Kieran McKenna | Close to signing long term deal to stay at Ipswich

He's also odds on favourite for the United job.
And City were huge odds on favourite to win the cup. Didn't do much for them. Gambling odds are not reality.

And there is no proof that Chelsea ever were considering him. That's the power of rumors. I was being considered for Barca manager. They are no longer considering me. Yippee!

It's not really on McKenna that Brighton job/model is on the verge of collapsing they cant keep selling their best players and getting away with it they've lost too much quality and haven't replaced it well enough. Di Zerbi did a decent job anyone following will struggle in my opinion

I've got Brighton down as a relegation candidate next season
Dear God. ETH in then :nervous:
Is this a joke?
Southgate is where I draw the line too and I'm ardently Ten Hag out.
Noooooooo

This has to be a wind up…has to be!
Zero chance of this happening. United's first pre season friendly is a day after the final and 5 days after the semis.

Hehe just a bit of fun I actually have no idea who it will be educated guess points to Mckenna or Tuchel

I gotta love our fan base.

On one hand ETH who reached the CL semi-final and won the Eredevise 3 times in row wasn't ready because the step up was too big.

And yet, McKenna who only had 1 season in the championship is ready to step up

You just can't make it up.

And thank you Brighton for ending the speculation

My impression at the time was that we were pretty unanimous in wanting ETH, despite experts pushing their Poch agenda. Never had the same feeling with either LvG or Mou.

And there is no proof that Chelsea ever were considering him. That's the power of rumors. I was being considered for Barca manager. They are no longer considering me. Yippee!
A lot of credible sources reported their interest. David Ornstein is one of the better reporters in football so if he was acknowledging their interest, it was likely genuine.

I don’t think Brighton are in particularly great shape - they seem to be going backwards and their squad getting far worse - and I’m not convinced there’s a massive upside going there. Unless we do offer him the job I’d stay where I am - he has nothing to lose and if he does keep Ipswich up he’ll be a total miracle worker.

Pep and Xavi were products of respective teams so they knew exactly the pressure that comes with the job. They also were hired to play the "Barca way".

Zidane was an interim coach that exceeded all expectations.

United is much harder assignment simply for the pressure a manager has to face. Now if you were to say that Carrick should have a shot, I would agree, simply because he "grew up" at our club. He knows the pressure the managers face here. And unlike McKenna, I think he has the authority and respect of the dressing room
United managers face the least amount of pressure. Our fanbase hates booing managers.

I can't believe you're saying that. Our fanbase still wants Ten Hag, and he just guided us to 8th with performances that deserve 15th place, that also has -1 goal difference.

Pressure? It's a myth.

And your last comment is just bizarre. Carrick? The guy who did worse than McKenna, and who has less coaching experience than McKenna? The very definition of nepotism. This "played for the club so knows the pressure that is transferable to managing" take makes no sense. McKenna was an assistant for United anyways, but that doesn't count because he didn't play for United. What about managers that didn't manage United, which has so much pressure as you said? It's impossible for them to know the pressure because they never played for United or a club equivalent to it, until they got the job.

Apart from Ornstein the most reputable journo in the country and a few other very highly regarded Chelsea linked journos all reporting it.

If INEOS sack ETH for Southgate then it is confirmed that they have zero knowledge about football, feckin hell!

If they would like to play defensive rigid football then they can feck off.

What is the point getting in "best in class directors" if they go for the worst choice possible. :lol:
I was joking

Others have reported it more in the vein that he stepped away from consideration.

That's ties in with the theory that Chelsea leaked it thought, doesn't it?

Chelsea approached McKenna who told Chelsea "not interested, I'm going to Man United". Chelsea then told the press as a "feck you". I can't see how else Chelsea would know unless McKenna blabbed.

I don't think that actually happened, just that it's the only way Chelsea could have been in a position to know Hag was getting the shaft.

I think McKenna would be mad to leave Ipswich. But I think appointing Southgate would be the worst decision Jim could make. And I think it's the most likely if Southgate leaves England. But I don't see Southgate leaving England.

Does indicate (to me) that he thinks United will offer him the job.

Wonder if they’ll be white smoke later today at some point.

If he goes Brighton and we give ETH one more season that is best for everyone. We can get McKenna next season if ETH doesn't work out and McKenna is adapting well to the PL.

As much as that would be an incredibly convenient scenario for us, I don't expect McKenna or any manager to subordinate himself like that for us, or any club. They need to think about their own career first and foremost, and not switch clubs based on "maybe United will want me in 12 months" IMO.

Early reports stated that McKenna was open to taking the Chelsea job so personally I don't see him turning them down for Brighton.

Does indicate (to me) that he thinks United will offer him the job.

Wonder if they’ll be white smoke later today at some point.

So far, Tuchel has turned down Bayern renewal because he has been promised the United job, McKenna has turned down Chelsea because he has been promised the United job, Thomas Frank has turneddown the UK Prime Minister spot () so he must have been promised the United job, and Ten Hag is still having daily chats with Wilcox planning next season of his project.

Somebody here must be lying!

So far, Tuchel has turned down Bayern renewal because he has been promised the United job, McKenna has turned down Chelsea because he has been promised the United job, Thomas Frank has turneddown the UK Prime Minister spot () so he must have been promised the United job, and Ten Hag is still having daily chats with Wilcox planning next season of his project.

Somebody here must be lying!

Difference is that United seemingly had to act pretty rapidly to stop McKenna from going to Chelsea so I'm inclined to think that is the plan.

As much as that would be an incredibly convenient scenario for us, I don't expect McKenna or any manager to subordinate himself like that for us, or any club. They need to think about their own career first and foremost, and not switch clubs based on "maybe United will want me in 12 months" IMO.
Yes it’s very arrogant of us to assume that