Karim Benzema

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Do I regret not signing for Manchester United? No. I dreamt about Real, that’s all,” said Benzema. “It was a first season to learn. I didn’t know what a season abroad was. Now I know, and next term, from the very first day, I will be at my very best. I don’t want to leave. I don’t think the club wants to see me leave. I want to make a name for myself.”

Benzema: I Don’t Regret Snubbing United

He doesn't want to leave...and we dont want him...
move on to the next target....

Real Madrid Star Karim Benzema: My Body Needs To Play More
The French youngster wants to stay at Madrid forever...

By Paul Madden
May 3, 2010 11:24:00 PM
Real Madrid Star Karim Benzema: My Body Needs To Play More - Goal.com
Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema has stated that he needs to play more regularly to keep himself in good physical shape.

The French forward also revealed that settling into life in Madrid has proved difficult but insisted that he intends to stay with los Merengues and promised that the best is yet to come from him in terms of form.

"I feel very good, but my body is better if I play more. I need to play more to feel better, it is essential for me, for my speed. I can do better, but I need to play more to interact with the whole group. Now I feel better," he told AS.

"I came here alone and my adaptation was difficult. I spent three months in a hotel but ow I live in my house with a friend. This is best for me and it shows on the pitch.

"My adaptation is still difficult, but I have plenty of time left because I signed for seven years. Next season will be the best Benzema. My dream was to sign for Real Madrid and now that I have, I want to stay forever."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

He just aint coming despite what The Sun and Mirror are going to keep saying unless Real have to offload him for Villa but even if they buy Villa he will probably stay!!!

Why??

Sneijder wanted to stay, he ended up leaving against his will. Robben wanted to stay, he ended up leaving against his will as well. Real Madrid don't care if you want to stay. Hell - If Ronaldo or someone else says I want to go, its not sure they will let him do that neither - I think their reply would be we won't sell you. Robinho wanted to leave, Real would not let it happen until they received a £32m offer for him - if they had not got that, they wouldn't have sold him! No other club than Manchester City would pay that amount for Robinho, at that time, if they are to drop him this summer, it will be millions lost.

Real Madrid does not care what the players want, at least not all of them. They care about what Real Madrid wants. The manager does not decide whom stays and whom goes - its the president - whom does not have a regular contact with the players anyway. Of course that is a bad policy in the long run, but that is the way it goes.

What I know, is that Real Madrid will spend this summer, and it is not like Perez to spend money at defenders - attacking players will signed, and someone will need to go. It wont be Ronaldo, it wont be Higuain - I bet they arent happy with neither Kaka or Benzema and I think they are more likely to drop Benzema than Kaka.

Why not make a few more threads about other players who are better than Benzema, who also don't want to come here. This is truly the transfer forum at its worst.

They really wouldn't.

If they can get 40+ in the top leagues 70+ in the Scottish would be well within there reach.

I was responding to a comment about Benzema against Rangers nothing more. Lets face it people are looking for reason for and against Benzema and I was simply pointing out I don't think a good performance against Rangers stands for much.

If they can get 40+ in the top leagues 70+ in the Scottish would be well within there reach.

:lol:

Don't be stupid. Neither Messi or Ronaldo have scored 40+ in their league, and to think they'd average almost two a game in Scotland is just daft.

Crerand Legend said:
When are people going to realise he does not want to play here and players like that we dont need or want
Except that really wasn't the case. He did vaguely indicate that he'd prefer Spain or Italy over England, but when it came to actually naming clubs that he'd like to play for we were one of the three or four that he named (ourselves, Madrid, and either Barca or Milan or possibly both).

People take it far too personally that he preferred Madrid. There's a huge difference between actively not wanting to join us (which many people seem to be making out) and us only being 2nd or 3rd choice. If Liverpool were at the same level as us then the likes of Rio, O'Shea and even Solskjaer would all have preferred them before they actually joined us, as all three grew up as Liverpool fans. If Everton were competing with the likes of ourselves and Barca then Rooney would never have left. Etc, etc. The only difference in Benzema's case is that the club both wanted him and is at the same level as ourselves. It's a disappointment, but don't make out that it's more than it was.

