Karim Benzema

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without acting like a drama queen it's because we've shown our hand to the world by selling Ronaldo. A really "big team" wouldn't sell its best player, especially the best player in the world, and so despite being rolling in cash at the moment we're suddenly not viewed at the very top of the game anymore.

Whatsmore, its Spain where everyone wants to go again. The past few years it's been the Premiership, but with Barcelona cleaning up last year and this spending spree by Real players all want to ply their trade in Spain instead. Which means that all the young talented youngsters being prised away from their clubs will all go to Spain instead - that's where the best football will be, or so they think.

Well yeah, the best players in the world play in Spain.

That Spanish league is back on top. Shite eh...

Without acting like a drama queen it's because we've shown our hand to the world by selling Ronaldo. A really "big team" wouldn't sell its best player, especially the best player in the world, and so despite being rolling in cash at the moment we're suddenly not viewed at the very top of the game anymore.

Whatsmore, its Spain where everyone wants to go again. The past few years it's been the Premiership, but with Barcelona cleaning up last year and this spending spree by Real players all want to ply their trade in Spain instead. Which means that all the young talented youngsters being prised away from their clubs will all go to Spain instead - that's where the best football will be, or so they think.

We can't keep an unhappy player, simple as.

Benzema wants to join us, his agent said he wasn't ready to be part of the Galacticos, and that we'd be the realistic option. Benzema is very conscious of the world cup, so he won't be signing for them. You all just wait and see.

Why oh why do people want United to sign a player who would whore himself to Real Madrid at first opportunity???

Ok how about Fabiano.

WOO lets all leave this thread, and make a new one about Fabiano.

Hopefully he won't dick us and go to Madrid too...

If he does, we should realise that we are cursed, and make a thread about Ali Dia, hoping that Madrid sign him up too. I hear he's as good as Pele...

He wanted to play for Madrid, they wanted to sign him and Lyon were willing to sell.

The outcome was inevitable. Anyone who thinks we stood a chance of somehow intervening between the three parties involved is kidding themselves.

Benzema wants to join us, his agent said he wasn't ready to be apart of the Galacticos, and that we'd be the realistic option. Benzema is very conscious of the world cup, so he won't be signing for them. You all just wait and see.

:p

Playing with three of the best players in the world, Kaka, Ronaldo and Casillas, with more to be added is just something that we cant offer. They are building something that would attract anyone.

Ah feck it - seriously. If this is true it's a crying shame. The guy was cut out for United, he would have been the absolute perfect signing for us. I can't tell you how disappointed I am. This is worse than losing out on Torres

I am fecking pissed. This feels like Essien all over again. Who the hell is left out there that would really improve us now? GODDAMMIT! :mad:

Benzema's Club After Summer Transfer Window - By End Of Summer Trans Wind

Man Utd 4/9 Man City 33/1
Lyon 2/1 Bayern Munich 40/1
Real Madrid 6/1 Liverpool 40/1
Arsenal 12/1 AC Milan 50/1
Barcelona 16/1 Inter Milan 50/1
Chelsea 20/1

From Skybet.

Yummy.

They've now got Madrid at 1/7 and utd at 5/1, there's some good money to be made here if it fluctuates so much with every twist, turn, rumour or article.

Benzema wants to join us, his agent said he wasn't ready to be apart of the Galacticos, and that we'd be the realistic option. Benzema is very conscious of the world cup, so he won't be signing for them. You all just wait and see.

Heh. I'll have whatever you're smoking.

He wanted to play for Madrid, they wanted to sign him and Lyon were willing to sell.
The outcome was inevitable. Anyone who thinks we stood a chance of somehow intervening between the three parties involved is kidding themselves.
That's simply not true. He never said 'I want to go to Madrid', he said something along the lines that he thinks Madrid are a big club and La Liga is very attractive, but he only watches the Premier League because of the Red Devils. Of course he wants to move on someday, but the outcome certainly wasn't 'inevitable'.
Someone please show me a link to Benzema's quote about his 'Madrid dream'.

Its disappointing but not entirely unexpected. I had a sneaky feeling that if Real Madrid made a serious move then he would be off. I do believe that is his 'dream' destination and now he finally gets his wish from that flithy, rich club.

I was getting a 'Torres vibe' from Karim Benzema and he looked like the most ideal striker for us to buy. But thats football and surely someone else will come along in the future. Hopefully we will be ready to get the next emerging talents when they arise.

Why oh why do people want United to sign a player who would whore himself to Real Madrid at first opportunity???

Thats stupid mate. First of all if it ends up like Ronaldo then its a sensational bit of business, success and money at the end of it.

