Karim Benzema

Status
Not open for further replies.
so apart from his consistent goalscoring in the french league his 4 goals in the champions league 2 seasons ago and his 5 in the champions league last season including an absolute belter against us make him worth how much do you think?

He scored a goal against us, and got a few more goals in the CL, thats great, but he has VERY limited International experience, and hasn't been great when he has played. But a few goals doesn't make you a £40 mil player IMO.

The french league has an poor defences, so he is going to get a decent number of goals. But there is nothing there to say he is worth £40 mil. It is rediculous to even suggest it IMO.

He scored a goal against us, and got a few more goals in the CL, thats great, but he has VERY limited International experience, and hasn't been great when he has played. But a few goals doesn't make you a £40 mil player IMO.

The french league has an poor defences, so he is going to get a decent number of goals. But there is nothing there to say he is worth £40 mil. It is rediculous to even suggest it IMO.

Yeah Lets sign Tevez!

you said he is not worth 30 million. he scored 4 in 7 in europe 2 years ago and 5 in 8 last year. europe is considered a decent proving ground for a striker. so I'm asking what you value him at. if not 30 then how much

Berba scored 4 goals in the CL this season, are you telling me he is worth £40 million? And that was in a bad season for him.

Give me a break! Most people would agree that even £30 mil was abit toppy for him. There is no proof he is worth £40 mil.

...p.s. Alex grow up. If you can't make a decent contribution to the discussion (which I think its fair to say you can't) then just shut up.

Berba scored 4 goals in the CL this season, are you telling me he is worth £40 million? And that was in a bad season for him.

Give me a break! Most people would agree that even £30 mil was abit toppy for him. There is no proof he is worth £40 mil.

...p.s. Alex grow up. If you can't make a decent contribution to the discussion (which I think its fair to say you can't) then just shut up.

I'm not talking about 40 million. in your previous post you said he is not worth 30 million. i'd love to know what you base that on. I am not gettin into berba or tevez comments much as you'd love to. you made a statement. benzema is not worth 30 million. so go on. value him and justify it

you said he is not worth 30 million. he scored 4 in 7 in europe 2 years ago and 5 in 8 last year. europe is considered a decent proving ground for a striker. so I'm asking what you value him at. if not 30 then how much

Honestly I don't know what I would price him as, but it would be far from £40 mil. Probably £25 mil. Yes the 2 massive transfers have upped the anti in terms of fee's this summer, but there were 2 very experienced players, both of whom have been the best player in the world. Benzema isn't close to that quality and hasn't got nearly as much experience.

Honestly I don't know what I would price him as, but it would be far from £40 mil. Probably £25 mil. Yes the 2 massive transfers have upped the anti in terms of fee's this summer, but there were 2 very experienced players, both of whom have been the best player in the world. Benzema isn't close to that quality and hasn't got nearly as much experience.

so you are sayin he's worth 25 million but not 30 million. right. great point

who is saying he is on a par with ronaldo or kaka. as a matter of fact at 30 million he is worth about half that of kaka and a third that of ronaldo. not bad for one of the hottest prospects in european football.

so you are sayin he's worth 25 million but not 30 million. right. great point

who is saying he is on a par with ronaldo or kaka. as a matter of fact at 30 million he is worth about half that of kaka and a third that of ronaldo. not bad for one of the hottest prospects in european football.

£5 mil isn't pocket change mate. :rolleyes:

The prices for Ron and Kaka were exstautionate, over what they should of gone for. No wonder us and Milan bit Madrid's hand off. I mean huterlaar was the last hot prospect, from a poor league banging in loads of goals, it means nothing. Certainly doesn't mean he is valued at £30 mil.

Henry signed for Barca 2 years ago for E24 mil, surely you aren't saying prices have rised so much as to say that Benzema is worth £30 mil today? Even though he is probably half the player still despite Henry being 31. IMO to say he is worth £30 mil is rediculous.