Don't be stupid. Neither Messi or Ronaldo have scored 40+ in their league, and to think they'd average almost two a game in Scotland is just daft.

Ok I will explain. Ronaldo plays in a top league, Messi plays in a top League. Both have scored more than 40 in a season while playing in a top league. Did I say league goals?

It's nowhere near 2 goals a game it's just over one and lets be honest if Ronaldo has scored nearly a goal a game in Spain anyone who doubts he could go over and above that in Scotland is the stupid one.

Rangers and Celtic play Cup football aswell you know.

Ok I will explain. Ronaldo plays in a top league, Messi plays in a top League. Both have scored more than 40 in a season while playing in a top league. Did I say league goals?

Note the bits in bold (above and below);

If you genuinely believe that you know nothing about football. They score a hatful of goals in leagues like the EPL and La Liga because the sides they play for are so far ahead of the rest in the league. It's a team game, not one man versus a goalkeeper.

They'd likely score a similar amount of goals in Scotland to the levels they get in England/Spain, 40+, maybe 50+, but no way would they score over 70+.

It's nowhere near 2 goals a game it's just over one and lets be honest if Ronaldo has scored nearly a goal a game in Spain anyone who doubts he could go over and above that in Scotland is the stupid one.

I was talking purely about league goals. 38 games at 2 a game = 76, which fits in with your 70+.

Rangers and Celtic play Cup football aswell you know.

Really? :rolleyes:

Regardless, playing lower league teams on mud-baths doesn't always guarantee hatfuls of goals as we've witnessed numerous times.

Take them out of their comfort zone (protected by referees, alongside some of the best players in the world and playing on bowling greens) and the game is changed. Yes they would still be head and shoulders above the rest but not 70+ goals worth. :lol:

Ok I get your point in England and Spain there teams are ahead of the rest. So it's easier for them to score goals. But the difference is that the level at the top of Scottish football is the likes of Caldwell. Who is at the bottom level in England now. So surely it stand to reason that the team who are at the bottom in Scotland are going to have even worse players than the players at the bottom teams in England? I.e it will be easier to score against them.

Maybe you were talking about league goals but I was talking about overall goals playing in a league. So while playing in the Scottish league or English they still play Europe and Cup I thought this would be obvious when I mentioned Messi and Ronaldo getting 40+?

No it doesn't guarantee hatfuls in every game but I don't know how you can honestly say somebody with the likes of Ronaldos motivation and desire to play well regardless of how good his teammates performances are couldn't score 70+. I mean you responsed to me with Henrik Larsson earlier and in his best year what did he get 53? Ronaldo and Messi are streets ahead of Larsson so an extra 17 goals is it really that much of a sure thing they couldn't do it.

Anyway this is getting dragged way of topic yours is an opinion mine is an opinion. We will never find out as these kind of players will never go to Scotland due to the level of it.

Honestly he'd be silly to give up after one less-than-successful season. He seems to love real, so perhaps we should leave him be.

Note the bits in bold (above and below);

If you genuinely believe that you know nothing about football. They score a hatful of goals in leagues like the EPL and La Liga because the sides they play for are so far ahead of the rest in the league. It's a team game, not one man versus a goalkeeper.

They'd likely score a similar amount of goals in Scotland to the levels they get in England/Spain, 40+, maybe 50+, but no way would they score over 70+.

I was talking purely about league goals. 38 games at 2 a game = 76, which fits in with your 70+.

Really? :rolleyes:

Regardless, playing lower league teams on mud-baths doesn't always guarantee hatfuls of goals as we've witnessed numerous times.

