Karim Benzema

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shame.

But as somebody already said, if the likes of Aulas at Lyon let things wrap themselves up so quickly, it might be due to the fact that no one else was in it for him. Not least us, who appears to be desperately adding attacking talents to replace Ronaldo and Tevez.

Shame.

But as somebody already said, if the likes of Aulas at Lyon let things wrap themselves up so quickly, it might be due to the fact that no one else was in it for him. Not least us, who appears to be desperately adding attacking talents to replace Ronaldo and Tevez.

:confused:

We've made one signing fecktard. Sir Alex doesn't panic buy.

Funny the way Madrid can sign a player for 36 million - increasing to 42 - and it suddenly gets down-graded to 30 but when we signed Hargreaves and Carrick, every cnut on here who didn't rate them only ever quoted the maximum possible fee.

good post

Funny the way Madrid can sign a player for 36 million - increasing to 42 - and it suddenly gets down-graded to 30 but when we signed Hargreaves and Carrick, every cnut on here who didn't rate them only ever quoted the maximum possible fee.

I noticed that. Typical.

I had not seen enough of Benzema to know if he would have been a good addition to United. Scoring goals in the French league is not the same as scoring goals in the Premier. But I think it is a shame that United lost out on the chance to see if Benzema could be the same player in the Premier as he was in France.

Where all these offensive players are going to play at Real Madrid, especially if Ribery ends up there as well?

I am starting to fear there will not be a big name addition to United this year with Ribery wanting to go to Spain and Villa wanting to stay there. Sergio Aguero maybe the only big name left that United have a shot at.

There seems to be a major movement of players to Spain and I wonder how much the increase in the tax rate in England as opposed to the low rate in Spain is effecting the decisions?

Exactly all my sisters husband ever tells me is we wasted £18m on Nani and Anderson and when i tell him its not the full figure he says "yes it is i know..." Hes a Asnl fan how the feck does he know? I suppose he has to so he can bleed on about how cheap his team is...

:confused:

We've made one signing fecktard. Sir Alex doesn't panic buy.

Sorry, but yes he does. Lets not remind us of the terrible transfer panic of Kleberson and Djemba Djemba after all the talent that year got taken early in the window. We got left with the scraps.

Sir Alex is a gem of a manager, but he does occassionally get things wrong. That summer window was a disaster (thank god we got Ronnie that window.

I'm just relieved it's all over so quickly. Would have been far worse if Aulas had dragged this out for weeks and the result had ended the same. Can you imagine how insane this thread would have gotten?

We're not going for Aguero so whoever we end up buying next (if we buy someone) will be lower profile and won't generate the same levels of muppetry. It'll be as low key as the Valencia transfer turned out to be.

I don't care anymore...If Benzema wants to join Madrid over us, fine...To Benz: Don't come to the CAF and whine because you don't get any better or gets enough play time in Madrid...

Shame indeed...He could have been awesome at OT. Another talent wasted by Madrid!

I cannot see where bringing in every big name on the market is going to create the type of chemistry that is needed for success at Real. Not at least when every one of them will be fighting to be the "main man" or so to speak.

They very might well turn into an undefeatable juggernaut, but I think there is also a respectable possibility that this summers signings by them could turn into the most outlandish and biggest failures in transfer history.

The pressure is on for them to produce and that's a facht.

Sorry, but yes he does. Lets not remind us of the terrible transfer panic of Kleberson and Djemba Djemba after all the talent that year got taken early in the window. We got left with the scraps.

Sir Alex is a gem of a manager, but he does occassionally get things wrong. That summer window was a disaster (thank god we got Ronnie that window.

You've just contradicted yourself.

ITK's (Sid Lowe) in Spain claim that a deal has been reached and it'll be announced soon by Real and Lyon for Benzema. The final 2 signings earmarked by Real are Arbeloa and Xabi Alonso, at least one of which is expendable. There would be no problems if they miss out on any one of them, but they are definitely signing one of them.

Sid Lowe is getting married today in Mallorca, and his brother texted me this information from his phone. (He works with me for my client).

