Karim Benzema

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaiketsu_Zorro

I do. He obviously got what it takes to play for United, he's strong, quick on his feet, tall, skillfull, good finisher, he has everything a striker needs to have.

But he will want to sign for another club in 3-4 years and will moan in the press if he doesn't play (or if he plays in a position he doesn't like)... You liked tevez and Ronaldo ? you'll love Benzema. He's a fecking spoiled child.
To be fair, I think it's better to have a spoiled child kind of player who can score 30+ goals in one season, that to have a really devoted, but limited player. In other words, take it or leave it, slag me or agree with me, but I prefer Ronaldo to Park.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I do. He obviously got what it takes to play for United, he's strong, quick on his feet, tall, skillfull, good finisher, he has everything a striker needs to have.

But he will want to sign for another club in 3-4 years and will moan in the press if he doesn't play (or if he plays in a position he doesn't like)... You liked tevez and Ronaldo ? you'll love Benzema. He's a fecking spoiled child.
Oh dear. I've gone right off him now. Not another fecking prima donna.

Next!

french88devil

To be fair, I think it's better to have a spoiled child kind of player who can score 30+ goals in one season, that to have a really devoted, but limited player. In other words, take it or leave it, slag me or agree with me, but I prefer Ronaldo to Park.
Good point. That's why Ferguson wants to buy him. But if we signed him, don't expect Benzema to stay for 10 years. He might score 150 goals in 4 years, win everything, and still want to play in spain or in Italy. I don't think he cares about United, he just cares about his own carreer, as Ronaldo, as Tevez. Tevez didn't play enough and despite the love of the fans, he left. Ronaldo won everything, scored shitloads of goal, became the best player in the world, but left as well.

Kinky Melinky

Yeah I think we missed out on Torres it has to be said. Would be great to have a player like Torres.

Kaiketsu_Zorro

Good point. That's why Ferguson wants to buy him. But if we signed him, don't expect Benzema to stay for 10 years. He might score 150 goals in 4 years, win everything, and still want to play in spain or in Italy. I don't think he cares about United, he just cares about his own carreer, as Ronaldo, as Tevez. Tevez didn't play enough and despite the love of the fans, he left. Ronaldo won everything, scored shitloads of goal, became the best player in the world, but left as well.
Time would tell whether he would want out in a couple of seasons - nevertheless it's well worth it to buy a player of his potential.

dev1l

Oh dear. I've gone right off him now. Not another fecking prima donna.

Next!
Unfortunately many of the brightest talents in football tend to be prima donnas..

However we should not fear this as I m quite sure that there s no better to handle a "prima donna" than Fergie...

Kaiketsu_Zorro

Do you have any reasoning behind this?
I think he just said it - there's no reason why we wouldn't be interested in a player of Benzema's potential and calibre. There aren't many players like him available at the moment, so it's obvious that with us having to buy a new striker we would be keen on someone like him.

Blair

I think he just said it - there's no reason why we wouldn't be interested in a player of Benzema's potential and calibre. There aren't many players like him available at the moment, so it's obvious that with us having to buy a new striker we would be keen on someone like him.
We have seen recently that every player is available at the right price.

So it's fair to say every striker is available. So we're buying Eto'o, Torres, Aguero, Villa then are we?

Ive seen quite a bit of his movement, skill, link up play and running ability from deep, as well as leading the line. He is a big, strong and fast and direct striker who has the ability to travel vast distances with the ball. He also is a good finisher with both feet and his head. We dont want to get left out again on a striker who might be the missing link. I think we should give him an offer to consider.

Kaiketsu_Zorro

We have seen recently that every player is available at the right price.

So it's fair to say every striker is available. So we're buying Eto'o, Torres, Aguero, Villa then are we?
We wouldn't convince Liverpool to sell Torres to us, not in a million years. Eto'o and Villa have this disadvantage that they are much older than Benzema and Aguero. But yes, I guess Aguero, Villa and Eto'o all are players we're keeping a close eye on. It's just Villa's and Eto'o's age + lack of reports linking us with Aguero that lead me to believe Benzema is a stronger possibility.

