Karim Benzema

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jase

Is it just me or are all these conversations constantly being recycled? Everyone is just discussing the same points again and again.. FFS do people even read what is posted in the thread atleast back to a day or 2 ago?
It's not just you. I get a strong, headache-triggering, feeling of deja vu on every single page. He loves Madrid! He wouldn't stay with us 'til the end of time! He's not proven in the Premiership!

At least now he appears to be a genuine target rather than a mere dream, and there are more or less daily stories concerning Benzema + United to keep us muppets bopping.

Lester Freamon

Aka Caveman
Christ, are we only going to sign players willing to pledge the rest of their career to us? It's just not gonna happen. Are you aware that Solskjær was a Liverpool supporter? He was a paying member of their norwegian supporter club. Two years after he signed he turned down a very good offer from Tottenham even though the club were happy to sell him. People change. Ronaldo stayed for six years winning a bucketload of trophies and earning us a profit of £68M, not to bad I would say.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
My gut feeling is that he'll be playing here nexxt season. It just has those early indicators that you can get when these transfers are about to happen. It also makes a lot of sense. He COULD be a fantastic signing!

I reckon it'll be for marginally over half the Ronaldo money. Hopefully a decent chunk of that will be on apppearance/success bonuses. e.g 33 million Euro's + 10 million bonuses.

Hypothetically, how would our team look and play with him in the side?

------- Carrick - Anderson

Valencia -- Berbatov -- Rooney

---------- Benzema

???

United 4 Life

My gut feeling is that he'll be playing here nexxt season. It just has those early indicators that you can get when these transfers are about to happen. It also makes a lot of sense. He COULD be a fantastic signing!

I reckon it'll be for marginally over half the Ronaldo money. Hopefully a decent chunk of that will be on apppearance/success bonuses. e.g 33 million Euro's + 10 million bonuses.

Hypothetically, how would our team look and play with him in the side?

------- Carrick - Anderson

Valencia -- Berbatov -- Rooney

---------- Benzema

???
I would say it would look very similar to what you have posted.

Ronaldo No.9

Redcafe FIFA Champion 2010
''Ronaldo was the attacker more difficult to tackl
Christ, are we only going to sign players willing to pledge the rest of their career to us? It's just not gonna happen. Are you aware that Solskjær was a Liverpool supporter? He was a paying member of their norwegian supporter club. Two years after he signed he turned down a very good offer from Tottenham even though the club were happy to sell him. People change. Ronaldo stayed for six years winning a bucketload of trophies and earning us a profit of £68M, not to bad I would say.
Well said, it was also common knowledge that Michael Essien wanted to play for us before he went to Chelsea.

Tevez's Mum

Kia Joorabchian's Ho!
Yes but I think you will find that Fergie won't go for him if he doesn't really want to play for United. Something his biographer said during the ronaldo saga. He said Fergie will ask the player and interview him to see if he really wants to play for us. If he is more passionate about somewhere else then he is put off by them. I'm not saying that Fergie won't go for him, but IMO I think he will be wary of getting a player who will never be fully satisfied him.

I would say it would look very similar to what you have posted.
I hope not, it's why I've always felt we needed to sign a winger even if Ronaldo was sold, so now he is sold, I feel we need two, that way we can as much as possible ensure that Rooney is released into his best position, and not wasted on the left.

United 4 Life

I hope not, it's why I've always felt we needed to sign a winger even if Ronaldo was sold, so now he is sold, I feel we need two, that way we can as much as possible ensure that Rooney is released into his best position, and not wasted on the left.
I am not saying that is what I would want. But surely it would be what SAF is going to play if we signed a player like Benzema.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I'd be surprised if played in his 'best position' under Sir Alex all that much before he retires.

There's a reason he bought Berbatov and Tevez, two players who are better behind the striker.

