Karim Benzema

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we end this thread, he clearly doesn't want to come here so lets stop fawning over him.

Karim Benzema remains "very happy" at Real Madrid and intends to see out the remaining five years on his contract.

The 22-year-old France forward moved to the Spanish capital from Lyon last summer for around 35 million euros.

He has failed to have the desired impact at the Bernabeu so far but reckons it is only a matter of time before he is back to his best.

"I am very happy at Real Madrid and the club trust me," he said.

"I'm not disappointed (with the season). It's a great experience to play for Real Madrid and next season will be much better.

"I wish I had been better, but this is the first of six seasons I will be here.

"The next year I hope to be much better."

He added: "I know when I play well and when I play bad. It's been a very difficult year for me because it is the first time I'm out of my country, away from my family and my friends.

"The bottom line for me is work, work, work."

Madrid head into the final round of Primera Division fixtures this weekend a point behind arch rivals Barcelona.

Manuel Pellegrini's side must win at Malaga and hope Barca fail to beat Real Valladolid at the Nou Camp.

"They will be hard games," said Benzema. "If Barcelona win they are champions, but we have to focus on our match against Malaga and not think of Barcelona."

f365

If I were a player and I'd get the chance to revive my career at United, then why not ? To be fair, we are listening to quotes from Marca and etc... It's not like he hates us that much as the papers are claiming, to be fair he has only said that RM was his dream... which he probably realises now that its probably not the best club for him, but I do accept the fact if he wants to stay there and will not join us.

There are many other strikers out there, Suarez, Dzeko, Aguero etc.

there is no way benzema is anywhere near 200k a week at madrid
would be very surprised if he was over 70-80k

He's believed to be on something like 5.5m Euros. He was transferred in time to qualify for the low tax rate though, so it'd probably cost us 6.5 to 7m Euros to match his take home pay.

Can we end this thread, he clearly doesn't want to come here so lets stop fawning over him.

Karim Benzema remains "very happy" at Real Madrid and intends to see out the remaining five years on his contract.

The 22-year-old France forward moved to the Spanish capital from Lyon last summer for around 35 million euros.

He has failed to have the desired impact at the Bernabeu so far but reckons it is only a matter of time before he is back to his best.

"I am very happy at Real Madrid and the club trust me," he said.

"I'm not disappointed (with the season). It's a great experience to play for Real Madrid and next season will be much better.

"I wish I had been better, but this is the first of six seasons I will be here.

"The next year I hope to be much better."

He added: "I know when I play well and when I play bad. It's been a very difficult year for me because it is the first time I'm out of my country, away from my family and my friends.

"The bottom line for me is work, work, work."

Madrid head into the final round of Primera Division fixtures this weekend a point behind arch rivals Barcelona.

Manuel Pellegrini's side must win at Malaga and hope Barca fail to beat Real Valladolid at the Nou Camp.

"They will be hard games," said Benzema. "If Barcelona win they are champions, but we have to focus on our match against Malaga and not think of Barcelona."

f365

Like I said sometime ago, it's not his decision whether he's going to stay or go. If he's surplus to requirement then he will go regardless.

He strikes me as a bit of a knob. A Footballer who is totally happy bench warming at a massive club, if he stays it will be much of the same next season.

Even though I still maintain that the midfield and probably the goalkeeping positions should still be our priorities, should we go for a striker I will prefer we go for one who genuinely wants to play for United and not just come here because we are his insurance ticket.

Benzema made his own bed and now he must sleep in it, let him rot there and I wish Higuain and Ronaldo never get injured and that the two of them score shitload of goals (except for when they play United).

After the Berba experience I doubt it if SAF is going to be signing an established and much coveted player with little or no motivation to make himself a success at United.

Come now lads. Just because what he is saying is not outwardly conducive to him coming to United, it doesn't mean he's a knob, or lacks ambition...

If that was a young striker who'd joined United and hadn't pulled up any trees in his first season at OT, he'd be commended for his desire to knuckle down and work, instead of sulking and wanting aware after only 12 months...

There may be other things to suggest an element of knobishness in his makeup, but this isn't one of them. No need to dismiss his ambition or character just because you may or may not perceive his desire to stay at Real as a snub or blow to United...

