Karim Benzema

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, so, yesterday he was coming to us, today madrid have agreed a deal and now someone called graham hunter on sky sports is saying benzima has agreed to sign for us but real have come in with a higher offer??? am I getting this right??

We have made NO offer.

You not rate him then? I really thought we would get him to be honest. Fergie has admired him for some time, maybe he just chose Real over us.
I believe he is overpriced. He could turn out to be the new Cisse.

ok, so, yesterday he was coming to us, today madrid have agreed a deal and now someone called graham hunter on sky sports is saying benzima has agreed to sign for us but real have come in with a higher offer??? am I getting this right??

Pretty much spot on.

Ah feck it - seriously. If this is true it's a crying shame. The guy was cut out for United, he would have been the absolute perfect signing for us. I can't tell you how disappointed I am. This is worse than losing out on Torres

Yes.........and the muppets want to commit suicide over this.

We should get out bid in and accepted and then it is down to the player. Still unlikely, but we'd still have a chance if we could get Fergie on the case :(

This is terrible news. Benzema had a game that would have fitted perfectly to United.

It doesn't stop me from thinking Ferguson is a clever guy who will bring good additions to the squad in the forthcoming months.

We have made enquiries.. i remember reading that we've tabled an offer, but Lyon are waiting for Benzema to return and find out whether he wants to stay or go. So it could be that Lyon accepted both our and Madrid's offers.

Originally Posted by R.Nilsson7 View Post
I hope Fergie has another striker in mind.

Gudjohnsen available on the cheap according to his dad.

We should get out bid in and accepted and then it is down to the player. Still unlikely, but we'd still have a chance if we could get Fergie on the case :(

Not really, he prefers to listen to Headbutt Zidane.

Some one did say last night there would be news between 11-2......he never did say us too.

Shit! :(

Hopefully Fergie knows what he's doing. Still if that means Rooney through the center I'm not too disappointed. Rooney - Berbatov partnership has huge potential.

arghghghgh

I am a self confessed muppet in when it comes to signing this lad.

I hope Perez catches herpes.

You can't get rid of that shit.

It doesn't stop me from thinking Ferguson is a clever guy who will bring good additions to the squad in the forthcoming months.

He is a clever guy, but sometimes it isn't down to who he wants to bring in, it is down to which of his targets are seriously aquirable and whether that player wants to play for us.

i.e, if it was down to the player, would he chose us or Madrid, it looks like he prefers a move to Madrid.

As it stands who else is there that can come in for the forward position? No other realistic 'known' targets that I can think of. Villa will stay in Spain, who else is there? No-one in the Premiership....

I just hope United have had another target in the pipeline and we haven't missed out on Benezema, we just haven't made a bid.

no big-name players want to join us.

Without acting like a drama queen it's because we've shown our hand to the world by selling Ronaldo. A really "big team" wouldn't sell its best player, especially the best player in the world, and so despite being rolling in cash at the moment we're suddenly not viewed at the very top of the game anymore.

Whatsmore, its Spain where everyone wants to go again. The past few years it's been the Premiership, but with Barcelona cleaning up last year and this spending spree by Real, players all want to ply their trade in Spain instead. Which means that all the young talented youngsters being prised away from their clubs will all go to Spain instead - that's where the best football will be, or so they think.

We should have first bought the players and then let Ronaldo go.

He wanted to play for Madrid, they wanted to sign him and Lyon were willing to sell.

The outcome was inevitable. Anyone who thinks we stood a chance of somehow intervening between the three parties involved is kidding themselves.

A lot of people got their hopes up because of the interview where he said he enjoys watching the English league and Manchester United in particular. This is not remotely the same thing as saying he wants to live in Manchester and play for United.

Status
Not open for further replies.