Kurt Zouma / 180 hours community service + banned from keeping cats for 5 years

West Ham don't have the b**ls to keep him out of the team.
What he did was not at all nice and it's his brothers problem with releasing the video.
Not a good example to young children too and that's NOT how we should treat animals.

I don't like how you're assimilating those who make those chants about Park and Rom with the ones who criticize animal cruelty and who are against racism. The Utd fan doesn't come in one shade

Don't particular care what you like or not, that’s your perception. Already said ‘some fans’ do not apply the same set of standards to others, that they apply to themselves. You think that our fan base as never abused animals or people?

Don't particular care what you like or not, that’s your perception. Already said ‘some fans’ do not apply the same set of standards to others, that they apply to themselves. You think that our fan base as never abused animals or people?
All I'm saying is that a fanbase is composed of different types and opinions. 75k persons didn't all sign about Park and Rom is my point. There are twats everywhere

Its quite interesting where this is all going and Im expecting a lot more ‘disclosures’ to come out about footballers for all kinds of stuff. The moral compass has shifted towards them and the media is going to have a field day. We are going to see both ends of the pendulum as the floodgates open.

I must admit that as fans we at times apply a different set of standards to others than we apply to ourselves. We speak about animal cruelty yet 75,000 often sing that Park chant. We talk about Racism yet we stereotypically sang about the size of Roms manhood. There are many other aspects of fan culture that are equally xenophobic yet these seem to be ok for many too. We don’t condone violence against animals yet we sing about violence towards other fans. We even post abusive and quite disgusting things about our players.

Maybe it’s just banter but the sentiment and potential impact is the same. The hypocrisy of fans is really funny at times.
Singing the Park song is hardly equivalent to physically attacking an animal though.

Singing the Park song is hardly equivalent to physically attacking an animal though.
No? Thousands of people typecasting you as someone who eats dogs, loudly, on TV, radio and the Internet? You must have thick skin.

Edit: not that you eat dogs, but that your culture / you are weird for doing so, but "you're still one of ours"

No? Thousands of people typecasting you as someone who eats dogs, loudly, on TV, radio and the Internet? You must have thick skin.

Edit: not that you eat dogs, but that your culture / you are weird for doing so, but "you're still one of ours"
One's a criminal act, the other is a chant that crudely perpetuates a stereotype but isn't illegal, as far as I'm aware.

I see on social media, their fans are now going out of their way to show support for Zouma. Can you imagine the outcry if we did the same with Greenwood?

Booted a cat, what the feck is wrong with some people?

Apologies for the late bump but I've only just learned of this.

Absolutely disgusting, inhuman behaviour. The way he's laughing through the whole video makes me sick.

Is it too much to hope he gets jail time?

You are applying the ‘measure’ not me. I’m sure those who are being sung about might apply their own measure of how it impacts on them.

A good test is would you sing it getting off the plane in Korea?

All I'm saying is that a fanbase is composed of different types and opinions. 75k persons didn't all sign about Park and Rom is my point. There are twats everywhere

You can be as literal as you like but we both know I wasn’t suggesting everyone was singing it. Again I think I know everyone has different opinions, this forum expresses different ones every day. My point remains the same, ’some’ fans hold Footballers by a different set of rules than they hold themselves.

You are applying the ‘measure’ not me. I’m sure those who are being sung about might apply their own measure of how it impacts on them.

A good test is would you sing it getting off the plane in Korea?
Well, no, you seem to believe that unless you're as pure as the Virgin Mary you can't possibly criticise an adult man for kicking the crap out of an animal.

Your test is stupid. I'm hardly going to belt out Viva Ronaldo on the stairs out of the plane either.

I'm actually hoping to spend a week in Korea next month as it happens.

I see on social media, their fans are now going out of their way to show support for Zouma. Can you imagine the outcry if we did the same with Greenwood?
Have to say, it's impressive how some people have managed to change the narrative of this so much that Zouma is now a victim in all this.