Interesting piece of news is that Arjen Robben has been offered to United and he is willing to play left flank and the transfer money is said to be a steal. United, last reported appeared to be keen on the deal.

I'm a man full of sources and only ones who reveals my sources. :D

If i'd have done this for RAWK, I'd be officially known as a guy with serious connections in the club :mad:

A bit disappointed that we haven't signed Benzema (for whatever reason), as I think he would have brought something to our squad, but I'm confident Ferguson will get it right and sign the right player.

It has been enjoyable in this thread today, seeing people's emotions turn from one rehashed story to the next.

Nice. If we buy a young lower profile player now, and he ends up half as good as Ronaldo then we'll all be delighted.
Apparently players who don't cost 30m+ have no talent and are "scraps".

2003:
David Bellion
Eric Djemba-Djemba
Tim Howard
Cristiano Ronaldo
Kleberson

1 out of 5 was a success, the others were sold off within 3 years. Personally i'd say that was pretty awful panic buying. But that was 1 year, he's been on the ball since which is the main thing. He certainly did panic buy that year though, espically after getting rid of Veron and Beckham.

I don't care anymore...If Benzema wants to join Madrid over us, fine...To Benz: Don't come to the CAF and whine because you don't get any better or gets enough play time in Madrid...

Shame indeed...He could have been awesome at OT. Another talent wasted by Madrid!

so you can predict the future

We're not going for Aguero so whoever we end up buying next (if we buy someone) will be lower profile and won't generate the same levels of muppetry. It'll be as low key as the Valencia transfer turned out to be.

Possible. I have a theory - we could be using the Ronaldo cash to finance a stadium expansion.

219dklw.gif

Does anybody know for a fact that we were seriously interested or did we just get carried away with the fact that we might be,certainly it would seem only one club bid

Can't understand all the soul searching and analysis about why he didn't sign for United.

I can't remember one statement from him about wanting to join us, he's always said he'd prefer Spain. Once Real realised they weren't going to get Villa, then Benzema was always likely to be the next willing target.

From Benzema's point of view - he's joining the New Galacticos, he'll be playing with two of the three World's best players, he'll be getting well paid (and taxed less than in the UK) and he'll have Zidane in the backroom staff. What could United entice him with?

And he's French.

So... No chance for us to put in a £38 million bid? I'm actually rather gutted. We sell Ronaldo to Madrid and then they bu
y our supposed main replacement target.

So... No chance for us to put in a £38 million? I'm actually rather gutted. We sell Ronaldo to Madrid and then they buy our our supposed main replacement target.

But was he?None of us know whether or not he was our main target,we didnt bid at all it would seem

Possible. I have a theory - we could be using the Ronaldo cash to finance a stadium expansion.

I like your thinking. Bricks and mortar will be around a lot longer than any single footballer. But I don't think it would satisfy the restless natives around here.

I think if Fergie could get one surprise young talent, Ozil maybe, then that would give the dreamers something to cling to.

Can we put in A cheeky bid in for Higuan, he must be pissed, especially if they buy Ribery, he's just as good as Benzema, but he must feel like Nistelrooy and Hunterlaar just now.

But was he?None of us know whether or not he was our main target,we didnt bid at all it would seem

All quite true. If you believe everything the newspapers say then Arsenal were bidding for him. But I doubt Arsenal fans are throwing themselves off a cliff at the moment.

Don't know how much this is true.

Apparently, the minds inside Old Trafford think that we are going to play 4-5-1 (with a midfield diamond) and Fergie needs pacy players to stretch the defences as by nature, the formation provides very less width.

I don't think we'll be signing a lot more strikers.

Don't know how much this is true.

Apparently, the minds inside Old Trafford think that we are going to play 4-5-1 (with a midfield diamond) and Fergie needs pacy players to stretch the defences as by nature, the formation provides very less width.

I don't think we'll be signing a lot more strikers.

Sorry I could well be not thinking logically, but how does a 4-5-1 work when you have a midfield diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies.