Karim Benzema

Status
Not open for further replies.
From The Mail:

Real deal? Lyon deny that Real Madrid have beaten Manchester United to £30m Karim Benzema
By SPORTSMAIL REPORTER
Last updated at 12:33 PM on 01st July 2009

Lyon have denied claims in Spain that Real Madrid have completed the £30million signing of Karim Benzema.

In fact, the French club say they have received a bid far superior to the figure widely quoted by Spanish media.

Manchester United are determined to land the France striker are thought to be prepared to offer closer to £38m.

The websites of Spanish newspapers Marca and AS say the 21-year-old's transfer to the Bernabeu as a done deal, but there has been no official announcement from the Spanish giants and Lyon have moved to quash the reports.

Lyon communications chief Olivier Blanc said the story was 'unfounded' and told respected French newspaper L'Equipe: 'The Marca report is substantially wrong in substance.

'We've received an offer of an amount substantially greater than the amount raised, but not to say that it comes from Real. There is no agreement with anyone.'

Reports said Madrid would confirm Benzema's arrival later on Wednesday or on Thursday. The club's president Florentino Perez warned the next signing would come in a 'day or two' after unveiling new £56m superstar Kaka at the Bernabeu on Tuesday evening.

After completing the £80m signing of Cristiano Ronaldo from Manchester United today and the £12m capture of Raul Albiol from Valencia, the reported outlay on Benzema would take Madrid's summer spending to almost £180m.
Done deal hey?:smirk:

He is a clever guy, but sometimes it isn't down to who he wants to bring in, it is down to which of his targets are seriously aquirable and whether that player wants to play for us.

i.e, if it was down to the player, would he chose us or Madrid, it looks like he prefers a move to Madrid.

As it stands who else is there that can come in for the forward position? No other realistic 'known' targets that I can think of. Villa will stay in Spain, who else is there? No-one in the Premiership....

I just hope United have had another target in the pipeline and we haven't missed out on Benezema, we just haven't made a bid.

I don't know if he was given the alternative between United and Real as nobody knows for sure Manchester bid for him.

However I do think Ferguson will not have entered the one-upmanship with Real Madrid and when he saw them keen to sign the Frenchman he just let go. It makes me optimistic as I think he does have a clear idea of who else he wants to buy.

Also, I don't think Benzema will have the same impact in Spain as he could have had in England. But that doesn't have any importance for us United fans.

this is crazy, now SSN reports that there is no agreement with madrid just half an hour after claiming a deal was struck

Olympique Lyon have now denied any deal with Real Madrid and they added that there's a bid (higher than 35M) made by another club.
Could be United...

This is ridiculous, even Chelsea weren't as bad as Real. The players they bought were at least realistic targets, if expensive and and numerous.

I really hope Barca thrash the bastards next season. As much as their holier-than-thou attitude pisses me off, at least they're run properly and have a core of home grown talent.

Juventus reject you mean? You were insistent on that..

Yes because during his Juventus stay he was doing 1 mistake after another and was replaced by a much better keeper. Stating that I presume you see the difference between VDS and Valencia talent dont you?

Hm, this is going to be amusing either way. Like I'm watching Wimbledon even before the 1/4 started.

Back and forth, Real United, who'll get him. Waheey.

benzinho2.jpg

Anyway the main thing is that he likes both laliga/R.Madrid and PL/United.

LYON have received a big-money offer for Karim Benzema but insist there is no agreement with Real Madrid or any other club for the forward.

The 21-year-old is one of the world’s hottest properties at the moment, with United and Madrid reportedly among those in the to sign him.

Spanish media today claimed that Benzema could soon put pen to paper on a deal at the Bernabeu in the next after Lyon accepted the an increased offer of 35 million euros from Real.

However, Lyon’s director of communications insists they have not agreed to sell the France forward.

“We certainly did receive an offer of a sum appreciably superior to the sum that has been mentioned, but nothing says that it comes from Real,” communications director Olivier Blanc told L’Equipe.

“There is no agreement with anyone.”

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...ter_united/s/1123810_lyon_confirm_benzema_bid

There is still hope!

madrid do not have a better team than us right now. I think a little bit of respect should be shown to the Manchester United players.

