Karim Benzema

Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: a few years ago we had a midfield made up of Djemba Djemba, Kleberson etc...its not them getting weaker, its everyone getting stronger around them. I wasn't hoping to play Lyon this year, they are a very good team, and we rarely get an easy game against them. Boumsong has actually been a good player for them believe it or not.

The fact that Bordeaux qualified for the CL confirms that teams are getting better in Ligue 1.

That's funny about Boumsong. The only other league he hasn't been a flop in was Scotland. Bordeaux winning the league doesn't prove it's getting better. Years ago Lyon had players like Essien and a Juninho at his peak. Have they got that now or anything close?

Just because we had a poor team at that time doesn't mean all of Europe did. I wouldn't expect you to be able comprehend that though. We had Bellion at that time too. I believe he is doing quite well in France.

That's rubbish.

They were always one of the team's you'd hope for in the knockout stages considering Bayern, Milan, Inter, Valencia, Real Madrid and the four English teams were all stronger than them, and had proven that time and again. They were around the same level as PSV, who have declined.

Lyon have rather stagnated, if anything.

Like I said, they got just as far as any team from the Italian league last season, so they're obviously not much worse than them.

Matter of opinion really.

:lol: a few years ago we had a midfield made up of Djemba Djemba, Kleberson etc...its not them getting weaker, its everyone getting stronger around them. I wasn't hoping to play Lyon this year, they are a very good team, and we rarely get an easy game against them. Boumsong has actually been a good player for them believe it or not.

The fact that Bordeaux qualified for the CL confirms that teams are getting better in Ligue 1.

Lyon are not as strong as they were a few years back. There were two-three years when they looked like genuine contenders to go all the way in Europe. But they are still a french side and their best players always wanted to go elsewhere. For a while they could replace them and maintain their ability in Europe, then they stopped being a real threat in Europe but maintained their supremecy in Ligue 1, and now they've lost that as well. Others may have improved, but they are simply not as good as they were three-four years ago.

That's why I think they would be quite happy to sell Benzema. Juninho's gone as well and they need to rebuild. Obviously keeping Benzema would be good short term, but he'll be gone next summer and once again they'll need to restructure. I think they'd rather take the money now and build something longer term than one year.

That's funny about Boumsong. The only other league he hasn't been a flop in was Scotland. Bordeaux winning the league doesn't prove it's getting better. Years ago Lyon had players like Essien and a Juninho at his peak. Have they got that now or anything close?

Just because we had a poor team at that time doesn't mean all of Europe did. I wouldn't expect you to be able comprehend that though. We had Bellion at that time too. I believe he is doing quite well in France.

He played in the CL against the top teams this year too, played quite well.

Shouldn't judge a player when they play for Newcastle, they generally flop.

:lol: you really are a muppet. Of course they are going offer the money with conditions. Rarely does a team pay the full amount. Most fees are related to the teams success.

Okay, for one minute lets pretend you know how United are going to negoiate this, are you also in the know as to what Lyon would be willing to accept? Did we do this when we signed Berbatov?

They have new stars in their league, you should know that when one player moves on, generally, the void is filled by another player.

If reports are to be believed then yes.

Jesus...

Nobody cares about what you think, we know he is a good player with the potential to be a great player, and thankfully Ferguson knows this too.

Big if there.

That makes two of us then.

Okay, for one minute lets pretend you know how United are going to negoiate this, are you also in the know as to what Lyon would be willing to accept? Did we do this when we signed Berbatov?

We did this when we signed all our young talent, such as Nani, Anderson, the twins, Ronaldo, Rooney...

and we will do it with Benzema.

Whatever the fee is, it will be broken down. Its how it works

They have new stars in their league, you should know that when one player moves on, generally, the void is filled by another player.

Not always by ones as good. Where that the case Liverpool would still be dominating rather than replacing players like Alan Hansen with players like Gary Ablett. Who are these new stars then?

We did this when we signed all our young talent, such as Nani, Anderson, the twins, Ronaldo, Rooney...

and we will do it with Benzema.

Whatever the fee is, it will be broken down. Its how it works

Did we? I'm pretty sure we stole the twins also and paid minimum compensation.

Again, do you know what Lyon are prepared to accept?

He played in the CL against the top teams this year too, played quite well.

Shouldn't judge a player when they play for Newcastle, they generally flop.

I can only judge on what I see.

I've already thought of a chant for him..."Ohh, Ahh, Benzema!" :nervous:

Blasphemy, sheer and utter blasphemy.

Surely we shouldn't plagiarise Cantona chants for the sake of some new kid, however promising or french he may be.

To the tune of Cream by Prince:

This is it
The muppets on the Caf are on fire
You're a hit
Rawk's in meltdown it is quite dire
Its your time
We've worked a load so now we will blow it
You are fine (fine)
You're Berba-cute and benzi u know it

Karim
Of the crop
Karim
Photoshop
Karim
GIF by Top
Karim
The money shot

Did we? I'm pretty sure we stole the twins also and paid minimum compensation.

Again, do you know what Lyon are prepared to accept?