Players with that kind of talent are hard to find. And you have to fight to get them.

Benzema wants to join us, his agent said he wasn't ready to be part of the Galacticos, and that we'd be the realistic option. Benzema is very conscious of the world cup, so he won't be signing for them. You all just wait and see.

When was this?

Fergie put the £80M on us signing him last night, then backed out the transfer...clever guy.

Whatsmore, its Spain where everyone wants to go again. The past few years it's been the Premiership, but with Barcelona cleaning up last year and this spending spree by Real, players all want to ply their trade in Spain instead. Which means that all the young talented youngsters being prised away from their clubs will all go to Spain instead - that's where the best football will be, or so they think.

No offence to fans of Spanish football, it still bores me.

€35m though....thats baffling

Unless Real have pictures and video evidence of Lyon directors all being serviced by a harem of nazy whores with pentagrams scarred onto their backs i just don't get why the fee is so low to be honest

Pleased for him.

I didn't want a player at United swooning over Madrid every few months.

I admire your optimism, but I think you're clutching at straws!

Whatsmore, its Spain where everyone wants to go again. The past few years it's been the Premiership, but with Barcelona cleaning up last year and this spending spree by Real, players all want to ply their trade in Spain instead. Which means that all the young talented youngsters being prised away from their clubs will all go to Spain instead - that's where the best football will be, or so they think.

Well said.

Where is our ambition gone?

Or has Madrid bought that too?
Did we lack any ambition in 06/07 when we only brought in Carrick?

Signing Wigan players is called ambition!
Signing a really old GK from Fulham didn't turn out that bad eh? or that Spurs signing we made to replace Keano..

It's embarrassing seeing these kind of post as though our team is full of shit players.

What the hell? Do you go around wearing your red tinted glasses 24 hours a day or what?

There aren't many top players who wouldn't go to Madrid at the moment given the opportunity considering both the club and the ridiculous sums they're shelling out. So quit it with your high and mighty shite. United just lost out on a top talent. Simple as.

€35m though....thats baffling

Unless Real have pictures and video evidence of Lyon directors all being serviced by a harem of nazy whores with pentagrams scarred onto their backs i just don't get why the fee is so low to be honest

Perez has been handing out sexual favours. Didn't work for us, hence the 80M up front.

Benzema for €35 is just a joke...something fishy is going on here.

There aren't many top players who wouldn't go to Madrid at the moment given the opportunity considering both the club and the ridiculous sums they're shelling out. So quit it with your high and mighty shite. United just lost out on a top talent. Simple as.

Who says United have been in for him?

When did Benzema become a TOP player?

What the hell? Do you go around wearing your red tinted glasses 24 hours a day or what?

It was an interview.....

If anything I'm one of the very few thats not biased. Shoot me down for not believing an unrealistic report on SSN with an unrealistic fee and a statement from lyon which contradicts this "done deal".

Did we lack any ambition in 06/07 when we only brought in Carrick?
No, because we didn't just sell our best player.

It's embarrassing seeing these kind of post as though our team is full of shit players.
To be fair, Barca and Real are head and shoulders above us now in terms of squad quality.

Nani, Park and Valencia are our wingers? Rooney and Berbatov our only senior strikers?

feck.

That's simply not true. He never said 'I want to go to Madrid', he said something along the lines that he thinks Madrid are a big club and La Liga is very attractive, but he only watches the Premier League because of the Red Devils. Of course he wants to move on someday, but the outcome certainly wasn't 'inevitable'.
Someone please show me a link to Benzema's quote about his 'Madrid dream'.

Type "Benzema", "Madrid" and "dream" into google and the interview is easy to find.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1705/re...013599/i-want-to-play-for-real-madrid-benzema

I Want To Play For Real Madrid - Benzema

Lyon starlet, Karim Benzema, has given the surest sign yet about where he will be playing his football next season. He's stated that he promised his mother he would play for Real Madrid, and that is what he wants to do...
15 Dec 2008 14:47:51

With Klaas-Jan Huntelaar joining Real Madrid this winter, rumours have already circulated that this might effectively put the defending La Liga champions out of the race to sign Karim Benzema.

However, the young French international still seems intent on leaving Lyon for the Spanish capital, as he revealed to Le Buteur today.

"It is my hidden dream in sport and it is a dream that is coming closer little by little," he declared.

"I like the white kit, the stadium, the atmosphere that exists around the Bernabéu...I promised my mother that one day I would play for Real Madrid, and I want that to come true."

'Kin mothers and Real Madrid, eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.