Karim Benzema

Status
Not open for further replies.
when Arsenal are in for a player, you know he's legitimate and not overhyped.

2sajtch.gif

Yes, silly me, how could I forget about the Arsenal effect.

I mean they tried to sign Babel didn't they, who's turned out to be a WPOTY candidate?

Hleb, Rosicky, Reyes, Senderos too.

They don't feck about with young talent do they.
:boring:

Hleb and Flamini eventually became a great player for them 2 seasons ago.

what about Henry, Fabregas, Arshavin, Nasri, Sagna, RvP, Adebayor, etc ?

:boring:

Hleb and Flamini eventually became a great player for them 2 seasons ago.

what about Henry, Fabregas, Arshavin, Nasri, Sagna, RvP, Adebayor, etc ?

Yes, because Arsenal are the only side who sign good young players. :wenger:

You suggested that Arsenal being after a player is the acid test of them being good players.

What a completely stupid statement. If Arsenal are such exceptional talent spotters compared to the rest of us why have failed miserably at everything for 5 years?

Yes, because Arsenal are the only side who sign good young players. :wenger:

You suggested that Arsenal being after a player is the acid test of them being good players.

What a completely stupid statement. If Arsenal are such exceptional talent spotters compared to the rest of us why have failed miserably at everything for 5 years?
So now I'm stupid?

You can't deny that they're very good with scouting and evaluating talent, Wenger is always unearthing hidden gems. However I never said they were good with giving their players enough quid to stick around (Hleb, Flamini) or good with building a team with a good mix of youth and experienced footballers or whatever.

when Arsenal are in for a player, you know he's legitimate and not overhyped. Just another indication that Benzema will most likely become a top striker in Europe...

bi_francis_jeffers.jpg

Franny "Fox in the Box" Jeffers

_1912295_wright300.jpg

Richard "Future England Number 1" Wright

_1527355_stepanovs300.jpg

Igor "I'm shit" Stepanovs

_42036760_reyes_getty.jpg

Jose "serial flop" Antonio Reyes

Muppet!

Arsenal sign great players, and flops. Rather like Fergie. The fact that Wenger likes Benzema means nothing beyond the obvious potential we can all see. It in no way guarantees that he really will be the world class striker we're hoping for

We have won 3 European Cups, they haven't done that, even once.

yeah and liverpool have won 5...

all great achievements but that "invincible" era was pretty special... you must be a prick not to see that...

just like arsenal fans who belittle waht we have done or bitter scousers...

yeah and liverpool have won 5...

all great achievements but that "invincible" era was pretty special... you must be a prick not to see that...

just like arsenal fans who belittle waht we have done or bitter scousers...

You're missing the point. There's an alleged United fan saying that Arsenal being interested in a player (according to the tabloids :rolleyes:) must mean he's a good player because Wenger is so amazing. Alex Ferguson being interested in the player is not a sign of the players quality at all.

Now that's fecked up thinking.

It could go tiits up for him at Madrid, a lot easier than it could for him under Sir Alex. And, from what we can gather, he is rather cautious about moving for fear of misssing out on the WC

I believe the lure of being mentored by Sir Alex would put us in with a chance even if Real want him too.

It could go tiits up for him at Madrid, a lot easier than it could for him under Sir Alex. And, from what we can gather, he is rather cautious about moving for fear of misssing out on the WC

I believe the lure of being mentored by Sir Alex would put us in with a chance even if Real want him too.

I kind of doubt Madrid would put up the kind of money that Lyon will want this season. I know they've gone on a mental spending spree, but I can still see them hesitating to pay the massive fee Aulas will want for a player who was their second choice, after David Villa.

I think it's much more likely that Madrid will be telling Benzema to sit tight until next year, much as they are doing with Ribery. And that would suit Benzema just fine as he prepares for the World Cup.

I think the Benzema situation is:

50% stays at Lyon until next summer
30% goes to Madrid this summer
10% goes to Barca this summer
10% goes to United this summer

No chance of him going to Arsenal this year given the cost of the deal and Wengers tight purse strings.

But we can all agree that the mere fact that the newspapers think Wenger rates him means he must be a good player. If only we could get the papers to write stories about how Wenger rates Valencia as well.

I kind of doubt Madrid would put up the kind of money that Lyon will want this season. I know they've gone on a mental spending spree, but I can still see them hesitating to pay the massive fee Aulas will want for a player who was their second choice, after David Villa.

I think it's much more likely that Madrid will be telling Benzema to sit tight until next year, much as they are doing with Ribery. And that would suit Benzema just fine as he prepares for the World Cup.

No chance of him going to Arsenal this year given the cost of the deal and Wengers tight purse strings.

