Karim Benzema

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

I reckon he's on his way. Him or Aguero.

With Kaka, Ronaldo, Messi, Tevez, Torres, Pato, and probably Villa off the market, these lads are the only lads left worth buying.

Someone could make a case for Ibrahimovich but I doubt Fergie would want 2 lazy, egotiscal yet insanely gifted players (when they can be arsed) in himself and Berbatov.

Benzema's the best shout for me, and Lyon will take an offer. Barca don't need him, Madrid are broke again, Milan are broke, Chelsea already have most of their team for next season, Liverpool or Arsenal can't afford him. Surely we're in a fairly decent negiotiations situation.

He's probably cost somewhere near 40mill, but this has to be the summer that he goes.

I'd take himself and Ribery for next year and be done with it

Blair

Didn't Alan Hansen once say something very similar?
Touche.

But you and I both know that losing Ronaldo and Tevez will make us far weaker. We need big players to come in and do the busniess. We should be up there with Barca.

If we were to give Welbeck, Nani etc a shot next season then we'll be lucky to get a CL spot.

RedThaiDevils#7

Married with Manchester United, In love with Giggs
Personally i think we need a slightly lower profile striker
Why ? Welbeck and Macheda will get there games for sure but Berbs and Roon can't play every game together. We need at least one more top class striker out there for the loss of Ronaldo and Tevez and we've got a 100m to spend. Why not Benzema ? Clearly the most suited for United with he's strength, speed, teamwork and can shoot both sides.

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
Alright so I went a little youtube crazy today and saw over 20 Videos of this fella.. They were all shite to be honest cause watching him in a live match on TV was way more impressive than a compilation.. Anyway here are the best ones I found today...

It is highly advisable to watch these videos in HQ as some part are in very poor quality..

All his goals from the 2007/2008 Season

A good Video which has not only goals but a few dribbles and skills too.. The creator of the video is trying to make him out to be the new R9 Ronaldo.. However I disagree with him here is the video:

Then there is the match he played against us in the CL at Lyon:

Against Barcelona:

Feed Me

I'm hungry
I'm crap at odds. And probabilities.

But I would be interested to see what odds the bookies are offering. I would say it's extremely unlikely we sign him. 5-1 against seems reasonable to me.
Sometimes a transfer just feels right. There seems to be a convergence of circumstances and factors:

- We need a top-class attacker.
- We have funds.
- Benzema, if you read what his agent has said, is open to the possibility of a move. He is keeping all avenues open.
- Ferguson is a known admirer of him.

I think this could be a goer.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
I reckon he's on his way. Him or Aguero.

With Kaka, Ronaldo, Messi, Tevez, Torres, Pato, and probably Villa off the market, these lads are the only lads left worth buying.

Someone could make a case for Ibrahimovich but I doubt Fergie would want 2 lazy, egotiscal yet insanely gifted players (when they can be arsed) in himself and Berbatov.

Benzema's the best shout for me, and Lyon will take an offer. Barca don't need him, Madrid are broke again, Milan are broke, Chelsea already have most of their team for next season, Liverpool or Arsenal can't afford him. Surely we're in a fairly decent negiotiations situation.

He's probably cost somewhere near 40mill, but this has to be the summer that he goes.

I'd take himself and Ribery for next year and be done with it
Aguero is a no go for us. He's not the type of forward we need. Plus his demands are exorbitant.

What makes you say Madrid are "broke"? Have a missed something?

Enigma_87

You know who
Aguero is a no go for us. He's not the type of forward we need. Plus his demands are exorbitant.
Disagree. Aguero will be a great acquisition for pretty much every team. He's much better than Tevez in every aspect but strength.
Aguero and Benzema will do us fine.

---------VDS------------
--D--E---F---E---N---C--E
---Hargo---Ando/Fletch---
--------Carrick------------
Aguero------------Rooney
------Benzema/Berbatov---

Interchanging 4-3-3.

Fergies Formula

The worst thing about this whole thing is, if we dont get him in the near future someone else will and he will go on to be a world class striker who will dominate and score over 25 goals every season and we will regret it so.

He is 21 and a natural and I'll be sad to see him go anywhere other than here, after following him for about 3 seasons now I have always held onto the hope that we would sign him and i feel now is our chance. We must make this happen he is a star in the making, I can guarantee that in a few years these kind of flippant compliments will not be seen as strong possibilities but as blatantly obvious statements which will be recognized world-wide.

