Karim Benzema

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok HsJ has made a simple mistake; he's grouped potential add-ons with installments. They're not the same thing.

Potential add-ons are based on players making a set amount of appearances or becoming a full international or winning trophies or scoring a certain amount of goals.

Whereas installments are guaranteed payments. They just exist as no club has €30 million+ lying around.

That's all

So acnumber9 and Fergie's Gum..... Stop being cnuts

Sorry for seeming like one, I just wanted it to stop. Let's move on...

Ok HsJ has made a simple mistake; he's grouped potential add-ons with installments. They're not the same thing.

Potential add-ons are based on players making a set amount of appearances or becoming a full international or winning trophies or scoring a certain amount of goals.

Whereas installments are guaranteed payments. They just exist as no club has €30 million+ lying around.

That's all

Pretty sure I said that already.

just joined the thread now, can someone give me an overview of whats happening? is it likely or not?

That's all

I just assumed that he knew there would be a initial fee, with its own schedule of payment, then that would be topped up based on success. So I didnt bother saying anything about it. I knew the difference, obviously didn't get my point across very well.

Thanks for not being a cnut about it though

just joined the thread now, can someone give me an overview of whats happening? is it likely or not?
Benzema's agent claims we are in for the player while there is no proof yet we're interested, let alone considering a bid. Nothing concrete so far, but we muppets are holding our breath.

Tbh I'm starting to get bored

Currently, United is that sexy girl who hasn't text you in a few days but you don't want to text her first

It's got to the point where it is now widely accepted that we're in for him. It's looking more and more likely, but still nothing is certain, as long as the Reals of this world can come in a hi-jack the whole operation.

Or is that Benzema?? I think She knows we like her, and she would feck our brains out, but she's only doing the proper lady thing and waiting for the guy to make the move.

Or she is waiting for some bloke who supposedly has a larger cock to come along. She may settle for us in the end though.

The lad is a proper youtube legend. I don't know how many videos I've already watched, but it never gets boring. Please please Fergie sign him!
Call me a muppet, I don't care.

I think Benzema is more like the good looking brid from the next street you,ve heard she's really hot, but she's in a relationship and your not sure whether you stand a chance with her, so you don't want to risk being humilated by asking her out.

In these instances I always find an offer of 25M is enough to get them in your bed!

I think Benzema is more like the good looking brid from the next street you,ve heard she's really hot, but she's in a relationship and your not sure whether you stand a chance with her, so you don't want to risk being humilated by asking her out.

In these instances I always find an offer of 25M is enough to get them in your bed!

Depends whether she wants a stable relationship with a real man, or a unpredictable relationship with a dude who's a bit of a ladies man and an arsehole. A lot of women like bastards unfortunately.

just cannot see it happening if real want him as well , i think we will have to wait till real and barca finish their shopping then we can take our pick of whats left

Surely there are players in this world who would rather play for us than them? :nervous:

just cannot see it happening if real want him as well , i think we will have to wait till real and barca finish their shopping then we can take our pick of whats left

That's feckin sad though. We've been the best team in Europe for the last three seasons.

I didn't post that last message. I think I may have left myself logged on somewhere.

There are plenty of players who want to play for us. We are one of the two best teams in Europe.

Eh? No-one has posted in this thread today? If Karim checks this thread he will start to think we don't love him.

Graham Hunter said on talksport that he's Madrids number 1 target now that the Villa deal has gone though and they are hopeful of signing him.

And where did he get the info?

From Ballague by any chance? :lol:

My problem with Hunter is that he tries to pass himself off as a respected journalist beyond the bullshit

At least Ballague says much of his bollocks with a cheeky smile and a Spanish wink. And to be fair gets it right sometimes too when we allthought it was nonsense

My problem with Hunter is that he tries to pass himself off as a respected journalist beyond the bullshit

At least Ballague says much of his bollocks with a cheeky smile and a Spanish wink. And to be fair gets it right sometimes too when we allthought it was nonsense

Hunter was the one who said the Ronaldo deal would go through the day before it broke on sky sports. He seems to have a far amount of ITK with regards to Spanish football. However, we knew that Madrid wanted Benzema, and given the lads statements regarding playing there then if they come up with the cash then he'll likely go there. His loss, as it would be a big career move, but sadly one he'll regret I feel.

Graham Hunter said on talksport that he's Madrids number 1 target now that the Villa deal has gone though and they are hopeful of signing him.

Probably, but I'm not certain that signing David Villa is dead in the water for them, all the stories seems to be that he favours Madrid to Barcelona.

benzema should speak to a certain jan klass huntelarr - he was a promising young striker who moved to madrid and less than 6 months later it seems madrid want to shift him on ( they didn't even register him for the champions league when they could have) - karim the question is would you want the euro and the bull shit zidane will feed you about los galaticos ? or do you want to come to a club and a manager that can make you the best player in the world!

benzema should speak to a certain jan klass huntelarr - he was a promising young striker who moved to madrid and less than 6 months later it seems madrid want to shift him on ( they didn't even register him for the champions league when they could have) - karim the question is would you want the euro and the bull shit zidane will feed you about los galaticos ? or do you want to come to a club and a manager that can make you the best player in the world!