:lol: Look in the mirror you twat

£5 mil isn't pocket change mate. :rolleyes:

The prices for Ron and Kaka were exstautionate, over what they should of gone for. No wonder us and Milan bit Madrid's hand off. I mean huterlaar was the last hot prospect, from a poor league banging in loads of goals, it means nothing. Certainly doesn't mean he is valued at £30 mil.

Henry signed for Barca 2 years ago for E24 mil, surely you aren't saying prices have rised so much as to say that Benzema is worth £30 mil today? Even though he is probably half the player still despite Henry being 31. IMO to say he is worth £30 mil is rediculous.

(extortionate)

I just find it amusing that you come on here slamming a 30 million valuation of benzema but agree he is worth 25 million.

considering we would be negotiating for a much sought after striker and we need one badly I would suggest that 5 million in this situation is small change

Has anyone got any got Youtube footage of Benzema, only actually ever seen him play against us two seasons ago (when he was good especially at OT) and for France at the Euro's when he was shite

(extortionate)

I just find it amusing that you come on here slamming a 30 million valuation of benzema but agree he is worth 25 million.

considering we would be negotiating for a much sought after striker and we need one badly I would suggest that 5 million in this situation is small change

The guy is valued around £40 mil by Lyon. I thought it was silly that Journalist laughed at an E32 mil bid for for the guy. IMO that is a fair offer for a kid of 21 that has accomplished very little in his career, that by his own confession still needs to learn his trade for another year. To me labelling him any higher is far fetched and you are paying way over the odds. For a player who could very likely be a flop!

Look if a E32 mil offer was laughed off, then so would a £30 mil offer. They want an awful lot, for a very over rated player. IMO.

The guy is valued around £40 mil by Lyon. I thought it was silly that Journalist laughed at an E32 mil bid for for the guy. IMO that is a fair offer for a kid of 21 that has accomplished very little in his career, that by his own confession still needs to learn his trade for another year. To me labelling him any higher is far fetched and you are paying way over the odds. For a player who could very likely be a flop!

Look if a E32 mil offer was laughed off, then so would a £30 mil offer. They want an awful lot, for a very over rated player. IMO.

I dont care what lyon valued him at. or whats been offered for him. I wanted to know what you valued him at cos you were quite clear he was not worth 30 million. turns out you pretty much value him at around 30 million yourself. so I guess you were posting something you did not actually believe. seems oddly familiar:rolleyes:

I think if he goes this year it is going to be for around £35m. Whatever any of us value him at does not matter, Lyon know he is wanted by a lot of clubs in today's market, and therefore they are going to want top dollar for him.

I think if he goes this year it is going to be for around £35m. Whatever any of us value him at does not matter, Lyon know he is wanted by a lot of clubs in today's market, and therefore they are going to want top dollar for him.

Well said and I totally agree

exactly and if we want him we are going to have to pay it. whatever that is. it just annoys me when people want to rant about valuations and what a player is worth in a situation like this. if he improves the team and helps us win things then I really dont care what we pay. I want to see money invested in making our team great. any player as highly rated as him in todays market is going to cost us big time. so we suck it up or watch him go to a rival. thats the bottom line

Who gives a shit about his international record anyway? This statement always annoys me. People do realise that you don't play against the Italian or Argentine defence every game at international level right? The average footballer comes up against a larger ratio of average to crap defences at international level than they do at club level anyway I reckon. For instance, if I were a striker, I'd fancy my chances of scoring against Khaka Kaladze's Georgia defence than his Milan defence in the CL.

Anyone who has followed England all their life for example has probably seen them face nearly 50% of teams who they hadn't even heard of their keeper or defenders before.

Who gives a shit about his international record anyway? This statement always annoys me. People do realise that you don't play against the Italian or Argentine defence every game at international level right? The average footballer comes up against a larger ratio of average to crap defences at international level than they do at club level anyway I reckon. For instance, if I were a striker, I'd fancy my chances of scoring against Khaka Kaladze's Georgia defence than his Milan defence in the CL.

Anyone who has followed England all their life for example has probably seen them face nearly 50% of teams who they hadn't even heard of their keeper or defenders before.

david healy has a great record in international football. says it all really

Shouldn't that mean his international record should be much better then?

