Karim Benzema

Status
Not open for further replies.
so real mdrid are getting zizou to talk to all prospective players to join them - we on benzemas webiste it mentions 2 of his heros
so tell SAF to get robert di nero and jessica alba to have a word with the boy and point him in the direstion of manchester !

Man. Utd: Benzema en approche
Selon RMC, des représentants de Karim Benzema se seraient déplacés aujourd'hui en Angleterre afin de rencontrer les dirigeants mancuniens, qui ont pour priorité le jeune attaquant international. Bien que l'OL n'ait pas encore pris de décisions, on imagine assez facilement que si une grosse offre venait à se Page Rankingésenter, elle sera acceptée.

http://www.football.fr/footballfr/c.../man-utd-benzema-en-approche_69344.html?popup

Man. Utd: Benzema en approche Utd: Benzema approach
According to RMC, representatives from Karim Benzema will be moved today to England to meet leaders mancuniens, which have priority for the young international striker. Although the OL has not yet taken any decisions, we easily imagine that if a big offer were to arise, it will be accepted.

He'd probably cost about £35m to £40m in this market and we'd receive most of it back if not more in 2 or 3 years when we move him on to Real. During that time Macheda and Welbeck will probably become good enough to play for us on a regular basis. I'd say it's well worth it.

Hmm. Would be a decent signing I suppose. If we can't get Owen or Martins, I would settle for Benzema.

He'd probably cost about £35m to £40m in this market and we'd receive most of it back if not more in 2 or 3 years when we move him on to Real. During that time Macheda and Welbeck will probably become good enough to play for us on a regular basis. I'd say it's well worth it.

The voice of reason. Good post.

especially when pato is touted at about 50 million and aguero at 45 million...

if we could get benzema at 35 million in this market i think that would be a good bit of business

True. Would we really get him for 35m though?

True. Would we really get him for 35m though?

I said between £35m and £40m, probably closer to £40m. I'm not sure but this is the price that has been quoted in media most of the time. His fee wouldn't exceed £45m I reckon while Aguero's or Pato's may easily surpass £50m. What we have to do is to estimate which of them will have the best re-sale value and I reckon that would be Benzema with Real being keen on him for ages.

I said between £35m and £40m, probably closer to £40m. I'm not sure but this is the price that has been quoted in media most of the time. His fee wouldn't exceed £45m I reckon while Aguero's or Pato's may easily surpass £50m. What we have to do is to estimate which of them will have the best re-sale value and I reckon that would be Benzema with Real being keen on him for ages.

While it's sensible to sign young players who won't lose value quickly, I very much doubt we'll be conducting our transfer business with an eye to selling to Real in a few years.

We've sold them a few oldies who were passed their best, and Ronaldo was a one-off situation where we were offered a ridiculous sum of money which we couldn't refuse, given the player's warranted desire to leave having achieved everything in his 6 years at United.

I wouldn't bank on it becoming a regular occurrence that we sell good young players to Real, unless they're going to throw around £80m+ on players every transfer window, which I doubt even they can afford to do.

While it's sensible to sign young players who won't lose value quickly, I very much doubt we'll be conducting our transfer business with an eye to selling to Real in a few years.

We've sold them a few oldies who were passed their best, and Ronaldo was a one-off situation where we were offered a ridiculous sum of money which we couldn't refuse, given the player's warranted desire to leave having achieved everything in his 6 years at United.

I wouldn't bank on it becoming a regular occurrence that we sell good young players to Real, unless they're going to throw around £80m+ on players every transfer window, which I doubt even they can afford to do.

Surely we have to consider than whichever young star we are going to sign, he may ask for a move sooner or later. Especially in Benzema's case when he has said many times that he wants to play in Spain someday.

If he performs for us and proves to be one of the best around, Real or another big club with money to spend will come knocking and eventually we will have to sell. Benzema doesn't strike me as a particularly loyal folk, I reckon he will have at least 3 more clubs before the end of his career.

