Karim Benzema

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man Utd and Real Madrid close to major agreement

Man Utd and Real Madrid are very close to coming to an agreement over striker Karim Benzema according to reports out of Spain. Sir Alex Ferguson has long been an admirer of Benzema and wanted to bring the Frenchman to Old Trafford last season but was thwarted in his attempts after Real Madrid snatched the 22 year old from under their noses.

Benzema himself only two days ago stated that he never wants to leave Real Madrid and is wanted to stay at the Bernabeau forever but that now looks like nothing more than a last desperate attempt by the player to convince the money men at Real Madrid to stick with him, that appeal however looks like it has fallen on death ears and Man Utd are closer now than they have ever been to securing their man.

Ferguson is looking for a new striker no matter what comments come out of Old Trafford, they want to get rid of flop Dimitar Berbatov and Benzema has always been their preferred target and with the Frenchman not getting much playing time at Real Madrid Ferguson is hopeful that Benzema will be a Man Utd player next season.

No fee has been mentioned and to be honest it is still not clear if this will be a loan deal or permanent move but the Spanish media are convinced that a deal is very close to being agreed.

Source: Red Devils Close to Major Agreement Over Real Madrid Striker

That would surprise me

Man Utd and Real Madrid close to major agreement

Man Utd and Real Madrid are very close to coming to an agreement over striker Karim Benzema according to reports out of Spain. Sir Alex Ferguson has long been an admirer of Benzema and wanted to bring the Frenchman to Old Trafford last season but was thwarted in his attempts after Real Madrid snatched the 22 year old from under their noses.

Benzema himself only two days ago stated that he never wants to leave Real Madrid and is wanted to stay at the Bernabeau forever but that now looks like nothing more than a last desperate attempt by the player to convince the money men at Real Madrid to stick with him, that appeal however looks like it has fallen on death ears and Man Utd are closer now than they have ever been to securing their man.

Ferguson is looking for a new striker no matter what comments come out of Old Trafford, they want to get rid of flop Dimitar Berbatov and Benzema has always been their preferred target and with the Frenchman not getting much playing time at Real Madrid Ferguson is hopeful that Benzema will be a Man Utd player next season.

No fee has been mentioned and to be honest it is still not clear if this will be a loan deal or permanent move but the Spanish media are convinced that a deal is very close to being agreed.

Source: Red Devils Close to Major Agreement Over Real Madrid Striker

Both of these are contradicting, one says according to media in Spain while according to media in England. So we can safely conclude that this reports is bs

I don't think the comparison is fair.

By the time Shevchenko arrived in London he was coasting. He was past his best, and he didn't have anywhere to go but down. Benzema is arguably three or four years from his peak, so it would make sense if we wanted to have a look at him, and then decide.

I'd mean that it'd be awesome for us but RM would like like a complete joke... you don't sign players, especially 35m and loan then to a Rival CL team IMO.

I think thats the plan. With all the strikers floating about and 2 very good wingers its about time we revert back to 4-4-2.

Then we can have Fletcher/Hargreaves in the middle with Carrick/Anderson. Scholes can then be used when we want to play 4-4-3. That'd be my wish anyway :)

As for Benzema, I think he'd come to us with a point to prove. Whether or not he'll turn out to be a good buy depends on the willingness to play him in his natural position and give him time to adjust.

I'm pretty sure we're sniffing around several targets atm and those targets will shape how our formation lines up next year I imagine.

4-4-3?? dont you think we'd struggle without a goalkeeper?

Hernan Crespo? It was only 17million but they loaned him out to a champions league club.

Crespo, Shevshenko, only a joke like the Renties would do that. Robinho had his own problems... but seriously Benzema on loan after one normal season where he started off okay, but got injured ? I can't see the logic on why they'd loan a potentially world class striker out of their current squad. Unless they didn't sell Negredo.

Crespo, Shevshenko, only a joke like the Renties would do that. Robinho had his own problems... but seriously Benzema on loan after one normal season where he started off okay, but got injured ? I can't see the logic on why they'd loan a potentially world class striker out of their current squad. Unless they didn't sell Negredo.

They did but they have a buy-back clause again!

They did but they have a buy-back clause again!