Benzema is twice the player Huntelaar is and will be signed as a star. He won't have much trouble with establishing himself in their first team, he'll quickly become one of their most important players too.

Benzema is twice the player Huntelaar is and will be signed as a star. He won't have much trouble with establishing himself in their first team, he'll quickly become one of their most important players too.

More than twice the player, Benzema is fecking awesome, Hunter is dec

EILC, I think that's more to do with Huntelaar actually not being that good and overhyped and overrated.

Higuain was signed with potential and played last season and was their best striker, he played because he was good. Huntelaar didn't play as much because he's not as good.

Arsene Wenger and Sir Alex Ferguson battle over Karim Benzema
Karim Benzema

(Reuters/Charles Platiau)

ARSENE WENGER is ready to go head to head with Sir Alex Ferguson for the signaure of Karim Benzema in the knowledge that the 21-year-old France striker would rather join Arsenal this summer than Manchester United.

While Ferguson, the United manager, has already offered Lyons £25.5m, the French club believe they can do better. Keen to ensure his position in France’s 2010 World Cup team, Benzema was initially reluctant to leave this summer, but with Lyons keen to sell, he wants a club where he will be guaranteed first-team football. Though outgunned financially, Arsenal boss Wenger has an edge in that respect over United and Real Madrid.

Arsenal have also been made aware of Benzema’s desire to work with Wenger. A club record offer depends on the sale of Togo striker Emmanuel Adebayor. Arsenal were ready to sell to AC Milan last year and remain keen to offload.

Arsenal are in a hurry as Wenger wants his reinforced squad in place for the start of pre-season training on July 6. In addition to a striker, he seeks a holding midfielder to play alongside Cesc Fabregas to help quell his captain’s concerns about Arsenal’s competitiveness.

Talks are ongoing with Fiorentina over Felipe Melo. The Italians want £21m for the 26-year-old Brazil player. Arsenal are some distance from meeting that valuation, but have offered Philippe Senderos in part-exchange. Melo has also attracted interest from Manchester City, Chelsea and Liverpool, who see him as a potential replacement for Javier Mascherano or Xabi Alonso.

Chelsea, in contrast, have been slow to conduct transfer business ahead of Carlo Ancelotti’s installation as manager on Wednesday. Internazionale have been frustrated in their attempts to conclude the joint purchase of Ricardo Carvalho and Deco, complaining that conversations with Peter Kenyon have been handicapped by doubts over the chief executive’s future. “We are talking with Peter,” said a source, “but nobody knows if he stays or leaves. It depends on [Roman] Abramovich.” Chelsea say Kenyon, sporting director Frank Arnesen and performance director Mike Forde are all involved in recruitment and that it would be wrong to conclude that the chief executive has been marginalised. Inter have offered to include Argentina defender Nicolas Burdisso in the Carvalho-Deco deal but are still short of Chelsea’s valuation of the pair. Jose Mourinho, the Inter coach, is also prepared to consider an alternative exchange that would see striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic sold to Chelsea for cash plus the two Portugal internationals. Inter value Ibrahimovic at around £52m.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/arsenal/article6591106.ece

ARSENAL HUNT KARIM BENZEMA

ARSENAL are ready to hijack the Manchester United move for France striker Karim Benzema.

The Gunners board will be prepared to fund a £30million fee for Lyon's Benzema, 21, if Arsene Wenger opts to cash in on Emmanuel Adebayor.

AC Milan have been considering making a new move for Adebayor this week. Togo ace Adebayor, 25, has also been linked with a move to Inter Milan and even Chelsea.

United are in pole position to lure Benzema - but he is also on Real Madrid's radar. The player says he would prefer another season at Lyon to make sure he cements a place in the France side for the World Cup. But the club's owners have hinted that a bid of more than £30m would turn their heads.

Gunners chief Wenger has been a long-term fan of Benzema. There were suggestions last summer he had a verbal deal with Lyon offering him first refusal.

On the face of it, £30m would seem out of Arsenal's range. But the Arsenal board have approved up to £40m on new signings this summer and the sale of Adebayor would boost the transfer pot.

Wenger hopes to sign Brazil midfield ace Felipe Melo, 26, from Fiorentina. But the Serie A club may want £25m with Arsenal valuing him at £15m
http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/spo...ady-to-hijack-pound30million-United-move.html

-----
2 papers now with stories about Arsenal trying to buy him.

Status
Not open for further replies.