Blair

A lot of reports are saying that Fergie has wanted Benzema for a while and especially now Ronaldo and Tevez are off, he will be the number one target.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co..._united/s/1121791_fergie_closes_in_on_benzema
'Even with the £70m double capture of Benzema and Ribery, Ferguson would still have a massive warchest with which to plunder the transfer market - especially now that the £25m earmarked for Tevez is back in the kitty.

Gremio's Brazilian starlet Douglas Costa is a £20m target, while Wigan's Antonio Valencia is expected to sign for £16m.'

:lol:

Utter shite.

Anduin

I'm usually none of these youtube fanatics but this compilation pretty much shows he scores any sorts of goals: Right foot, left foot, volleys, headers, tap-ins... anything. Check out the goal around 2:30, superb.
Rooney and him upfront would be absolutely devastating.

lao

I'm usually none of these youtube fanatics but this compilation pretty much shows he scores any sorts of goals: Right foot, left foot, volleys, headers, tap-ins... anything. Check out the goal around 2:30, superb.
Rooney and him upfront would be absolutely devastating.
Goes without saying when you post a 20 months old clip. :p

lysglimt

Scout
From my point of view - its a lot better to have 3-4 players that Barcelona and Real drool over - than to have players with such limited skills that noone wants them.

If that means losing a few of them once in a while to a gigantic price - fine!

People who don't want a player like Benzema simply because he might leave for Real in 5 years should have their heads examined. If he does go to Real for a huge sum - its because he has performed brilliantly for us.

But I guess we could sign decent, reliable english players who never will want to go to Real - nor win the C.L for that matter

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
I am very confident he'll be a United player for the coming season. For several reasons, but mostly cause it just makes sense! H

- He is one of the best attacking talents around. Fergie clearly loves him, s he has stated im the past.

- Lyon will sell, though they will want a good fee.

- We're feckin minted and need strikers. Badly.

- The player, himself, would NO WAY turned down Fergie!

Call it muppetry, but I can see myself strolling in here in a few weeks saying

''I told you so!''

Werewolf

I am very confident he'll be a United player for the coming season. For several reasons, but mostly cause it just makes sense! H

- He is one of the best attacking talents around. Fergie clearly loves him, s he has stated im the past.

''I told you so!''
I like the way you think. :)

kanchelskis14

''I told you so!''
The 'NO WAY turn Fergie down' bit is nobody's call on here, at least to be saying it that definitively anyway. I mean, what happens if we are one of two or three teams to agree a fee with Lyon? Will you confidently be heading out to buy your Benzema shirt then?

Walrus

Oppressed White Male

''I told you so!''
i cant see us keeping Rooney, Berbatov and Benzema all happy, though if Fergie can find a way to rotate the three and give Welbeck and Macheda some games, sign him up.

Personally i think we need a slightly lower profile striker who will be content to sit on the bench from time to time, and will not block the development of our promising youngsters so much.

Blair

i cant see us keeping Rooney, Berbatov and Benzema all happy, though if Fergie can find a way to rotate the three and give Welbeck and Macheda some games, sign him up.

Personally i think we need a slightly lower profile striker who will be content to sit on the bench from time to time, and will not block the development of our promising youngsters so much.
Our promising youngsters aren't going to win us the league and Champions League next season are they?

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Our promising youngsters aren't going to win us the league and Champions League next season are they?
next season, they certainly arent - which is why i suggested to bring in a lower profile striker (Eg Huntelaar).

in the long term though, signing Benzema will almost guaranteed block their development.

twitter thread suggester
Torres is a very good argument.
Fergie wanted him for years, but each summer he was rejected as Torres wanted to stay, then finally when we give it a break, Liverpool swoops in and grabs him.

By the sound of things Fergie is just as big a fan of Benzema, and the scenario is now the same again - only this time I doubt we'll rest on our laurels. Unfortunately I doubt it'll matter as I reckon Benzema will rather play in Spain.

Status
Not open for further replies.