Karim Benzema

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lyons deny they have sold Benzema
Lyons have denied they are on the brink of selling Karim Benzema to Real Madrid but say they have received a large offer for the forward, who is a Manchester United target. Reports in the Spanish media today claimed that a move to the Bernabeu for the 21-year-old forward was virtually a done deal and that Lyons had accepted an increased offer of €35 million (around £30m). However, the French club's director of communications said that they have not concluded a deal with anyone. “We certainly did receive an offer of a sum appreciably superior to the sum that has been mentioned, but nothing says that it comes from Real,” Olivier Blanc told L’Equipe. “There is no agreement with anyone.”
Staff reporter, The Times

:lol: Where have you been all day?

Lyons deny they have sold Benzema
Lyons have denied they are on the brink of selling Karim Benzema to Real Madrid but say they have received a large offer for the forward, who is a Manchester United target. Reports in the Spanish media today claimed that a move to the Bernabeu for the 21-year-old forward was virtually a done deal and that Lyons had accepted an increased offer of €35 million (around £30m). However, the French club's director of communications said that they have not concluded a deal with anyone. “We certainly did receive an offer of a sum appreciably superior to the sum that has been mentioned, but nothing says that it comes from Real,” Olivier Blanc told L’Equipe. “There is no agreement with anyone.”
Staff reporter, The Times

this was earleir today before the announcement about him moving to madrid. Disappointed as he was an ideal striekr for us but LET'S MOVE ON.

I hope we dont spend ridiculous money on aguero...he's good but he is not a big goalscorer or a physical presence whcih is both what we need.

That Scottish SSN presenter goes way over the top.Still talking as if it's breaking news.

SSN reporting Benzema has agreed a 6 year contract.

Deal done.

He told Lyon he'd rather go to Madrid over us. Good to know we still atract the big names.

Not Impossible

Our name was definately used to bring Madrid out of the woodwork. Maybe they were after Villa and panick buyed Benzema because they thought they may lose out to both targets.

I really hope Fergus has a Plan. maybe an overhaul like 1992, with player like Macheda, Wellbeck, Petrucci and others getting more chances.

We need Anderson and Nani to step up.

Funny report from Football365. I guess they couldn't want for a Translator.

According to the French club, it has been agreed that Benzema will be sold for a fee of 35 million euros.

The French forward had been linked with Manchester United, but big-spending Real - who have already captured Kaka and Cristiano Ronaldo in record deals this summer - have won the race.

In a statement, the club declared: 'L'Olympique Lyonnais informe d'un accord avec le Real Madrid sur les modalités d'un transfert de son attaquant international Karim BENZEMA pour un montant net minimum de 35 M€ auxquels pourront s'ajouter différents bonus liés aux performances sportives, permettant d'atteindre un montant maximum de transfert de 41 M€ net.'

We can't speak French but even we can get the gist.

If, however, you do speak French then you might also like to know that:

'Il y a quelques jours, Karim BENZEMA a informé le Page Rankingésident Jean Michel AULAS de son souhait de rejoindre plus rapidement qu'il ne l'avait envisagé initialement le club madrilène qui a toujours eu sa Page Rankingéférence après l'O.L.

'Le joueur a souhaité saisir ainsi l'opportunité que lui offrait le Real Madrid d'être l'un des éléments majeurs de sa nouvelle politique ambitieuse autour de certains des plus grands joueurs mondiaux.'

Quite.

Dont think SAFs mind works that way ,he just never seriously tried to buy him,he is on top of things and knows who he wants,patience

Maybe. I hope so.

I'm quite gutted to be honest - I think Benzema could have developed into a frightening centre forward with us. I'm struggling to think of a single prospect of around Benzema's age that Madrid have brought and managed to bring the very best out of on a consistent basis. Their current squad is littered with seemingly aborted attempts at doing that - Robben, Snjeider, Hunterlaar, Van der Vaart, Saviola etc...

United, on the other hand, have a long history of developing young talent to achieve it's potential, Rooney and Ronaldo being the most recent and best examples.

Therefore, I just don't get why Benzema, at his age, would choose to entrust his long term future as a player to Madrid. They may have spent big, but their plan seems as crass and superficial as every other short lived attempt they've made to achieve success in recent times.

It really is a shame for us though. Benzema would have complemented either Berbatov or Rooney - a good partner for either, giving us so many options.

Maybe. I hope so.

I'm quite gutted to be honest - I think Benzema could have developed into a frightening centre forward with us. I'm struggling to think of a single prospect of around Benzema's age that Madrid have brought and managed to bring the very best out of on a consistent basis. United, on the other hand, have a long history of developing young talent to achieve it's potential, Rooney and Ronaldo being the most recent and best examples.

Therefore, I just don't get why Benzema would choose to entrust his long term future as a player to Madrid. They may have spent big, but their plan seems as crass and superficial as every short lived attempt they've made to achieve success in recent times.

It really is a shame for us though. Benzema would have complemented either Berbatov or Rooney - a good partner for either, giving us so many options.

I bet SAF thinks different, and he will be right as usual.

We've been linked with him for a few years now. No way was all this a mind trick by Fergie. With what we have I don't think we can afford not to get a striker. Macheda did well in a few games but disappeared in the others he didn't score in; I don't want a striker leading us who's going to be fading in and out due to experience. Danny appears to be used more as a support player especially on the wing, can't see him leading us.

It's suicide going into a season with only two strikers, one of which failed to impress last season. And we all know Rooney blows hot and cold.

A striker is still and has to be our main priority. Our midfield has depth, our strikers do not.

Disappointing blow. Damn our crap weather and Spain's perfect!!

I bet he wants to grant Rooney his wish to play as main striker, and we are looking at players other than forwards, midfield mainly.

I was under the impression that Rooney's favourite position is as the man behind a front striker (for which Benzema would've been ideal).

We have 64 million to spend and still couldnt get Benzema??? We overspend on players left and right yet we couldnt drop 35 or 40 on a player who is probably actually worth it??

We have 64 million to spend and still couldnt get Benzema??? We overspend on players left and right yet we couldnt drop 35 or 40 on a player who is probably actually worth it??

The player said he wants to play for Madrid and not us.

Even if we made a huge bid, he was always going to sign for them.

I don't know whether it was the money or not, maybe he had the choice and he picked Madrid. It feels like that summer Shearer decided to join Newcastle instead of us. That was his mistake, this is Benzemas.

I hear Man City have an unlimited budget and are looking for new fans.

The only rational explanation is that Benzema chose Real over us. No ones at fault there its just his choice...

Status
Not open for further replies.