Karim Benzema

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Madrid try to take the piss I don't think they'll get their hands on the player. I think the same thing as happened with Villa can and will happen again as to come to the table with a derisory offer is tantamount to not taking the player or his club seriously.

It'd be a big slap in the face to the player who speaks of them in such glowing terms as well. Not that that would dissuade him, but it'd make all parties looking to take their slice (agent, club) rally against the move. The French guys on here are already saying there's an amount of ridicule towards the fee offered in the French press and I don't think it would be much different for Aulas, beings as Benzema is their jewel in the crown and prized asset.

It would be like RM approaching us with something daft for Ronaldo - we wouldn't sell to them 'just because'and it's not dissimilar to the silly saga involving Santa Cruz and the bitters. Blackburn didn't let him go until City coughed up the readies.

From Lyon's POV selling Benzema after a succesful WC would be more appealing than selling him now unless some of that silly money comes their way. If they aren't going to get a slice of the artificially inflated pie, they've got no reason to sell.

You could well be right - if he has a decent world cup. If not, and if he's made it obvious that he wants to move, then where does that leave Lyon, or indeed him?

The point I was making was that Chairmen and managers will often deny that a player is available in order to inflate the price.

I was also suggesting that the player has the biggest say in where he goes, because (as we've seen with Ronaldo) at the end of the day it's very difficult to keep an unhappy player. Whichever club he favours will move onto other targets if they don't get him. Madrid for example won't buy a Villa or Forlan and then buy him next year.

I can see how it would be misinterprted but see below - notification in writing and only free to negotiate within six months of contract end. That's why when players' contracts are up here you hear about them being free to talk to clubs outside England before they are free to talk to other English clubs. This is from the FA's adoption of global FIFA transfer regulations (http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/RulesandRegulations/~/media/Files/PDF/TheFA/FIFATransfers0809.ashx) :

A club intending to conclude a contract with a professional must inform the player’s current club in writing before entering into negotiations with him. A professional shall only be free to conclude a contract with another club if his contract with his present club has expired or is due to expire within six months. Any breach of this provision shall be subject to
appropriate sanctions.
So what does that say?

It only says that a club needs to inform the player's club, in writing, before entering negotiations. Not that the club needs to get written permission from the player's club, which is why Real Madrid were cleared of tapping up allegations last year.

However, a player is only allowed to sign a contract within six months of the contract's expiration, or if his contract has expired, which means that signing pre-agreements last year with Ronaldo would've been a breach of the rules by Real.

IF fergie wanted Benzema as his top target then why on earth would he have offered Tevez a deal?

Think about it muppets...

He offered it at the last minute by the sound of it.

Its more of a way to shift blame onto Tevez. If he didn't offer him a deal at all, and Tevez walked, then fans would blame Fergie for it. Now, everyone dislikes the burned one.

He offered it at the last minute by the sound of it.

Its more of a way to shift blame onto Tevez. If he didn't offer him a deal at all, and Tevez walked, then fans would blame Fergie for it. Now, everyone dislikes the burned one.

Yes and risk him accepting it, which would mean we would have spent £25 mill and meant we wouldn't have enough space in the squad for his supposed top target. I really don't think its because fergie was scared of a fan backlash, this is the same SAF who told some of our fans to go support chelsea........

IF fergie wanted Benzema as his top target then why on earth would he have offered Tevez a deal?

Think about it muppets...
3630243492_a2027f2252_o.gif

Yes and risk him accepting it, which would mean we would have spent £25 mill and meant we wouldn't have enough space in the squad for his supposed top target. I really don't think its because fergie was scared of a fan backlash, this is the same SAF who told some of our fans to go support chelsea........

And yet, we also gave a pretty strict deadline, which may have meant we had other targets in minds. Whatever the situation is, Tevez is NOT staying, and therefore plans may change and we may try to bring in players we did not plan to.

And yet, we also gave a pretty strict deadline, which may have meant we had other targets in minds. Whatever the situation is, Tevez is NOT staying, and therefore plans may change and we may try to bring in players we did not plan to.

All that shows is that we wanted a third striker, doesn't say anything about Benzema being our primary target.

Yeah with Madrid bidding for Benzema now then I think he will be signing for them pretty soon. I think Aguero is one of the few World Class players left out there that Fergie might now try and go for! But he is very expensive and is he much different to Tevez? I have barely seen him play so I dunno but he seems a bit on the short side also and we already dont have much height in our attack!! But I wouldnt say no but I wouldnt be pissed off if we dont get anyone up front this summer! Macheda is maybe just 2 years away from becoming an regular in the team!

