Karim Benzema

Status
Not open for further replies.
if Madrid do get it will be incompetence on Fergie's part we should have had a gentleman's agreement when we sold Ronnie. FFS we had a year to find our targets.

Here we go.

Sack Fergie, Sell Giggs.

Lyon have received a big-money offer for Karim Benzema but insist there is no agreement with Real Madrid or any other club for the forward.

Has anything changed since this was posted on Sky's website??

don't think so

No, I was delighted about Rooney.

And yes, I obviously want us to buy players. The right players, who complement what we have at any given time.

And I am not desperate, as I realise that we have a fantastic squad already.

I think that's a lie.

Like who?

I agree, we're thin up front though.

if Madrid do get it will be incompetence on Fergie's part we should have had a gentleman's agreement when we sold Ronnie. FFS we had a year to find our targets.

I agree. Sir Alex is clearly incompetent when it comes to football, teams, players and transfers.

Found this on Lyon's biggest forum:

"BENZEMA : SON AGENT DEMENT AUSSI. Selon l'agent du joueur, Karim Benzema n'a encore pas signé au Real Madrid. "Il ne s'est pas engagé", a affirmé ce dernier alors que Marca et la radio Cadena Ser annoncent depuis ce matin la signature de l'attaquant international de Lyon chez les Merengue."
My translation programme says it means Benzema's agent denies there is an agreement in place. No idea if this is true, source of this quotes is apparently Yahoo (:lol:).

I think that's a lie.

Like who?

I agree, we're thin up front though.

Nah, I was excited about Rooney, like few other United signings.

Who what?

We're thin up-front unless Welbeck and/or Macheda does not grab their chances. However, irrelevant I reckon, because I think United will buy aother striker.

This is ridiculous now. It's been rumbling on for almost a whole day, why hasn't this been sorted yet? feck!!

I agree. Sir Alex is clearly incompetent when it comes to football, teams, players and transfers.

Damn it, if he'd gone ahead with retirement back in 2002 we'd have had Sven buying all the players. He'd have convinced Torres, Kaka and Benzema to join us :(

:lol: Bloody hell, i get my lunch and come back and this thread is steamrolling even thought theres little news.

Truly muppet madness going on here.

He's not perfect, although most people on here think he is :nono:

Far from perfect. Far from icompetent.

There's a huge gap between those two.

Few, if anyone, knows more about football, football management and how to build a good team and squad than Sir Alex Ferguson, actually.

Quite a few on here would be surprised about that though.

Found this on Lyon's biggest forum:

My translation programme says it means Benzema's agent denies there is an agreement in place. No idea if this is true, source of this quotes is apparently Yahoo (:lol:).

A lot of really high-profile players have more than one agent these days, sometimes one for each major league. It's the second most important factor in Adebayor coming across as such a cock last summer (the most important factor being that he is, in fact, a cock)

I think that's why it's possible to get such contradicting claimes and counter-claims surrounding big-money transfers. Lots of pigs with their snouts in the trough and all snorting their little heads off.

A lot of really high-profile players have more than one agent these days, sometimes one for each major league. It's the second most important factor in Adebayor coming across as such a cock last summer (the most important factor being that he is, in fact, a cock)

I think that's why it's possible to get such contradicting claimes and counter-claims surrounding big-money transfers. Lots of pigs with their snouts in the trough and all snorting their little heads off.

That's true. We should have a stickied thread with advice on transfer rumours e.g.

1) your point above

2) All papers lie, but the Daily Star don't even bother to make theirs look plausible

3) Ignore quotes on amateur Bosnian websites. Quotes can easily be planted.

4) When they agree to join a club nearly all players claim they turned down huge offers from elsewhere to join that club. This is mandatory for Liverpool players.

5) Sky Sports News and the BBC are no more reliable than Marca etc.

nicely phrased.

only if he signs for madrid - else it's an opportunity :)

the fact is, the false statements are clearly effecting the odds therefore the odds themselves mean nothing much as no one knows which quotes are real, if any...

It's one big fat mess basically

In regards to this:

"And yes, I obviously want us to buy players. The right players, who complement what we have at any given time."

Feck knows. There are plenty of players that I wouldn't mind seeing in a United shirt, but we only need one or two players.

The only thing irritating me now is Valdano coming out this morning saying something like 'a deal might be in place today' without mentioning the player's name... otherwise I'd say it's pretty obvious Aulas and Benzema's agent are trying to start a bidding war.
I'd laugh my ass off if Real 'only' sign e.g. Arbeloa today.

I hope he signs for Madrid, dont fancy paying the quoted fees for him. It'll make even more hilarious if Madrid dont win anything next season too.

No sources named, so could be complete bollocks, is likely to be that Phillippe Auclair that they talk to from France Football.

Talksport are claiming their source says that United have made an official bid to Lyon for Benzema, and so far are the only club to have done so.

As I say, not particularly reliable, but thought some people in here might be interested

The only thing irritating me now is Valdano coming out this morning saying something like 'a deal might be in place today' without mentioning the player's name... otherwise I'd say it's pretty obvious Aulas and Benzema's agent are trying to start a bidding war.
I'd laugh my ass off if Real 'only' sign e.g. Arbeloa today.

Real signed Cristiano Ronaldo today.

No sources named, so could be complete bollocks, is likely to be that Phillippe Auclair that they talk to from France Football.

Talksport are claiming their source says that United have made an official bid to Lyon for Benzema, and so far are the only club to have done so.

As I say, not particularly reliable, but thought some people in here might be interested

This ties in with Lyon saying they had received a massive offer and that it wasn't from Real.

Well yeah, the best players in the world play in Spain.

That Spanish league is back on top. Shite eh...

Ferdinand
Rooney
Torres
Gerrard
Drogba
Fabregas
Essien
Ibrahimovic
Buffon

Just a bunch of players who are among the best in the world.

Last time I checked, none of them played in Spain.

Status
Not open for further replies.