Come now lads. Just because what he is saying is not outwardly conducive to him coming to United, it doesn't mean he's a knob, or lacks ambition...

If that was a young striker who'd joined United and hadn't pulled up any trees in his first season at OT, he'd be commended for his desire to knuckle down and work, instead of sulking and wanting aware after only 12 months...

There may be other things to suggest an element of knobishness in his makeup, but this isn't one of them. No need to dismiss his ambition or character just because you may or may not perceive his desire to stay at Real as a snub or blow to United...
Exactly. Let's say that a team like Inter wanted to buy Anderson but he was saying these same things about wanting to stay here and fight for his place, we would be praising him.

Raoul said:
He prefers warming the Bench at Madrid than playing anywhere else. That says it all.
Maybe in the short-term he's willing to fight for his place. I don't see why that attitude would be seen as a negative thing? As long as he feels like he has a realistic chance of winning a place anyway; if it continues for too long or if (as is likely) they go out and buy someone like Villa then that may well change. And that's when Fergie may decide to revisit his interest.

He prefers warming the Bench at Madrid than playing anywhere else. That says it all.
He likes it now because he thinks he has a chance of making the first team. When Villa or Pato arrives in the summer his tune will change, the same way Sneijder's did. I can't see him having the patience to pull a Van der Vaart.

So you don't want him because he doesn't want to join?

So if he joined then you would be upset because he didn't want to join, but joined because, erm, something or other...urm...hey look over there!! *vanishes*

So you don't want him because he doesn't want to join?

So if he joined then you would be upset because he didn't want to join, but joined because, erm, something or other...urm...hey look over there!! *vanishes*

No, I'd rather he joined City. When a bird says she doesn't fancy me, I get with the the program.

Ah he's a life long City fan is he? I didn't realise that, my bad, as you were.

So you think he's a lifelong Madrid fan? When SAF tells the press a player is wanted, you either listen or you feck off. Seems a proper City player to me.

So you think he's a lifelong Madrid fan? When SAF tells the press a player is wanted, you either listen or you feck off. Seems a proper City player to me.

I don't know/give a shit who he supports. He's a professional footballer.

There's nothing unusual in a player, especially one from the continent, choosing to join Madrid over United. I wouldn't refuse him because he earlier elected to join Madrid. What an arrogant and snobbish attitude to have.

-Karim Benzema has been left out of France provisional squad for the World Cup.

Coach Raymond Domenech said Tuesday the Real Madrid striker's difficult season ended his chances to make the trip to South Africa.

Domenech said Benzema, who was often left on the bench this season at Madrid, will "soon bounce back."

Domenech added that he made his selection without taking account of the sex scandal involving several France players including Benzema, whose name was mentioned by police investigating a prostitution network.

Veteran midfielder Patrick Vieira didn't make the cut either.

Vieira, a former Arsenal player who has made 107 international appearances, returned to the Premier League from Inter Milan in January in a bid to regain his spot but failed to impress Domenech.

Domenech, who earlier said he would name a final 23-man squad as soon as Tuesday, finally opted for a larger group. Coaches have until June 1 to trim their squads.

Read More: Benzema left out of France World Cup squad - - SI.com

I don't know/give a shit who he supports. He's a professional footballer.

There's nothing unusual in a player, especially one from the continent, choosing to join Madrid over United. I wouldn't refuse him because he earlier elected to join Madrid. What an arrogant and snobbish attitude to have.

If you had the choice between a world recognized trademark without a clear leader, and the most recognized boss in the world, combined with one of the most recognized trademarks in the world, what would you choose? As a professional I mean :wenger:

Domenech is known for omitting top players, often claiming that astronomy played a role in his choices

I think Huntelaar would do better and fit better at United than Benzema would.

Christ! Huntelaars garbage, have you watched him at Milan? their fans cant wait to get shot of him, he was horrific when we faced them this season to, hes just not a very good player, would add nothing to our team, Berbatov is a far better player than him...hell Owen is probably better!

Id rather we kept what we had than signed that useless lump.

If you had the choice between a world recognized trademark without a clear leader, and the most recognized boss in the world, combined with one of the most recognized trademarks in the world, what would you choose? As a professional I mean :wenger:

:lol::rolleyes:

Not worth the hassle.

Yeah, Benzema, what a cnut!!

Status
Not open for further replies.