Maybe after SAF found out he wasn't getting Tevez he decided to make Benzema his primary target?

IF he expected Ronaldo to stay (IF), then I think he would have let Tevez go anyway, otherwise we would have offered him a contract long time ago. But since Ronaldo wanted to leave, he decided to not lose another player and wanted Tevez to stay. I think another striker was always coming up imo and he decided to let Tevez go, or another winger with Ronaldo upfront

IF he expected Ronaldo to stay (IF), then I think he would have let Tevez go anyway, otherwise we would have offered him a contract long time ago. But since Ronaldo wanted to leave, he decided to not lose another player and wanted Tevez to stay. I think another striker was always coming up imo and he decided to let Tevez go, or another winger with Ronaldo upfront

I think he knew ronaldo was going to go and maybe he thought tevez would be enough without having to buy another striker. But as we all have seen, tevez didn't sign and therefore SAF has had to look at different players.

Just like when United got Rooney, Newcastle United's bid forced United to buy Rooney earlier than they wanted. This might be the case with Benzema, maybe United wanted him next season but now that tevez is gone as well, they are going for him now?

woohooooo, come to daddyyyy

Lyon coach Claude Puel has admitted the Ligue 1 club would let Karim Benzema join Manchester United if the France striker wished to do so.

The 21-year-old is one of the world's hottest properties at the moment, with the Red Devils, Inter Milan and Real Madrid among the clubs reportedly considering a 40 million euro (£34million) bid.

Both Lyon and Benzema have always claimed he will remain at the Stade Gerland at least until next summer's World Cup, but Puel knows that could swiftly change.

"We know his importance at OL and his efficiency in our squad," Puel told the club's website. "He's an exceptional player, but we also know the financial figures of the club.

"We will evaluate the situation with him when he comes back - July 2 - what he wants to do, we'll listen to him.

"For several months he has said that he wishes to stay with us for the year before the World Cup.

"If he has any dreams of leaving we will discuss them with him if there are any concrete offers, which is not the case at the moment.

"So there is no 'Benzema problem' because the player is still with us. Ahead of a transfer which could be out of the ordinary, there is everything to consider."

Puel insists, however, that Benzema will only leave if the club manage to line up a suitable replacement.

"We will study the situation if it happens to present itself," he continued. "This doesn't mean that he will definitely leave Lyon.

"For any coach it would be a great loss to lose Karim. It would mean that we have to replace him - therefore it would be out of the question to lose Karim if one or two players of his calibre were not coming in."

Benzema came through the ranks with the French giants and burst onto the scene in the 2007-08 season with 31 goals in 51 games, a streak that saw him named Ligue 1 Player of the Year as well as top the scoring charts.

The last campaign was less impressive for both club and player, as Lyon ended the season without the Ligue 1 title for the first time in eight years, but the France forward nevertheless scored 23 goals in all competitions - an average of a goal every other game.

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,1778_5407144,00.html

It's certain with all the noises coming from the club that Karim is definitely on the market.

It seems Lyon are desperate to start a bidding war.

http://www.footmercato.net/ol-benzema-s-eloigne-et-pose-avec_article36053.html

Un dossier qui ne manque pas de surprendre puisque selon Aujourd’hui Sport, à l’occasion d’une séance photo pour un jeu vidéo dont il est une des égéries, Benzema serait apparu devant tout un public avec la tunique de l’OL... avant de s’éclipser derrière un paravent, à l’abri des regards d’un public soigneusement écarté, pour poser avec le maillot de MU ! Certes l’information est à prendre avec des pincettes, mais il y a de quoi y voir un signe.

quick translation : What a surprising case, according to "Aujourd'hui sport" (daily sport newspaper, worse than l'equipe) Benzema did a public photo shoot for a video game (FIFA 10 i guess), wearing a Lyon shirt and then went to the backstage. He might have been seen wearing a United shirt, being shot by a photograph.

This website is even less reliable than the dailymail... I just wanted to post it before it is translated in english by the sun or something and you all think it's a done deal.

quick translation : What a surprising case, according to "Aujourd'hui sport" (daily sport newspaper, worse than l'equipe) Benzema did a public photo shoot for a video game (FIFA 10 i guess), wearing a Lyon shirt and then went to the backstage. He might have been seen wearing a United shirt, being shot by a photograph.

