Karim Benzema

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny Tevez wearing that United shirt for no reason, if he actually liked the club he had a good, overly fair deal placed before him. What a knobber, I quite liked him at one point too.

Spoil sport :(

maybe he has to keep the deal secret until it's finalised. Hence the secret wearing of the shirt.

:lol: OK..

Of course it is a rumour, until he confirms it or denies it, it will be a rumour.

However, Tevez wore the United top because he'd been getting grief over not wearing Nike stuff at press conferences. He didn't casually wear it, he was making a point.

As for Benzema, the 'story' is that it was a photoshoot for FIFA, so of course they be taking pics of him in the Lyon kit. He may have also had pics taken wearing a United kit, so that EA could use that asset on their game ads should he move to United. This wouldn't be done in an official capacity, but as a 'just in case' thing. I wouldn't be surprised if he had his pic taken in a Real top too.

Yea I totally understand.. But I doubt that it happened is all.. especially the taking the pics bit..

David Beckham?

Urm.. He was a united player and was obligated to wear it.. Also if you would see Beckham wear one Tomorrow it wouldn't be very surprising as he is a passionate fan of this club..

Benzema wouldn't be found wearing it like Tevez.. Is what I meant BTW.. Because Adidas is hardly going to send him a Manchester United jersey and say here you go wear it if you like.. However they could easily have sent him a jersey of a Adidas team like either Real Madrid or Chelsea.. Whether he chooses to wear it is completely up to him..

So if he was wearing it.. That meant that it was either sent by SAF or he bought it himself..

He got fined €13,000 by Corrinthians for wearing it - I dont think they would agree with you that it was harmless man. From recollection - he was trying to piss them off, get Worldwide attention & very much succeeded in doing so!

Tevez has had trouble follow him at many of the clubs he's played at!

I never meant to say that is was a casual thing to do.. He just made it out to be like that..

According to FranceFootball, Benzema days at Lyon are counted..

http://www.francefootball.fr/FF/breves2009/20090629_235007_puel-va-ecouter-benzema.html

This is the google translation:

Puel will "listen" Benzema 29/06/2
Hours in Lyon Karim Benzema may be counted. Interrogé à ce sujet lundi lors de la reprise du club, Claude Puel ( Photo Presse-Sports ) n'a toujours pas de certitudes. Questioned about this on Monday at the resumption of the club, Claude Puel (Photo Press Sports) has still not certainties. Il l'a confirmé en conférence de presse, comme indiqué sur le site Internet de l'OL : « On connait son importance à l'OL et son efficacité dans notre collectif : c'est un joueur d'exception, mais on connait également les données financières d'un club. He confirmed in a press conference, as indicated on the website of the LB: "We know his importance to the OL and its effectiveness in our group: it is an exceptional player, but we also know financial data of a club. On fera le point avec lui quand il reviendra, le 2 juillet, sur ce qu'il veut faire, on l'écoutera. We will follow up with him when he comes on 2 July, on what to do, we listen. Depuis plusieurs mois, il a dit qu'il souhaitait rester avec nous, à un an de la coupe du monde. For several months, he said he wanted to stay with us, to one year in the World Cup. S'il a des velléités de départ nous en discuterons avec lui s'il ya des offres concrètes, ce qui n'est pas le cas pour le moment. If he has ambitions of departure we will discuss with him if there are concrete offers, which is not the case yet. » "
Puel : « On discute avec pas mal de joueurs » Puel: "We discussed with many players

Concernant le recrutement, l'ancien entraîneur lillois ne semble pas vraiment inquiéter par la lenteur des opérations : « Ce n'est pas du retard même si un entraîneur aimerait avoir tout son effectif le plus vite possible pour préparer le début de saison et un mois d'août très costaud. Regarding recruitment, the former Lille coach really does not seem worried by the slow operation: "This is not delayed even if a coach would be fully staffed as soon as possible to prepare the beginning of the season and one month of August was very tough. Le mercato a du mal à se lancer. The mercato is difficult to get started. les choses vont tranquillement se mettre en ordre de marche, devenir un peu plus cohérentes et se décanter dans les prochains jours. things will be quietly put in running order, become a little more consistent and settle in the coming days. On discute avec pas mal de joueurs et leurs clubs. It speaks with a lot of players and their clubs. Pour le moment, cela n'a pas abouti pour différentes raisons. For now, it failed for various reasons. On est très exigeants sur les joueurs qui viendraient nous renforcer. It is very demanding on the players who would strengthen us. » Pour l'instant, les noms qui reviennent à insistance du côté de Tola Vologe sont Lisandro Lopez (Porto), Richard Soumah (Guingamp), Loïc Rémy (Nice), Alexander Hleb (Barcelone) ou encore Mauro Camoranesi (Juventus Turin). "For now, the names that come to insist on the side of Tola are Vologe Lisandro Lopez (Porto), Richard Soumah (Guingamp), Loïc Remy (Nice), Alexander Hleb (Barcelona) and Mauro Camoranesi (Juventus Turin).