Kinky Melinky

Sensible post of the year and spot on. This is the reason I rarely go into the transfer forum. It's just full of complete and utter nonsense

United 4 Life

I'd be surprised if played in his 'best position' under Sir Alex all that much before he retires.

There's a reason he bought Berbatov and Tevez, two players who are better behind the striker.
Do you think his main purpose for playing Berbatov in a more deep role last season was because he knew Ronaldo would leave and he had ideas about bringing in a out and out goal scorer?

I'm not so sure about that, was only last summer he was saying he needed to play Rooney there. He's clearly our best attacking player now, the attack needs to be built in particular around him, and to do that best, he should be central

I don't believe that Ferguson hasn't seen how well he's playing for England behind a striker, with the freedom to control the game.

Xander45

Know-It-All Champion May 2009
I'd love for us to go 4-4-2 again in Europe. Play to our strengths, not to negate the oppositions. Rooney behind Benzema may well make me weep sticky tears of joy.

Kaiketsu_Zorro

I don't see any problem with us signing Benzema (in terms of where Rooney would then play) - it's not necessary for us to play all three of Benzema, Rooney and Berbatov at the same time. Normally I'd say we'd play Rooney behind one of Berbatov/Benzema and the other on the bench. Then again there would be games, when Rooney would be rested/injured, so those two would play together. Season is long and each of those players would get a fair share of games, with, presumably, Macheda/Welbeck getting an odd outing every now and then.

Blair

Why all the muppetry? We have not made an offer, nor have we even declared our interest.

The only fatcs here is that Benzema has said he'd like to stay at Lyon.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Do you think his main purpose for playing Berbatov in a more deep role last season was because he knew Ronaldo would leave and he had ideas about bringing in a out and out goal scorer?
Could well be.

I rarely try to guess what Sir Alex's thinking, I just end up confusing myself.

But I do think bringing in Berbatov was done with lessening our reliance on Ronaldo in mind.

I'm not so sure about that, was only last summer he was saying he needed to play Rooney there. He's clearly our best attacking player now, the attack needs to be built in particular around him, and to do that best, he should be central

I don't believe that Ferguson hasn't seen how well he's playing for England behind a striker, with the freedom to control the game.
I don't think we need to build the attack around everyone.

I thought our best football in the 00's came in 03' with Van Nistelrooy and Scholes up front, and in 06' with Rooney and Saha up front. Not for their individual performances, but for team performances.

And Sir Alex just said he wanted to keep him central, rather than in behind the striker.

Mitch Conor

Holy CRAP BALLS!!
Why all the muppetry? We have not made an offer, nor have we even declared our interest.

firstly, it would be very odd for united to declare and confirm an interest, we are not real madrid.

Secondly, your fact is not the only one. Yes, he agent has said he would like to stay. He has, however, also said benzema would consider any offer put to him. If it was open and shut as you imply, he wouldn't even consider any offer put to him.

Kaiketsu_Zorro

Other facts:

- Ferguson is known to be an admirer of Benzema's talent
- We have a hefty transfer kitty
- We have only two senior strikers

Blair

Other facts:

- Ferguson is known to be an admirer of Benzema's talent
- We have a hefty transfer kitty
- We have only two senior strikers
Ferguson probably admires a lot of stikers. That doesnt mean we are signing them.

I think a lot of you need to put your cocks back in and calm down until anything with a hint credability comes to light.

Kaiketsu_Zorro

Heheh, I'm not really one of those to have their cocks out, but I believe Benzema to United is a strong possibility.

Blair

Heheh, I'm not really one of those to have their cocks out, but I believe Benzema to United is a strong possibility.
You're deluded ;)

The only strong possibility thus far is Valencia. As we have declared interest and made a bid. Every other player you lot are wanking over is paper talk :devil:

fergieisold

You're deluded ;)

The only strong possibility thus far is Valencia. As we have declared interest and made a bid. Every other player you lot are wanking over is paper talk :devil:
To be fair Lyon have mentioned Manchester United on more than one occasion and subtly invited us to make a bid.