Owen, of course. He won't be going to Madrid :p

Dont get overexcited there may be quality pensions for crocked players in Spain. :p

Id rather see us sign Ruud then Owen. At least the former can stand on his two feet without getting injured

Surely we have to consider than whichever young star we are going to sign, he may ask for a move sooner or later. Especially in Benzema's case when he has said many times that he wants to play in Spain someday.

If he performs for us and proves to be one of the best around, Real or another big club with money to spend will come knocking and eventually we will have to sell. Benzema doesn't strike me as a particularly loyal folk, I reckon he will have at least 3 more clubs before the end of his career.

No we won't. We didn't have to sell Ronaldo, and didn't until it was on our terms, and only then for an astronomical fee which no club would refuse. It was a one-off. They could try the same with Rooney or Vidic and we wouldn't have to sell. Ronaldo had achieved everything he could at the club, after 6 years of full commitment and success.

Benzema has mentioned these Spanish dreams which is a concern I suppose, but if we got 6 years out of him, like Ronaldo, then shifted him on when he's 27 I doubt anyone could complain. But yes, perhaps someone like Aguero would be a better option, as he's previously said he won't play for Real, out of respect for Atletico I presume. And Real are the only club higher in the food chain than us.

Selon RMC, des représentants de Karim Benzema se seraient déplacés aujourd'hui en Angleterre afin de rencontrer les dirigeants mancuniens, qui ont pour priorité le jeune attaquant international. Bien que l'OL n'ait pas encore pris de décisions, on imagine assez facilement que si une grosse offre venait à se Page Rankingésenter, elle sera acceptée.

http://www.football.fr/footballfr/c.../man-utd-benzema-en-approche_69344.html?popup

is this todays fresh news out of france regarding benzema?

Yes, it is incredibly frustrating that Ronaldo went on about Real Madrid for the last few years, but the idea of only buying players that wont want to leave is ridiculous. The days of the likes of Giggs staying at a club for 15+ years are over. And although Ronaldo wanted to leave, how many players has SAF sold against their will, who wanted to stay? For better or worse, it's a business and although the analogy doesn't sit for some aspects of football, times change and people move on....sometimes because they want to and others because the club wants it. Although you can't be totally short sighted and should look to the future, you have to think for the now and assemble the best team you can. If Benzema was to sign, we win the league 4 times, the CL and other competitions and we sell him in 5 years for £90 million, then that is very good 'business'.

I think that people have to get the idea the Manchester United is the epicenter of the universe for every player in world football, out of their heads. Many players are going to want to play in other countries.....a lot of ones, want to experience a variety of leagues and climates in their career. I think in England we are slightly sheltered as our players almost never leave England.

Yes, it is incredibly frustrating that Ronaldo went on about Real Madrid for the last few years, but the idea of only buying players that wont want to leave is ridiculous. The days of the likes of Giggs staying at a club for 15+ years are over. And although Ronaldo wanted to leave, how many players has SAF sold against their will, who wanted to stay? For better or worse, it's a business and although the analogy doesn't sit for some aspects of football, times change and people move on....sometimes because they want to and others because the club wants it. Although you can't be totally short sighted and should look to the future, you have to think for the now and assemble the best team you can. If Benzema was to sign, we win the league 4 times, the CL and other competitions and we sell him in 5 years for £90 million, then that is very good 'business'.

I think that people have to get the idea the Manchester United is the epicenter of the universe for every player in world football, out of their heads. Many players are going to want to play in other countries.....a lot of ones, want to experience a variety of leagues and climates in their career. I think in England we are slightly sheltered as our players almost never leave England.

Well I never said players should stay at United forever. What I actually suggested is that we should always consider the re-sale value of a potential transfer target because we may end up selling them at some point. Most players who come here from abroad will want to leave at some point but if they manage to provide a suitable service for a period of time then it's well worth it.

is this todays fresh news out of france regarding benzema?

