Kurt Zouma / 180 hours community service + banned from keeping cats for 5 years

Another thing is humans can defend themselves somewhat. In comparision, an animal like a domestic cat can't. And your 100% right that cats can't communicate with you. Henry which is the cat I live with can't say to me no kicking me is fine. I just don't get the reason why a grown adult would abuse an animal and even take pleasure in it. I mean if your friend did something bad like sleep with your girlfriend then yeah I somewhat get it. But a freaking cat does nothing and there isn't an excuse to abuse it.
what if your cat sleeps with your girlfriend?

No I don't but I can see the forest from the trees.

Tucking into a steak is far worse than what Zouma did.

So you are either saying what Zouma did is no big deal, or condemning the +99% of the population that rely on animal protein to live?

No I don't but I can see the forest from the trees.

Tucking into a steak is far worse than what Zouma did.
Jesus fecking christ. You are despicable. Can someone just ban this guy or something. I didn't mean to call him despicable but this guys attitude to this is horrible.

what if your cat sleeps with your girlfriend?
Your taking it too far. My whole idea is what the hell did the cat even do to deserve that abuse. Basically what I am getting at with the whole abusing your cat thing.

:lol: This is such an overreaction.

Have I missed something or do we not still live in a society that's willing to slaughter animals because they taste good?

Should Moyes only start vegans in his team?

We eat meat so it's ok to abuse animals?

If you've got nothing intelligent to add, don't need to post anything at all.

This is not a thread which shows Caf in good light. But it just reflects society in general. People without "pets" will never understand love and bond which people who have "pets", have with them. They are not pets for us. They are family members for who we will do everything.

"Just a little kick", "you eat meat", "little fine and that is it".......pathetic posts from some of you.

Edit: when my daughter was born, some people around me asked me dead serious; "Will you now throw out your cats?". Like they are some things who you just throw in trash. That is our society

Agreed. Animals cant defend themselves (well some, like bears) but a cat cant, and abusing them like that makes you a piece of shit

Your taking it too far. My whole idea is what the hell did the cat even do to deserve that abuse. Basically what I am getting at with the whole abusing your cat thing.
would it be acceptable if a horse slept with your girlfriend?

So you are either saying what Zouma did is no big deal, or condemning the +99% of the population that rely on animal protein to live?

We don't need animal protein to live. We are willing to torture and slaughter animals because it gives us great pleasure, much like kicking the cat gave Zouma pleasure.

We don't need animal protein to live. We are willing to torture and slaughter animals because it gives us great pleasure, much like kicking the cat gave Zouma pleasure.
This is pretty much the definition of a false equivalency.

Not answering those questions so don't bother asking.
I didn't mean would it be OK to beat up your cat if your horse slept with your girlfriend, I was asking if it would be OK to get a bit rough with your horse if it hooked up with your girlfriend behind your back .... and you accuse me of taking it too far ... jeez!

I didn't mean would it be OK to beat up your cat if your horse slept with your girlfriend, I was asking if it would be OK to get a bit rough with your horse if it hooked up with your girlfriend behind your back .... jeez!
sorry man. It wasn't because I was annoyed. I was just a bit lost for words :lol::lol:

Selective moral outrage. There are so many things we don't need to live. Unless you live in the woods eating nuts and berries and wearing moss, you are knowingly or unknowingly making consumption choices that are less than 100% morally virtuous. It's just a fact of life living in a Western society.

Do you have an iPhone? It's probably made by a Chinese guy who wants to throw himself out of the window, but would be caught by Apple's suicide nets.
Do you wear clothes? It's probably stitched together by a 11 year old Indonesian kid in a sweatshop, or at the very least by a company that burns their leftover stock because it is the cheapest way to get rid of it.
Do you travel by car or plane? It's destroying the planet for future generations and killing off entire species.
Do you buy stuff from Amazon? Their employees are denied bathroom breaks and on occasion have worked themselves to death.

