Karim Benzema

Status
Not open for further replies.
if he did go to Madrid and done a Huntelaar and was not seen as galactico such as Kaka, Ronnie, and messed up his chances in the world Cup. His price would drop and we could get him on the cheap and he would be a player who would probably hate Madrid to boot.

That's stupid logic.

That's stupid logic.

it's not stupid logic, i'm not saying we don't battle for him, but Fergie is really desperate for him and loses out to Madrid. He may do a Hunterlaar and be available cheaper, especially if Real fancy a galactico in his position (i.e Villa, maybe Pato in the future) they might sell him to us.

Players with high reputation go to Madrid and sometimes fail due to the Policy there. They also have bad judgement on players, for example, Eto allowed to leave to the fiercest rivals, Higuan not being recognised as a potential future world star, Makelele deemed expendable.

Players are just like pieces of meat to them, like Keano once said. Madrid do not have the patience that we have (e.g. Evra and Vidic)

oh miy god we've signed that "WHERE'S SCYLLA!!!!!!!!!" guy from Prison Break LOL.

5fnsqw.png

Benzema will not be coming this summer.

Well you've convinced me.

Seriously though. There have been quite a few of these posts simply saying we aren't getting Benzema, and though that may very well turn out to be true, what is the actual point? Just to castrate the dreams of those who put their cocks out at the prospect of us landing a very talented player? (I don't consider myself one of those, but I do hope we buy him).
There might be a need for a few people here to calm down, but unless there's a story to back up one's notion, I don't see the point of simply saying he is coming, or not coming.

In my opinion.

Well you've convinced me.

Seriously though. There have been quite a few of these posts simply saying we aren't getting Benzema, and though that may very well turn out to be true, what is the actual point? Just to castrate the dreams of those who put their cocks out at the prospect of us landing a very talented player? (I don't consider myself one of those, but I do hope we buy him).
There might be a need for a few people here to calm down, but unless there's a story to back up one's notion, I don't see the point of simply saying he is coming, or not coming.

In my opinion.
We haven't declared interest, nor have we made any sort of bid.

So it's safe to say we wont be buying him.

The muppets who think we're signing him have the argument 'he's young, and he's good, so we must be buying him' :rolleyes:

What a load of shite.

The muppets who think we're signing him have the argument 'he's young, and he's good, so we must be buying him' :rolleyes:

What a load of shite.

since when do we always publicly declare an interest in a player we want, did not happen with Anderson, Nani. Berbs and Hargreaves were the exception, not the norm.

Possible, but if he did go to them, i hope he has Huntelar style Blip, only to come to us and Become 3x WPY ;)

He's far better than Huntelaar mind and bound to be a success in Spain.

What a load of shite.

Not that I think we're signing him, but Fergie has on more than one occasion sung Benzema's praises in interviews, even comparing him to Zidane.

Safe to say, Fergie may hold some interest in signing him.

Lyon has some english fans :wenger:

is that not possible???? i thought it was the 21 century or are you implying that the french cannot write english or post on english forums, judging by your name you are probably french as well.

What a load of shite.

Yes, it's "safe" to say we won't buy Karim Benzema (just as it's fairly safe to say "Arsenal won't win the league next season"), but what is the point of saying so? What does it contribute to?

Again, it might very well be true that we won't be buying him (I personally reckon we'll try though), but it's not as if you or Ole_Gunnar possess any more information on the matter than anyone else, is it?

Undoubtedly, there are "muppets" in here, but I haven't noticed many claiming "we must be buying him" because "he's young, and he's good".

Benzema is currently in Barcelona

filming an advert

Saw that on Sky Sports News. And the guying saying that also said that Benzema is sticking to his position that he does not want to move club this summer.

Alex will have to use all his powers of persuasion to get him here ,looks like it could be an uphill battle to sign him

1. Factually wrong.
2. Factually right, interpretively probably wrong in this case

3/10

I don't think 1 is factually wrong. Real were cleared of tapping up allegations as international rules say that you don't have to have the club's permission to talk to the player, the club just needs to be informed of your intentions of speaking to the player.

In England, however, the club owning the player must give their permission to talk to the player.

That's how I interpreted the verdict in the Madrid tapping Ronaldo up case last year.

Factually right as far as I know - there are no regulations governing contact between clubs and players in other countries like there are between clubs in the same country.

I can see how it would be misinterprted but see below - notification in writing and only free to negotiate within six months of contract end. That's why when players' contracts are up here you hear about them being free to talk to clubs outside England before they are free to talk to other English clubs. This is from the FA's adoption of global FIFA transfer regulations (http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/RulesandRegulations/~/media/Files/PDF/TheFA/FIFATransfers0809.ashx) :

A club intending to conclude a contract with a professional must inform the player’s current club in writing before entering into negotiations with him. A professional shall only be free to conclude a contract with another club if his contract with his present club has expired or is due to expire within six months. Any breach of this provision shall be subject to
appropriate sanctions.

Just a gut feeling, but i think he will go to Barca as Eto's replacement.

The chance for him to play with Henry will swing it.

That'll be next year though if If Etoo is not leaving for City. If Etoo will be there for another season then it would work well for all concerned. Benzema gets to go to Spain next summer and Barca have a great replacement for him.

I can see how it would be misinterprted but see below - notification in writing and only free to negotiate within six months of contract end. That's why when players' contracts are up here you hear about them being free to talk to clubs outside England before they are free to talk to other English clubs. This is from the FA's adoption of global FIFA transfer regulations (http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/RulesandRegulations/~/media/Files/PDF/TheFA/FIFATransfers0809.ashx) :

A club intending to conclude a contract with a professional must inform the player’s current club in writing before entering into negotiations with him. A professional shall only be free to conclude a contract with another club if his contract with his present club has expired or is due to expire within six months. Any breach of this provision shall be subject to
appropriate sanctions.
I have no interest in what FA rules are, they are different to Uefa and Fifa rules, they have added to them for the protection of their clubs within their ability to oversee. The FA rules have no bearing on how Madrid act towards United, and no bearing on how United act towards Lyon. You still have not factually shown how I was wrong to say United do not need permission to talk to Benzema or his agents, as long as they have let Lyon know.

If I were in Benzema's boots, I know I'd choose Manchester United at this juncture. With both Ronaldo and Tevez having left, it is the most realistic place, were I to leave Lyon, where I'd get the best playing time in a superb set up.

Real Madrid with Higuain, Kaka, Ronaldo etc. would not necessarily allow Benzema the most automatic of places as he would have at Old Trafford.

A smart Benzema would choose Old Trafford.

No - it is not.

1. With European transfers it is not required to agree a fee with the club in order to negotiate with a player. United could simply have informed Lyon they wish to talk to Benzema. So, it is possible United have been sounding out Benzema on whether he would sign for United, and what his potential contract would be, before making a bid. This was actually said in one of the articles linked over the last 24 or 48 hours IIRC.

2. They have said no official bid has been made. This, again, could be very true. It is possible for a club to negotiate a fee without officially submitting an offer. Officially submitting an offer could be one of the last things United, or any club, do in this situation.

the reports were that real had bid 32 million. turns out they have not. so its
back to square one. least thats what the expression means even if you dont like it

the reports were that real had bid 32 million. turns out they have not. so its
back to square one. least thats what the expression means even if you dont like it

Indeed. During the course of this 46 page thread there have indeed been NO OFFERS and 1 phone call made by Madrid regarding Benzema.

Every cock should be soft and well in pants.

Status
Not open for further replies.