Karim Benzema

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they go in for him, I'm sure that would be his preferred choice, as he has said 100 times.

exactly...

makes you wonder who we might end up with though...

pato seeminly staying at milan or off to chelsea
villa to barca apparently
eto to city
benzema possibly to real
who is left... aguero? (who seems to be overpriced if the figures in the paper are even close to true)

graham hunter just on ssn saying benzema a done deal to madrid "he advised people to put money it" - xabi alonso next for €35m after confed cup.

i hope this baldy fooker is wrong

He may be right, after all Madrid need a striker and they failed to bring the one they desired the most, Villa. Benzema was always going to be their second choice, what other strikers are there that would fit the bill for them and would be willing to leave for them this year?

I dunno, it'd be so hard to sign Martins or Owen. All the top clubs will be in for them. I know Hull are already in for Owen, I don't know how we could compete with them in the transfer market. And Martins would probably cost £50m, I don't think we can afford it. I'm sure City or Chelsea will snap him up.

Rubbish.. Real Madrid will sign him

Be interesting if Benzema goes to Real Madrid, and Etoo goes to City, and then Villa to Barcelona

As that quickly removes three of the very best options available to us, as we clearly need another striker, not sure how many other options are out there.

graham hunter just on ssn saying benzema a done deal to madrid "he advised people to put money it" - xabi alonso next for €35m after confed cup.

i hope this baldy fooker is wrong

I hope so. But Real Madrid are persisently annoying with their transfer business. If they signed Villa then it would have opened the door for us, but if Benzema becomes their next target on the list, then they will probably get him. If your 'dream' club comes in for you with a mega amount of money to satisfy everyone, then there is not a lot anyone can do to stop it.

Just to let you guys know:

I have signed Benzema, along with Gourcuff, on my PES 09 game and benzema's been my top scorer with gourcuff my top assister. How this affects real life I do not know, but benzema's class in PES. We should also go for gourcuff.

If we fail to get Benzema, Villa and Eto, it probably only leaves Aguero as a "big name" signing that would satisfy our Ronaldo void.

Berbatov will have to have a massive season should we fail to sign anyone.

Just to let you guys know:

I have signed Benzema, along with Gourcuff, on my PES 09 game and benzema's been my top scorer with gourcuff my top assister. How this affects real life I do not know, but benzema's class in PES. We should also go for gourcuff.

He has just been signed by Bordeaux. I think he will move on in a year or two.. He needs to be playing week in week out for now..

Funny how everyone was saying we couldnt get him for under 35-40 million but now think Madrid will get him for 27

sarcasm_detector.jpg

Edit: Ah fecks didnt see the white writing :lol:

:p

Arsenal enter race to sign £30m striker Benzema

Arsenal are reported to be in the race to sign Lyon striker Karim Benzema, as they look to replace Emmanuel Adebayor should he leave for AC Milan this summer.

Karim Benzema: Lyon could do business

The highly-rated Benzema has been linked with Manchester United for the past six months, but the News of the World claim that the striker is now subject of interest from Arsene Wenger.

Should the future of £25m Togo striker Adebayor be decided in the next few weeks, Arsenal will be keen to bolster their strikeforce and a £30m bid for Benzema could be accepted.

The player has said that he would prefer another season at Lyon to make sure he cements a place in the France side for the World Cup. But the club's owners have hinted that a bid of more than £30m would turn their heads and Benzema is also believed to favour a move to the Emirates over Old Trafford.

Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas' said last week that despite Benzema's apparent desire to stay at Stade Gerland, a sizeable offer could lead to him leaving.

"Karim has said that he wants to stay another year at Lyon," Aulas told L'Equipe. "But I think that Kaka or Ronaldo maybe imagined remaining with their respective clubs.

"There is a tsunami called Real Madrid which provokes reactions at Chelsea, Manchester City and Manchester United.

"So it is very complicated to say that he is non-transferable. It's obvious we want to keep him. There is more chance he'll be at Lyon next season than that he won't be.

"I won't hide from you the fact that he has been approached. For the moment, I managed to convince them not to go further."

Benzema has come through the ranks at Lyon and burst onto the scene in the 2007-08 season with 31 goals in 51 games, a streak that saw him named Ligue 1 player of the year as well as top the league's scoring charts.
I reckon if he had a choice, he'd go with Wenger.... :(

I don't think there is any chance at all that he'll go to Arsenal. Arsenal can't afford it and I think they would be his 3rd choice from those available.

If he has a choice between Madrid, Arsenal or ourselves, he'll choose Madrid. If it was between ourselves and Arsenal he's choose us. Arsenal won't win anything, it's not really a move up from Lyon.

I don't think there is any chance at all that he'll go to Arsenal. Arsenal can't afford it and I think they would be his 3rd choice from those available.
I'm not sure.... Wenger's French, and there's Nasri, Clichy, Sagna, Diaby, Gallas, Silvestre, Traore.... it's basically like another Ligue 1 team with all the French footballers Arsenal has. I'd liken it to why so many Spanish players want to play for Benitez if they come to the Prem.

when Arsenal are in for a player, you know he's legitimate and not overhyped. Just another indication that Benzema will most likely become a top striker in Europe...

So you believe Arsenal have bid for the player?

Because the NOTW said so?

Jesus, there's been basically no concrete news about Bezema for a week yet there's still 50 pages of people reacting to made up stories in the tabloids.

The standard of muppetry is reaching a new low. Pages and pages of stuff wanking/wailiing over stuff in Marca, The Daily Star, The People etc without any quotes at all.

So you believe Arsenal have bid for the player?

Because the NOTW said so?

Jesus, there's been basically no concrete news about Bezema for a week yet there's still 50 pages of people reacting to made up stories in the tabloids.

The standard of muppetry is reaching a new low. Pages and pages of stuff wanking/wailiing over stuff in Marca, The Daily Star, The People etc without any quotes at all.
everyone on the Caf was always so quick to believe every anything and everything they heard about Ronaldo.... why can't it be the same for Benzema? :confused:

everyone on the Caf was always so quick to believe every anything and everything they heard about Ronaldo.... why can' it be the same for Benzema? :confused:

No, people were cynical enough about stories in Marca etc. But we're infested with muppets who seems to believe every quoteless story about Benzema.

No, it's true. I always though Benzema was rubbish. But now that a NOTW or Times journalist has decided to make up a story linking him to Arsenal I finally see he's actually a football genius.

No, it's true. I always though Benzema was rubbish. But now that a NOTW or Times journalist has decided to make up a story linking him to Arsenal I finally see he's actually a football genius.

Yes, silly me, how could I forget about the Arsenal effect.

I mean they tried to sign Babel didn't they, who's turned out to be a WPOTY candidate?

Hleb, Rosicky, Reyes, Senderos too.

They don't feck about with young talent do they.

Status
Not open for further replies.