Karim Benzema

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can people stop posting fake shite on here please, it was funny the first time, now its just making some of the lads ejactulate prematurely...thus ruining the 'fireworks' which are due to go off around the world when/if he does actually sign...

Thanks.

Messi
Iniesta
Xavi
Henry
Eto'o
Villa
Aguero
Ronaldo
Kaka
Casillas

The list goes on.

Real Madrid have bought the best player in the Italian league, the best player in the English League, the best player in the french league (if the media are correct), and possibly the best player in the German league (if they bid enough).

That says it all imo.

You said the best players in the world play in Spain. Making it sound like all the best players play in Spain.

Real Madrid has not bought Ibrahimovic, who has been the best player in Italy for the last couple of seasons.

They have bought bought one of the many great players playing in England.

Being "the best" is reason enough to support someone?

Actually, come to think of it, I reckon there's a fair proportion of redcafe who feel the same way....

Mate, you don't know me so don't presume to judge me

I wrote I care because you nonchalantly asked who cares.

And please try to explain how you as a fellow United Supporter like backing the underdogs (and simultaneously seeming to imply the majority of Red Cafe are glory hunters)? Because even when I started supporting them in the 80s United could hardly be called an underdog.

what has been the change in the odds? Has it improved in our favour?

Was Madrid 1/7, United 5/1

Just something else, it wouldn't surprise me if City showed an interest in Benzema, I'd be certain there is no chance they will sign him, but that's not stopped them in the past

What the feck is going on ?

I just read the agent apparently told some "RMC" that he's "all but signed for Madrid"

This thread really has taken off in the last 24 hours

What the feck is going on ?

I just read the agent apparently told some "RMC" that he's "all but signed for Madrid"

This thread really has taken off in the last 24 hours

I've gone from being about 70% sure he'd sign for us last night, to about 99% sure he's going to Madrid today. Thats all thats happened to be honest, all the reports suggest that he's going to Madrid, with no quotes/mention of United except some 'rumoured interest'.

Mate, you don't know me so don't presume to judge me

I wrote I care because you nonchalantly asked who cares.

And please try to explain how you as a fellow United Supporter like backing the underdogs (and simultaneously trying to imply the majority of Red Cafe are glory hunters)? Because even when I started supporting them in the 80s United could hardly be called an underdog.

You pointed out that Federer was a great player, presumably as a reason why you want him to win Wimbledon. I didn't think the fact he is very good at tennis should be a good enough reason for this, hence my question. Maybe you like his style of play? His personality? His back-hand? Whatever. Backing the best in every competition - simply because they're the best - would get kind of boring IMHO.

As for backing the under-dogs, that might just be because I'm Irish. We're always massive under-dogs in any competition we enter so it's my natural inclination to not want to support favourites. I support United for different reasons though. Mainly because my old man supported them but also because they always played exciting, attacking football (even in the relatively dark days of the 80s, when I first got bitten by the bug)

fecks sake Madrid ..

This is really a piss-take this, Ronaldo, admiring Tevez, Vidic and now bidding on Benzema?

I really wish we get them in the Champions league and ending up THRASHING them the feck out.

You pointed out that Federer was a great player, presumably as a reason why you want him to win Wimbledon. I didn't think the fact he is very good at tennis should be a good enough reason for this, hence my question. Maybe you like his style of play? His personality? His back-hand? Whatever. Backing the best in every competition - simply because they're the best - would get kind of boring IMHO.

As for backing the under-dogs, that might just be because I'm Irish. We're always massive under-dogs in any competition we enter so it's my natural inclination to not want to support favourites. I support United for different reasons though. Mainly because my old man supported them but also because they always played exciting, attacking football (even in the relatively dark days of the 80s, when I first got bitten by the bug)

All I said was he's great, that's it. I admire any sportsmen who are at the top of their game

And mate, my family are Pakistani, we're used to being written off in anything

Lads...unless I'm missing something, and Benzema is actually playing Federer at Wimbledon today...take your tennis talk to another forum please. Thanks...

I've gone from being about 70% sure he'd sign for us last night, to about 99% sure he's going to Madrid today. Thats all thats happened to be honest, all the reports suggest that he's going to Madrid, with no quotes/mention of United except some 'rumoured interest'.

Thats kind of how i feel right now. Its a shame because i really do believe he would be an immense addition to our squad. I just wonder if he does sign for Madrid, how the manager will keep all those ego's in tact. I'll certainly be taking a keener interest in spanish football next season nonetheless

:lol: where the hell does Federer get into all of this ? Are we signing him ?

Messi
Iniesta
Xavi
Henry
Eto'o
Villa
Aguero
Ronaldo
Kaka
Casillas

The list goes on.

Real Madrid have bought the best player in the Italian league, the best player in the English League, the best player in the french league (if the media are correct), and possibly the best player in the German league (if they bid enough).

That says it all imo.

Too many high profile cooks, and no one to wash-up afterwards, can see a few Scholes style red cards (players who can't tackle trying to tackle). Very suspectable to the long ball.

Can't imagine anyone would want to bet on where Benzema goes. It's so unpredictable. The odds are jumping around for no reason

I think Real are just playing big dog after being stung by Villa, especially since they feel invincible now after the captures of Ronaldo and Kaka. I'd expect one further development today and it'll be the clue to the deal. Might be blowing steam but had RM not shown up we'd have had him today IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.