One's a criminal act, the other is a chant that crudely perpetuates a stereotype but isn't illegal, as far as I'm aware.

Not sure the barometer is whether it’s legal or not but I guess these discussions are where you see where peoples moral compass is at. As a pet owner myself, I hope charities like RSPA are going to see many of the fans making demands for him to be sacked, equally making donations to them for saving thousands of cats lives each year. Somehow, I dont think so….

Well, no, you seem to believe that unless you're as pure as the Virgin Mary you can't possibly criticise an adult man for kicking the crap out of an animal.

Your test is stupid. I'm hardly going to belt out Viva Ronaldo on the stairs out of the plane either.

I'm actually hoping to spend a week in Korea next month as it happens.

At what point did I say he can’t be criticised? Cut and paste it in your response if you like.
Not sure why you would belt Viva Ronaldo either and we both know despite your attempt to be clever with it, that most Koreans as Park has already stated he doesn’t like the song, would find it highly offensive, as it’s what it implies.

Finally I like something Souness is saying. Good man.

Paraphrase for anyone that missed it:

Carragher: Zouma has said he's feeling unwell in the warm up. I wonder how he's feeling.

Souness: I wonder how that cat is feeling... I have no sympathy at all for him.

Carragher: What would you do if you were his manager?

Souness: Not play him for the whole year and if I were a player I wouldn't want him anywhere near me or the team until he shows remorse.

Carragher: The club have said he has shown remorse.

Souness: They're just PR merchants.

Success seemed really angry at the whole situation.

Last edited:
Carragher: We don’t know what Zouma has been through the last few days.

Souness: certainly not as much as that bloody cat went through.

:lol::lol::lol:

So true.

Carragher: We don’t know what Zouma has been through the last few days.

Souness: certainly not as much as that bloody cat went through.

:lol::lol::lol:

So true.

Carragher looked stunned and awkward when he said that. Knows he can't chime in and go heavy himself after spitgate.

Does anyone believe he is injured? I know it was a late call but must have been planned.
I’m not buying he’s injured.

Does anyone believe he is injured? I know it was a late call but must have been planned.
I’m not buying he’s injured.

He's bottled it I reckon - away fans are going to be as merciless as he was to that cat!

This thread is a parody of Redcafe these days, not a good advert for anyone considering signing up.

It begins with everyone on the same page, rightfully condemning a man who, for reasons known only to himself, decided to kick and slap his defenceless cat around his kitchen for his entertainment, in full display of his child no less. Then it suddenly, but unsurprising, takes a sudden turn in multiple directions - yes, threads can make as many turns as they wish simultaneously; vegan lovers, battery farm animals, racism, gender equality, Jerry fecking Springer, the works.

What is wrong with you people?

Kurt Zouma is a despicable human being who should be taken to court and prosecuted accordingly for his actions, just like an everyday person who was not a professional footballer with more money than they can count would.

Well in souness.

I can only imagine Souness’ fury when he heard that a tall, black, French PL player who plays for ‘Utd’ had disgraced himself - only to find out that it WASN’T Pogba…

The guy must’ve been seething.

Moyes was wrong for picking him, he should be suspended for the rest of the season.
Feeling unwell just before the game , I dont buy it.
Moyes and West Ham have let down the club and the fans by picking him.

Has for some of the comments on here, feck knows what goes on their heads.
This has nothing to do with race and all to do with him being a cnut !

Paraphrase for anyone that missed it:

Carragher: Zouma has said he's feeling unwell in the warm up. I wonder how he's feeling.

Souness: I wonder how that cat is feeling... I have no sympathy at all for him.

Carragher: What would you do if you were his manager?

Souness: Not play him for the whole year and if I were a player I wouldn't want him anywhere near me or the team until he shows remorse.

Carragher: The club have said he has shown remorse.

Souness: They're just PR merchants.

Just like the rest of us.