But at least we now know he's a proper talent because of Arsenal's interest.

i think there's a MUCH higher chance of him coming to us than that.

too much has been read into from old, rehashed, out of context quotes from an anti Utd media.

i reckon it's more like...

40% stays at Lyon until next summer
25% goes to Manchester United this summer
20% goes to Real Madrid this summer
15% goes to Barcelona this summer

Yes, silly me, how could I forget about the Arsenal effect.

I mean they tried to sign Babel didn't they, who's turned out to be a WPOTY candidate?

Hleb, Rosicky, Reyes, Senderos too.

They don't feck about with young talent do they.

What's wrong with these two?

You're missing the point. There's an alleged United fan saying that Arsenal being interested in a player (according to the tabloids :rolleyes:) must mean he's a good player because Wenger is so amazing. Alex Ferguson being interested in the player is not a sign of the players quality at all.

Now that's fecked up thinking.
I'm just saying, there were people who thought Nasri and Arshavin, etc. were "overrated", "not class", "wouldn't cut it in the Prem" or whatever despite performing in their previous leagues/internationally. Wenger proved the doubters wrong.

tbh I'm also hyping up the excitment of the potential signing of Benzema, it makes the whole thing that much more fun

Franny "Fox in the Box" Jeffers

Richard "Future England Number 1" Wright

Igor "I'm shit" Stepanovs

Muppet!

Arsenal sign great players, and flops. Rather like Fergie. The fact that Wenger likes Benzema means nothing beyond the obvious potential we can all see. It in no way guarantees that he really will be the world class striker we're hoping for
in my defense, this IS a muppet thread is it not? the Caf has become such a not-fun place for summer muppetry. This is a time when we get to kick back, relax for the holidays, and dream about the excitment surrounding transfers

in my defense, this IS a muppet thread is it not? the Caf has become such a not-fun place for summer muppetry. This is a time when we get to kick back, relax for the holidays, and dream about the excitment surrounding transfers

it is also peak time for "make myself feel powerful via gratuitous use of the word 'Muppet' on an online messageboard regarding subjects i have no more inside knowledge on than the person who's opinion i'm rubbishing"...

the growing rivalry between the 'transfer muppets' and the 'muppet muppets' is more apparant every year.

In ALX8725's defence, he was just making a fairly innocuous comment and has been jumped on by the crowd. It was a bit over the top.

the growing rivalry between the 'transfer muppets' and the 'muppet muppets' is more apparant every year.

The two are natural enemies. The battle will continue until one side has terminated the other!

SSN are reporting that sources in spain have claimed Real Madrid have lodged a 27m bid for Benzema.

get in there united

Hleb had no end product and was fairly innocuous as a player, epitomising Arsenal really.

Rosicky came with a pretty big reputation, having been a Czech international and outstanding in Germany. Never lived up to it and far too injury prone.

Hleb was brilliant in his last season, and contributed plenty during his time there, regardless of him being unproductive.

Rosicky does very well for them whenever he plays, it's just, like Saha, he rarely plays/played. It's no coincidence that his injury coincided with Arsenal collapsing in the 06/07 season. Very important player for them when fit.

_42036760_reyes_getty.jpg

On the subject of Reyes I only read the other day that he was loaned out from Atletico Madrid to Benfica last season :eek:

My god from looking the tits at Sevilla, to looking like TBPITW during the early months of his Arsenal stay to not even being good enough for Atletico Madrid :confused: how can have fallen so much

The Neville's really did a number on him

SSN are reporting that sources in spain have claimed Real Madrid have lodged a 27m bid for Benzema.

get in there united

Only 27m? I would've thought Madrid would have launched at LEAST double that. With the 80m they gave us for Ronaldo we should be able to compete.

Rosicky does very well for them whenever he plays, it's just, like Saha, he rarely plays/played. It's no coincidence that his injury coincided with Arsenal collapsing in the 06/07 season. Very important player for them when fit.

yeas if he stays fit this season, they buy a midfielder who can tackle and free p fabregas a bit and arsharvin plays like he did at the back end of last season they could well challenge this year...

imo they still need a new keeper but a fit rossisky + a good defencive midfielder and i think they are at least the equal of liverpool in terms of squad strength

Only 27m? I would've thought Madrid would have launched at LEAST double that. With the 80m they gave us for Ronaldo we should be able to compete.

yep we should be able to lodge a greater bid than that. and it should prove his desire to be at united if he has the choice and comes to us

Which, according to the bullcrap media, is extremely unlikely. Expect to wake up tomorrow to "Is this man set to join Ronaldo and Kaka at Real Madrid" on SSN.

Status
Not open for further replies.