The top players have great records in both of course. And to be fair to Benzema he hasn't properly broken the starting line up yet, no doubt he doesn't play 90 minutes a game, and that makes his goal stats look worse than they are

I actually don't mind paying bit money for a player like this. He's always going to have big resale value even if he doesn't quite come off given his age and billing in French football. If 5 million is the difference between getting the player your really want, and settling for someone else, and you've exhausted negotiation scope... pay a little 'over the odds' I say. Better than the Benitez approach of buying 2 or 3 shitter players to make up for it

I think you are really wrong.It's harder to score in France in some aspect because most of the time you play against teams with 10 players the ball and also with your own team not being attacking enough.Just look at the great goalscorers who develloped their skills abroad and played in France.
Apart from this season most of the time there are more goals scored in any other league before France so your idea that it is easy to score there is flawed IMO

Shouldn't that mean his international record should be much better then?

The top players have great records in both of course. And to be fair to Benzema he hasn't properly broken the starting line up yet, no doubt he doesn't play 90 minutes a game, and that makes his goal stats look worse than they are

I actually don't mind paying bit money for a player like this. He's always going to have big resale value even if he doesn't quite come off given his age and billing in French football. If 5 million is the difference between getting the player your really want, and settling for someone else, and you've exhausted negotiation scope... pay a little 'over the odds' I say. Better than the Benitez approach of buying 2 or 3 shitter players to make up for it

I think he was trying to explain that proving yourself against weak international teams is unimportant, seeing as he has an impressive CL record.

Doesn't help that Domenech picks his teams by referring to the stars

Idiot :rolleyes:

He has also specifically named us as being one of the three or four teams in europe that 'anyone would want to play for'.

He would prefer Real, yes. But he's not going to blindly go to them if he thinks we offer the better option.

When a player says he would like to play for United it is a bullshit article and not true, but when they say they want to play for madrid it has to be 100% true.

Maybe Benzema's first choice was madrid, but after the signings they have made, I do not think it is anymore. If he is worried about the world cup and playing regular football then madrid is not the way to go.

I think everyone knows that Raul is not going to be bench anytime soon and madrid are going to play with one striker upfront.

I do not know why, but I truly believe he is currently in talks with United. His agent keeps referring to United when talking about him.

The bid that madrid supposedly put in for him does not make sense either, that clearly have money to spend, why bid so low?

Under what grounds would you say he was worth more?
The guy is 21, has only really proved himself in the French league (is a fairly poor league, in comparison to England, and for a team that has dominated for a few years), and he can't hold down an international place.
IMO he hasn't proved himself to be a £40 mil player at all, let a lone a £30 mil player. Either way I think he will eventually go to Madrid, they have always been his proffered destination.
There are some things to consider: First of all you don't get world-class talent (and anyone watching Benzema on a more regular basis than youtube will tell you there are very few better prospects around) for a 'decent' prize in today's transfer market. Benzema has proved to score regularly in a good league; the French league certainly isn't as good as the Premier League, but it's nowhere near as bad as you try to make out.
And, the most important thing is Aulas is not going to sell his most valuable player for anything less than big money. He knows Benzema is special, he knows the market is inflated and will demand shitloads of money. Anyone watching the market closely will know why.
How do you know about Madrid being 'always his preferred destination'? He mentioned us a few times as well. Media bollocks after all.
Conclusion: The current transfer market, Benzema's ability and potential, Lyon being in a good position to negotiate (Benzema's contract runs until 2013) and Aulas being a damn good negotiator makes me understand why they laugh off a £27m bid. Benzena will prove to be worth whatever a club pays for him. You can quote me on that.

Think 40m will get the nod, although I think it is a bit steep. Aulas knows his onions, and is a hard negotiator. We need a good striker; and Fergie knows one when he sees one. So, if Fergie wants him at OT, he will have to pay that "little bit" extra.

We aint going to get him, it saddens me our muscle in the transfer market is non existent.

Status
Not open for further replies.