If this happens this will be the best signing since rooney and he will go on to be the worlds best number 9

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
Here are 3 more of his videos I just found.. They sum up all his dribbling and skills... You MUST watch this in HQ to have any sort of Idea of what the feck is actually happening..

I have also decided that I am never going to do this again.. I feel like a complete fecking muppet..

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
lets get cantona to talk to him

madrid make zidane do there dirty work :mad:

Ive been watching Karim Benzema videos all day. Most of it ive seen before but here is one of the newest ones. We may never have such a chance to buy him and im really hoping that we make a serious move while we can.

Sam

Theres gonna be some depressed souls in here come deadline day :lol:

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Disagree. Aguero will be a great acquisition for pretty much every team. He's much better than Tevez in every aspect but strength.
Aguero and Benzema will do us fine.

---------VDS------------
--D--E---F---E---N---C--E
---Hargo---Ando/Fletch---
--------Carrick------------
Aguero------------Rooney
------Benzema/Berbatov---

Interchanging 4-3-3.
I was talking about if we signed only one forward.

Unfortunately, I don't see us bringing two forwards of that calibre in.

Redfighter

Officially gullible
At the secret training camp for United Militia
Well, if we have a bid accepted and SAF gets chance to speak to the lad then I think there is a good chance he'll join us. The quotes from Benzema's agent give the impression that there is some room for Benzema to consider an offer.

I would really like to see this lad at Old Trafford in a United shirt, I think he'll turn out to be a special player for us. And those who a suggestng it could be a problem with Berbatov etc are not thinking with the right mentality. We are Manchester United, if the best is available we buy it and improve the team, if someone then misses out then they weren't good enough or didn't do the business. Besides, I'm sure SAF can give 3 players across 2 positions enough matches out of 60 odd to keep em' happy. They are winning medals.

Enigma_87

You know who
I was talking about if we signed only one forward.

Unfortunately, I don't see us bringing two forwards of that calibre in.
well, we lost 2 pieces of the puzzle(Tevez/Ronaldo) so I wouldn't count that possibility out. I doubt that Benzema AND Aguero both will be worth more than 80 millions.

talking robot

I have no idea how reputable this lyon based website is, but they are reporting that Benzema accidentally showed up on the manutd website under the squad listing. Could have been faked though.

http://www.lyoncapitale.fr/index.php?menu=05&article=8158
SPORT

OLYMPIQUE LYONNAIS
Mais que fait Karim Benzema sur le site officiel de Manchester United ? (22/06/2009 )
Exclusif - Bug informatique ou réelle information ? Depuis quelques heures, Karim Benzema se trouve dans la liste des joueurs appartenant à Manchester United sur le site officiel du club (voir capture d'écran et cliquez ici). Contacté par Lyon Capitale, Karim Djaziri, l'agent du joueur s'est dit surpris par notre information : "Non, Karim (Benzema) n'a pas signé à Manchester. Concernant le fait qu'il se trouve sur le site officiel, je ne peux l'expliquer, je ne suis pas au courant." La presse anglaise faisait état lundi matin d'une offre de 41M€ de Manchester pour acquérir l'attaquant de l'OL. La présence du Brondillant sur le site internet des Red Devils interpelle. De deux choses l'une : soit elle témoigne d'une erreur (assez grossière ! Tout de même) du webmaster du club, soit d'une réelle assurance dans l'issue des négociations. Affaire à suivre..

Feed Me

I'm hungry
well, we lost 2 pieces of the puzzle(Tevez/Ronaldo) so I wouldn't count that possibility out. I doubt that Benzema AND Aguero both will be worth more than 80 millions.
That'd be nice. I dunno whether we we plough all of the Ronaldo money back into transfers though.

There will be some prudence, given the debt. Rightly so.

Enigma_87

You know who
That'd be nice. I dunno whether we we plough all of the Ronaldo money back into transfers though.

There will be some prudence, given the debt. Rightly so.
Well yeah, but surely we must have some transfer kitty tho? I mean 80 mills. Given it'll be some kind of installment plan, but so will be an eventual transfers of Benzema and/or Aguero. Looks like Campbell is on the way too. Doubt Fergie will leave the squad with 2 experienced forwards(strikers) and a young lad come the new season. Berba is given less advanced role, thus making some place for Benzema type of forward.

If Fergie goes for Aguero/Benzema/ or another name to spend the 80 mil pounds from Ronaldo and buys someone like Costa/Valencia for about 10 mills, the net spend will be 10-15 mill tops. The Glazers pretty much backed Fergie, we didn't spend a penny on Tevez and all.

talking robot

They are also saying that it was either an error or else the club are very confident that they ll get Benzema..