:wenger::lol: they've signed two of the hottest players in the world (Kaka, Ronaldo), have a shit loads of talent as it is and are linked with some more world-class signings....whereas we have arguably about umm 4 world class players in the entire squad....sorry to burst your bubble but at this current state, Barca and Madrid have a much better squad than us:

As of 30 June 2009.

1 GK Iker Casillas (vice-captain2)
2 DF Míchel Salgado
3 DF Pepe
4 DF Sergio Ramos
5 MF Fernando Gago
6 MF Lassana Diarra
7 FW Raúl (captain)
8 MF Kaká
10 MF Wesley Sneijder
11 MF Arjen Robben
12 DF Marcelo
14 MF Guti (vice-captain1)
15 MF Royston Drenthe
16 DF Gabriel Heinze
No. Position Player
17 MF Dani Parejo
19 FW Klaas-Jan Huntelaar
20 FW Gonzalo Higuaín
21 DF Christoph Metzelder
22 DF Miguel Torres
23 MF Rafael van der Vaart
24 MF Javi García
25 GK Jerzy Dudek
— MF Cristiano Ronaldo
— MF Mahamadou Diarra
— FW Ruud van Nistelrooy
— DF Ezequiel Garay
— FW Álvaro Negredo
— DF Raúl Albiol

From The Mail:

Real deal? Lyon deny that Real Madrid have beaten Manchester United to £30m Karim Benzema
By SPORTSMAIL REPORTER
Last updated at 12:33 PM on 01st July 2009

Lyon have denied claims in Spain that Real Madrid have completed the £30million signing of Karim Benzema.

In fact, the French club say they have received a bid far superior to the figure widely quoted by Spanish media.

Manchester United are determined to land the France striker are thought to be prepared to offer closer to £38m.

The websites of Spanish newspapers Marca and AS say the 21-year-old's transfer to the Bernabeu as a done deal, but there has been no official announcement from the Spanish giants and Lyon have moved to quash the reports.

Lyon communications chief Olivier Blanc said the story was 'unfounded' and told respected French newspaper L'Equipe: 'The Marca report is substantially wrong in substance.

'We've received an offer of an amount substantially greater than the amount raised, but not to say that it comes from Real. There is no agreement with anyone.'

Reports said Madrid would confirm Benzema's arrival later on Wednesday or on Thursday. The club's president Florentino Perez warned the next signing would come in a 'day or two' after unveiling new £56m superstar Kaka at the Bernabeu on Tuesday evening.

After completing the £80m signing of Cristiano Ronaldo from Manchester United today and the £12m capture of Raul Albiol from Valencia, the reported outlay on Benzema would take Madrid's summer spending to almost £180m.

That's the story in Equipe we discussed a few pages back. We're at least an hour ahead of SSN on this story.

they have Kaka and Ronaldo now as compared to us only Valencia and Carrick. :nervous:

No.

But United can do without the kind of circus surrounding him the last three years.

I want United to have players who sees United as the pinnacle of their careers, not just a career stepping stone.

If not, they can feck off. Be it Ronaldo, Ruud, Beckham, Benzema etc.

O please... Football is all about money!! I'm sure half the galactico's aren't living there dream like Ronaldo. It was only a few years ago Chelsea seemed to be every players dream and i'm sure it wasn't for sunny London or the great history! Just see it for what it is, we are a big club bigger than most and any player that signs on the dotted line will always give us 100% and lucky for us the majority tend to stick around for a long time.

they have Kaka and Ronaldo now as compared to us only Valencia and Carrick. :nervous:

and their defence is also amazing with: Ramos,pepe,Albiol,Heinze. Whereas we only have...Brown,Rio, Vidic and Evra, not to mention Evans. Yep sPAZ is right, they're clearly superior. I'm off to buy my Madrid shirt now.

It's rather sad that Madrid is so much more attractive a destinations for so many top players these days.

SSN are going on the same sources as everyone else....this is getting tiresome now. No one believed he was definitely coming here until last nights events...It's hardly been protracted. Lets all have a nice cup of tea and wait an see what happens

Why are you comparing those specific players?