(using a translator):

According to RMC, representatives of Karim Benzema would have moved in England today to meet the mancuniens leaders, for preference with the young international attacker. Although OL does not make decisions yet, they imagine rather easily that if a big offer came to come, it will be accepted.

Yeah it is today's date.

Hopefully it is true that his reps are coming to meet with United's people. It would suggest he is open to a move here.

ditto.

seems very promising if true. but if they are flying over then it sems he would be very keen to come otherwise his reps wouldn't bother making the trip.

Yeah, Benzema's people are meeting with United. Lyon are in the middle of generating a bidding war for their player but they're letting Benzmea discuss terms with United anyway. :rolleyes: It's on a french football site and it's dated today, so it must be true.

Well I never said players should stay at United forever. What I actually suggested is that we should always consider the re-sale value of a potential transfer target because we may end up selling them at some point. Most players who come here from abroad will want to leave at some point but if they manage to provide a suitable service for a period of time then it's well worth it.

So you did......my apologies. I still think that there are valid parts in there though, even if they aren't aimed at you.

But it is hard to determine a re-sale value on a player when buying him and therefore I would rather United didn't think about that when buying a player.

I think the only variables should be how would that player fit into the team and is that player going to improve the team. No-one knows which players are going to be available 1,2 3 or 4 years from now. Maybe by that time madrid do not want Benzema anymore? Who knows.

Hmm. Would be a decent signing I suppose. If we can't get Owen or Martins, I would settle for Benzema.

I dunno, it'd be so hard to sign Martins or Owen. All the top clubs will be in for them. I know Hull are already in for Owen, I don't know how we could compete with them in the transfer market. And Martins would probably cost £50m, I don't think we can afford it. I'm sure City or Chelsea will snap him up.

Well, you can't sign players to lifetime contracts. If they decide to go one day, then they go. If a specific player strikes you as a problem one, then by all means, don't sign him. But I wouldn't refuse a great talent just because he might want to go to another club in a few years. Do we regret signing Ronaldo or view the last three years in contempt?

Even players who stay at a club their entire career - who are very rare - eventually retire and have to be replaced. You can't always plan ten years ahead. You just make the decision that are right now and hope the future proves you right,

Well, you can't sign players to lifetime contracts. If they decide to go one day, then they go. If a specific player strikes you as a problem one, then by all means, don't sign him. But I wouldn't refuse a great talent just because he might want to go to another club in a few years. Do we regret signing Ronaldo or view the last three years in contempt?

Even players who stay at a club their entire career - who are very rare - eventually retire and have to be replaced. You can't always plan ten years ahead. You just make the decision that are right now and hope the future proves you right,

Word.We can't expect every signing to be loyal up until their prime is over, if Benzema is like Ronaldo (give us magnificent football years and then leave for a huge fee then I'll be happy)

Anyone who thinks a player is going to sign for us and stay his entire career should remember that the player left a club to come to us. Just as they decided to leave that club for a new challenge it is always going to be possible that may want to leave United for a new challenge.

ronaldo won and did everything possible with United, not just in terms of trophies but stuff like scoring in a European Cup Final, FA Cup Final, Carling Cup Final and also was top scorer in the league and European Cup.

From the BBC Gossip section

1240 BST: Real Madrid have offered in the region of £27m for Arsenal and Manchester United target Karim Benzema after switching their attention to the 21-year-old Lyon striker from Valencia forward David Villa. (Spanish sports newspaper Marca)

fecks sake, if we lose him it's all our fault for feckin slacking.....kerm onnn

From the BBC Gossip section

1240 BST: Real Madrid have offered in the region of £27m for Arsenal and Manchester United target Karim Benzema after switching their attention to the 21-year-old Lyon striker from Valencia forward David Villa. (Spanish sports newspaper Marca)

If they go in for him, I'm sure that would be his preferred choice, as he has said 100 times.

Status
Not open for further replies.