Karim Benzema

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update;

12.34 Lyon have received a big-money offer for Karim Benzema but insist there is no agreement with Real Madrid or any other club for the forward. The plot thickens...

Guess we could still be in with a shout then!! :D

Not much between them

Nani equals Babel.
Valencia equals Riera
and Park equals Kuyt/Benayoun.

He's talking about Real Madrid tbf.

They have got great wingers, attacking midfielders and (potentially) strikers. But the rest of their squad is worse than ours. If they keep signing fancy galactico attackers and neglect the rest of their squad they're in for another season of under-achievement.

They'll be fun to watch, mind you.

We've got two of the most talented wingers in the world. Valencia clearly has all the attributes needed to be class and Nani also has the potential. Not to menton Ljajic (Who's also very highly rated) and Tosic. We have priceless experience in park. They have Ronaldo and a very very injury prone and self fish robben (who they want to offload). Liverpool's wingers are non existent.
Plus they have Kaka, Snijder (sp), Van Der Vaart all attacking from midfield. And they're trying to tie up Ribery also.

I'm talking about Madrid's, mate.

I don't really rate Liverpool's wingers at all.

Real had better players overall than Pool this year and they were shattered and battered big time. Their defence remains shit on a stick, Diarra goes in the same bracket. No protection for the back four whatsoever. They have big names up front but remember haw they dominated European football when they bought Zidane, Beckam, Ronaldo, etc...

That team they are building needs to gel together, and from what I have seen, if they don't sign proper defenders, they are going to have an early CL exit again.

He's talking about Real Madrid tbf.

They have got great wingers, attacking midfielders and (potentially) strikers. But the rest of their squad is worse than ours. If they keep signing fancy galactico attackers and neglect the rest of their squad they're in for another season of under-achievement.

They'll be fun to watch, mind you.
Surely they will eventually turn there sights on strenghtening their defence in the summer.

I'm more interested in us strengthening our midfield and attack however.

Plus they have Kaka, Snijder (sp), Van Der Vaart all attacking from midfield. And they're trying to tie up Ribery also.

Kaka's not a winger though. Sneijder and Van Der Vaart are also reported to be on their way out. Bayern's last statement suggests that they haven't got a hope of signing Ribery. Who do they have that will track back and give protection to their hopeless fullbacks (granted ramos is good at going forward)?

A team needs balance, they just don't have it. Their squad last season minus Ronaldo and Kaka were absolutely dreadful, attrocious even. Ronaldo and Kaka won't improve them defensively and get them playing more as a team.

Mate lay off FM;)

Real had better players overall than Pool this year and they were shattered and battered big time.

I disagree completely. Real have been spending crazy money on average injury prone players these last few years. I think the Liverpool squad was stronger than them in every department last year!!

Real will probably still get him but i know there was something fishy about €35M and the deal being doen so quickly

I don't really get you then.You just said the club should do something that is impossible

No, I stated my personal preferrence and questioned why United fans want a player who will jump at the chance of joining Real Madrid as soon as he gets this chance.

Surely they will eventually turn there sights on strenghtening their defence in the summer.

I'm more interested in us strengthening our midfield and attack however.

Why are you so confident that Madrid will eventually sort out their problems in defence and midfield but so worried about United not signing anyone in midfield and attack yet?

Our squad needs less work than theirs, we can afford to take our time and focus on the one or two key signings we need, without getting into a bidding war with the Spanish government.

Real in Tony Hibbert Shock

Real Madrid president, Florentino Perez, has confirmed that his club are weighing up a shock bid for Everton full-back Tonmy Hibbert.

"Yeah, we didn't really do the maths I'm afraid." said the Galactico's supremo. "We signed Kaka, Ronaldo, we've set some aside money aside for Benzema as well. Only problem is we forgot about the defence. Its fair to say we got a bit carried away.

We think Hibbert is a cost effective solution to our evident defensive problems, and we will be speaking to Everton in due course. We value our relationship with Everton, they are dear friends of ours, and this is why we are going to conduct ourselves in the correct manner."

Perez was heard to mutter as he left the company of the press, "Even if I have to drag him here myself after killing David Moyes, we'll sign the fecker"

Everton are yet to comment.

The above may or may not be true.

I think if Benzemas agent has come out and said that he is joining Madrid then I think he will defintely sign for Madrid!!!

Kaka's not a winger though. Sneijder and Van Der Vaart are also reported to be on their way out. Bayern's last statement suggests that they haven't got a hope of signing Ribery. Who do they have that will track back and give protection to their hopeless fullbacks (granted ramos is good at going forward)?

A team needs balance, they just don't have it. Their squad last season minus Ronaldo and Kaka were absolutely dreadful, attrocious even. Ronaldo and Kaka won't improve them defensively and get them playing more as a team.

Mate lay off FM;)
FM drives me insane so I stay away :lol:

You're right though, but you cannot deny the quality they have now and the ability to attract a player - that's what's concerning me about us.

Time will tell if they are to do well or not. Bunch of cnuts.

I think if Benzemas agent has come out and said that he is joining Madrid then I think he will defintely sign for Madrid!!!

This.

On a professional note, I don't really think you can get the best out of Ronaldo with a dominant striker. And that's what Real are buying right now.

You've gotta think though that they really are building themselves a monster of a group of players. It will most likely work out well for them unfortunately!

A group of self-indulged primadonnas.

They've done this before. It didn't work out then, I don't think it will work out in the long run this time either.

Why are you so confident that Madrid will eventually sort out their problems in defence and midfield but so worried about United not signing anyone in midfield and attack yet?

Because Madrid have no problems identifying a player they want, and doing all they can to get him.

Our squad needs less work than theirs
Thats debatable. Right now, they have the better squad.

yeah but apparently everyones coming out and then it gets denied....we still don't see lyon anywhere saying they've accepted a bid.

This is more exciting than a Champions League final.

This year's final anyway.

There seems to be less hope than last night, but more hope than just a few hours ago.

I personally have a good feeling.

They've done this before. It didn't work out then, I don't think it will work out in the long run this time either.

But they dont care about the long run. Short term will please them.

Benzema has gone from being 4/9 to sign for us to being 1/7 to sign for Madrid in the space of a few hours.
Does not look good tbh :nervous:

people are just reacting to the media. It's not like people know something

My question is : how can Madrid buy him for only E35M ? If they had made such an offer, wouldn't have Ferguson made a better offer (E40M or E45M) ? Aulas is usually a greedy bastard, i'd be shocked if the best payer he ever had to sell was sold for that fee.

Their character and ethics are questionable, plus in football it's about balance, and so far, they dont have that imo. So we'll see.

Then again, Benzema would have been a great signing with lots of potential, but there you go... I wouldnt mind sticking with Macheda or Welbeck

well he is back from his hols tomorrow, so any interest will be put forward on, or after July 2.

If he agrees to go, then we should try out best for him.

Because Madrid have no problems identifying a player they want, and doing all they can to get him.

Thats debatable. Right now, they have the better squad.

No, no they don't. I thought that had been cleared up in the last few posts in this thread. We have a better-balanced, more well-rounded squad that only needs a couple of signings to be perfect. Their squad still needs a major overhaul.

Honestly, you need to chill out and stop getting all feared up about fecking Real Madrid. They do this shit every few years and it doesn't always work out for the best. They're able to spend crazy money because they can take out insane loans with basically a government guarantee that they need never be paid back. When they're going on tilt like this, the only thing MUFC can do is sit back and wait until after they've blown their wad. We've still got fecking ages to sign the one or two players we need, without getting into a daft bidding war with an entire nation.

Status
Not open for further replies.