As for Madrid's squad compared to ours, their defence is shit and buiding a world class defence from scratch ain't easy. We need one or two tweaks to our side, they've spent well over a hundred million quid and they still need re-building. Which says it all really.

and their defence is also amazing with: Ramos,pepe,Albiol,Heinze. Whereas we only have...Brown,Rio, Vidic and Evra, not to mention Evans. Yep sPAZ is right, they're clearly superior. I'm off to buy my Madrid shirt now.

We clearly have a far better defence.

But they clearly have a far better midfield and attack.

:wenger::lol: they've signed two of the hottest players in the world (Kaka, Ronaldo), have a shit loads of talent as it is and are linked with some more world-class signings....whereas we have arguably about umm 4 world class players in the entire squad....sorry to burst your bubble but at this current state, Barca and Madrid have a much better squad than us:

As of 30 June 2009.

1 GK Iker Casillas (vice-captain2)
2 DF Míchel Salgado
3 DF Pepe
4 DF Sergio Ramos
5 MF Fernando Gago
6 MF Lassana Diarra
7 FW Raúl (captain)
8 MF Kaká
10 MF Wesley Sneijder
11 MF Arjen Robben
12 DF Marcelo
14 MF Guti (vice-captain1)
15 MF Royston Drenthe
16 DF Gabriel Heinze
No. Position Player
17 MF Dani Parejo
19 FW Klaas-Jan Huntelaar
20 FW Gonzalo Higuaín
21 DF Christoph Metzelder
22 DF Miguel Torres
23 MF Rafael van der Vaart
24 MF Javi García
25 GK Jerzy Dudek
— MF Cristiano Ronaldo
— MF Mahamadou Diarra
— FW Ruud van Nistelrooy
— DF Ezequiel Garay
— FW Álvaro Negredo
— DF Raúl Albiol

World class players highlighted in bold. feck off.

Man Utd rival Blackburn for Toulouse striker Gignac
01.07.09 | tribalfootball.com
Toulouse hitman Andre-Pierre Gignac is a shock target for Manchester United.

The Daily Star says United could turn to last season’s top scorer in the French League to give them firepower next season with Gignac, 23, in their sights.

Blackburn have shown an interest in the £11m-rated striker, who took Ligue One by storm last term with 24 goals, but the lure of Old Trafford is likely to prove too strong.

Not to worry lads theres another Frenchman on the way and we only have Blackburn to compete with.

With the greatest respect to the Manchester United players if they sign Benzema and sort out their defence then they will be better on paper certainly and probably better as a team!

IF they sort out their defence and IF all these players gel and play good football then yes they can have a better team.

Just like IF we sign Aguero and another good winger we can have a better team. A lot of IF's.

No.

But United can do without the kind of circus surrounding him the last three years.

I want United to have players who sees United as the pinnacle of their careers, not just a career stepping stone.

If not, they can feck off. Be it Ronaldo, Ruud, Beckham, Benzema etc.

So you're judging Benzema's entire personality on one quote from when he was a young lad? Who knows what he'd think of the club if he were to join. Some players fall in love with United after they join. Evra would be an example, as he has said several times about how, since joining, he read up on the history of the club and now feel's a huge amount of pride when he plays.

It'd be shit if we only went around buying players who were "lifelong United fans". We should buy players on the quality, and whether or not they have the personality to work and succeed.

SNN are going on the same sources as everyone else....this is getting tiresome now. No one believed he was definitely coming here until last nights events...It's hardly been protracted. Lets all have a nice cup of tea and wait an see what happens

This thread could run until August.

I've always thought we would never ever ever get him cos he just doesn't seem to wanna be here.

If we do i will be beyond happy, quality player and would be a great signing plus lets be honest we are a far better prospect for a player like him to go to than that spanish overspending circus long may thier souls burn in hell.

Olympique Lyon have now denied any deal with Real Madrid and they added that there's a bid (higher than 35M) made by another club.
Could be United...

Head-spinning muppetry at its best.:smirk: I'm going to feck off home now and not turn on the computer again until opening day. Well, probably. Maybe. If we sign him, I might be tempted to.

Status
Not open for further replies.