Karim Benzema

Status
Not open for further replies.
such a dissappointing morning, after all the excitement last night.
things have gone very limp!!

right we need someone to make some more bollocks up, like my brother in law is a french translator and has been asked to visit a Mr.D.Gill this afternoon in a manchester hotel just to keep me going until I get home from work and can get back to watching Skysportsnews (hopefully with Georgie Thompson!)

such a dissappointing morning, after all the excitement last night.
things have gone very limp!!

right we need someone to make some more bollocks up, like my brother in law is a french translator and has been asked to visit a Mr.D.Gill this afternoon in a manchester hotel just to keep me going until I get home from work and can get back to watching Skysportsnews (hopefully with Georgie Thompson!)

Bring in Pele.

Apparently he's off to real for £30m ...

Read something similar in the Telegraph, well the price part, they say it will be a battle for him

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/manutd/5707737/Manchester-United-and-Real-Madrid-fight-for-Karim-Benzema.html

However, according to Spanish sports daily Marca, Benzema's move to the Bernabeu is only hours away.

"Karim Benzema joins Olympic Lyon after the holidays to begin pre-season on Thursday, but his future could change course today," reports the paper.

"Real Madrid has raised its bid in the last few hours and Lyon, who had initially valued the player at €40 million is about to accept €35 million."

You've got to think the price is a bit on the low side

any sources????

Edit: :lol: goal.com. Great.

I wouldn't laugh too hard. They were bang on target about Ronaldo and Kaka.

How many players are RM going to field anyway next season if we are to presume theyr'e going to add Alonso and Ribery to that list.

I wouldn't laugh too hard. They were bang on target about Ronaldo and Kaka.

How many players are RM going to field anyway next season if we are to presume theyr'e going to add Alonso and Ribery to that list.

Well if they predict 200 transfers, they are bound to get one or two right.

When they spread a hundred rumors a day, they are bound to get one or two of them right.

edit: kinell HsJ!

Didn't someone from madird say they didn't expect anything to happen in regards to Villa in the next couple of days. That sounds as if they are still negotiating with Valencia for him.

If that is the case and they get both Benzema and Villa, then these players really need to think about what type of club they are going to. IF all this talk about Benzema being worried about the world cup and wanting to play first team football are true then why go to madrid?

We were only kidding ourselves if we thought he would choose us over Madrid. He would always go to them if they went in for them.

I think it is about time we all put on our balaclava's and headed over to Madrid and sorted this out once and for all!!!

Saying that its a bit warm for balaclava's, maybe just a strongly worded letter to Perez will suffice.

I think it is about time we all put on our balaclava's and headed over to Madrid and sorted this out once and for all!!!

Saying that its a bit warm for balaclava's, maybe just a strongly worded letter to Perez will suffice.

Yes, and in big bold capital letters to really express our dismay.

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN !

marca are reporting that benzema is now a madrid player. so I guess that is that.

35m euro. That's a good price for him really. I'm just kind of shocked that Aulas did not string this out longer.

i'm gutted about that to be honest.

I really feel that we need a top striker, and Benzema was the only one I thought we could get. If we have missed out on him I can't see us being able to bring in the players required to keep us right at the top next season.

Absolutely gutted.

35m euro. That's a good price for him really. I'm just kind of shocked that Aulas did not string this out longer.

I do not know how they got him at that price. It is weird though, people were saying that the 32m euro offer was laughed at but they then accept a 35m euro offer?

I do not know how they got him at that price. It is weird though, people were saying that the 32m euro offer was laughed at but they then accept a 35m euro offer?

Thats close to £30m though, probably in a straight cash lump sum. That's a lot of money.

I think he will, I can't imagine this is a done deal yet because there has barely been a bidding war!

Maybe Benzema has made it clear that he will only go to Madrid though, so Aulas could not generate such a war. Who knows, United may not have even shown an interest in buying him.

blair - aren't you a bundle of joy?
----

So why are people believing these stories now then?....where is the fachts exactly? All i see is speculation which is what we had yesterday.

so peoples doubts are proved by speculation coming from spain now? there is a word for that

We have the money, and we could have put a bigger offer than Madrid's. But its where the lad wants to play. Prospects like him rarely choose United over Real.

blair - aren't you a bundle of joy?
----

So why are people believing these stories now then?....where is the fachts exactly? All i see is speculation which is what we had yesterday.

:lol: I'm a realist mate :)

It is depressing though tbh, losing Ronaldo, bringing in Valencia, and now Benzema off to Madrid.....

Maybe Benzema has made it clear that he will only go to Madrid though, so Aulas could not generate such a war. Who knows, United may not have even shown an interest in buying him.

It would raise an eyebrow if we didn't show an interest, isn't SAF a big admirer of him?

Doesn't really matter anyway because it seems he prefers Madrid over United and this will probably be confirmed today!

If true then that should be that as regards Madrid buying forward players this summer. I guess the question would remain as to whether Barca want to buy some forward players as well though.

There's still a lot of players out there though. Just because they are not at high profile clubs yet does not mean that they could not be great players for United.

If true then that should be that as regards Madrid buying forward players this summer. I guess the question would remain as to whether Barca want to buy some forward players as well though.

There's still a lot of players out there though. Just because they are not at high profile clubs yet does not mean that they could not be great players for United.

Indeed, the only reason everyone goes mental over the big names is because they are in the papers everyday - and granted they are great players, but there's a constant stream of players with the potential to add their name to that list, and they come at much cheaper prices too!

:lol: I'm a realist mate :)

It is depressing though tbh, losing Ronaldo, bringing in Valencia, and now Benzema off to Madrid.....

how would signing benezema be unreal? the kid is basically unproven....he is still a kid. We're not talk about a zidane at 26, or a kaka at 27 here....

No where has the player said he wouldn't play in England, he's even denied it's his dream to play for madrid though he has a preference for technical play

No we might not be interested and there are other players but in my opinion, the people deluding themselves have fallen for the hype.:angel:

just to add, we've recieved the money today.We couldn't make an offer prior to having the money. There really isn't anything here - yet.

"We do not discard the possibility that in the next few hours, something could happen," Real director Jorge Valdano told Onda Cero.

"Nothing will happen with Villa over the next few days because Valencia have not changed their stance."

With Villa staying at Valencia. You have to expect it to be Benzema.

Status
Not open for further replies.