According to FranceFootball, Benzema days at Lyon are counted..

http://www.francefootball.fr/FF/breves2009/20090629_235007_puel-va-ecouter-benzema.html

This is the google translation:

Puel will "listen" Benzema 29/06/2
Hours in Lyon Karim Benzema may be counted. Interrogé à ce sujet lundi lors de la reprise du club, Claude Puel ( Photo Presse-Sports ) n'a toujours pas de certitudes. Questioned about this on Monday at the resumption of the club, Claude Puel (Photo Press Sports) has still not certainties. Il l'a confirmé en conférence de presse, comme indiqué sur le site Internet de l'OL : « On connait son importance à l'OL et son efficacité dans notre collectif : c'est un joueur d'exception, mais on connait également les données financières d'un club. He confirmed in a press conference, as indicated on the website of the LB: "We know his importance to the OL and its effectiveness in our group: it is an exceptional player, but we also know financial data of a club. On fera le point avec lui quand il reviendra, le 2 juillet, sur ce qu'il veut faire, on l'écoutera. We will follow up with him when he comes on 2 July, on what to do, we listen. Depuis plusieurs mois, il a dit qu'il souhaitait rester avec nous, à un an de la coupe du monde. For several months, he said he wanted to stay with us, to one year in the World Cup. S'il a des velléités de départ nous en discuterons avec lui s'il ya des offres concrètes, ce qui n'est pas le cas pour le moment. If he has ambitions of departure we will discuss with him if there are concrete offers, which is not the case yet. » "
Puel : « On discute avec pas mal de joueurs » Puel: "We discussed with many players

Concernant le recrutement, l'ancien entraîneur lillois ne semble pas vraiment inquiéter par la lenteur des opérations : « Ce n'est pas du retard même si un entraîneur aimerait avoir tout son effectif le plus vite possible pour préparer le début de saison et un mois d'août très costaud. Regarding recruitment, the former Lille coach really does not seem worried by the slow operation: "This is not delayed even if a coach would be fully staffed as soon as possible to prepare the beginning of the season and one month of August was very tough. Le mercato a du mal à se lancer. The mercato is difficult to get started. les choses vont tranquillement se mettre en ordre de marche, devenir un peu plus cohérentes et se décanter dans les prochains jours. things will be quietly put in running order, become a little more consistent and settle in the coming days. On discute avec pas mal de joueurs et leurs clubs. It speaks with a lot of players and their clubs. Pour le moment, cela n'a pas abouti pour différentes raisons. For now, it failed for various reasons. On est très exigeants sur les joueurs qui viendraient nous renforcer. It is very demanding on the players who would strengthen us. » Pour l'instant, les noms qui reviennent à insistance du côté de Tola Vologe sont Lisandro Lopez (Porto), Richard Soumah (Guingamp), Loïc Rémy (Nice), Alexander Hleb (Barcelone) ou encore Mauro Camoranesi (Juventus Turin). "For now, the names that come to insist on the side of Tola are Vologe Lisandro Lopez (Porto), Richard Soumah (Guingamp), Loïc Remy (Nice), Alexander Hleb (Barcelona) and Mauro Camoranesi (Juventus Turin).

There is a subliminal message in there telling us he will sign for us on Friday.

Does anyone else think that l'OL suggests this is all just a cruel, French hoax?

I'd keep it out if I were you, just in case like...

davewhelan.jpg

All these reports may sound encouraging to us, but in reality they're probably just the first step to him signing for Real.
I certainly can't see us getting him if Real has made him their next target.

For a 21 year old French player from Algerian descent, i would guess that Zidane would probably be more of an influence.
i dont say i disagree BUT when the king talk the other just listen

anyway we will see what will happen

red till i die

I would like to see Lyon receiving an official bid from us by July 2nd just to make things more interesting. It would give them and Benzema some food for thought. Besides how will you ever know if there is a chance of getting a player without making an effort?