Take them out of their comfort zone (protected by referees, alongside some of the best players in the world and playing on bowling greens) and the game is changed. Yes they would still be head and shoulders above the rest but not 70+ goals worth. :lol:

Of course they wouldn't score 70+ goals but 40+ would be easy. A player not close to their ability without scoring extra goals from set pieces has done it. Yes that player is Henrik Larsson.
And I've seen enough of Ronaldo and Messi that they won't let a bad pitch affect them. In a team like Celtic or Rangers I could very well see them going over 50 goals. Like you said, Barcelona and Real play so far ahead of the rest of the league. Same goes for those two teams.

And it's ridiculous to say that they are protected by the referees. That's absurd. Ronaldo's got it way worse now in La Liga then he ever got in the EPL. Twice this season I've seen him with holes on his shin.

70+ goals, bottomline, like you said, is not possible. On a console it's even hard (assuming you're not playing on easy/pro).

You live in a world of Pro Evolution Soccer. :lol:

Yeah course:rolleyes:

Not that I could have watched the standard of Scottish football long enough to form an opinion.

Robbie Keane,hopeless in England 12 goals in 15 games so far for a poor Celtic team. 50 games this season for Celtic. Ronaldo averages 1 goal a game nearly for Real. Impossible I doubt it? Seriously guys who think this isn't possible obviously don't watch enough Celtic or Rangers games and the dross that they play.

Yeah course:rolleyes:

Not that I could have watched the standard of Scottish football long enough to form an opinion.

Robbie Keane,hopeless in England 12 goals in 15 games so far for a poor Celtic team. 50 games this season for Celtic. Ronaldo averages 1 goal a game nearly for Real. Impossible I doubt it? Seriously guys who think this isn't possible obviously don't watch enough Celtic or Rangers games and the dross that they play.

I watch Scottish football every week (and still wonder why I do it) and there's no way they would score 70+ goals in a season up here.

Stick to your PS3.

Jesus, what happened to this thread? Have I actually just read a debate about a player scoring SEVENTY goals or "at least 50" in Scotland???

Some of you live in a strange fantasy world I swear!

I watch Scottish football every week (and still wonder why I do it) and there's no way they would score 70+ goals in a season up here.

Stick to your PS3.

What are you a Celtic or Rangers fan that's finding it hard to deal with the state the league is in?

Larsson scored 53 when the league was actually half decent by it's standards these days. Scottish football has died a death last couple of years. The difference in quality is night and day.

Anyway PS3 no. But I have played football long enough and seen enough times a player who is simply too good for a team or division whether this be professional amateur whatever score 60-70 goals in a season. Scottish football is Championship level if your lucky.

What are you a Celtic or Rangers fan that's finding it hard to deal with the state the league is in?

It's very clear how shit the SPL is just now, and to answer your question I support neither Rangers or Celtic.

Larsson scored 53 when the league was actually half decent by it's standards these days. Scottish football has died a death last couple of years. The difference in quality is night and day.

The season that Larsson scored 53 in all competitions he was in a very good Celtic side that (if I remember right) won the treble that year (a side that beat Ajax, Juventus and Porto the following season and got to a European final not long after as well).

I think that side had Stilian Petrov, Henrik Larsson, Lubomir Moravcik, Chris Sutton and Eyal Berkovic to name but a few.

I have played football long enough and seen enough times a player who is simply too good for a team or division whether this be professional amateur whatever score 60-70 goals in a season. Scottish football is Championship level if your lucky.

How many players have scored 70+ in a professional league?

Anyway PS3 no. But I have played football long enough and seen enough times a player who is simply too good for a team or division whether this be professional amateur whatever score 60-70 goals in a season. Scottish football is Championship level if your lucky.

Mate your theory is nonsense. You can't score 70 goals in a shit team against slightly shitter opposition. He wouldn't get given the opportunities by his team mates. It doesn't overly matter how shit the SPL is - he would be in a team of SPL players himself.

Mate your theory is nonsense. You can't score 70 goals in a shit team against slightly shitter opposition. He wouldn't get given the opportunities by his team mates. It doesn't overly matter how shit the SPL is - he would be in a team of SPL players himself.