To be totally honest with you... Negredo has slightly degressed after joining Seville... Hasn't scored the amount you'd want for a CF... And as their stupid policy is to go for only the Best players in the world, I would be surprised if they bought Negredo back again. ( They were lucky to get anywhere near 18m in the first place )

To be totally honest with you... Negredo has slightly degressed after joining Seville... Hasn't scored the amount you'd want for a CF... And as their stupid policy is to go for only the Best players in the world, I would be surprised if they bought Negredo back again. ( They were lucky to get anywhere near 18m in the first place )

Well they still have to meet the minimum Spanish player requirement and that is why they re-signed the likes of Granero and Arbeloa.. Which is why when Guti and Raul leave when they do they will need to replace them with some Spanish players and Negredo might just find himself back at Madrid someday..

Well they still have to meet the minimum Spanish player requirement and that is why they re-signed the likes of Granero and Arbeloa.. Which is why when Guti and Raul leave when they do they will need to replace them with some Spanish players and Negredo might just find himself back at Madrid someday..

Hopefully they'll sign David Villa aswell.

Hopefully they'll sign David Villa aswell.

Well if they do then that would totally dissolve the chance of what I said from happening for a few reasons.. 1. Villa and Negredo both are strikers. 2. If they get Villa that solves their Minimum Spanish player requirement.

I also heard that Real intend on keeping Sergio Canales instead of letting him out on loan again.. Would be a good replacement for Guti/Van Der Vaart if they leave..

United will not break wage cap for Benzema
United will not break wage cap for Benzema - Transfers, Football - The Independent
Manchester United's determination to regain the Premier League title will not draw them into paying the top-end wages commanded by some players at Manchester City and Chelsea, despite the Glazer family's indications to Sir Alex Ferguson that there is money to spend this summer.

The Independent understands that United matched Lyons' £35m asking price for Karim Benzema last summer but only walked away from the deal when the player's wage demands soared to near £200,000 a week. Though City were prepared to pay John Terry more than £200,000 a week to move to Eastlands last summer, United will apply the same strictures on salaries as they set about winning back the title.

United have been linked with a fresh move for Benzema, who moved to Real for £35m – the same price United were offering 12 months ago. But the player will seemingly need to accept a substantial reduction in pay, and any desire United may have for a more potent strike partner for Wayne Rooney will be tempered by a determination not to shatter the current pay structure. Wayne Rooney is likely to become United's highest paid player by signing a possible £150,000-a-week deal after the World Cup.

Ferguson is acutely aware of City's ability to blow him out of the water where salaries are concerned. Robinho's arrival on £160,000 a week on the first day of the club's Abu Dhabi ownership shattered the club's own pay structure and Carlos Tevez's £140,000 a week is topped up with benefits including having his £1,800 monthly rent paid by the club.

Any player that would choose another club over United b/c a 120K a week is not enough is quite frankly welcome to feck off.

there is no way benzema is anywhere near 200k a week at madrid
would be very surprised if he was over 70-80k

Isnt Berba at 90k a week? If so the he is worth at least that
comparing seasons
berbatov has been much better than benzema
berbatov was proven in the league , benzema played in the french league and benzema is very young

so no , he isnt worth that

Considering there are no real sources or quotes the article is more or less fabricated and inter-woven with bullshit

I know, I was just making the comment in general as regards wages, I think United realistically have to accept that £30-35M is to be the going rate for world class players now, but they shouldn't alter the wage system at the club.

all this doesn't mean Berbatov wasn't shite. Because he was feckin horrible this season. Just saying...

No he wasn't. He's had a bad run here in the last month and a half. Other than that he's been quite good.

This Benzema rumour is refusing to go away. Even when the lad has repeatedly said he is happy in Spain and wants to play for Madrid for years to come. I hope this persistance in the rumour means United do sign him cos I think the lad is pure class, and just what we need. Him and Rooney up front is just a brilliant strike force.
Here's hoping anyway.

He's said before he wants to stay and he's glad he turned us down to join them.

So why do we have our hopes up? He does not want to play for us!!

It's not going to happen.

He's said before he wants to stay and he's glad he turned us down to join them.

So why do we have our hopes up? He does not want to play for us!!

It's not going to happen.

There's no love like muppet love.

This Benzema rumour is refusing to go away. Even when the lad has repeatedly said he is happy in Spain and wants to play for Madrid for years to come. I hope this persistance in the rumour means United do sign him cos I think the lad is pure class, and just what we need. Him and Rooney up front is just a brilliant strike force.
Here's hoping anyway.

I hate to be the bringer of bad news but the media have to fill the papers and they have no ethics. They don't care what's right or wrong so I wouldn't get to excited

Status
Not open for further replies.