Translated using Firefox plugin:

Hours in Lyon Karim Benzema may be counted. Questioned about this on Monday at the resumption of the club, Claude Puel (Photo Press Sports) has still not certainties. He confirmed in a press conference, as indicated on the website of the LB: "We know his importance to the OL and its effectiveness in our group: it is an exceptional player, but we also know financial data of a club. We will follow up with him when he comes on 2 July, on what to do, we listen. For several months, he said he wanted to stay with us, to one year in the World Cup. If he has ambitions of departure we will discuss with him if there are concrete offers, which is not the case yet. "

Regarding recruitment, the former Lille coach really does not seem worried by the slow operation: "This is not delayed even if a coach would be fully staffed as soon as possible to prepare the beginning of the season and one month of August was very tough. The mercato is difficult to get started. things will be quietly put in running order, become a little more consistent and settle in the coming days. It speaks with a lot of players and their clubs. For now, it failed for various reasons. It is very demanding on the players who would strengthen us. "For now, the names that come to insist on the side of Tola are Vologe Lisandro Lopez (Porto), Richard Soumah (Guingamp), Loïc Remy (Nice), Alexander Hleb (Barcelona) and Mauro Camoranesi (Juventus Turin).

We should have some sort of "stay away" agreement with Real about a player we wanted.

I would like to see Lyon receiving an official bid from us by July 2nd just to make things more interesting. It would give them and Benzema some food for thought. Besides how will you ever know if there is a chance of getting a player without making an effort?

We may have already decided that we don't want him, that the price will be too much or we know that he wants to go to Madrid at some point. I would imagine SAF is sick of hearing the work Madrid.

i dont say i disagree BUT when the king talk the other just listen

anyway we will see what will happen

red till i die

We, united fans, listen to Eric the King. But in France, Zidane is seen as a god, especially for the young players like Benzema who grew up watching the unbeatable france team (98-02) lead by him. Zidane always talks shit, he doesn't seem to know much about football tbh, his interviews are boring and nothing special, but he does have a huge influence in France. More over, as said Gaffs, he and Benzema both have algerian relatives. It has to be considered.

:lol: I bet he just pulled a generic red shirt and the press went mad.
That's exactly what i think (and what i said earlier).

sad but true

How so?, this is the same madrid who couldn't agree a deal for villa over a few million euros, this is mainly due to them paying us a large chunk for ronaldo. If he's fergie's main target then I can see us spending up to £40 mill for him (the same fee madrid refused to pay for villa).

I'm not a transfer muppet but considering how much madrid have already spent and their refusal to spend big on villa. I'm pretty confident we can beat them to signing Benzema. You have to remember that Benzema wants to continue to develop with the world cup in mind. His agent also said that we'd be the preferred destination for him to develop his game at.

After looking at all that, what indicates to you that if madrid want him, they'd get him?

How so?, this is the same madrid who couldn't agree a deal for villa over a few million euros, this is mainly due to them paying us a large chunk for ronaldo. If he's fergie's main target then I can see us spending up to £40 mill for him (the same fee madrid refused to pay for villa).

I'm not a transfer muppet but considering how much madrid have already spent and their refusal to spend big on villa. I'm pretty confident we can beat them to signing Benzema. You have to remember that Benzema wants to continue to develop with the world cup in mind. His agent also said that we'd be the preferred destination for him to develop his game at.

After looking at all that, what indicates to you that if madrid want him, they'd get him?

True but keep in mind he have stated that he have "dream of playing in Madrid someday"

I am still pretty sure that he will stay in Lyon one more year and then he is off to someone.

True but keep in mind he have stated that he have "dream of playing in Madrid someday"

I am still pretty sure that he will stay in Lyon one more year and then he is off to someone.

Yeah but he said he would prefer to develop at united. I'm pretty sure he wants to establish himself as a world class striker before going to Madrid. His agent also said that Benzema wasn't ready to be part of the galaticos (or something along those lines)

Yeah but he said he would prefer to develop at united. I'm pretty sure he wants to establish himself as a world class striker before going to Madrid. His agent also said that Benzema wasn't ready to be part of the galaticos (or something along those lines)

Alright. Maybe I missed that part...
I usally stop read when Madrid is involved in the text!

it's not about monies, it about his desire to play in Spain. If both teams make an offer i see him going to Circus Madrid.

it's not about monies, it about his desire to play in Spain. If both teams make an offer i see him going to Circus Madrid.

;)

Do you have links to those two statements, Devil_Forever? Where he says he would like to develop at United and that he isn't ready to be a Galatico.

Status
Not open for further replies.