain as it is a supply and demand industry and the animals go through hell from birth to death.

Just because the vegans can see the hypocrisy of valuing the individual life of a single cat over the billions of sentient lives that are killed for taste pleasure doesn't make them smug.

Mate, all due respect, but ease off with the holier than thou shite. I appreciate your feelings on the matter, but they do not align with my own. That's just the way it is.

Thanks.

Is shit eating vegan?

Fair question.

I guess that would depend largely on your diet?

If animal abuse deserves a bigger ban than racist abuse, crimes against animals are worse than crimes against people of colour. One cat was abused horribly, millions of footballers get racially abused, but the one cat gets more "ban days" than all of the bans for racism in the prem this year added together?

Doesn’t a fan at a stadium found guilty of racist abuse get banned for life in most instances? The only recent example of a player being “racist” I can recall is Cavani, who got banned for three matches despite not having intended to be racist at all. Who are all the premier league players you feel have got away with racism this season?

Calls for Zouma to be sacked are too harsh in my view. However, currently the only sanction he’s faced which might actually bother him is losing the two cats (and then only probably because he won’t have anything to kick for funsies anymore). I’d have thought a 5 game ban for the level of disrepute he’s caused would be about right.

If I was Zouma I would hold a press conference and literally grovel and beg for forgiveness and then announce I was donating my wages for the rest of the season to the Cats Protection Society. Only then might he get a bit of redemption!

Ironically what he has done has raised awareness of animal cruelty so every cloud...........

Mate, all due respect, but ease off with the holier than thou shite. I appreciate your feelings on the matter, but they do not align with my own. That's just the way it is.

Like I said the 'holier than thou shite' is just you projecting again. The fact that you didn't address any of the points maybe shows your cognitive dissonance.

We are more than happy to let Greenwood rot, what do you think?

Go away.

How many of those were pets?

People do keep pigs and birds as pets and a lot of the countries throughout the world dogs are eaten and they are horrifically mistreated. Even in England it’s a shambles especially with baby chicks.

What Zouma did isn’t nice but a lot worse goes on in this country and people don’t hesitate to eat the food that has come from the mistreatment of animals, pet or no pet.