For whatever reason you just choose to focus on the consumption of animal protein. There is no equivalence to mistreating an animal you have chosen to have a family pet.

This is not a thread which shows Caf in good light. But it just reflects society in general. People without "pets" will never understand love and bond which people who have "pets", have with them. They are not pets for us. They are family members for who we will do everything.

"Just a little kick", "you eat meat", "little fine and that is it".......pathetic posts from some of you.

Edit: when my daughter was born, some people around me asked me dead serious; "Will you now throw out your cats?". Like they are some things who you just throw in trash. That is our society
Some people lack basic empathy which is really scary.

I cried like a little girl when I lost my cat over 3 years ago due to kidney failure and still can’t get over it!

Pets are your best friends and should be treated as such. Kicking, slapping or any other form of abuse of defenceless pet for your own amusement is just pure evil.

I cried like a little girl when I lost my cat over 3 years ago due to kidney failure and still can’t get over it!

Pets are your best friends and should be treated as such. Kicking, slapping or any other form of abuse of defenceless pet for your own amusement is just pure evil.
Agreed. It takes a special level of scumbag to abuse something that depends upon them and can't defend itself from them. Zouma shown his true colors with this one the Neanderthal thug.

Completely agree, I got my little fella about a year ago from the shelter he’s about 9-10 years old and he’s settled in wonderfully and I love the boy so much. If anything were to happen to him I’d be in absolute bits.

I still can't hear a song "Chasing butterflies". At the moment when i hear that song tears come and i remember in what emotional mess i was year ago when i was forced to put to sleep my dying cat. Me and my wife, two people in 40s, cried for days. We still miss that yellow bastard....:(
And then i read what some complete pricks write on this thread.......i should have kept this thread on ignore.

Inappropriate Behavior
:lol: This is such an overreaction.

Have I missed something or do we not still live in a society that's willing to slaughter animals because they taste good?

Should Moyes only start vegans in his team?
The same society that hits horses in races many people attend to bet on also. You will never see this sort of outrage there.

What zouma did was terrible but the reaction he is receiving is as a result of him being black.

The same society that hits horses in races many people attend to bet on also. You will never see this sort of outrage there.

What zouma did was terrible but the reaction he is receiving is as a result of him being black.
:lol:

Oh come on...making this about race?! Really?! You remember the outcry over the video of that white woman tossing a cat in a wheelie bin right?

I wonder how many of West Ham’s sponsors are monitoring this situation and considering pulling out based on how the club have handled this?

Oh my god this is an awful take.

No it’s because he kicked a defenceless animal you idiot.

Oh my god this is an awful take.

No it’s because he kicked a defenceless animal you idiot.
absolutely 100% that is an idiotic postyou replied to. Also an insult for people who have actually been subject to racisim who didn't deserve it too.

Western society loves pets more than they do poor or black people. Take his cats away and give him a fine. Anything else is overkill.
You damn right. Reactions says it all, their relationship with those pets is suspicious in my opinion. :D

WTF has happened to this thread. I think it should be locked for a while until brain cells have been restored in some of the posters :wenger:

You damn right. They are very selective with public outrage.

I don't understand how what @KennyBurner said is so controversial that it should be marked as inappropriate.

There is no question that Western society, especially affluent white people seem to a) value the lives of domesticated animals more than a random human being b) tend to have more critical responses toward mistakes by black people. My family is West African, grew up poor, and never understood the concept of owning pets, so for them, the outrage is weirder than the misdeed. I know older black people in America who hate dogs because they were weaponized by the police in poor black communities. This is a more nuanced subject than just finger pointing.

Not that it matters but I think what Zouma did is shitty and I personally like pets but the posters engaging in whataboutism with regards to race shouldn't be grounds for banning. Thoughts like these are simply the reality of being a person of color in Western society.

This is the vibe I'm seeing from black UK twitter.
In the US it was the same with Michael Vick, but it's impossible to get non-black people to understand this point of view.