This website is even less reliable than the dailymail... I just wanted to post it before it is translated in english by the sun or something and you all think it's a done deal.

fecksake - the French Tevez - Benzemeth :lol:

:lol::lol: Rumors really start out of nothing don't they ?

fecksake - the French Tevez - Benzemeth :lol:

Tevez made a public appearance with a United shirt given by Nike.

Benzema was more likely to wear a red t-shirt, while the photograph was changing his memory card just next to him. A footmercato journalist saw them and wrote the shit i posted above. "Benzema was being shot by a photograph wearing a United shirt". I don't believe in this story but in the days to come there'll probably be an article in a footy website about that shooting session, you just need to know where it's from.

http://www.lesdessousdusport.fr/merc...anchester-5982

Translation of the above:

While running an advertisement in Barcelona for one of its sponsors, Karim Benzema have been seen with the jersey of Manchester United on the back ...

This is an information which may be much discussed. Yesterday morning, Olympique Lyonnais returned to training in the absence of his attacker spotlight. Until then, nothing unusual, since this absence was long-planned. International french was in effect on the Catalan coast to shoot a spot of gaming firm Electronic Arts. But that's not all. According to the Daily Sport Today, Karim Benzema have been seen with the Manchester United jersey on the shoulders. The French appeared to be some fans there with the jersey of the OL before going to hide behind a screen and put the Red Devils ...

At the same time, his coach, Claude Puel, clearly left the door open for his departure. "We will listen to see if Karim has ambitions of starting," says the coach in the columns of The Team. "Until now, he always said he wanted to stay one more year at OL before the World Cup. But it says we can not keep a player against his will. In a transfer that could be exceptional and ambitions of departure, there is to be considered. We'll see if there are any concrete offers. For the moment, this is not the case. " Benzema jersey with the Red Devils? Coup de bluff for the daily Sport today that the latest issue appears this Tuesday ...

Google translation of a link from a french forum:

OL: Benzema away ... and posing with the jersey of MU!

30/06/2009 - 08 h 20 - Matthew Margueritte

© MAXPPP
Related Teams

* Olympique Lyonnais

Players

* Karim Benzema

He denies to open the door to a departure of Karim Benzema. However, Claude Puel knows. Like the president Aulas, if the No. 10 de l'Olympique Lyonnais decides a transfer will be inevitable. JMA was recently reported that economic realities can sometimes take precedence over the choice of sport. Clearly, despite a speech at the start providing a non-transfer of Karim Benzema, the current economic situation is such that mercato OL can not afford to refuse an offer for its staggering player if it arises.

And given the way that Real Madrid has made the market explode, rhodaniens leaders were quick to see the largest in Europe out their checkbook. So, if Manchester United today seems to occupy pole position to engage the services of the player, Lyon technical staff is no more illusion.

"We will focus on 2 July when he returns from holiday. Until now, he has always said he wanted to stay with us, at least until the World Cup 2010. Karim listen on his ambitions. And then, possibly, it will make less, "said Puel in the columns of The Team. Now relaying the same as its chairman, the Lyon coach must already have some idea of the turn that will take this case.

A folder that does not fail to surprise, since according Sport Today, during a photo shoot for a video game which is one of Egerer, Benzema would have appeared before an audience with the tunic of the OL. .. before you fall behind a screen, out of sight of the public carefully avoided, to pose with the jersey of MU! While the information is to take with tweezers, but there is something to see a sign.

footmercato

I put AC in case, I do not know if CA has already been said. Bon ca site come from a towel, and it's really not reliable (it could very well make several test jersey for a possible.

Maybe EA wanted a pic of him in his new shirt for amending the advert if he signed for us. :D

Benzema was more likely to wear a red t-shirt, while the photograph was changing his memory card just next to him. A footmercato journalist saw them and wrote the shit i posted above. "Benzema was being shot by a photograph wearing a United shirt". I don't believe in this story but in the days to come there'll probably be an article in a footy website about that shooting session, you just need to know where it's from.

Cheers :cool:

Exactly Tevez is sponsored by Nike and he just casually wore the Jersey to a press conference while he was still at Corinthians in Brazil..

Where as Benzema is sponsored by Addidas and there is no chance that he would be wearing a Manchester United Jersey as we are sponsored by Nike.. Also the fact that he took pictures in his Lyon jersey and not in the Red T-shirt/Jersey gives a clear indication that this is just a rumour..