They basically say "Benzema is staying...But what can we do if Manchester United bid"

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
Is he even that good? I haven't watched him enough to make any judgement though.

How many of you watch Ligue 1 regularly except Kouroux?

Kaiketsu_Zorro

You're deluded ;)

Blair, it's just that it is almost certain we'll be in for a new striker this summer, and unless Fergie pulls a rabbit out of the hat (by signing a player we knew little about, like in Ronaldo's case) then surely there aren't too many strikers available at the moment that we would be interested in buying - with Benzema fitting the bill perfectly.

Lot 49

Doom
Is he even that good? I haven't watched him enough to make any judgement though.

He's fantastic imo. Seen him at least 30 odd times over the last few years. Best young centre forward I've seen since Adriano in his Parma/early-Inter period about five years ago.

Blair

Blair, it's just that it is almost certain we'll be in for a new striker this summer, and unless Fergie pulls a rabbit out of the hat (by signing a player we knew little about, like in Ronaldo's case) then surely there aren't too many strikers available at the moment that we would be interested in buying - with Benzema fitting the bill perfectly.
I do hope you are right, he looks a class player. Although the French league is not the most demanding.............

I hope we sign him, but at this stage we have no real basis to get all excited.

Blair

To be fair Lyon have mentioned Manchester United on more than one occasion and subtly invited us to make a bid.

They basically say "Benzema is staying...But what can we do if Manchester United bid"
Lyon inviting us to make a bid as they know we are desperate for a striker and we have £80m+ in the bank? ;)

All this shit drives the price up too.

fergieisold

Lyon inviting us to make a bid as they know we are desperate for a striker and we have £80m+ in the bank? ;)

All this shit drives the price up too.
He will be expensive, but we can't really complain considering the killing we just made on Ronaldo. 35million will probably get him, and if he reaches his potential then if he leaves we will again make a killing.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I do hope you are right, he looks a class player. Although the French league is not the most demanding.............

I hope we sign him, but at this stage we have no real basis to get all excited.
I agree with this.

If anything, the opposite, since the only noises from Benzema and his agent have been about how Spain is his preferred destination and that he wants to stay another year at Lyons regardless.

Probability rating; 2/10

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
He's fantastic imo. Seen him at least 30 odd times over the last few years. Best young centre forward I've seen since Adriano in his Parma/early-Inter period about five years ago.
He is 21 right?

And, didn't he say he wants to stay for another year in France until after the WC? I doubt we will get him anyway.

fergieisold

I agree with this.

If anything, the opposite, since the only noises from Benzema and his agent have been about how Spain is his preferred destination and that he wants to stay another year at Lyons regardless.

Probability rating; 2/10
you're right about the staying with Lyon, but his agent has said they will look at any bid Manchester United make and the only noises coming from Lyon over the last few days have been Manchester United related (despite their claim he is staying)

They are going to try and sell him I think...low chance of him coming here but I will raise your 2/10 to 3/10 :devil:

Kaiketsu_Zorro

I agree with this.

Probability rating; 2/10
If you were a bookie I would make a bet with you, considering how good the odds would be...

french88devil

I do. He obviously got what it takes to play for United, he's strong, quick on his feet, tall, skillfull, good finisher, he has everything a striker needs to have.

But he will want to sign for another club in 3-4 years and will moan in the press if he doesn't play (or if he plays in a position he doesn't like)... You liked tevez and Ronaldo ? you'll love Benzema. He's a fecking spoiled child.

Lot 49

Doom
He is 21 right?

And, didn't he say he wants to stay for another year in France until after the WC? I doubt we will get him anyway.
Yes he's 21 and yes he's said, or at least his agent anyway, that he would like to stay until after the world cup.

I agree it's unlikely we'll sign him but you never know, people saying one thing and then doing another isn't exactly unusual. Tevez said plenty of time he wanted to stay at United :(

Status
Not open for further replies.