Kurt Zouma / 180 hours community service + banned from keeping cats for 5 years

You can be as literal as you like but we both know I wasn’t suggesting everyone was singing it. Again I think I know everyone has different opinions, this forum expresses different ones every day. My point remains the same, ’some’ fans hold Footballers by a different set of rules than they hold themselves.
I honestly couldn't know tbh. Words have their meanings, specially when it comes to the important issues we are talking about

Apologies for the late bump but I've only just learned of this.

Absolutely disgusting, inhuman behaviour. The way he's laughing through the whole video makes me sick.

Is it too much to hope he gets jail time?

Congratulations, you're now a racist, please wait up upto 2 weeks for your membership card to arrive by Luftwaffe Mail.

Membership perks include discounted robes (white only) along with buy one get one free offers on selected (white) capirotes just incase they come off during a spontaneous chase/organised exercise/"fun" run.

Moyes was wrong for picking him, he should be suspended for the rest of the season.
Feeling unwell just before the game , I dont buy it.
Moyes and West Ham have let down the club and the fans by picking him.

Has for some of the comments on here, feck knows what goes on their heads.
This has nothing to do with race and all to do with him being a cnut !

Racism gets 8 matches though. Slapping a cat should get you banned for the season?

Heavy fine I would say is fair. And by heavy I mean heavy. Its not a police case so its only so much they can do

Racism gets 8 matches though. Slapping a cat should get you banned for the season?

Heavy fine I would say is fair. And by heavy I mean heavy. Its not a police case so its only so much they can do
You're comparing past punishments handed out by the FA to someone's opinion on a different incident.

You're comparing past punishments handed out by the FA to someone's opinion on a different incident.

I know, but whats fair? It really difficult. I think a very hefty fine with that being paid to an animal charity is the best one. And by hefty i dont mean a week or two wagesz but from 4/6

Poor from West Ham, they should have at least banned him for a couple games, but instead they choose to hurt their own reputation.

Bans are deterrents as well as punishments, and this is the first ever animal abuse in English football, whereas racism happens weekly. If anything, the bans for racism should be far stricter.

Finally I like something Souness is saying. Good man.

Paraphrase for anyone that missed it:

Carragher: Zouma has said he's feeling unwell in the warm up. I wonder how he's feeling.

Souness: I wonder how that cat is feeling... I have no sympathy at all for him.

Carragher: What would you do if you were his manager?

Souness: Not play him for the whole year and if I were a player I wouldn't want him anywhere near me or the team until he shows remorse.

Carragher: The club have said he has shown remorse.

Souness: They're just PR merchants.

Success seemed really angry at the whole situation.
We know Souness is a racist, so him wanting longer bans for animal abuse than racial abuse is expected

Poor from West Ham, they should have at least banned him for a couple games, but instead they choose to hurt their own reputation.
Do most people hold the Suarez issue (and how they dealt with it) against Liverpool? Nope... West Ham will survive.

Congratulations, you're now a racist, please wait up upto 2 weeks for your membership card to arrive by Luftwaffe Mail.

Membership perks include discounted robes (white only) along with buy one get one free offers on selected (white) capirotes just incase they come off during a spontaneous chase/organised exercise/"fun" run.

Well, that's just purrfect, but if we could replace the robes with a Furarri, even better.

I can only imagine Souness’ fury when he heard that a tall, black, French PL player who plays for ‘Utd’ had disgraced himself - only to find out that it WASN’T Pogba…

The guy must’ve been seething.

Pogba has actually been posting and defending Zouma's actions online throughout the week.

They are both disgraces. Albeit to a lesser extent.

The videos of the West Ham fans singing about Zouma battering cats whilst punching an inflatable cat up into the air just typifies that disgusting club.

The videos of the West Ham fans singing about Zouma battering cats whilst punching an inflatable cat up into the air just typifies that disgusting club.
Christ, what absolute cnuts.

At least we know they’re not racists though.

I can't say for sure, but I was under the impression that the "he plays at centreback, he kicks his fecking cat" chant was not meant to be affectionate.

To be fair, both the Watford and West Ham fans booed him heavily in this game.

Say what you like about the English, but we are a nation of animal lovers. Zouma will get booed in every stadium he plays in this season and rightly so.

What do you call prejudice based on skin colour/ethnicity/religion?

I'm not sure what you're going with this, mate, but prejudice and racism aren't the same thing. Prejudice is a preconceived opinion of a person based on their location on the planet, whereas racism is more equated to traits often associated with people of particular skin colour.

Souness made a statement based on his Argentian background, therefore it's prejudice not racism.

I'm not sure what you're going with this, mate, but prejudice and racism aren't the same thing. Prejudice is a preconceived opinion of a person based on their location on the planet, whereas racism is more equated to traits often associated with people of particular skin colour.

Souness made a statement based on his Argentian background, therefore it's prejudice not racism.

Xenophobia v Racism maybe? They are both prejudices.

Xenophobia v Racism maybe? They are both prejudices.

I'm not entirely sure now I think about it, but you could be right.

The only thing I am sure of is that Souness is an idiot of immense proportions. Whether he's a racist or a xenophobic idiot is open to debate :p

At what point do people accept he’s been punished and is free to play?
How was he punished? He wasn't banned from any games, they took what a week or two wages off him?

If I was that way inclined, a punishment like that wouldn't stop me doing it again.

How was he punished? He wasn't banned from any games, they took what a week or two wages off him?

If I was that way inclined, a punishment like that wouldn't stop me doing it again.
What is the precedent for match bans involving animal abuse? He got £250k fine and lost an endorsement deal and it seems no further action will be taken. If he even thinks about doing that again he must be one thick and callous cnut.

What is the precedent for match bans involving animal abuse? He got £250k fine and lost an endorsement deal and it seems no further action will be taken. If he even thinks about doing that again he must be one thick and callous cnut.
I'm not sure if there is a precedent. West ham had the opportunity to see one, be tough, but fair if he's genuinely remorseful and they fecked up.

They put their season ahead of anything else.

I think the embarrassment of it going public and the response it got would be enough for most people to not want to do it again. If Zouma somehow got caught again, then he isn't ignorant, or had a bad day, or whatever...he's psychotic.