...whilst also playing on shite pitches that are tiny compared to the likes of the Nou Camp, Bernabeu or Old Trafford.

If you were to transfer the whole Real/Barca/United squads it may be possible. :lol:

Man Utd and Real Madrid are very close to coming to an agreement over striker Karim Benzema according to reports out of Spain. Sir Alex Ferguson has long been an admirer of Benzema and wanted to bring the Frenchman to Old Trafford last season but was thwarted in his attempts after Real Madrid snatched the 22 year old from under their noses.

Benzema himself only two days ago stated that he never wants to leave Real Madrid and is wanted to stay at the Bernabeau forever but that now looks like nothing more than a last desperate attempt by the player to convince the money men at Real Madrid to stick with him, that appeal however looks like it has fallen on death ears and Man Utd are closer now than they have ever been to securing their man.

Ferguson is looking for a new striker no matter what comments come out of Old Trafford, they want to get rid of flop Dimitar Berbatov and Benzema has always been their preferred target and with the Frenchman not getting much playing time at Real Madrid Ferguson is hopeful that Benzema will be a Man Utd player next season.

No fee has been mentioned and to be honest it is still not clear if this will be a loan deal or permanent move but the Spanish media are convinced that a deal is very close to being agreed.

Man Utd and Real Madrid are very close to coming to an agreement over striker Karim Benzema according to reports out of Spain. Sir Alex Ferguson has long been an admirer of Benzema and wanted to bring the Frenchman to Old Trafford last season but was thwarted in his attempts after Real Madrid snatched the 22 year old from under their noses.

Benzema himself only two days ago stated that he never wants to leave Real Madrid and is wanted to stay at the Bernabeau forever but that now looks like nothing more than a last desperate attempt by the player to convince the money men at Real Madrid to stick with him, that appeal however looks like it has fallen on death ears and Man Utd are closer now than they have ever been to securing their man.

Ferguson is looking for a new striker no matter what comments come out of Old Trafford, they want to get rid of flop Dimitar Berbatov and Benzema has always been their preferred target and with the Frenchman not getting much playing time at Real Madrid Ferguson is hopeful that Benzema will be a Man Utd player next season.

No fee has been mentioned and to be honest it is still not clear if this will be a loan deal or permanent move but the Spanish media are convinced that a deal is very close to being agreed.

Report from Footylatest.com so it must be reliable eh?;)

Am I creaming? Gourd only knows.

I can't see this happening. I don't think we need him.

If they didn't have time to spellcheck, I wonder what their fact-checking was like.

Loaning a 35m striker sounds ridiculous to me, I mean Shevshenko's one was already proven that it just doesn't work... but that might be Madrid for you are they are indeed a big circus.

I don't think the comparison is fair.

By the time Shevchenko arrived in London he was coasting. He was past his best, and he didn't have anywhere to go but down. Benzema is arguably three or four years from his peak, so it would make sense if we wanted to have a look at him, and then decide.

If he comes, we go back to 442 and Carrick instantly becomes relevant again. Not saying it's likely to happen, mind...

I think thats the plan. With all the strikers floating about and 2 very good wingers its about time we revert back to 4-4-2.

Then we can have Fletcher/Hargreaves in the middle with Carrick/Anderson. Scholes can then be used when we want to play 4-4-3. That'd be my wish anyway :)

As for Benzema, I think he'd come to us with a point to prove. Whether or not he'll turn out to be a good buy depends on the willingness to play him in his natural position and give him time to adjust.

I'm pretty sure we're sniffing around several targets atm and those targets will shape how our formation lines up next year I imagine.

Personally there is not a player I would want more than Benzema. He has a talent that Ferguson would make the most of, and I think we would have a very special player on our hands in a couple of years.

RM won't sell though, and he doesn't want to come.

Man Utd and Real Madrid close to major agreement

Source: Red Devils Close to Major Agreement Over Real Madrid Striker

Status
Not open for further replies.