Karim Benzema

Status
Not open for further replies.

United 4 Life

If they think someone would chuff up 60 million euros they're having a laugh.
I could see it being around 50 million euros. Lyon know we have money, they know we need a striker, they do not have to sell.

Joga_Bonito

He’ll play upon, Your naturalistic intuitions…
Here's a better translation of the France Football article (with my own minor alterations):

As France Football revealed, Tuesday, Olympique Lyonnais does not exclude the possibility of the departure of Karim Benzema this summer. Francefootball.fr launches the debate: does OL have to keep its 21 year old attacker at all costs? Will Karim Benzema still be with Lyonnais at resumption of the Championship? "Obviously", one would have answered, a few weeks ago, in the hierarchy of Olympique Lyonnais. Today, the answer seems less clear. And the assumption of the 21 year old's departure this summer, under contract at Lyon until June 2013, is not completely isolated.

The Lyons recruiters work on a priority file: to unearth one or two attackers. Officially, it is a question of finding an offensive player to complement Benzema. Lacombe: "All is possible today in football" As we indicated, Tuesday, several names are being mentioned, among them, Lisandro Lopez, the Argentinian from FC Oporto, Andre-Pierre Gignac, the Toulouse striker, Klaas-Jan Huntelaar, the Netherlander of Real Madrid, even Guillaume Hoarau, the giant of the PSG.

"It will be one of them", said the special adviser of president Aulas. Only one of them? "Yes." Are you sure to keep Benzema? "Ah that! You know well that all is possible, today in football". Does Olympique Lyonnais have to do everything to keep Karim Benzema? Or does it have to yield if an offer of 35, 40, 50, even 60 million euros is made? And besides, what is the right price for the number 10 of Lyonnais?

United 4 Life

For a player that has made 8 national appearances that feels a bit much.
Maybe 1-2 years ago, but the transfer market has become something else now. A player that you could have signed for 5-10 million pounds now costs 20 million pounds easily.

Tevez's Mum

Kia Joorabchian's Ho!
For a player that has made 8 national appearances that feels a bit much.
My feelings exactly, I mean France haven't exactly been playing amazing as of late, and therefore you would of expected him to break into the squad and get some goals. I think we need someone who has got some decent international experience, especially when you are paying £40 mil (which I feel is what Lyon want).

Tevez's Mum

Kia Joorabchian's Ho!
If we are going to be making a bid, I think our final offer will be more around the £40M mark.
same. I also think that IF we make an offer and he turns us down this season, we won't make an offer for him again next season. He will only get one chance IMO. I think the only player fergie has asked to come twice was Shearer.

Twisted_Woody

Scout
same. I also think that IF we make an offer and he turns us down this season, we won't make an offer for him again next season. He will only get one chance IMO. I think the only player fergie has asked to come twice was Shearer.
Done with the Tevez thread?

United 4 Life

I think Berba wanted to come to us over Spurs, just finances were the problem or we weren't willing to take the risk. Either way I don't think we actually put in an offer for his services the first time round. I think...could be wrong though.
I think he mentioned it had something to do with Ruud not being sold. And eventually United not wanting to pay the price that was quoted them.

Anduin

£30M, and I'm guessing £35M at most will be our final offer.
Take the weak pound into account.
£35m seems like a good guess though, I'd say we would go as far as £40m (46m Euros).
The market has gone crazy this summer. Ronaldo £80m, Kaka £60m, Bayern want north of £50m for Ribery, Santa Cruz £18m, Glen fecking Johnson £17m, Gareth Barry (one year left on his contract) £12m... City and Real are totally ruining the transfer market. Unfortunately we won't get quality for little money anymore. A winger like Valencia costing in the range of £15-20m (proven in the Premier League, decent overall-performer) should tell you something about it.

anver

Shart stop
If its 40mn they want, we should pay the 40mn and get on with it without hanging around like what we did last summer with Berba.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Here are 3 more of his videos I just found.. They sum up all his dribbling and skills... You MUST watch this in HQ to have any sort of Idea of what the feck is actually happening..

I have also decided that I am never going to do this again.. I feel like a complete fecking muppet..
Good find. Despite being a little hard to make out at times, those videos do a better job showcasing his all-round threat than the others, which mostly focus just on his goalscoring.

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
When he's running with the ball he reminds me a lot of the fat Ronaldo.

I've only seen him in full matches four times or so, two of which were against ourselves. I saw that he has got a lot of qualities though, he's seems a strong confident lad with good pace and genuinely two footed.

I'm sure he's destined to be a top striker within Europe in the future.

gulli_G

I've only seen him in full matches four times or so, two of which were against ourselves. I saw that he has got a lot of qualities though, he's seems a strong confident lad with good pace and genuinely two footed.

he reminds me a little of R9 and Zidane, obviousley not as good.

Colly

He's my dream signing. I really think this is a player we should break our balls to get. We've let the likes of Essien and Torres slip by - both of which had United written all over them (altho Torres only had eyes for Liverpool in truth) - and this guy is another one of them. He's another player that has Manchester United written all over him - he'd be an absolute star at Old Trafford.

I'll be sick if we miss out on him, sick !!

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Agreed. I heard a lot of those comparisons before actually seeing him, but thought they were the usual 'new Zidane' or 'new Maradonna'. But when I saw him I realised that the comparison was quite apt. He doesn't have the sheer skill level of Ronaldo and isn't quite as fast as the Brazilian was when he was young, but he's the closest thing I've seen to the phenomonen.

Benzema is the only striker I've seen first physically push Vidic around, then go and burn Rio with skill and pace. To take on the two best defenders in the world at their own strengths takes something a bit special.

Trying not to get too far ahead of myself, but I hope he's right at the top of the list for Fergie.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
for a start all these stories are rehashed so there is nothing new here - these aren't new statements as these sites edit,omit, cut and paste and use all sorts of tactics to drag out a story and no one can be bothered 9/10 to deny them

Look how long ronaldos people took to deny the rubbish that he was quoteed as saying

There is every chance of getting him. The fact is according to all quotes he is happy to stay AND the player has said himself - if Lyon accept a bid he'll look at it.....

So you can say what you want but your ignoring the facts because your not confident and that's fine. we'll see - the question is, do WE want him?...

Kaiketsu_Zorro

What did you expect, that he'd come out and say "I want to play for Manchester United, I can't imagine another season at Lyon."? He doesn't want to burn his bridges. Of course that he will be happy to stay at Lyon for another year, why wouldn't he be - he's still very young after all. But at the same time his agent admits he'd consider an offer if there comes one. And with Sir Alex mentioned by his agent and Manchester United mentioned by Aulas you come to believe there's no smoke without fire.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
I expect him to say that he grew up with pictures of Mickey Phelan on his bedroom wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.