I'm not very convinced by the report.

Would love to see Benzema come here though. I do think the stars have aligned for this one. He's the right age, not too terribly expensive for his talent and potential, and we could desperately use a lead the line striker like him.

Wes

I reckon they'll spend another 80m before the end of the summer. At least.

The feckers don't operate like normal football clubs.
I reckon it'll be more like thirty million nett spend. Loads of players will be offloaded. From Higuan, Saviola, Heinze, Drethne, M. Diarra, Van der Vaart, Sneijer, Metzelder, Van Nistelrooy, Robben or Huntelaar - anyone could go.

Mainoldo

I have no idea how reputable this lyon based website is, but they are reporting that Benzema accidentally showed up on the manutd website under the squad listing. Could have been faked though.

http://www.lyoncapitale.fr/index.php?menu=05&article=8158
SPORT

OLYMPIQUE LYONNAIS
Mais que fait Karim Benzema sur le site officiel de Manchester United ? (22/06/2009 )
Exclusif - Bug informatique ou réelle information ? Depuis quelques heures, Karim Benzema se trouve dans la liste des joueurs appartenant à Manchester United sur le site officiel du club (voir capture d'écran et cliquez ici). Contacté par Lyon Capitale, Karim Djaziri, l'agent du joueur s'est dit surpris par notre information : "Non, Karim (Benzema) n'a pas signé à Manchester. Concernant le fait qu'il se trouve sur le site officiel, je ne peux l'expliquer, je ne suis pas au courant." La presse anglaise faisait état lundi matin d'une offre de 41M€ de Manchester pour acquérir l'attaquant de l'OL. La présence du Brondillant sur le site internet des Red Devils interpelle. De deux choses l'une : soit elle témoigne d'une erreur (assez grossière ! Tout de même) du webmaster du club, soit d'une réelle assurance dans l'issue des négociations. Affaire à suivre..
:lol::lol: Didn't someone on here do that yesterday??!

dev1l

This is a googled translation of an article from France Football:

Benzema at United in pole 21/06/2009 08:45
Notez: Note:

Avec les départs annoncés de Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid) et Carlos Tevez (Manchester City ?), Manchester United ne compte désormais plus que deux attaquants d'expérience (Rooney et Berbatov) dans ses rangs. With the announced departure of Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid), Carlos Tevez (Manchester City?), Manchester United now do more than two attackers experience (Rooney and Berbatov) in its ranks. Une situation qui va impérativement contraindre Sir Alex Ferguson à recruter dans ce secteur. A situation that will necessarily force Sir Alex Ferguson to recruit in this sector. Et selon Le Parisien de ce dimanche, l'entraîneur écossais des finalistes de la dernière finale de Ligue des champions aurait jeté son dévolu sur l'attaquant vedette de l'Olympique Lyonnais, Karim Benzema (Photo Presse-Sports ). And according to Le Parisien this Sunday, the coach of Scottish finalists in the last final of the Champions League would have thrown his sights on the attacker star of Olympique Lyonnais Karim Benzema (Photo News-Sports).
Pas moins de 35 millions sur la table Not less than 35 million on the table

Cela fait désormais quatre ans que le manager le plus titré de l'histoire du football britannique suit l'international français de 21 ans. It is now four years that the most successful manager in the history of British football after the international french 21 years. Selon une source proche du club, « Karim (Benzema) possède toutes les caractéristiques pour jouer à MU. According to a source close to the club, "Karim (Benzema) has all the characteristics to play MU. Maintenant que Carlos (Tevez) a pris sa décision (de partir, Ndlr), nous allons nous pencher sur son transfert. Now that Carlos (Tevez) has made its decision (to leave, Editor's note), we will focus on transfer. » Une transaction qui ne devrait pas se négocier à moins de 35 millions d'euros pour un joueur encore sous contrat jusqu'en 2012 et à la marge de progression énorme. A transaction that should not be negotiated at least 35 million euros for a player still under contract until 2012 and the huge room for improvement. Aulas est un fin négociateur et Ferguson le sait : « On l'a vu lors des transferts de Diarra ou Essien. Aulas is a negotiator and Ferguson knows: "We saw it during transfers of Essien and Diarra. » Les triples champions d'Angleterre en titre devraient donc contacter l'OL et l'agent du joueur dans les toutes prochaines heures. The triple champions of England in title should contact the OL and the agent of the player in the next hours.
http://www.francefootball.fr/FF/breves2009/20090622_234228_l-ol-doit-il-conserver-benzema.html

Status
Not open for further replies.