Exactly Tevez is sponsored by Nike and he just casually wore the Jersey to a press conference while he was still at Corinthians in Brazil..

Where as Benzema is sponsored by Addidas and there is no chance that he would be wearing a Manchester United Jersey as we are sponsored by Nike.. Also the fact that he took pictures in his Lyon jersey and not in the Red T-shirt/Jersey gives a clear indication that this is just a rumour..

Spoil sport :(

maybe he has to keep the deal secret until it's finalised. Hence the secret wearing of the shirt.

Of course it is a rumour, until he confirms it or denies it, it will be a rumour.

However, Tevez wore the United top because he'd been getting grief over not wearing Nike stuff at press conferences. He didn't casually wear it, he was making a point.

As for Benzema, the 'story' is that it was a photoshoot for FIFA, so of course they be taking pics of him in the Lyon kit. He may have also had pics taken wearing a United kit, so that EA could use that asset on their game ads should he move to United. This wouldn't be done in an official capacity, but as a 'just in case' thing. I wouldn't be surprised if he had his pic taken in a Real top too.

David Beckham ?

http://www.lesdessousdusport.fr/merc...anchester-5982

Translation of the above:

While running an advertisement in Barcelona for one of its sponsors, Karim Benzema have been seen with the jersey of Manchester United on the back ...

This is an information which may be much discussed. Yesterday morning, Olympique Lyonnais returned to training in the absence of his attacker spotlight. Until then, nothing unusual, since this absence was long-planned. International french was in effect on the Catalan coast to shoot a spot of gaming firm Electronic Arts. But that's not all. According to the Daily Sport Today, Karim Benzema have been seen with the Manchester United jersey on the shoulders. The French appeared to be some fans there with the jersey of the OL before going to hide behind a screen and put the Red Devils ...

At the same time, his coach, Claude Puel, clearly left the door open for his departure. "We will listen to see if Karim has ambitions of starting," says the coach in the columns of The Team. "Until now, he always said he wanted to stay one more year at OL before the World Cup. But it says we can not keep a player against his will. In a transfer that could be exceptional and ambitions of departure, there is to be considered. We'll see if there are any concrete offers. For the moment, this is not the case. " Benzema jersey with the Red Devils? Coup de bluff for the daily Sport today that the latest issue appears this Tuesday ...

Google translation of a link from a french forum:

OL: Benzema away ... and posing with the jersey of MU!

30/06/2009 - 08 h 20 - Matthew Margueritte

© MAXPPP
Related Teams

* Olympique Lyonnais

Players

* Karim Benzema

He denies to open the door to a departure of Karim Benzema. However, Claude Puel knows. Like the president Aulas, if the No. 10 de l'Olympique Lyonnais decides a transfer will be inevitable. JMA was recently reported that economic realities can sometimes take precedence over the choice of sport. Clearly, despite a speech at the start providing a non-transfer of Karim Benzema, the current economic situation is such that mercato OL can not afford to refuse an offer for its staggering player if it arises.

And given the way that Real Madrid has made the market explode, rhodaniens leaders were quick to see the largest in Europe out their checkbook. So, if Manchester United today seems to occupy pole position to engage the services of the player, Lyon technical staff is no more illusion.

"We will focus on 2 July when he returns from holiday. Until now, he has always said he wanted to stay with us, at least until the World Cup 2010. Karim listen on his ambitions. And then, possibly, it will make less, "said Puel in the columns of The Team. Now relaying the same as its chairman, the Lyon coach must already have some idea of the turn that will take this case.

A folder that does not fail to surprise, since according Sport Today, during a photo shoot for a video game which is one of Egerer, Benzema would have appeared before an audience with the tunic of the OL. .. before you fall behind a screen, out of sight of the public carefully avoided, to pose with the jersey of MU! While the information is to take with tweezers, but there is something to see a sign.

footmercato

I put AC in case, I do not know if CA has already been said. Bon ca site come from a towel, and it's really not reliable (it could very well make several test jersey for a possible.

Maybe EA wanted a pic of him in his new shirt for amending the advert if he signed for us. :D

davewhelan.jpg

He got fined €13,000 by Corrinthians for wearing it - I dont think they would agree with you that it was harmless man. From recollection - he was trying to piss them off, get Worldwide attention & very much succeeded in doing so!

Tevez has had trouble follow him at many of the clubs he's played at!

Status
Not open for further replies.