What are you barking on about? No I do not know how much they are willing to accept. But the agent said that it will be in the region of 30-40 million

What are you barking on about? No I do not know how much they are willing to accept. But the agent said that it will be in the region of 30-40 million

Dear God are you actually paying attention? You said that of course any deal we do for Benzema would be based on incentives. We may very well be trying to do that. Lyon could also very well turn round and tell us to feck off. Ultimately you know nothing about whether any deal for Benzema will be £30-40 Million flat or incetnives based. In reality we may do no deal at all.

Dear God are you actually paying attention? You said that of course any deal we do for Benzema would be based on incentives. We may very well be trying to do that. Lyon could also very well turn round and tell us to feck off. Ultimately you know nothing about whether any deal for Benzema will be £30-40 Million flat or incetnives based. In reality we may do no deal at all.

:lol: no club expects money in full. Its unrealistic. You have no idea really do you.

But lets agree to disagree.

:lol: no club expects money in full. Its unrealistic. You have no idea really do you.

But lets agree to disagree.

Most fees are paid in installments. That's not incentives based though is it? Try and keep up.

“Don’t get me wrong he is talented but he reminds me a bit of the Juventus striker David Trezueguet who may get goals but is nowhere near the level required at Old Trafford.
Stopped reading here.
What a load of bollocks... Trezeguet has scored something like 200 goals for Juventus Turin, an European giant. How the hell would he not be 'good enough for United'? Same goes for Benzema really.

Show me where I said they were?

You said they were in decline, I said they are in transition, there is a difference. A decline suggests that there is no end, and they will soon be shit, or are already shit. A transition implies that they will be back to a level that You expect of them.

You mentioned players like Juninho and Essien...well Essien left, Benzema came in, Juninho will leave, and you should now fully expect another player to fill his boots this season, its like with us, Ronaldo left, but not player is bigger than the club. Same with Lyon.

Finally.... a lifeline for the muppets....:lol:

muppets.jpg

Time to celebrate, suicide watch is over.

Installments related to performance. Especially with young players. Keep up.

No. Installments are payments made in a period of time agreed by the two clubs because few clubs have that much cash sitting around. For example the money we paid for Berbatov is not paid in one lump sum but Spurs will recieve every penny regardless of how he or we perform.

Some deals though are like Carrick's and Rooney's which are also paid in installments but also have added incentives meaning the total could rise dependent on succes of the team/player. They're not the same thing and not all transfers have these incentives. Do keep up.

You said they were in decline, I said they are in transition, there is a difference. A decline suggests that there is no end, and they will soon be shit, or are already shit. A transition implies that they will be back to a level that You expect of them.

You mentioned players like Juninho and Essien...well Essien left, Benzema came in, Juninho will leave, and you should now fully expect another player to fill his boots this season, its like with us, Ronaldo left, but not player is bigger than the club. Same with Lyon.

In fact they already have Ederson at the club who should replace Juninho and Pjanic who is one of the best youngsters in europe and Grenier, Kolodziecziak and Gassama who will be future french stars. Add to those Clerc to come back from injury and the likes of Toulalan and Lloris who are in every french squad. This is apart from Lisandro Lopez and whoever else they bring in and you will see that they are definitely more in transition than decline.

You need to check what the word decline means. Had I said terminal decline from which they'll never recover, then you'd have a case. Again show me whre I said they were shit.

No players are bigger than the clubs but that doesn't mean that the players who come in are as good. It's hardly rocket science.

You need to check what the word decline means. Had I said terminal decline from which they'll never recover, then you'd have a case. Again show me whre I said they were shit.

No players are bigger than the clubs but that doesn't mean that the players who come in are as good. It's hardly rocket science.

you're hardly helping the situation with your derogatory remarks. Grow up the both of you

No. Installments are payments made in a period of time agreed by the two clubs because few clubs have that much cash sitting around. For example the money we paid for Berbatov is not paid in one lump sum but Spurs will recieve every penny regardless of how he or we perform.

Some deals though are like Carrick's and Rooney's which are also paid in installments but also have added incentives meaning the total could rise dependent on succes of the team/player. They're not the same thing and not all transfers have these incentives. Do keep up.

I said Youngsters. Young players who are signed, are usually signed on fee's based on success/performance.

HsJ, please refrain from responding. It's doin' my head in. Just stop it. He's right you're wrong, get over it, and learn from the experience.
FFS

How about you don't read the thread? Simple really isn't it?

you're hardly helping the situation with your derogatory remarks. Grow up the both of you

I believe in speaking to and treating people the way they treat me. Had he treated me with a semblance of respect I may have been inclined to do likewise. For your sake though I shall bow out of the debate.

Ok HsJ has made a simple mistake; he's grouped potential add-ons with installments. They're not the same thing.

Potential add-ons are based on players making a set amount of appearances or becoming a full international or winning trophies or scoring a certain amount of goals.

Whereas installments are guaranteed payments. They just exist as no club has €30 million+ lying around.

That's all

So acnumber9 and Fergie's Gum..... Stop being cnuts

Status
Not open for further replies.